FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > lies on profiles and time wasters

lies on profiles and time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We have found that an extraordinary amount of people on here lie on their profiles. It can be from age to smoking to not stating if their bi or not.

We have even come across people who don't know the meaning of mmf or ffm.

It is smart for people to be discreet, but why are people so so dishonest and "chancers"

Our last very recent meet was totally disappointing and we travelled and hotel costs in addition to wasting our time !! Incredible! !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We would tend to steer clear of people like that

"We have found that an extraordinary amount of people on here lie on their profiles. It can be from age to smoking to not stating if their bi or not.

It is smart for people to be discreet, but why are people so so dishonest and "chancers"

Our last very recent meet was totally disappointing and we travelled and hotel costs in addition to wasting our time !! Incredible! !!

"

......how do you chat to people? ....

"We would tend to steer clear of people like that"

Unfortunately. Easier said than done !!!!! We try to be cautious but all of us have to rely on what people tell us ... and then when we meet in person the lies and dishonesty becomes apparent! !!

"We would tend to steer clear of people like that

Unfortunately. Easier said than done !!!!! We try to be cautious but all of us have to rely on what people tell us ... and then when we meet in person the lies and dishonesty becomes apparent! !!

"

...yes....but how do you actually talk to new fabbers?.. your profile is hidden?

It is unavoidable that sooner or later the online persona might turn out somehow different in face to face contact. Try to see how the selection process could be improved, in order to minimise the risk of being disappointed. In case you are in doubt, it might be better to say 'no thank you'.

Good thing to do is to make as many friends that could become playdates during the meet and greets that take place all over the country.

I am sorry that you were unlucky with your last meet and I hope that next ones will leave much better impression and memories.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"We have found that an extraordinary amount of people on here lie on their profiles. It can be from age to smoking to not stating if their bi or not.

"

Funny - we've found the exact opposite....

btw, what is MMF - multiple morning fucking?

and FFM - female fucking male?

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"btw, what is MMF - multiple morning fucking?

"

An mmf is a money market fund,a low risk open ended portfolio usually involving investing in currency

"btw, what is MMF - multiple morning fucking?

An mmf is a money market fund,a low risk open ended portfolio usually involving investing in currency

"

Thanks Hal,

Me being me, I usually associate everything with sex... I might be a sexoholic so.... NSA is totally for me then - Notorious Sexoholics Anonymous

...yes....but how do you actually talk to new fabbers?.. your profile is hidden? "

A hidden profile doesn't prevent communication with others.

...yes....but how do you actually talk to new fabbers?.. your profile is hidden? A hidden profile doesn't prevent communication with others."

....how can someone contact you if they cant see you?

Hidden profiles can still both send and receive messages. The top tab is still there, the profile just doesnt show up on the whos online setting but can still be seen on forums if they comment.

Its probably easier if you are on their friends list also.

"Hidden profiles can still both send and receive messages. The top tab is still there, the profile just doesnt show up on the whos online setting but can still be seen on forums if they comment.

Its probably easier if you are on their friends list also. "

....There you go....you learn something new every day..

Cannot believe people don't know what mmf, ffm mean. How thick us that. Chancers is apt.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Cannot believe people don't know what mmf, ffm mean. How thick us that. Chancers is apt."

Everyone has to start somewhere. I don't understand why there should be shame attached to not knowing. I can't stand this thing of people looking down their nose at others.

Good post Mick .... Judge not lest you be judged

"Good post Mick .... Judge not lest you be judged "
.....im still trying to figure out how people can see a hidden profile. ....lol..how thick are we?

Lucan

"Good post Mick .... Judge not lest you be judged .....im still trying to figure out how people can see a hidden profile. ....lol..how thick are we? "

You can't, but they can still message you, and you can contact them through their forum posts, as far as I know (reply privately)

[Removed by poster at 29/03/15 10:55:29]

Lucan

"Million miles from been born with the proverbial silver spoon. Just been realistic Michael"

That's not realism. That's putting people down because they don't know something you know.

"Cannot believe people don't know what mmf, ffm mean. How thick us that. Chancers is apt.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I don't understand why there should be shame attached to not knowing. I can't stand this thing of people looking down their nose at others. "

Good comment sir.

"Good post Mick .... Judge not lest you be judged .....im still trying to figure out how people can see a hidden profile. ....lol..how thick are we? "
... Magic

"Cannot believe people don't know what mmf, ffm mean. How thick us that. Chancers is apt.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I don't understand why there should be shame attached to not knowing. I can't stand this thing of people looking down their nose at others. "

"Good post Mick .... Judge not lest you be judged .....im still trying to figure out how people can see a hidden profile. ....lol..how thick are we?

