FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > ok...im a thick

ok...im a thick

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watched the news,these houses being demolished that are half built.....why cant the local authorites finish them and house people on the housing list?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *irty MurtyMan  over a year ago

my place

Because there built in the middle of nowhere and never should have got planning.

That and you'd be surprised how fussy some people on housing lists can be

Really...i work in construction and it makes no sense other than economics which is protecting investors

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It makes a lot of sense.

First there is no need/demand for housing were they are. None are occupied and most are at early stages of build.

Secondly they are an eye sore and health & safety hazard to the areas they are in. Kids could tresspass and fall down a manhole.

Thirdly, the developers who built them are gone bust and want nothing to do with them....

Need i go on?

"Because there built in the middle of nowhere and never should have got planning.

That and you'd be surprised how fussy some people on housing lists can be "

i doubt tht!theres not many ppl tht wud turn dwn the chance of a house nowadays even if it was in the arse end of no were

"Because there built in the middle of nowhere and never should have got planning.

i doubt tht!theres not many ppl tht wud turn dwn the chance of a house nowadays even if it was in the arse end of no were "

Why doubt that? Why would people want to live in an area which has no public transport or any local facilities & fock all job prospects.

All of Which ppl on these housing lists need/require.

Most would not own/can afford a car so what good is a house in the arse end of nowhere to them?

i doubt tht!theres not many ppl tht wud turn dwn the chance of a house nowadays even if it was in the arse end of no were

Why doubt that? Why would people want to live in an area which has no public transport or any local facilities & fock all job prospects.

Most would not own/can afford a car so what good is a house in the arse end of nowhere to them?"

its a place to live isnt it?sum ppl cant be tht choosey!and not all empty houses are in the middle of nowere!sum are in areas with public transport and schools!as for job prospects,there doesnt seem to many in any areas at all

Most would not own/can afford a car so what good is a house in the arse end of nowhere to them?

its a place to live isnt it?sum ppl cant be tht choosey!and not all empty houses are in the middle of nowere!sum are in areas with public transport and schools!as for job prospects,there doesnt seem to many in any areas at all "

The majority of the estates houses are not even built sure so how can people live in them?? Reason these first 40 are so estates are being bulldozed or deconstructed is because they are in rural areas with no public transport or local facilities. Have you even read up on this?

As for job prospects there has been numerous new job announcements in the last few weeks.

Take the 700 jobs in Deutsche Bank earmarked in Dublin for example.

its a place to live isnt it?sum ppl cant be tht choosey!and not all empty houses are in the middle of nowere!sum are in areas with public transport and schools!as for job prospects,there doesnt seem to many in any areas at all

The majority of the estates houses are not even built sure so how can people live in them?? Reason these first 40 are so estates are being bulldozed or deconstructed is because they are in rural areas with no public transport or local facilities. Have you even read up on this?

As for job prospects there has been numerous new job announcements in the last few weeks.

"

i wasnt only talking about those houses i was also talking about empty houses in general!theres also empty appartments near were i live tht are complete yet lying empty!theres lots of homeless ppl in dublin crying out for a hme!!

i wasnt only talking about those houses i was also talking about empty houses in general!theres also empty appartments near were i live tht are complete yet lying empty!theres lots of homeless ppl in dublin crying out for a hme!!"

Ok see your point......but that wasnt clear from your posts as OP did mention ghost estates currently in the news for demolishing and that was the topic of replies.

Its not just ghost estates......dont tell me that the half built houses arouund clonee, blanch and the apts under the flyover at tallaght are not needed.....they are,,,

Even in ballygo backwards theres a housing shortage...yep no infrastructure...but theres a basis to start with....

700 jobs in deutsche bank thats great,,,, theres 700 new jobs......i know a lot of construction appprentices...must get them to apply...and when deutsche like bank of scotkand run away......what then!!!

i wasnt only talking about those houses i was also talking about empty houses in general!theres also empty appartments near were i live tht are complete yet lying empty!theres lots of homeless ppl in dublin crying out for a hme!!

