FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Need help

Need help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ex couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

wexford

Question

Is it just us or does this happen everyone on here

When genuinely looking for meet lots of interest then cumming closer to meet date all start to fizzle away and then on the day get notification that can’t meet

This is third meet in a row that this has happened and bloody annoying and disappointing to say the least

We count ourselves as fairly attractive with good verifications from those we have met , this happen to many others ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

wexford

Due to the let downs we are considering deleting this account , but must say those we have met were great and fun times were had , even made friends

But Being parents and having busy lifestyles planning a meet ain’t easy as many of ye will understand which makes it all the more disappointing when your meet let’s you down last minute ,

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

"Due to the let downs we are considering deleting this account , but must say those we have met were great and fun times were had , even made friends

But Being parents and having busy lifestyles planning a meet ain’t easy as many of ye will understand which makes it all the more disappointing when your meet let’s you down last minute , "

It can happen more often than you think but stick with it, things will turn around for ye.

By *hefabflamingosCouple  over a year ago

North Coast, NI

We have had the same problem a few times especially with single recent single meets.. Stood up 3 times by the same person with nothing but excuses, now weather they were genuine excuses I don't know but still...

Sadly it seems alot people on here don't have the actual balls to go with it and commit... There all talk but can't walk the walk, hopefully it turns around for you guys and many others in the same boat! Great profile by the way, shame your quite far away!

Chris & Vicki

X

By *ome_wild_girlWoman  over a year ago

Antrim Town

This is why I mainly stick to organised m&gs cos unless we've met before I dont expect them to turn up until I see them at the arranged place. Yes we all get nerves and cold feet but for some they just get a kick out of the chase.

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

"Due to the let downs we are considering deleting this account , but must say those we have met were great and fun times were had , even made friends

But Being parents and having busy lifestyles planning a meet ain’t easy as many of ye will understand which makes it all the more disappointing when your meet let’s you down last minute , "

Get to a club night or a party as it cuts out all that, u mighten click with anyone but at least ur planning is not wasted as there will be people , our tuppance worth

Mr crazy

wexford

The club thing ain’t really our thing tbh but maybe ye are right , we personally agreed when signing up that we would just do 1 on 1 meets

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

"The club thing ain’t really our thing tbh but maybe ye are right , we personally agreed when signing up that we would just do 1 on 1 meets "

Social meet n greets are the best way to meet new people

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"The club thing ain’t really our thing tbh but maybe ye are right , we personally agreed when signing up that we would just do 1 on 1 meets "

But if you get a chance to stay in the hotel near the club or social,you could have a 1 on 1 with someone that was in the club or social....

By *heBlowinsCouple  over a year ago

West Cork

It happens to most if not all of us OP.. this is a big reason we're not planning any new meets right now.

Everyone has lives and nerves but it can certainly feel sometimes like there's an apathetic air here when it actually comes down to it - some people are all hope and no commitment. A fellow fabber pointed out recently that it feels like no one cares about anyone anymore - whether that's true or not, it certainly can feel that way on the internet.

Do whatever makes y'all feel good. If fab makes you feel good, stay..if not, take a break. If the negativee outweighs the positive, it's not worth it xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Y'see this is the flip side of us all being busy, anyone can have something crop up, or simply be too feckin tired. If it's happening to you repeatedly though, sounds like you might need to rethink your approach to finding meets.

West Cork

We don't care for the social/club scene either.. it's much harder for people to cancel on you when they've seen you in person first though, if even for a coffee meet.

We now never try to plan a cafe meet when we would not already be going ourselves. Then we have a nice day out anyway if they don't show

By *amsonite69Man  over a year ago

Belfast

"This is why I mainly stick to organised m&gs cos unless we've met before I dont expect them to turn up until I see them at the arranged place. Yes we all get nerves and cold feet but for some they just get a kick out of the chase. "
THI... the thrill of the chase and the fantasy i believe a lot of people are into.. been let down a few times myself.. and its usually ghost mode after.. par for the course im afraid.

By *risharrowMan  over a year ago

Clare

I try not to look forward to things and play out the future in me head, as things happen in life which are outside of our control. If I've build this image of what something will be like, a coffee meet for example, and the person turns out to be an arsehole it not show up at all, than I find it's me expectations not been meet which I'm pissed off at most, not the other person. I'm not saying people shouldn't do vision boards or ignore what the secret told them, but the not getting excited about things works for me.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been disappointed by no shows. But I would say it says more about the no shows than it does ye and to (easier said than done) not take it personally.

I'm grateful I've not experienced that yet

It's horrible to be stood up last minute and unless it's a serious emergency it's unforgivable

So we talking about couples and women standing you up OP? I just assumed couples and women were more reliable than men but maybe not

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

There is a huge amount of truth in the thrill of the chase. I’ve been there. Not to the stage where I’d bail on an arranged meet mind you!

Everyone has that at some stage…. 3 in a row is probably just bad luck….

It would be interesting to know what the percentage of failed meets v completed ones is

By *onderingpurposeMan  over a year ago

Belfast

If I say I will be there .....

I will be there

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"It happens to most if not all of us OP.. this is a big reason we're not planning any new meets right now.

Everyone has lives and nerves but it can certainly feel sometimes like there's an apathetic air here when it actually comes down to it - some people are all hope and no commitment. A fellow fabber pointed out recently that it feels like no one cares about anyone anymore - whether that's true or not, it certainly can feel that way on the internet.

Do whatever makes y'all feel good. If fab makes you feel good, stay..if not, take a break. If the negativee outweighs the positive, it's not worth it xx "

The Noone cares about anyone think is creeping through society since covid imo... I think people focused on themselves so much they got use to it

By *unlinguyMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

Honestly cant underatand why someone would let you down, unless for a very valid reason. Having said that I see a lot of people get no shows or let downs.. personally I have never let someone down..nor would i, well not at the last mimute if i had an emergency or something.

