FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Cost of Bruce Springsteen tickets

Cost of Bruce Springsteen tickets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *un on fab OP   Man 29 weeks ago

Mallow

Any thoughts on the cost of the Bruce Springsteen tickets that went on-sale today. Cheapest is 143 plus approx 7 booking fees. 300 for 2 tickets...seems expensive, I know he does a good long set, but 300?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan 29 weeks ago

somewhere

"Any thoughts on the cost of the Bruce Springsteen tickets that went on-sale today. Cheapest is 143 plus approx 7 booking fees. 300 for 2 tickets...seems expensive, I know he does a good long set, but 300?"

As far as I know Ireland has cheaper tickets that most of the other gigs across Europe on the same tour

The cost of doing gigs in Ireland has a huge bearing on the cost of the tickets

Insurance is huge

We're an Island so all the trucks have to move over on a ferry

Wages for all the staff involved are higher here that elsewhere

Tickets for U2 last week cost 200 dollars and a pint in the venue was 18 dollars to show you a comparison

By *abbingMan 29 weeks ago

Belfast

I think its nuts, buts its going to become the norm sadly!

Ticketmaster have seemingly been pushing artists to up their ticket prices for a while now as they are seeing what tickets are making on secondary resale sites and on their own market place and feel like there is room to gouge people more than they already were!

Ticketmaster used the post covid rush back to live gigs to ratchet up the cost of many in-demand live gigs on their site, hence the crazy prices for other big tours globally such as Coldplay or Taylor Swift

Ticketmaster have actually run demand based pricing for some gigs in the US, where people can end up paying thousands - so the 40-50% jump in many gig ticket prices in the past couple of years is here to stay unless people vote with their feet!

As for the U2 thing....I would see that as slightly different in that they are playing in a One of a kind world class venue with unrivaled audio visuals and a bespoke show designed for the venue - plus its in Vegas which will charge €140 for the cheap seats at a snorefest Cirque du Soleil show, so I'd take U2 at the sphere for 200 any day over that!!

The Killers played the same venue in Belfast this year as Springsteen will do in 2024 and tickets were half the price - so its not an insurance issue, its just a case of he's charging those prices because people are paying it, which is a shame as it prices out a lot of genuine fans!

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman 29 weeks ago

Athlone

I've been to the last 7/8 Springsteen gigs.

His energy is amazing and without question worth every penny of the high price point of the tickets.

Swore though I'd never spend the money to see him in Croker again and I haven't. For various reasons I didn't even try for tickets for his tour next year. I'm sure I'll see him again at some stage though...

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 29 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Blame streaming

The only way artists make money these days is via touring

So imagine the price of a ticket as concert plus however many CDs ye would have bought back in the day

By *ilderMan 29 weeks ago

dublin

A fool and their money and all that whatever floats your boat.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 29 weeks ago

The West

Am I the only one thats bored of concerts? Way too much hype of "the experience" around them all.

For €300 for a couple to stand on a pitch or whatever for 2-3 hours, very poor value!

I'd rather some live music in a pub and a few drinks with friends! Or give me a top sporting occasion any day of the week!

By *xplicitMan 29 weeks ago

donegal

Same for me, too many overpriced overhyped auto- tuned backing track fakes.

Ireland full of great local musicians, save your money and support some local artists, grab a few reasonably priced pints whilst you’re at it

By (user no longer on site) 29 weeks ago

"Same for me, too many overpriced overhyped auto- tuned backing track fakes.

Ireland full of great local musicians, save your money and support some local artists, grab a few reasonably priced pints whilst you’re at it "

This exactly

By *hilaboutMan 29 weeks ago

kilkenny

Totally agree cost is too much but was sold out in less than n hr in kilkenny so obviously people think it's worth it

By *ealitybitesMan 29 weeks ago

Belfast

All depends on what you consider value for money.

I don't drink so I'm not interested in the cost of a pint and I'm not staying over in an hotel so don't have to worry about that.

I don't go to many gigs. Springsteen at the RDS earlier this year was probably my second gig in more than 20 years.

Lots of people on here go to socials every other month and probably spend much more on travel and accommodation.

Based on some previous threads there are people who will easily spend €150 on a night out in a restaurant or pub.