Ok see your point......but that wasnt clear from your posts as OP did mention ghost estates currently in the news for demolishing and that was the topic of replies.

"

one reply was about ppl on the housing list being a bit fussy about were they lived,i clearly just made a point tht im sure theres many ppl tht wud be glad of a house anywere with the way things are going at the moment!

"Its not just ghost estates......dont tell me that the half built houses arouund clonee, blanch and the apts under the flyover at tallaght are not needed.....they are,,,

Even in ballygo backwards theres a housing shortage...yep no infrastructure...but theres a basis to start with....

700 jobs in deutsche bank thats great,,,, theres 700 new jobs......i know a lot of construction appprentices...must get them to apply...and when deutsche like bank of scotkand run away......what then!!!"

"Its not just ghost estates......dont tell me that the half built houses arouund clonee, blanch and the apts under the flyover at tallaght are not needed.....they are,,,

700 jobs in deutsche bank thats great,,,, theres 700 new jobs......i know a lot of construction appprentices...must get them to apply...and when deutsche like bank of scotkand run away......what then!!!"

Yes it is just rural ghost estates, 40 of them that will be demolished if this bills goes ahead. Why as the OP are you know going off topic by mentioning estates in the greater Dublin area?

So if theres a demand for houses in Bally go backwards why are house prices outside of Dublin still falling?? Please explain where this demand is.

Know loads of construction apprentices?? why would anyone in their right mind as a leaving cert student/school leaver from the last 5 years go into construction in Ireland when there are no jobs in that sector. And Deutsche Bank cannot be compared to RBS. Like comparing you as a builder to SISK!!

700 jobs in deutsche bank thats great,,,, theres 700 new jobs......i know a lot of construction appprentices...must get them to apply...and when deutsche like bank of scotkand run away......what then!!!

Yes it is just rural ghost estates, 40 of them that will be demolished if this bills goes ahead. Why as the OP are you know going off topic by mentioning estates in the greater Dublin area?

So if theres a demand for houses in Bally go backwards why are house prices outside of Dublin still falling?? Please explain where this demand is.

Know loads of construction apprentices?? why would anyone in their right mind as a leaving cert student/school leaver from the last 5 years go into construction in Ireland when there are no jobs in that sector. And Deutsche Bank cannot be compared to RBS. Like comparing you as a builder to SISK!! "

maybe u shud be the minister of housing!!

By *irty MurtyMan  over a year ago

my place

"one reply was about ppl on the housing list being a bit fussy about were they lived,i clearly just made a point tht im sure theres many ppl tht wud be glad of a house anywere with the way things are going at the moment!"

Thrust me as strange as it may sound there is people on housing lists who turn down houses till they get one in an estate besides there friend's or one with a bigger garden etc etc

By *eise68Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Who will own the land on these ghost estates once demolished? I was told by a friend 3 years ago that a lot of ghost estates would be demolished? I laughed at him.

And replaced in estates outside of citys by cheap high rise accomodation. I laughed at him. Im not laughing now.

Will it happen? Deutsche Bank are recruiting here at the moment.

People won't live there because theycall them ghost estates and that makes them afraid !

That make sense?

"

one reply was about ppl on the housing list being a bit fussy about were they lived,i clearly just made a point tht im sure theres many ppl tht wud be glad of a house anywere with the way things are going at the moment!

Thrust me as strange as it may sound there is people on housing lists who turn down houses till they get one in an estate besides there friend's or one with a bigger garden etc etc "

Actually thats impossible as most councils offer a system of two refusals and thats it. You can list where you would like and where to avoid but noone is let refuse til they get house exactly where they want

Houses that have been left unfinished like that for a few years can be expensive to bring up to scratch, and there's too many houses around the country like that. So I suppose the councils have to try to decide which ones to keep and which to demolish.

I think that estate was where a little kid died a few years ago, fell into a puddle on the site and drowned.

That may have something to do with why that particular estate was one of the first to be demolished

That and you'd be surprised how fussy some people on housing lists can be "

» Add a new message to this topic