FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Circumsized or not...

Circumsized or not...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awkeye_30 OP   Man  over a year ago

Limerick

So as the title goes, circumsized or not? What feels better? Is there a difference ? Have you a preference ? What looks better .... The floor is yours ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unkildareguyMan  over a year ago

maynooth

You'll have the religious nuts on now calling it genital mutilation

I'm cut and I think its great , always clean and shiny

By *alwayVixenWoman  over a year ago

Galway

Personally it doesn’t make any difference to me looks or feeling wise. It’s more about the person it’s attached to.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

No issue with an adult choosing to do this for themselves, or for medical issues... but doing it to a child before they can choose is barbaric.

Limerick

"Personally it doesn’t make any difference to me looks or feeling wise. It’s more about the person it’s attached to."

Wholeheartedly agree, although I'd say for some out there , the aesthetic nature or the feel of it can be just as pleasing or important..

By *edxxxzzzMan  over a year ago

Enniskillen

I've had some ladies tell me that uncut feels better. Asthetically some say they prefer cut

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It never been a deciding factor for me if a guy is circumsized or not. And I've never felt a difference either during sex.During foreplay yes I prefer the look and feel of a foreskin,but as long as they are enjoying what I do it doesn't matter really if they are cut or not. In fact it's not something I've ever even discussed before I have met anyone.

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Its not something that's even occurred to me to ask prior to meeting someone nor would I

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Some mickeys are horrible cut or uncut

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Doesn't make a difference to me

Mrs Gs

Limerick

"Some mickeys are horrible cut or uncut "

Quality

By *ursecretmischiefCouple  over a year ago

The West

One thing that is always noticeable on posts like this.

There is never a woman that is as obsessed about circumcised cocks as men with circumcised cocks are!

By *adger BrocMan  over a year ago

Co. Cork

"You'll have the religious nuts on now calling it genital mutilation

I'm cut and I think its great , always clean and shiny "

I am non religious but imo circumcision performed on anyone under 18 years old, unless for specific medical reasons, is genital mutilation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Some mickeys are horrible cut or uncut

Quality "

lol

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

"So as the title goes, circumsized or not? What feels better? Is there a difference ? Have you a preference ? What looks better .... The floor is yours .."

Well...I have had...I suppose it depends on the shape oh the cock too.visually it looks more pleasing to me.otherwise felt the same really...

Naughty Lane

"Some mickeys are horrible cut or uncut "

Thats true though I totally agree with you there

To be fair they're awful looking yokes

I got cut about 3 years ago. Certainly feels better but now I cum a lot quicker.

Swings and roundabouts

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

And dry and wrinkled

As a medical professional... I can say that circumcision is better from a hygiene perspective..and also lesser urinary tract infections, lower transmission of STIs, penike cancer etcetera... loads of literature on it. Secondly, genital mutilation is more pertinent when it comes to female genitalia, circumcision is not considered genital mutilation.

The most recent American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines state that the health benefits of circumcision in newborn boys outweigh the risks of the procedure for families that choose to do it, but the AAP makes no recommendation for or against the procedure..

By *ananaman41Man  over a year ago

Dublin

I dont think you have to be a 'religious nut' to be disgusted by infant circumcision

Dublin

"As a medical professional... I can say that circumcision is better from a hygiene perspective..and also lesser urinary tract infections, lower transmission of STIs, penike cancer etcetera... loads of literature on it. Secondly, genital mutilation is more pertinent when it comes to female genitalia, circumcision is not considered genital mutilation.

The most recent American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines state that the health benefits of circumcision in newborn boys outweigh the risks of the procedure for families that choose to do it, but the AAP makes no recommendation for or against the procedure.."

Amazing how we are born with something, yet then some medical body decides that infact no, nature was wrong and you shouldnt have that thing after all...

"As a medical professional... I can say that circumcision is better from a hygiene perspective..and also lesser urinary tract infections, lower transmission of STIs, penike cancer etcetera... loads of literature on it. Secondly, genital mutilation is more pertinent when it comes to female genitalia, circumcision is not considered genital mutilation.

The most recent American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines state that the health benefits of circumcision in newborn boys outweigh the risks of the procedure for families that choose to do it, but the AAP makes no recommendation for or against the procedure..

Amazing how we are born with something, yet then some medical body decides that infact no, nature was wrong and you shouldnt have that thing after all..."

The good thing most of the time (not always) is that they inform... And let us make the decision... Having said that ... There's decades of longitudinal studies on circumcision and they are pretty good...