Yes it's way more than I would normally spend on anything but I'm paying for the experience and the memories.

Anyone saying that Springsteen is overhyped or autotuned obviously hasn't been to any of his shows.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 29 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Things are worth what people are willing to pay... And people are clearly willing to pay this for tickets. The only way to stop the gouging is to choose not to pay.

I saw the tour last year, he has 8/10 old songs that the crowd love, other than that he's a 70 year old guy with a band of 70 year old people. He stretches it put over 4 hours with one or two songs you will recognise, then at the end he plays 4 good ones , leaves the stage and comes back and plays 2 more good ones . A complete waste of money and absolutely not worth it.

I saw the Mary wallopers recently for €20 and they were awesome, Springsteen is gliding on songs that are 40 years old.

I don't understand the excitement and enthusiasm of the crowd listening to middle of the road "rock" music.

By *ayarMan 29 weeks ago

Wirral

There’s a reason bands are reforming they are all coming g out of retirement to tour again for the ridiculous money that’s being asked

to see bands you’ve barely heard of are £50 in England now

I paid £19 to see Fleetwood Mac in Maine Road in the late 80’s and similar to see ac/dc in the NEC in the early 90’s

By *ealitybitesMan 29 weeks ago

Belfast

"I saw the tour last year, he has 8/10 old songs that the crowd love, other than that he's a 70 year old guy with a band of 70 year old people. He stretches it put over 4 hours with one or two songs you will recognise, then at the end he plays 4 good ones , leaves the stage and comes back and plays 2 more good ones . A complete waste of money and absolutely not worth it.

I saw the Mary wallopers recently for €20 and they were awesome, Springsteen is gliding on songs that are 40 years old.

I don't understand the excitement and enthusiasm of the crowd listening to middle of the road "rock" music. "

So why did you pay to see him if you don't know his music or aren't enthusiastic about what he does?

Personally speaking I knew every song he played and if you had been paying attention you would have heard him say that the whole theme of the tour is reminiscing.

All the songs are linked to the bands journey over the years and their age, the loss of so many friends and band members in recent years and how everyone on the stage had their moment in the spotlight was one of the main ideas behind the tour.

Of course it's a ridiculous amount to pay in comparison to years ago but look at how much people pay to go to the theatre or even to sit on their arse and hand over £40 or £50 and more every month to Sky, Netflix and Disney.

somewhere

"I saw the tour last year, he has 8/10 old songs that the crowd love, other than that he's a 70 year old guy with a band of 70 year old people. He stretches it put over 4 hours with one or two songs you will recognise, then at the end he plays 4 good ones , leaves the stage and comes back and plays 2 more good ones . A complete waste of money and absolutely not worth it.

I don't understand the excitement and enthusiasm of the crowd listening to middle of the road "rock" music. "

Thats only fans that know his greatest hits

There's fans going to all 4 concerts from around the world

As soon as one gig finishes they drive to the next one,set up the wristband and queueing system and wait 48 hrs for the next gig

They all know each other

They know every song and when it was last played at a gig

He plays songs in his soundcheck for them as they're songs he doesn't play live

There's fans that live here that do the same thing

It's like a religious experience for them

By *ullittooth2020Man 29 weeks ago

Galway

Just after purchasing a ticket for night 1 in Madrid, cost me €148 all in including fees and postage as they're physical tickets. Much much cheaper than the ticket I got for Sunderland so there is value to be had. Also the ticket for Madrid is in the P1 section so not a bad spot either

By *ilderMan 29 weeks ago

dublin

I don't understand the excitement and enthusiasm of the crowd listening to middle of the road "rock" music.

As soon as one gig finishes they drive to the next one,set up the wristband and queueing system and wait 48 hrs for the next gig

They all know each other

It's like a religious experience for them "

Sounds like a cult to me

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 29 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Concert tickets have def gone up significantly recently, which would deter me from going to gigs unless I was really into them.

However on the flip side, for €9.99 a month or whatever Spotify is, that's incredible value compaired to what we used to be paying to buy CDs.

Spotify is likely the reason bands feel they need to charge so much for tickets, but I wouldn't trade it in a million years.

So why did you pay to see him if you don't know his music or aren't enthusiastic about what he does?

Personally speaking I knew every song he played and if you had been paying attention you would have heard him say that the whole theme of the tour is reminiscing.