But Being parents and having busy lifestyles planning a meet ain’t easy as many of ye will understand which makes it all the more disappointing when your meet let’s you down last minute ,

Honestly cant underatand why someone would let you down, unless for a very valid reason. Having said that I see a lot of people get no shows or let downs.. personally I have never let someone down..nor would i, well not at the last mimute if i had an emergency or something."

I've been stood up 8 times on here as someone else said people just don't care

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

I get cancelled on regularly don't know if it's cold feet or just all talk, recently was on the way down to the hotel bar when he messaged to say he forgot he'd to have dinner with his Mammy.....yes he a 36yr old man said Mammy

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've been really lucky it seems as I've never had a no show.

I don't tend to meet fast when I am meeting though,I tend to chat and get to know them a bit before I agree to meet anyone.I know that approach won't work for everyone but it worked for me so far.

I have in the past cancelled two meets but it was a day or so in advance I would never not show up to meet anyone and I can't understand the mentality of someone who does that. Most people get a bit nervous before meeting someone new so that excuse doesn't cut any ice as far as I'm concerned. Other than a genuine emergency and even then it would take less than a minute to send someone a message to say they can't make it.

I know I wouldn't give anyone a second chance if they ghosted me.

By *rutus321Man  over a year ago

Offaly

Reality probably sets in when it comes to actually turning up,could be there not single either

By *ameswXXXMan  over a year ago

Killarney

Well I would never stand any woman or couple up never have and never will James xxx in the kingdom

By *lderandbolderMan  over a year ago

clonakilty

Well in work i have to honor my appointments and work to schedule i do the same with my social time love to go to more parties and meet n greets but don't look for invite.

If i chat with a woman or couple and look to meet i am genuine and sincere no matter how nervous

Please feel free to chat to me

By *heVirginianMan  over a year ago

Dublin

On regular dating apps I've had women bail more times than I can count! The few times I arranged anything on Fab it worked out better. Usually a lot of messaging and a social meet first helps to be sure they are genuine.

It is easy not to take it personally when it's just coffee and they don't show up. Different when you have already booked a hotel but that only happened once.

By *hefabflamingosCouple  over a year ago

North Coast, NI

Just been stood up this evening haha... Unbelievable like couldn't write it ahh week, there lose.. Cocktails it is!

By *anny Boy31Man  over a year ago

Belfast all over the Uk and Ireland

I have to say it’s a regular enough occurrence for me to be stood up. I always try to go for a coffee social first and don’t mind travelling within reason but still doesn’t cut it for some. All sorts of excuses and ghosting

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Reminds me a bit of when I’m looking on indeed for a new job , all excited when I’m submitting my cv and getting the interview date

Then at the last minute fuck it , can’t be arsed I’ll stay put

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

"Reminds me a bit of when I’m looking on indeed for a new job , all excited when I’m submitting my cv and getting the interview date

Then at the last minute fuck it , can’t be arsed I’ll stay put "

Versace werent offering as much as you were on with Gucci anyway babes.

You made the right decision x

wexford

It’s unreal time to say goodbye here from us

West Cork

"It’s unreal time to say goodbye here from us "

All the best to y'all.. you seem sound. Best of luck with everything xx

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"It’s unreal time to say goodbye here from us "

Best of luck ... no doubt you'll be back

By *weetcplCouple  over a year ago

mid town

"Question

Is it just us or does this happen everyone on here

When genuinely looking for meet lots of interest then cumming closer to meet date all start to fizzle away and then on the day get notification that can’t meet

This is third meet in a row that this has happened and bloody annoying and disappointing to say the least

We count ourselves as fairly attractive with good verifications from those we have met , this happen to many others ??? "

Don't know why, you have a great profile, if you are ever up this way we would love to meet you xx

Maybe hide your profile and take a break for a while.

On your bio you say your new to here but your profile and veris say different.

Why not update the bio

By *itty369Woman  over a year ago

Munster somewhere sometime

If its any consolation o.p it happens us gals too I make it a rule now coffee only first because that way then you can about your day if no show. But I can't get why people can't just own up and say whats going on. Nerves can get be hard for us all but not a excuse in my book x

Hey op yazoo from us,listen too the song

L&S

By *olouWoman  over a year ago

Swords

It's very disappointing to be let down, I love socials, get to meet so many fabulous people in one place, get time to have conversations and definitely get meets after. So much fun and you have no pressure on ya for anything. Best of luck and I agree ,just hide profile for a while

Xxxx

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"It's very disappointing to be let down, I love socials, get to meet so many fabulous people in one place, get time to have conversations and definitely get meets after. So much fun and you have no pressure on ya for anything. Best of luck and I agree ,just hide profile for a while

Xxxx"

I have never been to the club but I did go to a few Socials earlier on That I enjoyed , Rather have the one to one relaxing meet , But have had people let me down too , As above it could be perfectly honest with people as life does get in the way of things so don’t give up enjoy yourself don’t let other people spoil your fun

By *ikerbeanMan  over a year ago

Dublin 8

[Removed by poster at 19/10/22 00:18:20]

By *ikerbeanMan  over a year ago

Dublin 8

"

I've been stood up 8 times on here as someone else said people just don't care "

That is a crazy high number, sorry to hear it. What is wrong with people, if plans change or you change your mind, just be direct and authentic about, better for all involved.

By *anandJCouple  over a year ago

Citywest

It does happen way more often than we would like. We like when people have enough honesty in them to say no. But… each to their own…

Keep up the good game. You are both very attractive and deserved better. Stay safe.

» Add a new message to this topic