FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Verifications and Profile pic

Verifications and Profile pic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elSam OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cork

We’ve decided to block any profiles which don’t have a profile photo, verifications and have been on Fab for 6 months without reply. Sam has even decided to block them if they view our profile. We’re just sick to death of the “how r u” and “what u in 2” messages from these profiles. Are we being harsh or unreasonable? We just think that all these profiles are fake.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

You do fab the way you want to....whatever works for you...do it

By *j TruckerMan  over a year ago

monaghan

There are a lot of messers on here and a lot of keyboard Warriors

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"We’ve decided to block any profiles which don’t have a profile photo, verifications and have been on Fab for 6 months without reply. Sam has even decided to block them if they view our profile. We’re just sick to death of the “how r u” and “what u in 2” messages from these profiles. Are we being harsh or unreasonable? We just think that all these profiles are fake. "

I doubt there all fake . Remember everyone had to start somewhere. Its entirely cool to take an approach that suits ye both . It seems like you may feel its a lil harsh yourself ?

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

You run your profile as ye see fit nothing harsh if that's how you feel....

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I can understand the no profile pic part but it's not easy for single men to get a verification within 6 months. Some are here for much longer than that before getting their first.

I wouldn't class them all as fakes though.

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

You run your profile however you want to. If it works for you all the better. If it don't change it simples.

Cork

"You do fab the way you want to....whatever works for you...do it"

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

You can filter out profiles with no public pics or veris, same with newbies, safes you a lot of blocking, they can't even contact you in the first place.

No point in developing fomo over it. Besides you can change your settings at any time and/or you've the option to contact a profile that catches your eye but didn't pass your filters.

Cork

"There are a lot of messers on here and a lot of keyboard Warriors "

That’s was our thinking too

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

As above ,do it your way.We can totally understand where you're coming from ,the most important thing is you don't need anyones permission to run your profile as you see fit .

By *anillabelliniCouple  over a year ago

limerick

Ditto to all the other comments, you do you. And yes the amount of dead end chats and messages are torture, so much time wasting

Cork

"We’ve decided to block any profiles which don’t have a profile photo, verifications and have been on Fab for 6 months without reply. Sam has even decided to block them if they view our profile. We’re just sick to death of the “how r u” and “what u in 2” messages from these profiles. Are we being harsh or unreasonable? We just think that all these profiles are fake.

I doubt there all fake . Remember everyone had to start somewhere. Its entirely cool to take an approach that suits ye both . It seems like you may feel its a lil harsh yourself ? "

That’s true, but our rational is, if they couldn’t be bothered taking the time to even put up a photo how considerate are they gonna be in the bedroom.

Cork

"You run your profile as ye see fit nothing harsh if that's how you feel...."

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Run your profile as you see fit.

Nothing about those profiles screams fake to me but that's irrelevant...whatever works for you

Cork

"I can understand the no profile pic part but it's not easy for single men to get a verification within 6 months. Some are here for much longer than that before getting their first.

I wouldn't class them all as fakes though. "

We’re not actually looking for single males. They are all couples profiles ( or apparently so).

Cork

"You run your profile however you want to. If it works for you all the better. If it don't change it simples. "

Cork

"Run your profile as you see fit.

Nothing about those profiles screams fake to me but that's irrelevant...whatever works for you"

Cork

"You can filter out profiles with no public pics or veris, same with newbies, safes you a lot of blocking, they can't even contact you in the first place.

No point in developing fomo over it. Besides you can change your settings at any time and/or you've the option to contact a profile that catches your eye but didn't pass your filters.

"

We’d only block if all 3 criteria are present. Totally get that it can be difficult to get verified and some people don’t feel comfortable with posting photos. That’s all cool. We were in that position initially too.

If we used the filters we’d be blocking everyone that isn’t verified or no photos which would be a bit harsh for us.

Cork

"As above ,do it your way.We can totally understand where you're coming from ,the most important thing is you don't need anyones permission to run your profile as you see fit ."

