FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Dressing for your age

Dressing for your age

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman  over a year ago

Tír na nÓg

Just watching TV and "how to look 10 years younger" and wondered are you someone who dresses for your age?

Do you care what people think?

Are you a fashionista!?

Comfy clothes to the fore?

Do you think certain clothes make you feel differently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adger BrocMan  over a year ago

Co. Cork

Yes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We pretty much both dress in clothes we like and to hell with anyone who thinks we're too old for what we wear

I'd say we both err on the side of casual/smart casual. I hate being trussed up in fancy clothes and my outfits are built round "can I wear this with trainers or chunky boots" I don't own a single pair of heels unsurprisingly. Overall we probably dress younger than our ages

I still dress how I did 30 years ago

Live in skinny jeans and T shirts

Growing old disgracefully

By *rish_GuyMan  over a year ago

Foxford

No, I don't care what other's think about what I'm wearing. Weather it's going out for a night or at day time's activities.

No I'm not into fashion, so to speak.

The other's YES

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've no idea what I'm supposed to wear for my age so I wear what I like and what I think looks good on me.

I've never followed fashion either in clothes or anything else and don't do brands or spend big on clothes.

The only clothes worth spending money on are good waterproofs.

I wear Primark and Lidl with a hint of Decathlon.

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Birmingham

Totally casual all the time - t-shirt/shirt occasionally, jeans, smart runner/sneaker type footwear.

I can actually sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable in anything too dressy/formal wear. Suits/formal shoes just aren't me... they get thrown on strictly for weddings or other such occasions...

By *ust M.A.IMan  over a year ago

Mullingar

High tops, jeans, hoodies, baggy shirts and caps and varsity jackets most of the time ...

If I go to a social I'll wear something more casual, have to look decent sometimes lol

Skinny jeans runner's t-shirt other times gym gear if I was going out skinny jeans boots or heels and a dressy top odd occasion a dress or skirt with nice top

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Birmingham

I'll just add in that I had a new found appreciation for the total comfort of trackie bottoms around the house over lockdowns and they are essential work-from-home wear...

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

Jeans (vintage), runners, or my one pair of very smart shoes, loads of wellies and outdoor boots and clothes. Im usually seen in overalls and boots. But, yes, I can tog out if needs be.

Shorts T-shirt and trainers from April to December, no better feeling than getting your legs out after the winter, probably not age appropriate but who cares

"Just watching TV and "how to look 10 years younger" and wondered are you someone who dresses for your age?

Do you care what people think?

Are you a fashionista!?

Comfy clothes to the fore?

Do you think certain clothes make you feel differently?

"

I would say I have my own style. And also mood depending I change styles.

Due to my job I definitely think I dress younger then most ppl my age and hope I get away with it still lol

I hate trends so just do what I feel like

Miss tattoo

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

I'm usually dressed for the depths of winter and seeing people out in shorts and t-shirt any time of year makes me feel cold

When I go out and decide to wear a dress, or anything I can't wear a fleece or hoodie with, I get seriously stressed!!!

Bring on global warming

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I was fashionable in the the 90s so why change!

By *eart-shaped-foxMan  over a year ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

Jeans and a shirt, shorts these days. I had a serious grunge phase loooong after I should so anything else is an improvement. Still love the music

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

Dress for yourself and what makes you feel good. Age is just a number

By *apri 555Man  over a year ago

wexford or Dublin

During the week im in overalls and work clothes most of the time so at the wkend i like to put on a nice shirt and jeans and shoes going out ,,sunday morning its back to the work clothes,as said above i not sure how im suposed to dress for my age its what makes me feel good , great topic op

By *ack RMan  over a year ago

galway

Dress???

Used to always own a leather jacket and denim jacket in the 90's. I wouldn't wear either now.

Though that's really a preference not an age thing.

The rest pretty much the same

By *adhatter and coCouple  over a year ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

"Dress for yourself and what makes you feel good. Age is just a number "
well I totally agree with you there,as I have got older I dress wilder, and wilder, lol. I don't giv a fuk what anyone thinks of me. Was in Belfast last weekend at at m and g and the cars was flashing and hooting at us.. great to be alive

"Dress for yourself and what makes you feel good. Age is just a number well I totally agree with you there,as I have got older I dress wilder, and wilder, lol. I don't giv a fuk what anyone thinks of me. Was in Belfast last weekend at at m and g and the cars was flashing and hooting at us.. great to be alive"

I have to ask

Mr or Mrs

Or both?

Foxford

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 22:52:12]

By *edro50Man  over a year ago

enniskillen

I have to say because I was extremely obese I had to dress older than my age because I couldn't buy off the peg!now I've lost twelve inches around my waist but still obese but I can buy off the peg I find myself buying alot more casual wear and jeans and not wearing trousers and suits as much!

Well kinda both.. lol. But mad here now. Mrs hatt also discovering her fashion freedom too. Lol

Foxford

"Dress for yourself and what makes you feel good. Age is just a number well I totally agree with you there,as I have got older I dress wilder, and wilder, lol. I don't giv a fuk what anyone thinks of me. Was in Belfast last weekend at at m and g and the cars was flashing and hooting at us.. great to be alive"

I though flashing the lights was to warn people about the boy's in Blue?

