FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Demisexuality

Demisexuality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man  over a year ago

Maynooth

Simple question...

Do you think it's a real thing or just another one of those tags that people make up.

I'm thinking it's real.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No idea, but sure whatever floats one's boat

I'd say all the sexualities have always existed, we just never saw the need to pick a person apart and label every layer before.

People are a bit lost these days in general I think and don't have the same resilience to be an individual, to just be. There's this drive to search for 'who am I' via labels and in having a tribe of similarly labelled folk. Seems to bring comfort but I think before all of this, people just got up every morning and did the life thing. Horny people did horny things and less horny people didn't feel the need. Apparently there's more to life than sex, who knew?

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Dunno.

Demi-baguettes are real though.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I had to look it up, never heard of it. Anyhow attraction works in many wonderful ways, I don't see the need of dissecting it but sure if it makes some label obsessed a bit happier, so be it.

If we go on with labeling everything I wonder what the fanny farter will be called...

Had to look it up, why do we have to label stuff

I would have thought this is a normal thing, you meet someone you might not be atrracted to them straight away but you get to know them and the attraction grows?

Stockholm syndrome lite

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

She's very hot but Striptease was a shit movie

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"She's very hot but Striptease was a shit movie"

But Ghost is brilliant....

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Had to look this up....it looks normal to be honest

Very aware of it and find it very interesting as well...I don't view it as labelling I look at it as helping one understand their sexuality which enhances thier individuality

...there's a sexuality spectrum which again is very interesting in understanding different dynamics and how people work are

Personally I think this type of information should be delivered in schools to help young kids understand the complexity that is sexuality....

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"Very aware of it and find it very interesting as well...I don't view it as labelling I look at it as helping one understand their sexuality which enhances thier individuality

...there's a sexuality spectrum which again is very interesting in understanding different dynamics and how people work are

Personally I think this type of information should be delivered in schools to help young kids understand the complexity that is sexuality...."

Is it really complex though?

Like what you like ... thats ok!

What you like may change.. thats ok.

Dose it need to be any more complex for kids ,,, or anyone for that matter ?

"Very aware of it and find it very interesting as well...I don't view it as labelling I look at it as helping one understand their sexuality which enhances thier individuality

Personally I think this type of information should be delivered in schools to help young kids understand the complexity that is sexuality....

Dose it need to be any more complex for kids ,,, or anyone for that matter ? "

Be better just teaching respect and acceptance. If you open the floodgates at an impressionable age you get in to the risks from the power of suggestion which can create problems for vulnerable children. Let nature develop at it's natural pace and support a nurturing environment to let them thrive. Pigeon-holing just hampers growth

Personally I think this type of information should be delivered in schools to help young kids understand the complexity that is sexuality...."

I agree. Its a reaction to the traditional 'boxes' people are put in. Understanding of spectrums allows people freedom to be more flexible. I personally think the labelling will pass in time

Dose it need to be any more complex for kids ,,, or anyone for that matter ? "

I don't think any of that information is given to kids as you've put tbh

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

I don't think any of that information is given to kids as you've put tbh "

Well it was for me ... I was told at a very young age ... some people fall in love and it dosnt matter to get if there male or female ... they just love the person ,,, that was how gay was explained..

Also remember being told that sometime people experiment to find what their comfortable with and thats ok...

And let me tell i didn't come from a liberal family ... just a somewhat open influence.

I've no doubt may people are told the same as young kids ...

By *agdoll-and-BonedaddyCouple  over a year ago

Halloween Town, Belfast

Sally is Demi. She used to think she was Ace, but fortunately I can bring out the horniness in her.

It does seem that she's finds it easier to develop a sexual attraction with women though.