Cork

"Ditto to all the other comments, you do you. And yes the amount of dead end chats and messages are torture, so much time wasting "

By *rish_GuyMan  over a year ago

Foxford

Ye run ye're profile, who ye like. Ya, it's funny alright that profiles don't have profile pics or any verifications(sometime's) on them. Not even photo verified, even after being a year or more on here. You'd wonder if it's a real profile at all. These type of profiles, can mess thing's up for genuine profiles, especially single guy's once anyway.

Ye're not looking for single guy's, so imagine the trouble ye'd have if ye were looking for them. It's not easy for every single guy to get verified within 6 month's, like it was said earlier.

(On a different note)

Alot of single guy's that send them type of messages do it to help break the ice mainly, they don't know what exactly they should say, as they don't want to be pushy or anything like that. As there's enough pushy, head wrecking guy's, profiles on here. They're just trying to be themselves, surprisingly.

Just a tip for ye, ye do say in ye're bio ("Just say hi"), this might have something to do with it aswell.

The profiles that ye block are ye going to interact with them on the forum here?

Anyway's run ye're profile the way ye want to, other's mightn't like it. But we'll have (aseptic).

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Do whatever you want.I don't see how it harsh on anyone. I have most of those you mentioned blocked with my filters anyhow. When I am meeting new people I tend to search myself anyhow and look for profiles that appeal to me rather than wait for them to message me first. But that's just how I do fab

By *appyhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"We’ve decided to block any profiles which don’t have a profile photo, verifications and have been on Fab for 6 months without reply. Sam has even decided to block them if they view our profile. We’re just sick to death of the “how r u” and “what u in 2” messages from these profiles. Are we being harsh or unreasonable? We just think that all these profiles are fake. "

That’s not harsh at all,

It’s your profile.

We started to do the same,

Kept getting the same message from multiple blank profiles.

So we’ve been using the block button quite a bit too.

By *ildarekinkstersCouple  over a year ago

kinkytown

I don't think it's harsh. If it saves your time being wasted and it's not what your looking for we can see the point. Much better then constantly telling people you aren't interested. Your profile so you can do as you please as long as it doesn't break fabs rules.

By *orkGuyFunGuyMan  over a year ago

Cork

I do the same at this stage there’s a lot of guys pretending to be women or couples, would turn you off the site really.

I wouldn’t talk to someone who wasn’t verified

And cannot stand one liners

By *itemeagainMan  over a year ago

Wexford

"We’ve decided to block any profiles which don’t have a profile photo, verifications and have been on Fab for 6 months without reply. Sam has even decided to block them if they view our profile. We’re just sick to death of the “how r u” and “what u in 2” messages from these profiles. Are we being harsh or unreasonable? We just think that all these profiles are fake.

I doubt there all fake . Remember everyone had to start somewhere. Its entirely cool to take an approach that suits ye both . It seems like you may feel its a lil harsh yourself ?

That’s true, but our rational is, if they couldn’t be bothered taking the time to even put up a photo how considerate are they gonna be in the bedroom. "

Ahha ... I can understand your thinking.

By *1CorkCouple  over a year ago

Cork

What’s the difference between a couples’ profile (looking to meet couples for straight or bisexual swap) with no public pics of the male, and a profile with no pics at all???

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Nope you're not, it helps to create your own platform on the site

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Not harsh at all. Block who you wanna. I don't think all those people are necessarily fake though. People use the site in different ways and none of them are the only right way.

By *oe Cool xxxMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

A bit harsh , people are busy and some aren’t great at opening lines so just say hi “how are you just like in the real world “

You Could be missing out on someone sound.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

A bit harsh , people are busy and some aren’t great at opening lines so just say hi “how are you just like in the real world “

You Could be missing out on someone sound. "

There's millions of sound people on here ....have to sort them out somehow

By *oe Cool xxxMan  over a year ago

South Dublin

There's millions of sound people on here ....have to sort them out somehow "

Each to their own !!!