I guess not going by the sound's of this.

Stupid me & phone the last time

enniskillen

"Well kinda both.. lol. But mad here now. Mrs hatt also discovering her fashion freedom too. Lol"

Seeing your good lady I can understand why the cars in Belfast where honking their horns she's stunning!

"Well kinda both.. lol. But mad here now. Mrs hatt also discovering her fashion freedom too. Lol

Seeing your good lady I can understand why the cars in Belfast where honking their horns she's stunning!"

they were honking at meeee. Lol lol lol

By *ady AphroditeWoman  over a year ago

Letterkenny, Derry

I was told I was too old to wear short t shirts that show off my mid drift so I wear them all the time now

"Dress for yourself and what makes you feel good. Age is just a number well I totally agree with you there,as I have got older I dress wilder, and wilder, lol. I don't giv a fuk what anyone thinks of me. Was in Belfast last weekend at at m and g and the cars was flashing and hooting at us.. great to be alive

Stupid me & phone the last time "

howya neighbour

"I was told I was too old to wear short t shirts that show off my mid drift so I wear them all the time now"
and so you should.. shun the jealous people. Lol

enniskillen

"Well kinda both.. lol. But mad here now. Mrs hatt also discovering her fashion freedom too. Lol

Seeing your good lady I can understand why the cars in Belfast where honking their horns she's stunning!they were honking at meeee. Lol lol lol"

As in himself I'm at a loss! well as they say up here keep her lit!lol

Foxford

"Dress for yourself and what makes you feel good. Age is just a number well I totally agree with you there,as I have got older I dress wilder, and wilder, lol. I don't giv a fuk what anyone thinks of me. Was in Belfast last weekend at at m and g and the cars was flashing and hooting at us.. great to be alive

Stupid me & phone the last time howya neighbour"

Howya Neighbour's

enniskillen

"I was told I was too old to wear short t shirts that show off my mid drift so I wear them all the time now"

Feckin hell you have a body to show off short skirts and mid drifts more please!

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 23:07:32]

Foxford

The cheek of some people. Good for you & rightly so, that your wearing them all of the time now.

My son asked was I getting my hair cut now than I'm 40 .. No Your Mamma still has it lol .. not

By *astello OP   Woman  over a year ago

Tír na nÓg

Thanks everyone for the replies. Hugely varied responses. But overall, "take me as I am attitude" . Bravo.

An addendum to this. As dressing up seems to be a big part of fab life for socials, events, photos etc. Does this impact on how you feel about yourself i.e lingerie, masked balls, fancy dress, etc.

enniskillen

"My son asked was I getting my hair cut now than I'm 40 .. No Your Mamma still has it lol .. not "

You still got it Lou and I do love seeing you flaunt it xxxx

Foxford

"My son asked was I getting my hair cut now than I'm 40 .. No Your Mamma still has it lol .. not "

The Joy's of having kids in your life(Whatever age they are)

enniskillen

Ok for me I take pics for here because I have to I never have felt sexy in my life so clothed or not I have never had the fab feeling!I hope that answers what I think your asking!

"Thanks everyone for the replies. Hugely varied responses. But overall, "take me as I am attitude" . Bravo.

An addendum to this. As dressing up seems to be a big part of fab life for socials, events, photos etc. Does this impact on how you feel about yourself i.e lingerie, masked balls, fancy dress, etc.

"

Same as take me as I am , I don't lacey stuff can't afford it .. that's the truth,

".

Same as take me as I am ,... "

Gladly

enniskillen

Lou you need a sexy shopping trip ??

Foxford

"Thanks everyone for the replies. Hugely varied responses. But overall, "take me as I am attitude" . Bravo.

"

Personally I can't really answer this question about Fab socials(yet). All I can say is that I'm not very big into dressing up, as in suited & booted. Apart from a wedding or some other special events. I might be able to answer later in the year, sometime.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Normally, I dress whatever way I please, which is NOT conventional, because I do not now have to adjust to a social convention, on a daily basis.

However, and it's a major however, on meets with friends and in a social setting where a particular form of attire is expected I always conform to the norm. Otherwise, you risk ostracising yourself.

Individuality is to be encouraged and welcomed, but not on all occasions!

Foxford

"Ok for me I take pics for here because I have to I never have felt sexy in my life so clothed or not I have never had the fab feeling!I hope that answers what I think your asking!"

O God. I'm 100% like this aswell. The thoughs of someone thinking I'm sexy or look's sexy FREAKS me out BIG TIME

Goodnight all x

Foxford

"Goodnight all x "

Don't go, Don't leave us Now, now.

Good night Lou, sleep well. Don't let the bed bugs bit.

I must call it a night aswell meself. So I'll say good night to everybody aswell now.

enniskillen

Night Lou xxx

enniskillen

Night Irish

» Add a new message to this topic