FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > So fair play to the Greeks

So fair play to the Greeks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fair play to the greeks finally said no to austerity and leaving the EU do you think Ireland should of done the same thing?.How would this now effect the rest of the EU?.

Please feel free to discuss?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its hard to predict how it will go but i hope it works out for them,sound bunch

Ireland stand up to the eu?never gona happen!

"Its hard to predict how it will go but i hope it works out for them,sound bunch

Ireland stand up to the eu?never gona happen!"

just seen sky news the greeks have the right some of there policys look fairly good.

Can't see them doing it Biggles, they need another few billion next month from somewhere.

They are looking to get 50% of there debt written off....wonder if i ring my bank today and ask,what would they say?

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

Talk is talk.

Actions is much harder, when there is not any cash to pay the workers.

If he cant get a writedown on their debts he is doomed when the cash runs out.

We had to/are suck/ing it up, so should they.

By *ukkakewhoreWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Fair play to the greeks finally said no to austerity and leaving the EU do you think Ireland should of done the same thing?.How would this now effect the rest of the EU?.

Please feel free to discuss?."

I'm delighted that someone stood up to austerity. Cue the fat cats of Europe scaremongering about how the left is "dangerous" and they have "no economic policy". Endanger Kenny spouts the same tripe when parties of the left make political gains here. Syriaza's policy can't be much worse than the austerity enforced on Greece which has led to an unemployment rate of 28% and chronic poverty and desperation. People here won't stand up to the likes of Christine Legarde who was here 2 weeks ago patting Enda Kenny on the head telling us how great we are for putting up with their crippling austerity. Austerity works for the super rich and nobody else!!

We should stand up and be counted and say no to this bloody austerity! I say we follow the lead of the greeks!! I hope many more will follow after! I wish them well!

Just a note. I'm no expert but isn't a radical left government a little worrying? Aren't they against the society we live in?

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Just a note. I'm no expert but isn't a radical left government a little worrying? Aren't they against the society we live in?"

but they are in coalition with some far rights so that will be funny

Dublin

"Just a note. I'm no expert but isn't a radical left government a little worrying? Aren't they against the society we live in?"

Not at all we as a nation were born out of the left as a democracy where all people regardless of race colour or religion are afforded the same rights and respect. They aren't against the society we live in but are against the society that we have become where the rich get richer off the work of the middle and lower income earners. This is a good move for Greece and will make the puppet governments of the European decision makers think twice about taking every last penny off the workers in order to keep funding the gambling habits of their banker buddies which, as you may have noticed, is exactly what's happening in Ireland today

they signed a deal with the right wing i think.did anyone see the story in the paper the other day they reckon that one in ten minsters and tds in tjis country aee behind with there house repayments yea right lol.

"Just a note. I'm no expert but isn't a radical left government a little worrying? Aren't they against the society we live in?

Not at all we as a nation were born out of the left as a democracy where all people regardless of race colour or religion are afforded the same rights and respect. They aren't against the society we live in but are against the society that we have become where the rich get richer off the work of the middle and lower income earners. This is a good move for Greece and will make the puppet governments of the European decision makers think twice about taking every last penny off the workers in order to keep funding the gambling habits of their banker buddies which, as you may have noticed, is exactly what's happening in Ireland today "

So they are against the society we live in then, how did the rest of Europe fare with far left governments in the past? Even Russia gave it up.

Dublin

"Just a note. I'm no expert but isn't a radical left government a little worrying? Aren't they against the society we live in?

Not at all we as a nation were born out of the left as a democracy where all people regardless of race colour or religion are afforded the same rights and respect. They aren't against the society we live in but are against the society that we have become where the rich get richer off the work of the middle and lower income earners. This is a good move for Greece and will make the puppet governments of the European decision makers think twice about taking every last penny off the workers in order to keep funding the gambling habits of their banker buddies which, as you may have noticed, is exactly what's happening in Ireland today

So they are against the society we live in then, how did the rest of Europe fare with far left governments in the past? Even Russia gave it up."

Every political movement runs its course eventually. All I'm giving you is my view on what I'd like to see try and sort the economic mess we're in and that's a leftist (not radical as you put it) government. Just my view you're quite entitled to keep ping ponging from Fianna Fáil to Fine Gael if that works for you. I can't see how this crowd in Greece can make their situation any worse than the mess they're in. Thankfully our situation isn't anywhere near that but it certainly is time to change how things are done here.

» Add a new message to this topic