Co. Cork

The most recent American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines state that the health benefits of circumcision in newborn boys outweigh the risks of the procedure for families that choose to do it, but the AAP makes no recommendation for or against the procedure.."

There are many causes of UTI's that have nothing to do with the penis being cut or not.

The statistics around reduced STI's would be much more influenced by wearing protection during sex.

As for hygiene...regular use of soap and water is all that's required in that department.

Why call it genital mutilation in females but try to use less graphic language for a similar procedure on males.

The AAP obviously don't want to rock the religion boat amongst its members who practice those outdated barbaric practices as part of their faith.

Dublin

There are many causes of UTI's that have nothing to do with the penis being cut or not.

The statistics around reduced STI's would be much more influenced by wearing protection during sex.

As for hygiene...regular use of soap and water is all that's required in that department.

Why call it genital mutilation in females but try to use less graphic language for a similar procedure on males.

The AAP obviously don't want to rock the religion boat amongst its members who practice those outdated barbaric practices as part of their faith.

"

Indeed. Well said

By *attooed.dadbodMan  over a year ago

The light between the oceans

I have no frenulum so I'm both I suppose

Wexford

There's a difference between it being not mutilation and you perceiving it as not mutilation. For those who do perceive it as a form of mutilation it is mutilation.

Wexford

Amazing how we are born with something, yet then some medical body decides that infact no, nature was wrong and you shouldnt have that thing after all...

The good thing most of the time (not always) is that they inform... And let us make the decision... Having said that ... There's decades of longitudinal studies on circumcision and they are pretty good..."

The vast majority of circumcisions worldwide are performed on infants. Who exactly and how exactly are they letting these infants knoll beforehand?

Also To your above point, non medically required Circumcisions Maybe good for good hygiene.,however maybe it's just a substitute for keeping yourself clean .

I always forget to ask what people prefer before I send my 101 dick pics to them thankfully I have a selection of each

By *ustinSiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Personally myself I am circumcised.

I was circumcised for purely medical reasons not long after birth.

I find that it's more hygienic and clean.

However I find that there is less sensation which can be a good and a bad thing when it comes to sex.

The bad thing is the less sensation and even less when wearing condoms.

I guess the plus side to it though is that I have more staying power and can go for much longer than most.

somewhere

"I always forget to ask what people prefer before I send my 101 dick pics to them thankfully I have a selection of each"

Do you have them in different sizes and colours

[Removed by poster at 07/02/23 13:09:20]

"Personally myself I am circumcised.

However I find that there is less sensation which can be a good and a bad thing when it comes to sex.

I guess the plus side to it though is that I have more staying power and can go for much longer than most."

How can you tell there is less sensation than before 

Or more hygienic for that matter

By *ig_specsWoman  over a year ago

Kilbarrack

I had better experiences with circumcised penises.

They smell, taste and look better and also can hold more time during intercourse.

Co. Cork

"I had better experiences with circumcised penises.

They smell, taste and look better and also can hold more time during intercourse."

With "NO GLOVE NO LOVE" on your profile I'm not sure you are really in the best position to judge...

They smell, taste and look better and also can hold more time during intercourse.

With "NO GLOVE NO LOVE" on your profile I'm not sure you are really in the best position to judge..."

You know people can have unprotected sex in other scenarios than random fab hook ups right?

Naughty Lane

"I always forget to ask what people prefer before I send my 101 dick pics to them thankfully I have a selection of each

Do you have them in different sizes and colours "

that made me giggle.

Belfast

I guess the plus side to it though is that I have more staying power and can go for much longer than most.

Or more hygienic for that matter"

Well because if circumcised then there are a lot of nerve ending exposed due to lack of foreskin which are constantly being rubbed at by underwear or clothing.

Over time this causes less sensation.

As for the clean and hygienic bit well I mean there is no foreskin to pull back and clean under. No build-up of anything.

By *rJames_KerryMan  over a year ago

Kerry

"One thing that is always noticeable on posts like this.

There is never a woman that is as obsessed about circumcised cocks as men with circumcised cocks are!"

So true lol.

I am circumcised not over obsessed with it.

Co. Cork

With "NO GLOVE NO LOVE" on your profile I'm not sure you are really in the best position to judge...

You know people can have unprotected sex in other scenarios than random fab hook ups right?

"

Yes I do understand that people have active sex lives outside of Fab but as this is a Fab forum and the poster did refer to penis in the plural in the thread I think I was ok to comment on her post versus what she had written in her profile.

