FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Liz Truss is gone

Liz Truss is gone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With Liz resigning what do people think of the Uk's situation atm?

I think it looks more and more likely of a United Ireland and Scottish Independence

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Only 3 more chancellors until Christmas...

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Only 3 more chancellors until Christmas... "

You've done it now mentioning Christmas

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

44 days ... shortest ever PM ., ahh well her name is in the history books.

[Removed by poster at 20/10/22 15:57:28]

I never knew that no.10 would a air B&B.

By *UReadyMan  over a year ago

fairview

"I never knew that no.10 would a air B&B. "

Brilliant

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Its going to be Borris again isn't it

"Its going to be Borris again isn't it "

He could be! I think the Torys will pick someone else though. Bojo's had his time. It really looks like labour will get in there

"Its going to be Borris again isn't it "

Ah come on get back to reality bog look at his record... his personal life...look at his distance for everyone...

So in conclusion yes... yes it is

Boris is on a royal’er at the moment $150,000 for his latest talk in the states this week,why would he go back??

"Boris is on a royal’er at the moment $150,000 for his latest talk in the states this week,why would he go back??"

The greatest 4 words in the English language...

I told you so

By *ickyAthleticMan  over a year ago

Galway

What a calamity the last few weeks have been for the uk. However bad politicians may seem here, they are whole lot worse across the water.

Personally don't see a united ireland happening in my lifetime. We have enough problems here than taking on a worse situation in the north.

Belfast

That's what happens when you look for a 10 shun.

By *eastMan  over a year ago

Oranmore

What’s her fab profile?

By *cotsguyyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Less Trust

Lizislickedafter45

By *eart-shaped-foxMan  over a year ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

Trussed up??

Fair. It does seem quite impossible. But they are definitely swing the discussions more about it. Whoever gets the seat of pm has serious work to do

By *acob12369Man  over a year ago

URPANTS

Good one going around about new front door installed at no.10, a revolving one

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Boris is on a royal’er at the moment $150,000 for his latest talk in the states this week,why would he go back??"

Because he loves the attention.

By *andR2019Couple  over a year ago

Nunya

"With Liz resigning what do people think of the Uk's situation atm?

I think it looks more and more likely of a United Ireland and Scottish Independence"

As a Scotsman the hope for a Scottish is near dead and on life support from a tiny section of loud people. The SNP have ran the country into a shithole and people are sick of spending a minimum of £25 million for a vote when the NHS in Scotland is near wrecked, wasted millions on two boats that will never be used and many more when everyone is now struggling.

"Fair. It does seem quite impossible. But they are definitely swing the discussions more about it. Whoever gets the seat of pm has serious work to do"

As someone who lives in Northern Ireland, the current Tory maelstrom has no bearing on my views of a United Ireland. As far as I'm concerned they are two entirely separate issues beyond the fact that only a stable government should drive any such issues. Given the current instability, now is not the time to be even thinking about it, and I'm more concerned about getting our own MLAs back at Stormont

I really struggle with the idea of a United Ireland.

N. Ireland to me now feels like a close cousin. They have their own identity and culture.

I think there are alot of things we could collaborate on but I really find it hard to see how we would integrate our two societies fully now

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"I really struggle with the idea of a United Ireland.

N. Ireland to me now feels like a close cousin. They have their own identity and culture.

I think there are alot of things we could collaborate on but I really find it hard to see how we would integrate our two societies fully now"

That's not true. I mean, compared to Cork, Leitrim has its own identity and culture. You can say the exact same about any two geographically distinct and distant areas.

I'm in Belfast and parts of Armagh regularly with groups of people and find more in common with them than I would with people in Galway, where I often find myself as well.

I think there are alot of things we could collaborate on but I really find it hard to see how we would integrate our two societies fully now

That's not true. I mean, compared to Cork, Leitrim has its own identity and culture. You can say the exact same about any two geographically distinct and distant areas.

I'm in Belfast and parts of Armagh regularly with groups of people and find more in common with them than I would with people in Galway, where I often find myself as well. "

I take your point but it's not the same thing.

I have more in common at times with Americans I speak to but I'm not talking about integrating government, education, health services etc with them.

