FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Outgrowing friends

Outgrowing friends

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r_Insatiable666 OP   Man 36 weeks ago

Cork

Did you ever have a friend you think you'd never lose but you just don't care about losing them anymore?

Would you ever want that friend back?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irWhiskeyMan 36 weeks ago

The water of life

I've had a few long distance friend that through several different reasons that they disappeared, I put it down to that life just happens sometimes and mental health just can't cope with some things anymore.

If they ever came back (which is highly unlikely) I would welcome them back with open arms as though nothing ever changed. They mattered to me and I know that in their heart I mattered to them too.

Sometimes shit just happens.

By *ealitybitesMan 36 weeks ago

Belfast

It depends. If the friendship is all one way and hard work were they really friends in the first place?

I've let go of many people who didn't understand the principle of friendship.

By *ustBoWoman 36 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've had a few people who I thought were good friends at the time but the friendships just fizzled out for various reasons. Some of them I'd still chat to if I met them again or if we got in contact.Others were never really real friends in the first place. It was one sided. So no it's better off staying as it is.

I think as we get older we learn to see friendships differently and know when it's time to walk away.

The last year and a half with everything that has happened in my life it has taught me though that real friends are worth their weight in gold and it makes me appreciate their friendships even more.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan 36 weeks ago

Tipperary

I have a few friends since childhood and to this day we are still friends. I have never been really good friends with somebody and that’s now gone. That’s never happened to me.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

Some people come into your life for a season, and some come for a lifetime. Never mix seasonal people up with lifetime expectations.

By *ukeM8519Man 36 weeks ago

Leitrim

Had a really best friend just vanish from the friend group over night after he got married, nothing happened no fights or arguments, he just went odd with everyone. It secretly affected me, it was a big loss as we shared a common hobby together. When I’m doing the hobby now I sometimes find myself passing comments to him in my head as if he was there beside me like what a goal, or what do you think of that car etc…I would never want to be friends again though. I’m fully removed.

"Some people come into your life for a season, and some come for a lifetime. Never mix seasonal people up with lifetime expectations."

Firm believer in this.

Angels come into your life for a reason, then vanish when the reason ends.

By *ot so needyMan 36 weeks ago

Galway

Everyone moves and grow in different ways. I have friends I grew up with. I might not talk to them every week but I know and they know we are there for each other when needed. Then other friendships change as our life changes as we age.My best friend now is someone who I know for around 30 years but are only friends around 12 years we were completely different when we were younger but now our interested are more suited.

This is something we will all go through in life in some shape or form at some stage.

We are all on a journey and when we evolve and grow.

Sometimes what others may do to you or a way an individual lives their life.

May not be in sync with you anymore and that’s ok.

My belief is anything that weighs you down and isn’t truly necessary nor you are solely responsible for you should let go of.

Life is too short.

Always be open to the universe

"This is something we will all go through in life in some shape or form at some stage.

We are all on a journey and when we evolve and grow.

Sometimes what others may do to you or a way an individual lives their life.

May not be in sync with you anymore and that’s ok.

My belief is anything that weighs you down and isn’t truly necessary nor you are solely responsible for you should let go of.

Life is too short.

Always be open to the universe

"

Perfectly put

My best mate since childhood split up with his wife,went a bit weird and cut me out of his life completely

Blanks me in the street now

No row,no harsh words just like I'm invisible

Mental shit altogether

My best friend did something that completely shocked me. The consequences of the "thing" and the realisation of the amount she had hidden from me and our friend group turned out to be insurmountable for me. I tried, I really did, but I couldn't get past it. Everyone else seemed able to put it behind them but we're no longer in touch.

I'm not sure that's so much growing out of a friendship as a realisation that I couldn't be at ease with what she'd done in the way that our other friends seemed able

By *leasurer77Man 36 weeks ago

Athlone

"My best mate since childhood split up with his wife,went a bit weird and cut me out of his life completely

Blanks me in the street now

No row,no harsh words just like I'm invisible

Mental shit altogether

"

Banshees of Inis sheeran shit that.

"Did you ever have a friend you think you'd never lose but you just don't care about losing them anymore?

Would you ever want that friend back?"

If a person doesn't touch base with you every so often then I'd have no problem not contacting them , this of course is when you feel like you're doing all the contacting all along before that.

We all change and grow in different directions, some friendships will inevitably drift, some will ebb and flow, others we thought were friends may prove not to be when the chips are down. That's all normal, no point hanging on when relationships aren't working anymore

The reality is that most of us have only a couple of real friends at best, and it's only when things get tough that you find out who they are.

By *asual777Man 36 weeks ago

i travel all over

I respect myself far too much to try to keep friendships going when I am making all the effort. Very good ex friends are no longer in

My life

Realised in my late 20’s that my ‘friends’ were never really my friends nor friends with each other, juts a group of lads that would constantly screw each other over and other lads missus’.

I also realised people who I looked at as just associates were actually good friends to me and I figured that out before I lost them

"We all change and grow in different directions, some friendships will inevitably drift, some will ebb and flow, others we thought were friends may prove not to be when the chips are down. That's all normal, no point hanging on when relationships aren't working anymore

The reality is that most of us have only a couple of real friends at best, and it's only when things get tough that you find out who they are."

Absolutely!. Well said x

Mental stuff...waiting for the fingers at my door

By *astelloWoman 36 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Im meeting a friend in a few weeks that I have known for 35 years. We live in different countries but I love her to bits. I cherish my friendships dearly.

Ive always cultivated good friendships but realised they can be one sided so I'm more astute now.

"Did you ever have a friend you think you'd never lose but you just don't care about losing them anymore?

Would you ever want that friend back?"

I'd love to meet my child hood friend again for a catch up I love her to bits , we had some fun while in school the assumption secondary school d.12 .. Great times

» Add a new message to this topic