FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fake or not fake?

Fake or not fake?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r.fatcock OP   Man 34 weeks ago

dublin

Hi all, first forum thread here, I'll wait for an applause :D

I had an experience today, a lady advertised a meet, so ofcorse, I jumped at the opportunity.

She replied telling me I had to message her on KIK because she had 'rules'.

The rules were basically pay to book the appointment. Initially I was thinking es***t, but it was made clear that she is not an es***t and just wanted a monetary solution to timewasters.

So she sent verification from her 'last profile', I searched the names and what a coincidence, they couldn't be found.

I'm all about giving the benefit of the doubt, but this was suspicious on the highest level.

Anyway, each to their own and if that's her game then faor enough... but my question is

This lady was 'verfifed' with a green flag?

How does one, or even the site, monitor who is uploading pictures of themselves. I guess it's really a security measure, but if I was to 'pay' and get scammed, what good is those verified pics?

Now, you might say 'but your only new too, your pictures are not even visible' and that's very fair, but im just an onlooker, not looking to Rob people of their hard earned cash... so, what is the solution for this?

Is something that everyone should be accountable to themselves, and if conned, then lesson learned?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple 34 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

The chances of this being legit is pretty much zero.

By *ustBoWoman 34 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It most likely was a scam especially when they ask to talk off site immediately and ask for money that alone should make anyone walk away. If someone doesn't then well the only person they can blame really is themselves.

All veris be it the green tick or flag should be taken with a pinch of salt anyhow. The green flag people put too much trust into it can be faked as well and the mods can only do so much they are just volunteers after all.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions on here and if they ignore red flags that's really on their own heads. If something seems hinky it's easy enough to just walk away.

By *affa31Woman 34 weeks ago

Galway

A green flag means fuck all imo and it makes me laugh when people think it’s necessary. A green tick is better but you’ve gotta be able to click through and check out the veris to see if the people that veried them are real.

The tiniest hint of a red flag, run away.

By *oshSardineMan 34 weeks ago

The High Chaparral

Verifications mean sweet FA most of the time. You see people join and sixteen minutes later they are verified as having been meet verified. I know some will say they’ve been here before but most have ‘fill in later’ and a status update saying looking to get verified. Mostly, In fairness to the admin, they get ed out fairly quickly. Anyone asking you to go offsite should be avoided.

By *r_Insatiable666Man 34 weeks ago

Cork

The second I saw money in your story, I immediately thought fake. It's hard especially if you're suffering from blue balls but always think that it could be fake. I've talked to a few fake profiles, thankfully never met but I have fell for their shite before.

Once bitten, twice shy.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 34 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Verifications mean sweet FA most of the time. You see people join and sixteen minutes later they are verified as having been meet verified. I know some will say they’ve been here before but most have ‘fill in later’ and a status update saying looking to get verified. Mostly, In fairness to the admin, they get ed out fairly quickly. Anyone asking you to go offsite should be avoided."

Doesn't necessarily mean they are fakes. They may have been reverified by someone they met previously on an old profile. Verifications are very very useful, but it really matters who is giving them and what they say and if they are displayed. Photo verification doesn't mean much tho .

By *oshSardineMan 34 weeks ago

The High Chaparral

"Verifications mean sweet FA most of the time. You see people join and sixteen minutes later they are verified as having been meet verified. I know some will say they’ve been here before but most have ‘fill in later’ and a status update saying looking to get verified. Mostly, In fairness to the admin, they get ed out fairly quickly. Anyone asking you to go offsite should be avoided.

Doesn't necessarily mean they are fakes. They may have been reverified by someone they met previously on an old profile. Verifications are very very useful, but it really matters who is giving them and what they say and if they are displayed. Photo verification doesn't mean much tho ."

Didn’t say they were fake or use the word fake. I said I know some will say they’ve been here before but most have ‘fill in later’ and a status up looking to be verified.

Anyway, a very good day to you good sir.

By *ick-Dastardly-Man 34 weeks ago

A whole world of Shit.

Trust nobody - Believe only half of what you see.

Verification this & that = People on this give each other verifications

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

"The second I saw money in your story, I immediately thought fake. It's hard especially if you're suffering from blue balls but always think that it could be fake. I've talked to a few fake profiles, thankfully never met but I have fell for their shite before.

Once bitten, twice shy."

What’s blue balls?

By *adger BrocMan 34 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"The second I saw money in your story, I immediately thought fake. It's hard especially if you're suffering from blue balls but always think that it could be fake. I've talked to a few fake profiles, thankfully never met but I have fell for their shite before.

Once bitten, twice shy.

What’s blue balls? "

American expression for sexual frustration or not getting your rocks off.

By *og-ManMan 34 weeks ago

somewhere

Once bitten, twice shy.

What’s blue balls? "

Its nearly as bad as man flu

When a man doesn't empty his sac regularly he can suffer from Blue Balls

By *oxminxCouple 34 weeks ago

NaughtyVille *×* Laois

Our first rule with Fab is the same as our last rule with Fab...

Don't give the benefit of the doubt

By *igIsBackMan 34 weeks ago

all over and beyond

Think i see that profile earlier. Didn't it say only chat on a different app.

I ask why not chat here and i was blocked.

Aaahhh well.

By *xplicitMan 34 weeks ago

donegal

once i saw 'she replied' i knew it was fake, complete fantasy to think you would get a reply from someone genuine

By *igIsBackMan 34 weeks ago

all over and beyond

"once i saw 'she replied' i knew it was fake, complete fantasy to think you would get a reply from someone genuine "

Pmsl.... but very ture.... aaahhhh no there is some super genuine ladies on here.