I'm also not entirely sure the desire for it is there in the majority as it used to be

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

I'm in Belfast and parts of Armagh regularly with groups of people and find more in common with them than I would with people in Galway, where I often find myself as well.

I have more in common at times with Americans I speak to but I'm not talking about integrating government, education, health services etc with them.

I'm also not entirely sure the desire for it is there in the majority as it used to be"

Apples and oranges ... America and roi havnt been previously "integrated" for most of their entire existence..

Lucan

I'm also not entirely sure the desire for it is there in the majority as it used to be"

I disagree entirely. It's a subject very dear to my heart and I can see a change in the air. I mean, Leo Varadkar talking about his desire for unity was utterly unimaginable five years ago.

There's a new energy coming into the debate from young people. I was in the 3 Arena for that event a few weeks ago and what struck me was the age profile of the audience being younger than I had expected.

Lucan

I'm also not entirely sure the desire for it is there in the majority as it used to be

Apples and oranges ... America and roi havnt been previously "integrated" for most of their entire existence.. "

I disagree entirely. It's a subject very dear to my heart and I can see a change in the air. I mean, Leo Varadkar talking about his desire for unity was utterly unimaginable five years ago.

There's a new energy coming into the debate from young people. I was in the 3 Arena for that event a few weeks ago and what struck me was the age profile of the audience being younger than I had expected. "

I don't see it within my own social circles to be honest and any times it's discussed here it seems 50/50.

Maybe the greater reality of it will bring a surge who knows.

I just haven't seen any new voices calling for it.

Apples and oranges ... America and roi havnt been previously "integrated" for most of their entire existence..

"

Entire existence means little when its beyond the lifetime of the people who will decide on it. Granted the US example wasn't the most suitable

Belfast

I've lived all my life in South Armagh and can confidently say I don't know anyone who is currently talking about a United Ireland.

They don't have time because they are too busy worrying about lack of health service provision, energy costs, unemployment and numerous other things.

Very few really give a fuck who is in government either in Stormont or Westminster. They just want them to get their finger out of their holes and start doing what they were elected to do.

Lucan

There's a new energy coming into the debate from young people. I was in the 3 Arena for that event a few weeks ago and what struck me was the age profile of the audience being younger than I had expected.

I don't see it within my own social circles to be honest and any times it's discussed here it seems 50/50.

I just haven't seen any new voices calling for it."

Hello... Leo Varadker and a number of other front bench FG members. Also a number of FF front benchers.

Ben Collins.

Jimmy Nesbitt.

Currently every political party south of the border has a position in favour of it.

Utterly unthinkable a few short years ago.

Hello... Leo Varadker and a number of other front bench FG members. Also a number of FF front benchers.

Ben Collins.

Jimmy Nesbitt.

Currently every political party south of the border has a position in favour of it.

Utterly unthinkable a few short years ago. "

Because of the political climate not because they didn't hold the belief. I'm talking about people who either don't want it or don't care being converted. I don't see it. Every political party has always been in favor of it

Hi by the way

Ben Collins aside

"Boris is on a royal’er at the moment $150,000 for his latest talk in the states this week,why would he go back??

Because he loves the attention. "

M forgot that

Lucan

Ben Collins.

Jimmy Nesbitt.

Utterly unthinkable a few short years ago.

Because of the political climate not because they didn't hold the belief. I'm talking about people who either don't want it or don't care being converted. I don't see it. Every political party has always been in favor of it

Hi by the way"

Oh yes, FG, the closet republican party, and one of whose leaders declared that unity was not in the interests of the Irish people.

Have a look at the lineup for the next "Ireland's Future" event when it appears and you'll see some.

It's also worth remembering that the unionist majority is gone. In another team years it will have shrunk another bit. We know this by looking at the last three census reports which detail where that majority was and what's coming down the line. Also, the British only identity has dropped from 40% down to 30% in the last ten years, and will drop further. The Irish only identity is just a tiny bit behind that and growing. Most of the others will be open to persuasion if the arguments are good enough. Change is coming, whether any of us like it or not.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

And you won't have to wait long, before Boris returns

By *ot neuteredMan  over a year ago

Kildare

I was actually feeling sorry for the UK yesterday until I heard Boris could be a contender again for PM, what a shower of gob*****s

» Add a new message to this topic