FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Social event

Social event

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    39 weeks ago

You’re at a social event, you’ve been allocated a place at a certain table and there’s someone at the same table you don’t like. They could be someone from your School days, current or former work college, a former partner or simply just someone you don’t like.

The event could be either a wedding, birthday party or a fab social event what do you do? Do you say anything to the person or try to get moved to a different table?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustBoWoman 39 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I act like an adult and would be polite but not seeking out to chat to them.

I don't understand saying something to them which could cause a scene or asking to move tables. People should be adult enough to know how to conduct themselves in public even with people they don't like.

By *electableicecreamMan 39 weeks ago

The West

I'd start throwing cubes of sugar across the table to see if I could get it to land in their coffee.

By *ifestyleMan 39 weeks ago

Strabane & Dublin

Say hi and then forget they are even there and get on with the event

By *rish_GuyMan 39 weeks ago

Foxford

If they speak to me, I'll speak back to them. As long as it's adult like chat, as we're suppose to be all adults afterall. If it's not, I wouldn't speak back to them. Otherwise I'll get on with my time there & do my own thing. They can do there own thing aswell.

It mightn't be an easything to do alright. It wouldn't be worth the effort to interact with them apart from that, to me Anyway's.

By (user no longer on site) 39 weeks ago

Be polite and enjoy my night with my friends

I'd shoot death ray stares across the table

Nah, I'd largely ignore them & pass myself if necessary

By *entlemuleMan 39 weeks ago

all over Tipperary and the Midlands

"You’re at a social event, you’ve been allocated a place at a certain table and there’s someone at the same table you don’t like. They could be someone from your School days, current or former work college, a former partner or simply just someone you don’t like.

The event could be either a wedding, birthday party or a fab social event what do you do? Do you say anything to the person or try to get moved to a different table? "

Just be civil to them but don't engage with them. Why tell the organiser and create a scene?

By *otass and scorpioCouple 39 weeks ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

"You’re at a social event, you’ve been allocated a place at a certain table and there’s someone at the same table you don’t like. They could be someone from your School days, current or former work college, a former partner or simply just someone you don’t like.

The event could be either a wedding, birthday party or a fab social event what do you do? Do you say anything to the person or try to get moved to a different table?

Just be civil to them but don't engage with them. Why tell the organiser and create a scene? "

just go along to get along …. No need for a scene or drama , be civil and move on

Sometimes the hardest thing to wear, is a smile. This advice is tailor made for such a situation.

Thus, I wouldnt let them annoy me. I would remain adult at all times and behave in a manner that respects the people who invited me in the first place. Told you all how decent a spud I am!

Just deal and be polite. Only way to go!

By * la carteCouple 39 weeks ago

Dublin

FFS people - where's the drama?! I NEED drama - I'll drop the salt shaker in their food considering Delectable has sweetened their coffee already throwing lumps of sugar (what a waste!!!). I mean someone has to get the entertainment going

The West

I'd also suggest coughing really loudly every time they start a sentence then then saying 'oh excuse me please carry on'.

By *oe Cool xxxMan 39 weeks ago

South Dublin

Been there , ignore them , if they say hi say hi back and get on with ur conversations with others.

By *adger BrocMan 39 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Be polite and just say hi.

If they freeze you out theres nothing you can do about it.

How about if someone at your table acted too forcefully and made unwanted sexual advances at a previous event? Would you still stay at the table or even at the event?

"Be polite and just say hi.

If they freeze you out theres nothing you can do about it. "

Surely you could give them TB

If it's a fab meet there could be really interesting revenge sex

if it's a wedding there are plenty of places to hide. I'd just play cool and get along

By *WEETESTSTRAWBERRYFOR1Woman 39 weeks ago

Clare

Them type of events are only as awkward as u let them be. Ye are all adults. Move tables if you feel that uncomfortable or feel a situation could arise after a few drink s .

The West

Dominate the conversation by telling really long anecdotes that go nowhere and try to get the person who hates you as involved as possible.

By *ndqtMan 39 weeks ago

The Wild West

Enjoy the company of the others at the table, be polite but brief in exchanges and after they order, intercept the waiting staff and tell them that person actually changed their mind and now wants the lobster for the main...

» Add a new message to this topic