You can't, but they can still message you, and you can contact them through their forum posts, as far as I know (reply privately) "

......its not really a level playing field though is it?.... we have a policy of blocking hidden profiles who look at us......but everyone to thier own I suppose. ..

By *lfieWoman  over a year ago

South Dublin

Most common lies I have come across are related to age, smoking, body type and being well endowed. Very hard to trust a person afterwards if they lie from the start.

"Most common lies I have come across are related to age, smoking, body type and being well endowed. Very hard to trust a person afterwards if they lie from the start. "

I would never fib. Don't need to as I'm gods gift, 6'2",35, tanned, non smoker, fit and masculine, and 7" flaccid.

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

"Most common lies I have come across are related to age, smoking, body type and being well endowed. Very hard to trust a person afterwards if they lie from the start.

I would never fib. Don't need to as I'm gods gift, 6'2",35, tanned, non smoker, fit and masculine, and 7" flaccid. "

Aww.. I got all excited there...

"Most common lies I have come across are related to age, smoking, body type and being well endowed. Very hard to trust a person afterwards if they lie from the start.

I would never fib. Don't need to as I'm gods gift, 6'2",35, tanned, non smoker, fit and masculine, and 7" flaccid. "

.....you have a bright future on fab then....

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

and don't forget to mention your big head

"Good post Mick .... Judge not lest you be judged .....im still trying to figure out how people can see a hidden profile. ....lol..how thick are we?

You can't, but they can still message you, and you can contact them through their forum posts, as far as I know (reply privately) ......its not really a level playing field though is it?.... we have a policy of blocking hidden profiles who look at us......but everyone to thier own I suppose. .. "

But how do you know they have looked at you if there hidden

You can't, but they can still message you, and you can contact them through their forum posts, as far as I know (reply privately) ......its not really a level playing field though is it?.... we have a policy of blocking hidden profiles who look at us......but everyone to thier own I suppose. ..

But how do you know they have looked at you if there hidden "

....the profile name comes up.....when you look at them....ta da.!!!..profile hidden. ...

By *at-cWoman  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

I have my profile hidden because I don't want to seem as if I'm looking for new meets at this time. I have found that putting this on my profile makes no difference and I still get mailed by people hoping to start the process...... so hiding it means people aren't messaging me wasting their time and I don't feel conflicted about ignoring mail from people who have ignored what's on my profile.

I still read the forums and as a result of some posts will go and have a peek at profiles. While I may be hidden now, it's not for any strange reason, my profile will be visible again at some stage and it's a shame that some may have blocked me because I have taken a break from the email feature of this website. Do you think you may potentially miss out in future as a result of blocking without finding out the reason? It is entirely your choice at the end the day of course.

I agree with you we hide ours when work overtakes our fun free time this way people won't think we're time wasters by not meeting hiding our profile is a polite way saying we're not available at the present time for meeting

"I have my profile hidden because I don't want to seem as if I'm looking for new meets at this time. I have found that putting this on my profile makes no difference and I still get mailed by people hoping to start the process...... so hiding it means people aren't messaging me wasting their time and I don't feel conflicted about ignoring mail from people who have ignored what's on my profile.

I still read the forums and as a result of some posts will go and have a peek at profiles. While I may be hidden now, it's not for any strange reason, my profile will be visible again at some stage and it's a shame that some may have blocked me because I have taken a break from the email feature of this website. Do you think you may potentially miss out in future as a result of blocking without finding out the reason? It is entirely your choice at the end the day of course. "

I'm not sure you're aware, but people can still mail you if your profile is hidden

Ballyshannon

I know that, but it seems a lot of other people don't shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

South Dublin

Just use message filters to block dopes, I mean males, if you are taking a break.

Ballyshannon

"I agree with you we hide ours when work overtakes our fun free time this way people won't think we're time wasters by not meeting hiding our profile is a polite way saying we're not available at the present time for meeting"

You managed to say what I tried to in a much shorter post

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

I think the biggest lie on profiles is height.

"Just use message filters to block dopes, I mean males, if you are taking a break. "

Elfie lol some of us aren't all bad

Ballyshannon

"Just use message filters to block dopes, I mean males, if you are taking a break. "

Or equally as simple - hide the profile, it never occurred to me it would come across bad to have it hidden. When I see hidden profiles it's usually women and I just assume it's break time. The UK forum had a post the other day that said they assumed hidden profiles were fake ones I'm definitely not fake but just enjoying the quiet time until summer, it would be a shame that people formed a negative opinion based only on that.

Do what suits you and not what suits others

Ballyshannon

"I think the biggest lie on profiles is height."

this. When Mr. Five-foot-ten turns up I realise I have gone through life without realising I am in fact an Amazon! Then he has the neck to ask 'do you really need to where heels'.