All the songs are linked to the bands journey over the years and their age, the loss of so many friends and band members in recent years and how everyone on the stage had their moment in the spotlight was one of the main ideas behind the tour.

Of course it's a ridiculous amount to pay in comparison to years ago but look at how much people pay to go to the theatre or even to sit on their arse and hand over £40 or £50 and more every month to Sky, Netflix and Disney. "

You assumed I paid.

It was boring.

They all know each other

Sounds like a cult to me "

Absolutely, it's cult like behaviour... The funny thing is he sings about the working man , the dude hasn't worked a day in his life , he's down by the river since '72 . And the people still drink it up .... Pass me another Kool aid there Brucey

By *ustBoWoman 29 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Really don't know why it bothers people who aren't interested in going to see him or other bands what others have paid or why they enjoy their music it's seems a bit sad to be getting annoyed or having to make smart ass comments over it to be honest.

Spend your money how you like and let others do the same.

By *ickheadcuntCouple 29 weeks ago

Cork Ireland

It was reported that the public liability for the Irish gigs was 64k compared to Northern Ireland 1500 pounds.

Does it justify upping the ticket price that much? I don't think so

"Really don't know why it bothers people who aren't interested in going to see him or other bands what others have paid or why they enjoy their music it's seems a bit sad to be getting annoyed or having to make smart ass comments over it to be honest.

Spend your money how you like and let others do the same. "

Exactly

By *on Juan the MADridMan 29 weeks ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

I have paid 337 for two tickets 19/5 … abusive

By *on Juan the MADridMan 29 weeks ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

16/5

[Removed by poster at 07/11/23 22:45:51]

By *ab211Man 29 weeks ago

city

All I can say is I had a tiny tear in my eye when Thunder Road rang out as an encore across the hallowed turf of Pairc Ui Chaoimh the last time he was here. Having an artist that I truly love playing in my home town for €96 at the time, I didn’t even question, more about the experience.. Now 10 years later with everything considered i think that an extra €40 on the ticket price is surely reasonable or am I just Lost in the Flood ?!

By *ab211Man 29 weeks ago

city

[Removed by poster at 07/11/23 23:57:14]

As someone said in an earlier post, £150 is the cost of a night out to some.

A night out with mates, meal and drinks, can be arranged easy enough I would think.

BUT if you are a Bruce Springsteen fan, attending his concert is a rare opportunity.

So it's up to you to decide how best to spend ypur money!

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 29 weeks ago

The West

They all know each other

Sounds like a cult to me

Absolutely, it's cult like behaviour... The funny thing is he sings about the working man , the dude hasn't worked a day in his life , he's down by the river since '72 . And the people still drink it up .... Pass me another Kool aid there Brucey"

That was my point, is it just an Irish thing to absolutely love the hype? We are gluttons for marketing in this country and are so easily sold any all stuff.

It's old music, it's grand to listen to, but let's not start talking nonsense about some amazing experience or whatever...They've seen prices go up and they're all just chancing their arm to top up their kids trust funds!

By *igtasty121Man 29 weeks ago

Nowhere

"It was reported that the public liability for the Irish gigs was 64k compared to Northern Ireland 1500 pounds.

Does it justify upping the ticket price that much? I don't think so "

That’s bananas but I’d well believe it.. what a necessary evil… insurance companies…

By *PANK_and_GIGGLESCouple 29 weeks ago

Belfast

€65 in Milan. I know someone that went.

somewhere

Belfast sold out now

By *edonism NICouple 29 weeks ago

strabane

Couple of points

1. Touring is the only way bands make money ... Springsteen has made his fortune and really doesn’t need it.

2. As someone said, marketing is everything and tickets r only worth what people will pay ... I remember selling U2 tickets for £300 each for Dublin 20 years ago! Let’s not even start about Taylor swift!

3. I’m gonna try for Glastonbury and hope he head.I was there for £350 plus ferry etc for the full weekend of huge acts!

By *dfabMan 29 weeks ago

Dunboyne

Gemma Hayes last night in Liberty Hall.

Brilliant gig, great sound, great seats. €28 per ticket

By *un on fab OP   Man 27 weeks ago

Mallow

That's the way to do it....

» Add a new message to this topic