FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Job Opportunities

Job Opportunities

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever turned down work?

I've to be careful not to offend anyone as turning down work in this financial climate is a sin (I know)

I'm a home bird but travel to England every few months working with a club and have turned down full time work there in order to be close to my family/friends etc..

What is life? It's been on my mind for so long. Im caught between two minds.

Are we to be as successful as we possibly can or are we to enjoy it?

Hard to find that balance.

Thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have you ever turned down work?

I've to be careful not to offend anyone as turning down work in this financial climate is a sin (I know)

I'm a home bird but travel to England every few months working with a club and have turned down full time work there in order to be close to my family/friends etc..

Thoughts"

don't know..... been stuck in limbo for while..... you'd think doing something you love should grantee success.....but a las it can grantee poverty lol

I've turned down a few oppurtunitys to work away... But I'm glad I did, I'm happy with my decisions, I get really homesick and down if im away from home for too long...

I may never be loaded but I'm happy and that's what's important to me

"I've turned down a few oppurtunitys to work away... But I'm glad I did, I'm happy with my decisions, I get really homesick and down if im away from home for too long...

I may never be loaded but I'm happy and that's what's important to me "

Yeah thats similar to me. Ive tried and lived in Canada/Africa (twice) but keep coming home.

"I've turned down a few oppurtunitys to work away... But I'm glad I did, I'm happy with my decisions, I get really homesick and down if im away from home for too long...

I may never be loaded but I'm happy and that's what's important to me

Yeah thats similar to me. Ive tried and lived in Canada/Africa (twice) but keep coming home.

"

I've been in london and Spain so not that far....

I have worked In London and by god those English women love the irish

"I have worked In London and by god those English women love the irish "

Yeah the Donegal Accent goes down a treat

been offered a good job in australia but its too far away ... theres more to life than money ...

I'm a believer in that you work to live, not live to work. If i can keep myself fed, clothed and a roof over my head and the company of my friends, then everything else is a bonus.

Mind you, i'm trying to move back to dublin this year and i'm not looking forward to the job hunt.

"been offered a good job in australia but its too far away ... theres more to life than money ..."

Agree completely

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Ive lived abroad for years n done bit of travelling and only came back to settle n have kids.if I didn't have any id b gone still.travelling should b mandatory when young to open your mind and see the world.ill encourage my kids to go.but ill go with them

By *avie tCouple  over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Feel really sorry for ppl that have to move away for work especially if they have kids...but for young ppl with no ties I think it's great for them to have the experience....but life is way to short not to do what makes you happy

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"been offered a good job in australia but its too far away ... theres more to life than money ..."

Theres more to life than ireland 2

Ive been offered plenty of jobs which i have turned down to be a mammy.but i have travelled and done all that so im just taking a break for a few years.will be leaving ireland in a couple of years and am looking forward to that

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I was offered a blow job in Cork earlier today. He was ugly though.

Have done the same and lived abroad for over 5 years with work but alas I'm a home bird. But I'm continually offered jobs abroad but feel they won't make me truly happy in the life I choose to live

"I was offered a blow job in Cork earlier today. He was ugly though. "

Couldn't be any uglier than my last one

Back in the 80s

Though I didn't turn her down(or on )

"Have done the same and lived abroad for over 5 years with work but alas I'm a home bird. But I'm continually offered jobs abroad but feel they won't make me truly happy in the life I choose to live"

Well said

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I find it sad people leaving the country to find work or better job opportunities

I was lucky enough when I left school I got a job in a well know telecommunications company..I did some travelling work wise and was giving great opportunities..

even turned down promotion when I became a mummy. But my younger relatives five of them are currently in Australia working would return home in a heartbeat but opportunities is where they are .sad really.

"I was offered a blow job in Cork earlier today. He was ugly though. "
at least someone offered

"I find it sad people leaving the country to find work or better job opportunities

I was lucky enough when I left school I got a job in a well know telecommunications company..I did some travelling work wise and was giving great opportunities..

even turned down promotion when I became a mummy. But my younger relatives five of them are currently in Australia working would return home in a heartbeat but opportunities is where they are .sad really. "

I'm 24 and out of my class of 30 at school there's 3 of us left in Ireland...

By *omcattyMan  over a year ago

Local

Everyone should get out of the country for a few years ireland's a very insular place,as they say travel broadens the mind,,

[Removed by poster at 25/02/14 14:09:51]

I was also offered a blow job but it would affect my dole so I turned down the offer

On a more serious note

Travelling to England for work is not all that bad

It's only an hour on a flight you could come home once a month I'm sure family and friends will still be here

Don't have "what ifs" just go do it and u will soon realise if its for u or not

Nothing ventured nothing gained

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"I was offered a blow job in Cork earlier today. He was ugly though. at least someone offered "

Ouch... That hurt!

"On a more serious note

Travelling to England for work is not all that bad

It's only an hour on a flight you could come home once a month I'm sure family and friends will still be here

Don't have "what ifs" just go do it and u will soon realise if its for u or not

Nothing ventured nothing gained "

Unfortunately this is why me and the other half live in different parts of the country. He has to work in England as there is no work for him here

It's either do that or sit on the dole, and with children and grandchildren and parents all needing help, that is not an option

"I was offered a blow job in Cork earlier today. He was ugly though. at least someone offered

Ouch... That hurt! "

oh i doubt that....

"I was also offered a blow job but it would affect my dole so I turned down the offer "

!!!!

Great responses folks

Thoughts"

im in a bit of a dilemma at the moment!im still in the same job(workplace) but training in a new position which is much harder and more stressful than my last job!now i woudnt mind as much but im still on the same wage!my boss is a bit of a skinflint!i said id try it and see how i get on,its experience if anything,now im thinking if i say i dont like the new position,is my boss obligated to give me my old job bak i wonder?

there's no right or wrong, you do what feels right for you.

I never thought I'd live in Ireland for so long. I don't miss my country or the life I had back home, but sometimes I miss my family terribly. I could go home and earn much more money etc but I prefer it here.

My town

Thoughts

im in a bit of a dilemma at the moment!im still in the same job(workplace) but training in a new position which is much harder and more stressful than my last job!now i woudnt mind as much but im still on the same wage!my boss is a bit of a skinflint!i said id try it and see how i get on,its experience if anything,now im thinking if i say i dont like the new position,is my boss obligated to give me my old job bak i wonder?"

ask him for a trial basis classy

Thoughts

im in a bit of a dilemma at the moment!im still in the same job(workplace) but training in a new position which is much harder and more stressful than my last job!now i woudnt mind as much but im still on the same wage!my boss is a bit of a skinflint!i said id try it and see how i get on,its experience if anything,now im thinking if i say i dont like the new position,is my boss obligated to give me my old job bak i wonder?ask him for a trial basis classy "

yea i told him tht id see how i got on but im just assuming tht legally he wud have to give me my other position bak if i didnt like the new one or found it too sressful

My town

Thoughts

im in a bit of a dilemma at the moment!im still in the same job(workplace) but training in a new position which is much harder and more stressful than my last job!now i woudnt mind as much but im still on the same wage!my boss is a bit of a skinflint!i said id try it and see how i get on,its experience if anything,now im thinking if i say i dont like the new position,is my boss obligated to give me my old job bak i wonder?ask him for a trial basis classy

yea i told him tht id see how i got on but im just assuming tht legally he wud have to give me my other position bak if i didnt like the new one or found it too sressful"

he would have to definitely

» Add a new message to this topic