Yes I do understand that people have active sex lives outside of Fab but as this is a Fab forum and the poster did refer to penis in the plural in the thread I think I was ok to comment on her post versus what she had written in her profile.

"

So at no point in past relationships have you had unprotected sex? Seeing as you have listed safe sex as an interest on your profile.

Do you see how silly the point is?

Co. Cork

So at no point in past relationships have you had unprotected sex? Seeing as you have listed safe sex as an interest on your profile.

Do you see how silly the point is?"

Sorry but my point was only referring to the lady making the comparison between cut and uncut while "shouting" no glove no love on her profile.

Not really sure what your point is.

Sorry but my point was only referring to the lady making the comparison between cut and uncut while "shouting" no glove no love on her profile.

Not really sure what your point is."

Because people who don't want to have unprotected sex with casual hook ups on fab can still of had monogamous relationships where they had unprotected sex and not in anyway be hypocritical, whist also having aa perfectly valid opinion about the thread topic.

Co. Cork

[Removed by poster at 07/02/23 15:18:06]

Co. Cork

Because people who don't want to have unprotected sex with casual hook ups on fab can still of had monogamous relationships where they had unprotected sex and not in anyway be hypocritical, whist also having aa perfectly valid opinion about the thread topic.

"

Ok. I'm going to cut my losses....pun intended.

So I agree that the lady was entitled to her opinion.

That's me pulling out of this one.

Always happy to continue the discussion in person with people at a Daytime coffee meet....see thread on Daytime Coffee Meet in Cork and Adjoining Counties.

[Removed by poster at 07/02/23 15:41:08]

By *ex coupleCouple  over a year ago

wexford

Personally I Prefer the look of circumsized

Wexford

I guess the plus side to it though is that I have more staying power and can go for much longer than most."

The bit I don't understand is how can you possibly know any of that?? Unless you had a strapadicktomey and tryed it out for a while ???

Wexford

Or more hygienic for that matter

Well because if circumcised then there are a lot of nerve ending exposed due to lack of foreskin which are constantly being rubbed at by underwear or clothing.

Over time this causes less sensation.

As for the clean and hygienic bit well I mean there is no foreskin to pull back and clean under. No build-up of anything."

Well thats a clear indication its been your experience

Ffs

Wexford

Not really sure what your point is."

I take it you're of the opinion then that there is no sensational difference at all cut or uncut if you wear a glove. Again how do you know this ... did you let some guys try in on your armpit or something?

By *ewrideMan  over a year ago

KK

Can we stop talking about a surgical alteration like it's a haircut or something?

Barbaric practice imo.

My sympathies to those that had it inflicted on them.

KK

There is no plausible mechanism as to why that might be.

Any findings like that are down to sampling errors.

It's a primarily religious ritual that certain cultures are desperate to justify.

somewhere

Since I had it done only a few years ago I can definitely confirm that there's a massive loss of sensation when cut compared to uncut

Lets be honest there's feck all sensation anyway wearing a condom in my opinion so what difference would it make

By *lugoneMan  over a year ago

rathmicheal

"So as the title goes, circumsized or not? What feels better? Is there a difference ? Have you a preference ? What looks better .... The floor is yours .."

Had to be circumcised for medical reasons and it was the best thing ever for me . It took a little getting used to but after a few weeks it was like I was always circumcised. And sex has improved ( more comfortable) and I last a lot longer

Belfast

The bit I don't understand is how can you possibly know any of that?? Unless you had a strapadicktomey and tryed it out for a while ??? "

Well because maybe when I was younger there was more sensation there and as time has went on, the exposed nerve endings, the said running of clothing etc to the exposed area, so over time I saw for myself the lessening of the sensations.

It's science. I can send you a couple of links if you like. You could always Google it.

I asked a question. I gave an answer. I wasn't trying to be smart or offend, just adding input to the thread and proffering information.

Belfast

"Can we stop talking about a surgical alteration like it's a haircut or something?

Barbaric practice imo.

My sympathies to those that had it inflicted on them."

Barbaric practice, if for religious or cultural reasons, then I could agree with.

When I had it done after I was born, it was a necessary medical procedure.

I wasn't able to urinate and without the procedure it would have caused severe medical complications.

Every so often when growing as a child I had to go into hospital to have further surgery and procedures done.

Had I not been circumcised just after birth and had the further procedure I probably wouldn't be alive today, or at the very least some of my organs such as kidneys and liver would be in a very bad state.