Be better just teaching respect and acceptance. If you open the floodgates at an impressionable age you get in to the risks from the power of suggestion which can create problems for vulnerable children. Let nature develop at it's natural pace and support a nurturing environment to let them thrive. Pigeon-holing just hampers growth "

Or perhaps, just maybe, it might help some children make sense of what they're feeling and allow them to focus then on living their lives without the spectre of some unnamed thing filling their minds. Not everyone finds happiness in being rudderless

Be better just teaching respect and acceptance. If you open the floodgates at an impressionable age you get in to the risks from the power of suggestion which can create problems for vulnerable children. Let nature develop at it's natural pace and support a nurturing environment to let them thrive. Pigeon-holing just hampers growth

Or perhaps, just maybe, it might help some children make sense of what they're feeling and allow them to focus then on living their lives without the spectre of some unnamed thing filling their minds. Not everyone finds happiness in being rudderless"

Absolutely, that's what I meant by 'support in a nurturing environment to let them thrive'

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Or perhaps, just maybe, it might help some children make sense of what they're feeling and allow them to focus then on living their lives without the spectre of some unnamed thing filling their minds. Not everyone finds happiness in being rudderless"

My recent experience with teenagers of around 17 has shown exactly the opposite. With all those expressions flying around they're occupied to find out with label they match. One of the girls confessed she said at some stage she's gay because of being questioned by others and just wanted to belong/left alone only to tell me a year or so down the road she isn't sure at all about her sexual orientation. The problem with those labels is they are human construct trying to frame us into boxes while infact the borders are blurred and manifold. The message should be whatever floats your boat is ok, we're all one and yet individuall, we're humans regardless of sexual orientation or how our attraction mechanism works, go and experiment.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I had to fill out an application this week for an upcoming event and in the gender box there were 3 options.

Male

Female

In another way

Or perhaps, just maybe, it might help some children make sense of what they're feeling and allow them to focus then on living their lives without the spectre of some unnamed thing filling their minds. Not everyone finds happiness in being rudderless

My recent experience with teenagers of around 17 has shown exactly the opposite. With all those expressions flying around they're occupied to find out with label they match. One of the girls confessed she said at some stage she's gay because of being questioned by others and just wanted to belong/left alone only to tell me a year or so down the road she isn't sure at all about her sexual orientation. The problem with those labels is they are human construct trying to frame us into boxes while infact the borders are blurred and manifold. The message should be whatever floats your boat is ok, we're all one and yet individuall, we're humans regardless of sexual orientation or how our attraction mechanism works, go and experiment. "

This as said earlier (power of suggestion) this statement has proven that can't happen.

The spectrum is broad not black and white. Some people use label others don't.

If the person wants to identify as whatever and they're happy that's all that matters.

Some people are just fluid as long as your happy what difference does it make what you identify as ir what label you choose to use.

My recent experience with teenagers of around 17 has shown exactly the opposite. With all those expressions flying around they're occupied to find out with label they match. One of the girls confessed she said at some stage she's gay because of being questioned by others and just wanted to belong/left alone only to tell me a year or so down the road she isn't sure at all about her sexual orientation. The problem with those labels is they are human construct trying to frame us into boxes while infact the borders are blurred and manifold. The message should be whatever floats your boat is ok, we're all one and yet individuall, we're humans regardless of sexual orientation or how our attraction mechanism works, go and experiment.

This as said earlier (power of suggestion) this statement has proven that can't happen.

The spectrum is broad not black and white. Some people use label others don't.

If the person wants to identify as whatever and they're happy that's all that matters.

Some people are just fluid as long as your happy what difference does it make what you identify as ir what label you choose to use."

What I meant by the risk of the power of suggestion is not that a person would permanently decide or change based on it but that it often confuses children when they are at a very vulnerable life stage and like the poster above said can cause an unsettling need to find a label or fit in or whatever social pressures dictate, whereas the person is going to be as they were born to be and simply needs love and support to let their true nature evolve and be revealed at it's own pace.

So be supportive of diversity is my preference, have information available... yes absolutely, but in a responsible way is the best word I can think of atm. We just need to be mindful of risks and realistic of the fact that vulnerable children do need support.

» Add a new message to this topic