FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Kieths teeth

Kieths teeth

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    34 weeks ago

Anyone watching this can’t believe what I’m seeing

Is this a scare tactic on behalf of the dental association

Is it more peer pressure for our kids from social media to have a white smile

This is a serious watch and honestly I can’t make up my mind

Some quoted 40,000 grand here and getting them done abroad for 5,000 with a hotel in the price

Anyway have a look and make up your own mind

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eart-shaped-foxMan 34 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

"Anyone watching this can’t believe what I’m seeing

Some quoted 40,000 grand here and getting them done abroad for 5,000 with a hotel in the price

Anyway have a look and make up your own mind "

I saw the ad and said avoid like the plague. Bad enough that RTE would give that dickhead a platform without the subject being so ridiculous

By *chochamberWoman 34 weeks ago

Limerick

Watching

I think it's good to warn people on what can go wrong. It's a business, I ld consider doing it, but people need to know, if they fuck up, they really don't care. There is no follow up, no insurance.

"Anyone watching this can’t believe what I’m seeing

Anyway have a look and make up your own mind

I saw the ad and said avoid like the plague. Bad enough that RTE would give that dickhead a platform without the subject being so ridiculous "

It’s a really interesting watch

"Watching

I think it's good to warn people on what can go wrong. It's a business, I ld consider doing it, but people need to know, if they fuck up, they really don't care. There is no follow up, no insurance. "

Understood but it still works out cheaper even if you have to go back

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 27/09/23 22:34:51]

By *astelloWoman 34 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Just watched it there and having just spoken to my own dentist today about it.. They make valid points on customers over expectations and wanting everything done fast and cheaply.

My own dentist mentioned it she has had to fix a lot of Turkey teeth because of poor clinical practices and lack of follow up by clinics aboard.

Due diligence.. What you pay here v abroad is huge but also do your research.. Cheap does not equate to good. Schools check ups were mentioned too and it's abysmal here, having paid 8k for my son in 2 years on his teeth. The public system was woeful.

I'm getting my sons teeth sorted atm they said it will cost roughly cost abt 6 grand,he never had any dental visits while in school, he did have eyes n hearing tests but no dental check ups

By *panishRebelMan 34 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"I'm getting my sons teeth sorted atm they said it will cost roughly cost abt 6 grand,he never had any dental visits while in school, he did have eyes n hearing tests but no dental check ups"

2 out of 3 of mine have dentures. They gave a time line and it's 6 months beyond that now. Still have to pay each visit. Without insurance we'd be fecked.

As a parent one of mine fell in school just like what was on the show

We are still paying for his tooth to be fixed he went into second year this year

It’s all about the look for them especially a boy I think anyway

"As a parent one of mine fell in school just like what was on the show

We are still paying for his tooth to be fixed he went into second year this year

"

I've 4 boys .. I'm always broke lol nite all

Night girl

By *irishladMan 34 weeks ago

Malahide

No dental check ups at school? Did you not bring your kids to a doctor if they were sick, if their teeth looked bad or less than perfect would you not bring them to a dentist? If a problem was identified early I’m sure there’d be supports there if you went looking with a referral letter from a dentist?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, once you’re in the public health system in Ireland it’s actually very good, but ya have to ask, shout, demand rant n rave!

By *ilverjayMan 34 weeks ago

your imagination

I have a dental thought that's been bugging me lately.

If your a PAYE worker and have to go to Doc or Dentist. You can claim back some expenses with a Med 1 or Med 2 form.

If your unemployed or on low income you can use Med card for Doc visits.

However you can't get any dental work done. Nor can you claim back expenses coz your unemployed.

Doesn't seem right

By *leasurer77Man 34 weeks ago

Athlone

"

Hi Op. Could you PM me please about this? Would really appreciate some info but not in public.

By *he zephyrCouple 34 weeks ago

The Sol

"No dental check ups at school? Did you not bring your kids to a doctor if they were sick, if their teeth looked bad or less than perfect would you not bring them to a dentist? If a problem was identified early I’m sure there’d be supports there if you went looking with a referral letter from a dentist?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, once you’re in the public health system in Ireland it’s actually very good, but ya have to ask, shout, demand rant n rave!"

There is definitely a primary school dental scheme, run by the use public health team.

By *ofusplusCouple 34 weeks ago

Limerick

"No dental check ups at school? Did you not bring your kids to a doctor if they were sick, if their teeth looked bad or less than perfect would you not bring them to a dentist? If a problem was identified early I’m sure there’d be supports there if you went looking with a referral letter from a dentist?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, once you’re in the public health system in Ireland it’s actually very good, but ya have to ask, shout, demand rant n rave!

There is definitely a primary school dental scheme, run by the use public health team. "

Correct and you can easily make an appointment for your local clinic if your child is in pain with their teeth and get seen to quickly.

I think they only do amalgam fillings though, which are outdated and your child will be replacing them later themselves for white ones. Maybe they do white ones these days, I don't know.

By *ofusplusCouple 34 weeks ago

Limerick

I just watched for 5 mins and there was this poor girl with fake teeth, lips, hair and Botox. She was a young girl but she felt so much pressure to conform to the social media version of beautiful.

Such a shame

Another reason I refuse to pay my TV licence this year. Bottom of the Barrell programming

By *ind PaddyMan 34 weeks ago

South County Dublin

I though the programme was ok. I certainly would not sign up for 5 root canals on the one day.

Athlone

There was nothing wrong with the programme. It showed good and bad. Anything that encourages any person to brush their teeth is worthwhile.

"I just watched for 5 mins and there was this poor girl with fake teeth, lips, hair and Botox. She was a young girl but she felt so much pressure to conform to the social media version of beautiful.

Such a shame "

That girl went on love island she went in natural and she looked amazing but she said when she came out

She got her teeth done lip fillers Botox I think she’s an influencer now

As for appointments for kids teeth yes there are covered up until they leave primary school

Hi Op. Could you PM me please about this? Would really appreciate some info but not in public."

The i player on rte will have it

"I though the programme was ok. I certainly would not sign up for 5 root canals on the one day.

"

I think that choice was made by the individual

Athlone

Hi Op. Could you PM me please about this? Would really appreciate some info but not in public.

The i player on rte will have it "

Was more looking for some details about what happened with your son. My daughter had/has similar issue.

The i player on rte will have it

Was more looking for some details about what happened with your son. My daughter had/has similar issue."

He fell in school broke one of his front teeth in half the dentist told us to sue the school for future dental appointments

He said that it will be a problem for him for the rest of his life two years on after leaving primary we’ve had to replace it twice already

We didn’t sue but wish we had now

By *ouple2022Couple 34 weeks ago

galway

Had you taken out school insurance for him ? This would cover him till he is 18 , it also covers any accident at home or school 365 a year 24hours a day . Not sure if it would be too late to claim now though unfortunately x

"

Ya we had at the time but didn’t do anything about it and I’d say the time has lapsed now but thanks anyway

» Add a new message to this topic