I don't think kids should have circumcision or any other procedures imposed on them, especially if it's purely for religious or cultural reasons or there is no need for it to happen.

However, if it is medically needed, I'm thankful I was able to receive the procedures that I did at those times.

I'm thankful for medicine and science to be at the advanced state it is at in recent times and history, and today.

Wexford

"Can we stop talking about a surgical alteration like it's a haircut or something?

Barbaric practice imo.

Barbaric practice, if for religious or cultural reasons, then I could agree with.

I wasn't able to urinate and without the procedure it would have caused severe medical complications.

Every so often when growing as a child I had to go into hospital to have further surgery and procedures done.

Had I not been circumcised just after birth and had the further procedure I probably wouldn't be alive today, or at the very least some of my organs such as kidneys and liver would be in a very bad state.

I don't think kids should have circumcision or any other procedures imposed on them, especially if it's purely for religious or cultural reasons or there is no need for it to happen.

However, if it is medically needed, I'm thankful I was able to receive the procedures that I did at those times.

I'm thankful for medicine and science to be at the advanced state it is at in recent times and history, and today."

KK

Barbaric practice imo.

I'm thankful for medicine and science to be at the advanced state it is at in recent times and history, and today."

I reckon there were other, better surgeries available to you.

Doctors chose the one that's being pushed for cultural reasons around the world, and even then it didn't solve your problem completely.

Competent, free-thinking doctors could have handled your needs better I'm sure.

The West

"

Doctors chose the one that's being pushed for cultural reasons around the world, and even then it didn't solve your problem completely.

Competent, free-thinking doctors could have handled your needs better I'm sure."

You reckon, do ya?...You're a free-thinking doctor, I presume?

How would you solve the problem of a tight foreskin that was preventing him from urinating?

KK

"

How would you solve the problem of a tight foreskin that was preventing him from urinating?"

It's extremely unlikely a tight foreskin was preventing urination.

I don't want to make light of what was clearly a serious medical issue.

As I want is for the discussion to recognise that it's a serious medical procedure, and shouldn't be spoken about as if it's a small cosmetic issue like a haircut.

The West

"

How would you solve the problem of a tight foreskin that was preventing him from urinating?

As I want is for the discussion to recognise that it's a serious medical procedure, and shouldn't be spoken about as if it's a small cosmetic issue like a haircut."

A tight foreskin, that does not retract at all, creating a build up of urine behind the foreskin causing infection, pain and general discomfort is one of the main reasons young children get a circ. It's certainly not a trivial procedure. We've been there!

By *orthwestbikerxxMan  over a year ago

lancs

Cut about 3 years ago think I miss my 4 skin for wanking but cuts definitely cleaner I can last alot.longer now Abit to long wife says she prefers cut now

Belfast

"

As I want is for the discussion to recognise that it's a serious medical procedure, and shouldn't be spoken about as if it's a small cosmetic issue like a haircut."

It's extremely unlikely? So you were there in 1979? You were me or saw me with your own eyes?

I think I'm pretty sure of my own medical history. It seems you know better than the doctors and surgeons that were there around me at that time. But hey oh, what would they know.

We now have internet doctors instead.

KK

"

It's extremely unlikely? So you were there in 1979? You were me or saw me with your own eyes?

I think I'm pretty sure of my own medical history. It seems you know better than the doctors and surgeons that were there around me at that time. But hey oh, what would they know.

We now have internet doctors instead."

And wtf did a newborn in 1979 know exactly?

I'm sorry you had a serious problem.

But as you said yourself, the religious ritual that was forced upon you didn't resolve it.

I don't know the details of your particular issue, but the foreskin does not block the urethra. Even if it was almost sealed over, that "seal" would be broken through the force of the urinal flow.

Fairly sure Justin said that he needed further surgeries as he grew, not that it didn't resolve the issue. It's fairly commonplace for infants who have surgery for a variety of conditions to need further surgeries as they grow without it being an indication that the surgery hasn't worked.

KK

"Fairly sure Justin said that he needed further surgeries as he grew, not that it didn't resolve the issue. It's fairly commonplace for infants who have surgery for a variety of conditions to need further surgeries as they grow without it being an indication that the surgery hasn't worked."

I know what was said.

I just find it wholly unsurprising that the medical profession would opt for the surgery that is being pushed around the world for cultural reasons.

There are even countless studies out there attempting to justify the practice as a means of HIV prevention, based on extremely dubious data, and without any plausible hypothesis of why this may be.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"

There are even countless studies out there attempting to justify the practice as a means of HIV prevention, based on extremely dubious data, and without any plausible hypothesis of why this may be."

