FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Computer help

Computer help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello ppl how Are you all? I have an old lap top which has died (will not power up). But on the lap top are pics and videos of me in action. Any advice on how I retrieve them? Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best bit of advice is to get linux or a version of it on a cd/dvd then boot your computer from it and you can copy the pictures from your hardrive off it etc

Easier option is to just take out the hard drive. If you go into computer shop you can buy a gadget is a cradle for your hard drive. This cradle can then be connected (via USB) to your new machine. Most computer shops will even take out the hard drive from your dead machine and put it into the cradle they are selling you. Effectively what you have then is portable hard drive in addition to whatever the capacity of your new machine is.

What Robin said - it's sometimes better to let an engineer do it as in some laptops the hard drive is actually very difficult to get to, I have a mate down in Warrenpoint that does that (probably too far for you though) I'm sure there is somebody local to you that could do it?

if it dos,nt power up its probably the mother board same thing happened to mine just get a lump hammer before throwin it out lol

» Add a new message to this topic