FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Our wonderful dogs

Our wonderful dogs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oman Stringer OP   Man 36 weeks ago

Sallynoggin

Dogs are a huge part of my life and also for many others. Sadly, pictures not permitted here. So, in a long or short sentence, describe yours and/or what they mean to you. I'll start:

My little guy was found dumped in a bin and in bad condition. Have him since he was 5 weeks old. Almost 4 now. Lab/lurcher mix and a jolly little fucker full of character. Came at a great time for me and have an almost father/son bond with the little champ. Always makes me laugh and seems to read my mood

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

Man's best friend...and women have told me also that they're theirs too ... totally unconditional & reliable, they give back 100% more all the time.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 36 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Our Basset Hound is the life and soul of our house. Wouldn't be without her.

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman 36 weeks ago

Cork

My boy is absolutely ruined but is the best dog in the land

Always good for the snuggles and unconditional love.

I think a dog completes a home but losing them is just so so hard.

By *og-ManMan 36 weeks ago

somewhere

For years I was the fecker that wouldn't allow dogs in the house

Things changed, and we got 2 that sadly died after 6 years so got another one a few months later

It didn't seen right in the house with just one so rescued one from a puppy farm a few months ago

Difficult at first but love the bones off the 2 of them but especially the little fella

When I go away I actually miss the dogs

By *ergalMan 36 weeks ago

Wandering between the city and East Cork

Love dogs, grew up with them all my life. They rule the house and I know my place in the pecking order!! Last

By *ustBoWoman 36 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I love my dogs they bring a smile to my face everyday. They are such characters and I'd be lost without them.

By *amsevenMan 36 weeks ago

cork

My best bud was a golden retriever. He was my best friend for 10 years. He made life much more enjoyable. He died in my arms at 2 in the morning 12 months ago next Monday. Miss you boy

By *rmrs1234Couple 36 weeks ago

Waterford

We had a GS we had to put to sleep over a year ago. I think i cried for nearly a week. We still have our mastweiler and hes the laziest dog ever but hes a big teddy bear and thinks hes still a tiny puppy even though hes nearly 53kg

By *oodOmensfor2Couple 36 weeks ago

Ennis

I couldn't imagine life without our two. The big fella, Alaskan mali and GS mix, is the sweatest creature you can imagine. He's huge but thinks he's a lap dog . It still amazes me every day how he can be so smart and daft at the same time

The other one is absolutely nutters. Imagine the Duracell bunny but times two. And she makes the weirdest sounds and snores so loud the cat starts giving out. But wouldn't want to miss her. Life would be extremely boring without those two.

Sallynoggin

It's so heartwarming to read these. I can relate to all of the posts

By *rish_GuyMan 36 weeks ago

Foxford

Personally I've never owned a dog. That said I didn't grow up in a house with a dog or 2 around. I'm really glad that I did aswell. The love & joy of having 1 around is something special alright. They were terrier breed of dog's. If I even get meself a dog in the future. I'd be more likely to get this breed again. As I'd find them easier to handle & look after. The larger breeds can be more time consuming & you need fair bit of space for them aswell. Which right now I don't have. Also some of the larger breeds, have a bad name (as was talked about in another thread). I'm not saying the small breeds are saints or anything either. I'm not ruling out a larger breed of dog either, it'll be down to my circumstances, more than anything.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple 36 weeks ago

ireland

Now our kids have flown the nest ,our puppies are our babies ,sure they are the most loyal friend you could ever wish for -Woof woof

By *rish_GuyMan 36 weeks ago

Foxford

"Now our kids have flown the nest ,our puppies are our babies ,sure they are the most loyal friend you could ever wish for -Woof woof "

Ya,that's true alright. Can be so heartbreaking, when you've to say GOODBYE to them aswell.

By *thloneros38Man 36 weeks ago

athlone/roscommon

I had a german shephard since he was a pup sadly he went off 1 night to die of old age i think, he was 13yrs old a big part of the family and is sadly missed,

Iv two other dogs now that iv had from pups very playfull dogs and full of mischief

Sallynoggin

"Personally I've never owned a dog. That said I didn't grow up in a house with a dog or 2 around. I'm really glad that I did aswell. The love & joy of having 1 around is something special alright. They were terrier breed of dog's. If I even get meself a dog in the future. I'd be more likely to get this breed again. As I'd find them easier to handle & look after. The larger breeds can be more time consuming & you need fair bit of space for them aswell. Which right now I don't have. Also some of the larger breeds, have a bad name (as was talked about in another thread). I'm not saying the small breeds are saints or anything either. I'm not ruling out a larger breed of dog either, it'll be down to my circumstances, more than anything. "

When the time is right, you'll find each other, no matter what breed

By * la carteCouple 36 weeks ago

Dublin

Whippet (2 years) and a Bernese mountain dog - never again! The last 4 months of training a working dog puppy have been a nightmare - throw in one medical and behavioural issue after another!