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

It's your profile do what you want with it

Cork

"Ye run ye're profile, who ye like. Ya, it's funny alright that profiles don't have profile pics or any verifications(sometime's) on them. Not even photo verified, even after being a year or more on here. You'd wonder if it's a real profile at all. These type of profiles, can mess thing's up for genuine profiles, especially single guy's once anyway.

Ye're not looking for single guy's, so imagine the trouble ye'd have if ye were looking for them. It's not easy for every single guy to get verified within 6 month's, like it was said earlier.

(On a different note)

Alot of single guy's that send them type of messages do it to help break the ice mainly, they don't know what exactly they should say, as they don't want to be pushy or anything like that. As there's enough pushy, head wrecking guy's, profiles on here. They're just trying to be themselves, surprisingly.

Just a tip for ye, ye do say in ye're bio ("Just say hi"), this might have something to do with it aswell.

The profiles that ye block are ye going to interact with them on the forum here?

Anyway's run ye're profile the way ye want to, other's mightn't like it. But we'll have (aseptic). "

That very true. We do have that on our profile so either remove or rethink our attitude.

Cork

"Do whatever you want.I don't see how it harsh on anyone. I have most of those you mentioned blocked with my filters anyhow. When I am meeting new people I tend to search myself anyhow and look for profiles that appeal to me rather than wait for them to message me first. But that's just how I do fab "

Thanks Bo, and you do fab so well

Cork

That’s not harsh at all,

It’s your profile.

We started to do the same,

Kept getting the same message from multiple blank profiles.

So we’ve been using the block button quite a bit too.

"

Cork

"I don't think it's harsh. If it saves your time being wasted and it's not what your looking for we can see the point. Much better then constantly telling people you aren't interested. Your profile so you can do as you please as long as it doesn't break fabs rules. "

thanks guys

Cork

"I do the same at this stage there’s a lot of guys pretending to be women or couples, would turn you off the site really.

I wouldn’t talk to someone who wasn’t verified

And cannot stand one liners"

By *OCONO5Couple  over a year ago

Sensual Center

Each to their own on here ...what ever makes it work for you

Don't be a sheep

Our opinion

Cork

"What’s the difference between a couples’ profile (looking to meet couples for straight or bisexual swap) with no public pics of the male, and a profile with no pics at all???"

Just to be clear, we are taking about all 3 factors (not verified, no pics and over 6 months on the site). We wouldn’t block anyone for just one or even 2of these factors. We’d obviously also block if people made disparaging assumptions about us without ever engaging with us.

Although we take your pint onboard but we believe there is a difference. Also there are pics of Sam in our friends gallery. Sam has some very individual body art so it would make him easily identifiable and we prefer our anonymity. In saying that we are very open in our description of Sam body as per our profile. He ain’t no oil painting but claims his personality shines through??????

Cork

Nope you're not, it helps to create your own platform on the site "

Cork

"Not harsh at all. Block who you wanna. I don't think all those people are necessarily fake though. People use the site in different ways and none of them are the only right way."

Cheers

Cork

There's millions of sound people on here ....have to sort them out somehow

Each to their own !!!"

Oh if there’s million probably better of filtering some, doubt if we could get through them all. Although could be interesting trying

Cork

"It's your profile do what you want with it "

By *ildGroverMan  over a year ago

rathfarnham

Most of the fake profiles are female

Most of the time wasters are probably male but I’ve personally experienced that from female and couple profiles

There’s more fluff than content

You just have to figure out how to get the most (or anything) out of it

Cork

"Each to their own on here ...what ever makes it work for you

Don't be a sheep

Our opinion "

Can we shag like sheep, or is that bunnies?

Thanks guys

Cork

"Most of the fake profiles are female

Most of the time wasters are probably male but I’ve personally experienced that from female and couple profiles

There’s more fluff than content

You just have to figure out how to get the most (or anything) out of it"

Thanks Grover.