Not knowing why something works doesn't mean the thing doesn't work.

By *o_armagh_manMan  over a year ago

Banbridge Area

I got it done about 10 years ago for medical reasons.. Have never looked back...much cleaner, much better feel for me... And obviously I look like a porn star now too lol...

Belfast

"

We now have internet doctors instead.

And wtf did a newborn in 1979 know exactly?

I'm sorry you had a serious problem.

But as you said yourself, the religious ritual that was forced upon you didn't resolve it.

I don't know the details of your particular issue, but the foreskin does not block the urethra. Even if it was almost sealed over, that "seal" would be broken through the force of the urinal flow."

That's the point. What would I know as an infant. Thankfully there were educated professional adults that helped me.

It wasn't a religious ritual forced upon me. It was a medical procedure.

I want to apologise if I seemed snipey in my earlier comments. Wasn't having a good week.

You, and we are all entitled to have views and opinions and respectfully so.

Can I ask your thought? If I hadn't had the religious ritual or medical procedure then what might have been my alternatives? Just wondering.

KK

"

Can I ask your thought? If I hadn't had the religious ritual or medical procedure then what might have been my alternatives? Just wondering. "

My thought is that circumcision is so firmly established as a normal ritual that even medical professionals take it lightly.. They can see it as normal and without risk, especially if they come from areas where it is common. Or were taught by these people, either through lectures or textbooks.

Your specific problem seemed to be with the urinary tract, which the foreskin poses minimal obstruction to.

Again, I don't know the details z nor do I expect you to share them; and also I don't want to make light of your problem or experience.

Not... women love cheese

"

Can I ask your thought? If I hadn't had the religious ritual or medical procedure then what might have been my alternatives? Just wondering.

My thought is that circumcision is so firmly established as a normal ritual that even medical professionals take it lightly.. They can see it as normal and without risk, especially if they come from areas where it is common. Or were taught by these people, either through lectures or textbooks.

Your specific problem seemed to be with the urinary tract, which the foreskin poses minimal obstruction to.

Again, I don't know the details z nor do I expect you to share them; and also I don't want to make light of your problem or experience."

Take it that a very tight foreskin can cause issues with urination and the ability to clean and therefore prevent infections. What's the alternative procedure that doctors are refusing in place of circumcision

KK

"

Take it that a very tight foreskin can cause issues with urination and the ability to clean and therefore prevent infections. What's the alternative procedure that doctors are refusing in place of circumcision "

No, it wouldn't.

The force of the urinary flow would blast it open to at least an extent where it could escape.

A tight foreskin is an issue for an erect penis, where the difficultly or inability of it to retract can cause discomfort or even pain.

Infants have no cause for their foreskin to be able to retract.

Smegma is a naturally produced substance by your body, with a function, but like anything it is possible for it to become excessive.

Certain steroids are useful if inflammation is a problem, antibiotics where infection has occurred.

Severing a body part really is a last resort, except for this one insane ritual it seems.

The West

"

Take it that a very tight foreskin can cause issues with urination and the ability to clean and therefore prevent infections. What's the alternative procedure that doctors are refusing in place of circumcision

No, it wouldn't.

The force of the urinary flow would blast it open to at least an extent where it could escape.

A tight foreskin is an issue for an erect penis, where the difficultly or inability of it to retract can cause discomfort or even pain.

Smegma is a naturally produced substance by your body, with a function, but like anything it is possible for it to become excessive.

Certain steroids are useful if inflammation is a problem, antibiotics where infection has occurred.

Severing a body part really is a last resort, except for this one insane ritual it seems."

I certainly dont agree with circumcision to a child on a religious, cultural basis, its just wrong. However, for obvious medical reasons its a differnt story.

We have a child that needed a circ. He was struggling to urinate every single day. His Penis/foreskin would swell up like a balloon when he tried to urinate. Apart from the pain this caused numerous times a day, the infections and skin irritations were a major concern. That's without even looking at the greater danger of damage to urinary tracts, bladders etc.

Do you have an alternative?

The West

"

No, it wouldn't.

The force of the urinary flow would blast it open to at least an extent where it could escape."

What a statement! It's up there with your "free-thinking doctors" one tbf.

KK

Look, I don't like commenting about specific situations.

But did the doctors suggest an alternative?