"I think the biggest lie on profiles is height.

this. When Mr. Five-foot-ten turns up I realise I have gone through life without realising I am in fact an Amazon! Then he has the neck to ask 'do you really need to where heels'. "

it's not just here. It's the second most common thing men lie about online.

South Dublin

I found smoking to be the worst lie. I met three guys, all said they were non smokers on their profiles and all of them smoked. And two of those three had lied about their age too, they were a lot older than their profiles said.

"I know that, but it seems a lot of other people don't shhhhhhhhhhhhhh "

Oops!!

Damn it.... (Foot in mouth)

Maybe I should use a ball gag in future

"Just use message filters to block dopes, I mean males, if you are taking a break.

Elfie lol some of us aren't all bad "

Yes, 'we' are....

Hieght , age , body type , why yes I am single , sending pics taken years ago . I do love guys who say athletic on their profile and they haven't worked out or played sports in years .That is why a quick coffee meet is a must . It all ways makes me laugh , what do they think will happen when we meet , oh you are not what you said you were but hey lets play anyways.

"I think the biggest lie on profiles is height."
and age. Sure I lied about it too. I actually made myself one month older

By *hoosyhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

any

"Hieght , age , body type , why yes I am single , sending pics taken years ago . I do love guys who say athletic on their profile and they haven't worked out or played sports in years .That is why a quick coffee meet is a must . It all ways makes me laugh , what do they think will happen when we meet , oh you are not what you said you were but hey lets play anyways. "

You means lies as in they appear to be a stunning 20 year old woman but are really a 50 year old man acting out some kind of twisted head fucking game?

I never realised so many lied about their height until I met a few people and they said "oh you really are tall" like they were expecting me to be short.

"I have my profile hidden because I don't want to seem as if I'm looking for new meets at this time. I have found that putting this on my profile makes no difference and I still get mailed by people hoping to start the process...... so hiding it means people aren't messaging me wasting their time and I don't feel conflicted about ignoring mail from people who have ignored what's on my profile.

I still read the forums and as a result of some posts will go and have a peek at profiles. While I may be hidden now, it's not for any strange reason, my profile will be visible again at some stage and it's a shame that some may have blocked me because I have taken a break from the email feature of this website. Do you think you may potentially miss out in future as a result of blocking without finding out the reason? It is entirely your choice at the end the day of course. "

....we just feel its a one way street. ..if we can't look at you....well we prefer if you dont look at us.....I don't mean you personally. ..but all hidden profiles

I still read the forums and as a result of some posts will go and have a peek at profiles. While I may be hidden now, it's not for any strange reason, my profile will be visible again at some stage and it's a shame that some may have blocked me because I have taken a break from the email feature of this website. Do you think you may potentially miss out in future as a result of blocking without finding out the reason? It is entirely your choice at the end the day of course. ....we just feel its a one way street. ..if we can't look at you....well we prefer if you dont look at us.....I don't mean you personally. ..but all hidden profiles "

You seen to be obsessed with "hidden profiles" . you have gotten off the topic if this post which is "lies on profiles and time wasters " .... (maybe you should start a post on hidden profiles?)

However, to answer some of your queries : This is the first time we have hidden our profile.... We just got fedup with liers. Normally when we start chatting with someone, we will chat to them on here then if things go well and we are all interested in possibly taking it further, we will kik and/or text and chat on the phone. If things are still going well we will arrange a "coffee" meet. At that point there is a certain level of "expectation" .

(what we don't do is show face pics at all - desecration and privacy are extremely important)

To answer another comment: We do not "judge" people.... However in saying that.... this is a swinging site. I understand that people have to start somewhere and we were polite enough to educate people in the meaning of mmf and ffm , mmff etc . But when we did, one of the comments we got back was.... "i don't know if I could be with someone while someone else was watching" .... to me, on a swinging site that's just ridiculous. A lot of people here just want one on one meets and possibly think because you are a member here that its a forgone conclusion that conclusion people are "easy" (to a degree, they are probably right lol) ... but the point is, they are not interested in "swinging" they are just interested in getting a no strings easy fuck and have no intention of "swinging"

Anyway , the above is to answer some questions that went "off topic" - "lies on profiles and time wasters "

A level of trust is required when one invites someone or a couple to join ye for sex. Once a relevant and fundamental lie is found out, how can one "trust".... this has a further impact on discretion and privacy.

This is just my 2 cents worth and a FYI.

Lucan

I still read the forums and as a result of some posts will go and have a peek at profiles. While I may be hidden now, it's not for any strange reason, my profile will be visible again at some stage and it's a shame that some may have blocked me because I have taken a break from the email feature of this website. Do you think you may potentially miss out in future as a result of blocking without finding out the reason? It is entirely your choice at the end the day of course. ....we just feel its a one way street. ..if we can't look at you....well we prefer if you dont look at us.....I don't mean you personally. ..but all hidden profiles

You seen to be obsessed with "hidden profiles" . you have gotten off the topic if this post which is "lies on profiles and time wasters " .... (maybe you should start a post on hidden profiles?)