"Hi all, first forum thread here, I'll wait for an applause :D

I had an experience today, a lady advertised a meet, so ofcorse, I jumped at the opportunity.

She replied telling me I had to message her on KIK because she had 'rules'.

The rules were basically pay to book the appointment. Initially I was thinking es***t, but it was made clear that she is not an es***t and just wanted a monetary solution to timewasters.

So she sent verification from her 'last profile', I searched the names and what a coincidence, they couldn't be found.

I'm all about giving the benefit of the doubt, but this was suspicious on the highest level.

Anyway, each to their own and if that's her game then faor enough... but my question is

This lady was 'verfifed' with a green flag?

How does one, or even the site, monitor who is uploading pictures of themselves. I guess it's really a security measure, but if I was to 'pay' and get scammed, what good is those verified pics?

Now, you might say 'but your only new too, your pictures are not even visible' and that's very fair, but im just an onlooker, not looking to Rob people of their hard earned cash... so, what is the solution for this?

Is something that everyone should be accountable to themselves, and if conned, then lesson learned?"

It's not a babysitting site.

How much did you send her?

By *og-ManMan 34 weeks ago

somewhere

"once i saw 'she replied' i knew it was fake, complete fantasy to think you would get a reply from someone genuine "

By *1CorkCouple 34 weeks ago

Cork

Plenty of red flags OP but there could be legitimate reasons you may be asked to pay for a hotel room. In our early days, we used to prefer to pay for the hotel room for meets with single guys due to the practicality of control of room for check in before his arrival so Mrs. could get ready - makeup & lingerie. However, after two no shows and the rising costs of hotel rooms (we’d never get offer of a contribution from single guys) we’ve decided to give a higher rating to men who can accommodate, sometimes we accept that this accommodation can be at a hotel, but nevertheless the man must provide it. It’s simply another evaluation criteria in which you could be measured against other men. Who knows, you may have been gazumped in that instance by another man willing to accommodate by paying for a hotel room, all other things being equal. Just a possible explanation, however we don’t disagree with your gut feeling - no substitute for published meet verifications provided by other well verified profiles in our opinion.

By *panishRebelMan 34 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

This is why I like a coffee first. Afterwards we can split costs on rooms etc if that's where it goes. But I will gladly pay for a few coffees or other drinks first.

"Plenty of red flags OP but there could be legitimate reasons you may be asked to pay for a hotel room. In our early days, we used to prefer to pay for the hotel room for meets with single guys due to the practicality of control of room for check in before his arrival so Mrs. could get ready - makeup & lingerie. However, after two no shows and the rising costs of hotel rooms (we’d never get offer of a contribution from single guys) we’ve decided to give a higher rating to men who can accommodate, sometimes we accept that this accommodation can be at a hotel, but nevertheless the man must provide it. It’s simply another evaluation criteria in which you could be measured against other men. Who knows, you may have been gazumped in that instance by another man willing to accommodate by paying for a hotel room, all other things being equal. Just a possible explanation, however we don’t disagree with your gut feeling - no substitute for published meet verifications provided by other well verified profiles in our opinion."

dublin

"

How much did you send her?"

Oh come on now, I never said I paid. As soon as she said KIK I knew it was a Roose. Although sometimes I enjoy playing along to see how gullible they think I am.

Frankly, thought it was a fake from the pics but I have seen so many beautiful ladies on here I thought 'JUST MAYBE'.

The premis of my post was wondering how well and monitored are the verified pics - im sure the mods do the best they can, no doubt about it, but its so easy to just verify a personal pic and then use anything your find only after that

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man 34 weeks ago

Meath, Louth border of Monaghan & Naughty,

There's me thinkin this was a thread about the profile above!!

"

How much did you send her?

Oh come on now, I never said I paid. As soon as she said KIK I knew it was a Roose. Although sometimes I enjoy playing along to see how gullible they think I am.

Frankly, thought it was a fake from the pics but I have seen so many beautiful ladies on here I thought 'JUST MAYBE'.

The premis of my post was wondering how well and monitored are the verified pics - im sure the mods do the best they can, no doubt about it, but its so easy to just verify a personal pic and then use anything your find only after that"

Photo verified means that for a female profile the person has sent one photo of a woman holding a piece of paper stating name/date. As far as I know subsequent photos aren’t checked to see if they “match” the photo used to verify.

Photo verification confirms that they are indeed a woman. Not necessarily the woman in the profile photos.

dublin

"There's me thinkin this was a thread about the profile above!! "

Already took a dig at myself in my original post

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 34 weeks ago

kinkytown

If it walks like a duck talks like a duck it's usually a duck

By *osepearlWoman 34 weeks ago

bray

I had a very strange situation here, a guy sent me a message that we met and he in details told me when we met, I remember seeing him , so he asked me to verify him on his new profile , he has pictures what I didn’t recognise, but very similar to him, in a while I got message from the girl who said if I really knew the man I said I do, she said that it isn’t his pictures on profile, the pictures are belong to other guy from other platform, I asked her to show me them and she did , I confronted him about that, he tried to say that she looking for pay , but didn’t answer my question and deleted his profile, tried to contact me on kik , I not willing to talk to somebody who can be honest.

By *llthewaysMan 34 weeks ago

Somewhere

This is a good example of never message or reply when horny, you will forgive a lot of bad signals because the other brain is doing the thinking.

» Add a new message to this topic