Children don't usually have any cause to retract their foreskins, but it sounds like yours did. Why wasn't this possible? Was a way to make this possible explored?

Or did they (as I suspect) just jump at circumcision as the solution because it's so normalised?

KK

Anyway, whether or not the medical profession overuses circumcision is its own issue.

The big problem I have is discussing what preference women may have. As if adult men are actually considering doing it for this reason. It's beyond absurd.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Anyway, whether or not the medical profession overuses circumcision is its own issue.

The big problem I have is discussing what preference women may have. As if adult men are actually considering doing it for this reason. It's beyond absurd."

It could just as easily be that adult men are actually considering getting a foreskin stitched back on for this reason. It's beyond absurd.

The West

"Anyway, whether or not the medical profession overuses circumcision is its own issue.

The big problem I have is discussing what preference women may have. As if adult men are actually considering doing it for this reason. It's beyond absurd."

These threads are nearly always started by men with circumcised cocks, and the women on here rarely contribute to it!

I doubt a single man on here has had the procedure for cosmetic reasons and few if any for religious or cultural reasons.

It's a common medical procedure.

By *ig_specsWoman  over a year ago

Kilbarrack

"

Thank you for that, I feel like I have missed the point

KK

"

It's a common medical procedure."

Because of cultural reasons

By *ingletWoman  over a year ago

Kilkenny

My boy is mixed race and I had him circumcised as a baby, after reading alot and speaking of others personal experiences I feel it was the right decision for him

The West

"

It's a common medical procedure.

Because of cultural reasons"

Have you not got a protest to be at with Justin, or something!

KK

"My boy is mixed race and I had him circumcised as a baby, after reading alot and speaking of others personal experiences I feel it was the right decision for him "

And this is where it's predominantly a problem.

In African, Muslim and Jewish communities (and bizarrely USA), it's so normalised that it has infiltrated the medical communities.

These are highly respected within their communities, so they are listened to, regardless or not of whether is a reasonable practice.

Dublin

"My boy is mixed race and I had him circumcised as a baby, after reading alot and speaking of others personal experiences I feel it was the right decision for him "

Why would it have been the right decision for him?

By *uittopMan  over a year ago

South County Dublin

No preference, however if uncut I like the foreskin to retract easily, like mine.

Kilkenny

"My boy is mixed race and I had him circumcised as a baby, after reading alot and speaking of others personal experiences I feel it was the right decision for him

Why would it have been the right decision for him? "

my brothers both needed it done for medical reasons and I've friends with mixed race boys also who have needed it done but they were older and it was painful and traumatic whereas my boy doesn't remember so no truama

Wexford

"Fairly sure Justin said that he needed further surgeries as he grew, not that it didn't resolve the issue. It's fairly commonplace for infants who have surgery for a variety of conditions to need further surgeries as they grow without it being an indication that the surgery hasn't worked.

I know what was said.

I just find it wholly unsurprising that the medical profession would opt for the surgery that is being pushed around the world for cultural reasons.

There are even countless studies out there attempting to justify the practice as a means of HIV prevention, based on extremely dubious data, and without any plausible hypothesis of why this may be."

Seriously. I don't agree with cultural or such circumcision... however there are infants that need it ... you need to look into stuff before going off

Wexford

"

No, it wouldn't.

Severing a body part really is a last resort, except for this one insane ritual it seems."

Bullshit. I've a lil nephew born with this and it caused foreskin to house urine and to restrict cleaning ...

Wexford

In what regards ?

Wexford

"My boy is mixed race and I had him circumcised as a baby, after reading alot and speaking of others personal experiences I feel it was the right decision for him

Why would it have been the right decision for him? my brothers both needed it done for medical reasons and I've friends with mixed race boys also who have needed it done but they were older and it was painful and traumatic whereas my boy doesn't remember so no truama"

Ok so a case of pre emptying?

Kilkenny

Why would it have been the right decision for him? my brothers both needed it done for medical reasons and I've friends with mixed race boys also who have needed it done but they were older and it was painful and traumatic whereas my boy doesn't remember so no truama

Ok so a case of pre emptying?

"

prevention is better than cure but that was just me

By *arthchildMan  over a year ago

Cork

I'm cut and I think its great , always clean and shiny

I am non religious but imo circumcision performed on anyone under 18 years old, unless for specific medical reasons, is genital mutilation.

"

Plus it began as a religious practice, so it's the religious nuts who are mutilating children's genitals. People of logic understand that a consenting adult can choose to do it for personal preference or medical reasons

» Add a new message to this topic