By *ex0x28Man  over a year ago

the middle

I apologize if this comes across as rude, but I don't quite understand why the need to announce to everyone what you are doing...But it's your profile to do with as you please

Cork

"I apologize if this comes across as rude, but I don't quite understand why the need to announce to everyone what you are doing...But it's your profile to do with as you please "

Not taken as rude at all Hex. Suppose we were just looking for other peoples take on it. Thanks

By *edlovebirdsCouple  over a year ago

Wexford , Kilkenny, Waterford

At least a part of the couple have made themselves public. Also DelSam mentioned other criteria for blocking which includes verification.

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Don’t see the need to explain your reasons for using the block button tbh .

Cork

"At least a part of the couple have made themselves public. Also DelSam mentioned other criteria for blocking which includes verification. "

cheers

Cork

"Don’t see the need to explain your reasons for using the block button tbh ."

Fair enough.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do it yer way it’s not anybody else’s business

By *on Juan the MADridMan  over a year ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

Newbies with no pics and no verifications… I keep away

By *rish_GuyMan  over a year ago

Foxford

"Ye run ye're profile, who ye like. Ya, it's funny alright that profiles don't have profile pics or any verifications(sometime's) on them. Not even photo verified, even after being a year or more on here. You'd wonder if it's a real profile at all. These type of profiles, can mess thing's up for genuine profiles, especially single guy's once anyway.

(On a different note)

Anyway's run ye're profile the way ye want to, other's mightn't like it. But we'll have (aseptic).

That very true. We do have that on our profile so either remove or rethink our attitude. "

That was meant to say "How ye like it ".

Ya, rethink & explain more what ye want or don't want to do with that part.

Going by the profile pic, if were to meet at a social. I'm thinking I'd need to take a leaf out of Joey's handbook "How are you doing"?

;-)

Don't worry ye're VERY SAFE from me saying or doing anything to you/ye.

Once again run ye're profile how ye are/want to run it's. It's nothing got to do with anybody else really.

By *oobyBop4funWoman 45 weeks ago

North West & East

I think if someone has actually met someone -The option to hide verification should be removed by admin - Hide the rest cam etc but if theyre genuine surely its proof theyre safe (Only saying especially these days)

By *ealitybitesMan 45 weeks ago

Belfast

"I think if someone has actually met someone -The option to hide verification should be removed by admin - Hide the rest cam etc but if theyre genuine surely its proof theyre safe (Only saying especially these days)

"

It definitely doesn't mean they are safe. Many people including me have spoken on here about verifying someone and their subsequent behaviour has shown them to be anything but safe or discreet or even a nice person.

The option to hide should never be removed.

By *ustBoWoman 45 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I think if someone has actually met someone -The option to hide verification should be removed by admin - Hide the rest cam etc but if theyre genuine surely its proof theyre safe (Only saying especially these days)

"

Veris definitely don't mean someone is safe. The scariest meet I had off here was someone who had two glowing veris saying how lovely he was.So I definitely wouldn't be relying on veris as a way to guage safety.

Who I have met or meet is my business and I want to option to either show or hide those for my own reasons.

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

"

Eh, nope, some of the biggest nutters here have glowing veris, especially if they happen to own a vagina

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

Anyway, OP, who you decide to talk to is entirely your own business, you don't need to apologise for any of your filtering choices.

By *ealitybitesMan 45 weeks ago

Belfast

Eh, nope, some of the biggest nutters here have glowing veris, especially if they happen to own a vagina"

Glowing vaginas are so last year.

By *exesrangerMan 45 weeks ago

city

Aww shucks this is a real dilemma now. See now I want to check out your profile and have a wee look but then I don't want to get blocked.

What to do ...what to do ?

I think I'm just gonna flip a coin and accept the outcome

By *ig swingerMan 45 weeks ago

dublin

I agree with the majority..run your profile as you see fit.

I’m not verified yet as I’ve a very busy life outside fab and haven’t been able to put in the effort as much as I’d like to. At this rate I’ll be rocking up to my first social meet on a mobility scooter or zimmer frame!

By *ouls105Man 45 weeks ago

Foxford

But to be fair how do you think a person is supposed to open up lines of communication to be fair most conversations start with hello and built on that

» Add a new message to this topic