FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fab reflections

Fab reflections

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *affa31 OP   Woman 46 weeks ago

Galway

I first joined a swing site at 21 and I have been on and off ever since, my levels of activity ebbing and flowing around relationships and apathy.

It has dawned on me over the last while that, because I essentially grew up on swing sites, spending some of my most formative years on them, my norm when it comes to a lot of things, particularly where sex/kink etc is concerned, is a lot different to most others my age. Threesomes, gangbangs, orgies, sex parties etc etc are all very normal things to me and I find it very easy to chat about them, without feeling any stigma or shame.

It’s taken me a while to come to terms with how conservative some sexually liberated people can be…it still doesn’t make a lot of sense to me (in the same way that scientists being very religious makes no sense to me) but I’m sure we’ve all seen it in different forms around here, even verging on through and through bigotry.

Despite some of the negatives and toxicity around here, there have been many benefits for me.

I’m not sure I would be at the level of body confidence that I’m at if it wasn’t for the reminder that some find me attractive on here, even while general society tries to tell me my body is bad and a before.

I used to be terrible at making conversation with strangers and in groups and I think that has really improved through socials etc.

I think I would feel more pressure to be in an conventional relationship and settled down if I wasn’t on here. I’ve realised that monogamy is probably not for me and that’s ok.

I definitely wouldn’t have had the memorable escapades I’ve had over the years

Above all, I’ve met some of the best people on here that I would never have met in “normal” life. I’m currently sitting by a beach, blowing away the cobwebs after a weekend away with some of my fav fab friends and very thankful that this mad place brought us together.

Does anyone want to add their own musings? Has fab changed the way you see some things, your tolerance for things, your thoughts about yourself and your own body?

Sure what else would you be doing on a Sunday night

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ol_ieMan 46 weeks ago

Dublin west

I'm saving it for the book that I will eventually write..

God its changed so much from back pages of hot press and in Dublin and you had to be in the know to k ow what's going on..

Seen some weird and wonderful sights.. met some fantastic people who I can still call friends many years later...

Met some real head melts and assholes also but they helped me develop my total avoidance strategies around drama magnets.

So now I have zero expectations about anything and just see what will happen.. and if nothing happens that's ok.

Happy enough now inside my own head and on my own so I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything even if I am..

Have seen websites come and go...profiles come and go and couples come and go.

Wonders where it will all be in another 30 years

By *affa31 OP   Woman 46 weeks ago

Galway

"I'm saving it for the book that I will eventually write..

God its changed so much from back pages of hot press and in Dublin and you had to be in the know to k ow what's going on..

Seen some weird and wonderful sights.. met some fantastic people who I can still call friends many years later...

Met some real head melts and assholes also but they helped me develop my total avoidance strategies around drama magnets.

So now I have zero expectations about anything and just see what will happen.. and if nothing happens that's ok.

Happy enough now inside my own head and on my own so I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything even if I am..

Have seen websites come and go...profiles come and go and couples come and go.

Wonders where it will all be in another 30 years"

Probably with people still dredging up forum posts from a year ago

By *ealitybitesMan 46 weeks ago

Belfast

Your experiences are entirely alien to me.

Circumstances meant I didn't have my first sexual experience until my mid 20s and even then it was as vanilla and conservative as could be. There were no opportunities to explore anything beyond that.

It literally took decades for me to find myself and my voice and that eventually happened within a short space of time just before turning 50 due to personal loss and other events.

When I joined here aged 52 it was simply because I had a couple of new experiences in those 2 years and I wanted more.

Being here hasn't changed the way I look at myself at all because that was resolved before joining but it was supposed to be a reaffirming experience.

There have been good times and some not so good and I've met some amazing people and some deluded and dysfunctional people.

The last couple of years have almost completely destroyed my mojo and taken away any motivation I've had to explore different scenarios but at the same time I've made a lifelong friend on a similar journey.

