FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Hello, how are you

Hello, how are you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mental health ireland

The Mental Health Ireland “HELLO, How R U?” campaign aims to tackle the lack of connection or belonging that people experience by inspiring individuals to ask how others are feeling. This opens up a conversation to allow people to listen and encourage action by signposting to local supports and services.

H.E.L.L.O.

The unique premise of this campaign is to encourage people to not just ask the question but to support people in knowing what to do next. There are five steps to saying H.E.L.L.O. and asking the question.

H – Say Hello. This encourages starting the conversation, asking the question, using open ended questions and choosing the right place to talk.

E – Engage with the person. This is about being friendly and engaging and using inviting body language

L – Listen to the person. Be relaxed and show that you are listening by nodding appropriately, and asking open ended questions that will give you more of the story.

L – Learn about the person. Let the person know you have listened by repeating back what you have heard them say. Ask if they are aware of supports available and have that information to hand. Example of supports include Self Help Groups like AWARE, GROW, SHINE, their Family Resource Centres, GP etc. Find details on local supports by going to www.yourmentalhealth.ie.

O – Ongoing support. Check back in with the person and see how they are getting on.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Why not take time out today and when you ask them " how are you" listen to their reply xx

By *olverineMan  over a year ago

ennis

Sometimes hallo falls on deaf ears..

By *exesrangerMan  over a year ago

clonakilty

I'm good thanks, how are you?

By *oe Cool xxxMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

On this site Deffo lol

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

"Why not take time out today and when you ask them " how are you" listen to their reply xx"

Sounds like a great idea - but how many creeps will you attract and how many of those could one deal with before searching for the escape door ?

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

I think it's not so much about making an effort with everyone but don't be so closed off, people can surprise you in good ways

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't like to be be cynical but when I see the likes of these campaigns I bawk at the thoughts of them, they have good intentions yes but in my opinion it's only window dressing, it doesn't address real problems

By *onster-ManMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"I don't like to be be cynical"

Sorry to see your profile got hacked, hope you get it back soon.

Well that went down well, I meant it more in life outside fab.

Sometimes taking time to ask a person how they are could be the one thing that keeps them going today

By *m316.3Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Sometimes asking if someone is OK is all they want

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I always ask people how are you,even if I don’t know them,sure If they don’t answer that’s ok too,same in shops I’d always tell the staff to enjoy their day it’s the least I think I can do after all they give up their day and some might say it’s their job and yes it is but it costs nothing to be nice

» Add a new message to this topic