The amount of times I have wanted to throw in the towel?!

The amount of love, patience and hard work I've put in are finally starting to pay off as she's cuddling up beside me in bed before she'll wake me in a couple of hours as she's overheating and needs out in the hall on the cool floor

By *agic mike 1983Man 36 weeks ago

dooradoyle

My two dogs are my kids,best friends rolled into one

Have a staff called Zeus

And French bulldog called yoda

By *ilthyNightsCouple 36 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Whippet (2 years) and a Bernese mountain dog - never again! The last 4 months of training a working dog puppy have been a nightmare - throw in one medical and behavioural issue after another!

The amount of times I have wanted to throw in the towel?!

The amount of love, patience and hard work I've put in are finally starting to pay off as she's cuddling up beside me in bed before she'll wake me in a couple of hours as she's overheating and needs out in the hall on the cool floor

"

I feel your pain. Our Basset is nearly a year and a half old and STILL not fully house trained. It's painful!

By *irdyxWoman 35 weeks ago

dublin/ Birmingham

My Dougie is my absolute baby he's lazy loving and super protective of me . He's spoilt sleeps in the middle of the bed . I would be absolutely lost without him he's been by my side for the hardest year of my life. How could you not love someone so loyal .

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

my cockapoo is the most loving dog I've ever had. no shedding either and always wants cuddles

By *electableicecreamMan 35 weeks ago

The West

Please keep posting about your doggo's so I can live vicariously through you.

Penny, my childhood dog, was my best friend. Definitely smarter than I was and always took care of me.

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 35 weeks ago

kinkytown

Our jack Russell/ Labrador cross (please don't ask how that worked as we haven't a clue) is our little ones best friend. Follows her everywhere and will put up with some amount of torture (dressing her up in outfits etc) from her. Extremely well trained and very protective of us and our home.

I have working dogs not pets. We have respect for each other, they show affection but they live to work. I take it for granted how intelligent they are but occasionally even I am amazed by their smarts.

By *eardedvillainMan 35 weeks ago

Bangor N.Ireland

My little lady sookie a jack Russell,had her from a wee puppy and she's getting old now at 12.She pretty much goes everywhere with me except when on the bike lol.Shes just woke up beside me and straight in with a cuddle and kiss

By *enguin1Man 35 weeks ago

The sticks

I've 2 mutts......could never be without them

I've always said they give the same amount of love without the college fees

It's much easier to have 2 dogs than 1.

Had 3 together at one stage....never again. House was mental. Sadly the 16yr mutt passed away in my arms. A feeling I'll never forget till the day I die

I love my dog, but today we are having a cat funeral, and the main concern is to avoid having the dog dig him up in a week's time! "Look guys, I found Kitty!"

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 35 weeks ago

kinkytown

"I love my dog, but today we are having a cat funeral, and the main concern is to avoid having the dog dig him up in a week's time! "Look guys, I found Kitty!""

Get some large stones to set over the body of the cat before putting the soil down over it.

"I love my dog, but today we are having a cat funeral, and the main concern is to avoid having the dog dig him up in a week's time! "Look guys, I found Kitty!"

Get some large stones to set over the body of the cat before putting the soil down over it. "

All done and dusted thanks

By *ORETHANUSCouple 35 weeks ago

Midlands

Our first dog were two cockers which we had for 13 years. Loved them. I’m not really sure how we now ended up with three but they are great. One of them has a kink for leather so shoes snd even a very nice bag have fallen to her kink. It would be a less happy place without them

By *om TangoMan 35 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

Love dogs. Unfortunately the lady fella had to go. Hated humans especially females. Hopefully 2 pups coming at Xmas and later in January. Rottweiler breed and Dobermann breed. Already have a golden retriever and jack russle. Pair of unless yolks. Lick u to death. Need a breed that’s only loyal to a few.

By *oman Stringer OP   Man 35 weeks ago

Sallynoggin

Some beautiful tributes to our friends here. A joy to read, even if fighting back a tear or 2

» Add a new message to this topic