There are many here who are half my age with twice as much sexual and swinging experience but I'm no longer able to make up for lost time.

I've never discussed my sex life with anyone outside of fab so I've honestly no idea where I am on the conservative spectrum in comparison to others in my circle.

By *ornywife20Couple 46 weeks ago

North Cork

It has improved my confidence since we joined too I am lucky that my wife is stunning I am punching well above my weight there

Fab has helped to realise that there are people who like ever type person on fab you don't have to be a model to have fun

and not all people judge you solely on your appearance.

By *llthewaysMan 46 weeks ago

Somewhere

Fab to me has always been a good example of the study of humanity. It comes down to non swing life and all, basically it takes all sorts.

My confidence is fine since I have had some very memorable meetings with people over the five or six accounts I've had.

By *astelloWoman 46 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I've only been here for over a year, so I guess it's an a revelation for me. Like most things I approach with due diligence, I started my research on various books on female sexuality and fantasy, to listening to podcasts to arriving here. Has it changed my thoughts, absolutely, but society has also changed and there has been a paradigm shift in cultural attitudes too.

And yet, would I tell my non fab friends I'm here. No.

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

I’m relatively new to Fab having only joined in recent months. I lived in London for a number of years in the 80s and 90s and again recently commuted there for work commitments I have to admit that I did find it much easier to meet people for sexual encounters there than I have experienced here at home. I’m obviously getting a bit older now and guys my age aren’t as much sought after as I would like but hey ho there are still sexy mature ladies out there as I have discovered only very recently. I’ll keep my iron in the fire so to speak and enjoy the great summer as naked as often !! Oh and a word of advice to all you nudie Fabbers “ wear sun screen

By *adger BrocMan 46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

On here less than a year having been told about the site by an ex fabber.

It was a bit daunting in the beginning but once I met my "Fab angel" through the help a newbie get verified posting it changed into a much more pleasurable and fun filled experience. I have enjoyed interacting on the forums where I have gelled with some that I continue to chat with and a few that I meet with regularly and irritated others who have blocked me for their own particular reasons.

Apart from a level of openness around the discussion of matters relating to sex I find the Fab dynamic to very much mirror main stream life where there are genuinely decent people, self-serving egotistical individuals, some vulnerable but caring souls and every other kind of human character that go to make up this crazy world.

By virtue of my age and resulting life experience I am happy to navigate my journey on here knowing that there is nothing that Fab can throw at me that I haven't already experienced many times over in the big bad old world we call life.

To those that have been kind and helpful to me on my Fab odyssey, a thousand thanks for enriching this part of my life. To those I have yet to connect with I hope we can interact positively at some stage. To those that I would like to engage with but who choose not to engage with me that is entirely your decision and I trust that my loss may in some way be your gain.

To everyone on here, stay positive, stay safe, remember perseverance does pay, and Happy Fabbing.

By *og-ManMan 46 weeks ago

somewhere

Fab has opened my eyes to a world I didnt even know existed

I've had some great nights at socials ,made some good friends,attended some really fun parties and had some great sex...

Bought a lot of Donuts too

By *ustchillCouple 46 weeks ago

Fuerteventura Spain, Southport UK, and

Very well written.

By *kuedMan 46 weeks ago

Derry

I didn't join fab until later in life, prob older than most in here but it still hasn't stopped me having some fun times with great people, and there's a certain level of freedom comes with it when u compare it to a 'normal' encounter....

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Just over 10 years ago, I was going through a bad time in my life and stumbled across Fab totally by accident. It has been a learning experience in many ways as I was really naive despite being married for a long time.

My time on Fab allowed me to gain back my confidence and brought some fun into my hectic life.

Overall, I have had great experiences, a few totally amazing ones too with long-term fwbs.

Life changes and Covid had a big effect on mine. I have only had 1 meet since.

I'm in a different period of my life now, and I'm not sure if Fab is part of it anymore, time will tell.

» Add a new message to this topic