However, to answer some of your queries : This is the first time we have hidden our profile.... We just got fedup with liers. Normally when we start chatting with someone, we will chat to them on here then if things go well and we are all interested in possibly taking it further, we will kik and/or text and chat on the phone. If things are still going well we will arrange a "coffee" meet. At that point there is a certain level of "expectation" .

(what we don't do is show face pics at all - desecration and privacy are extremely important)

To answer another comment: We do not "judge" people.... However in saying that.... this is a swinging site. I understand that people have to start somewhere and we were polite enough to educate people in the meaning of mmf and ffm , mmff etc . But when we did, one of the comments we got back was.... "i don't know if I could be with someone while someone else was watching" .... to me, on a swinging site that's just ridiculous. A lot of people here just want one on one meets and possibly think because you are a member here that its a forgone conclusion that conclusion people are "easy" (to a degree, they are probably right lol) ... but the point is, they are not interested in "swinging" they are just interested in getting a no strings easy fuck and have no intention of "swinging"

Anyway , the above is to answer some questions that went "off topic" - "lies on profiles and time wasters "

A level of trust is required when one invites someone or a couple to join ye for sex. Once a relevant and fundamental lie is found out, how can one "trust".... this has a further impact on discretion and privacy.

This is just my 2 cents worth and a FYI. "

2 cents worth? That's at least 64 cents worth!

[Removed by poster at 30/03/15 09:57:23]

We aren't obsessed with hidden profiles. ....we merely asked how do new people see you or msg you....the conversation developed from that....as happens a lot on threads ....everyone gets msgs every day from people professing to be bi....who are straight on their profile. ...as for people not knowing abbreviations. ...bit petty really. ...we won't hijack your post anymore....have a good day

"We aren't obsessed with hidden profiles. ....we merely asked how do new people see you or msg you....the conversation developed from that....as happens a lot on threads ....everyone gets msgs every day from people professing to be bi....who are straight on their profile. ...as for people not knowing abbreviations. ...bit petty really. ...we won't hijack your post anymore....have a good day "

You don't appear to get the point... With regard to abbreviations :- As I said above..."I understand that people have to start somewhere and we were polite enough to educate people in the meaning of mmf and ffm , mmff etc . But when we did, one of the comments we got back was.... "i don't know if I could be with someone while someone else was watching" .... "

This is a "swinging" website . For open minded people who enjoy sexy fun. It appears to have been hijacked by a lot of people who have no interest in swinging and or people who feel the need to lie to get to meet others. And if they actually get the meet, they are hoping or chancing that 'seeing as they are there..... something may happen'

This post was just a general discussion on dishonesty on profiles and time wasters.

"We aren't obsessed with hidden profiles. ....we merely asked how do new people see you or msg you....the conversation developed from that....as happens a lot on threads ....everyone gets msgs every day from people professing to be bi....who are straight on their profile. ...as for people not knowing abbreviations. ...bit petty really. ...we won't hijack your post anymore....have a good day

You don't appear to get the point... With regard to abbreviations :- As I said above..."I understand that people have to start somewhere and we were polite enough to educate people in the meaning of mmf and ffm , mmff etc . But when we did, one of the comments we got back was.... "i don't know if I could be with someone while someone else was watching" .... "

This is a "swinging" website . For open minded people who enjoy sexy fun. It appears to have been hijacked by a lot of people who have no interest in swinging and or people who feel the need to lie to get to meet others. And if they actually get the meet, they are hoping or chancing that 'seeing as they are there..... something may happen'

This post was just a general discussion on dishonesty on profiles and time wasters. "

I don't see why you have to justify a hidden profile at the end of the day it's all down to you and no one else

"We aren't obsessed with hidden profiles. ....we merely asked how do new people see you or msg you....the conversation developed from that....as happens a lot on threads ....everyone gets msgs every day from people professing to be bi....who are straight on their profile. ...as for people not knowing abbreviations. ...bit petty really. ...we won't hijack your post anymore....have a good day

This post was just a general discussion on dishonesty on profiles and time wasters.

I don't see why you have to justify a hidden profile at the end of the day it's all down to you and no one else"

....I never said they had to justify a hidden profile. ...as for politely educating people. ...

I don't see why you have to justify a hidden profile at the end of the day it's all down to you and no one else....I never said they had to justify a hidden profile. ...as for politely educating people. ... "

I never said you did lol

"as for politely educating people. ... "

What dose that mean?

"as for politely educating people. ...

What dose that mean?

"

....you may be wasting your time. .

What dose that mean?

....you may be wasting your time. . "

I know....

What dose that mean?

....you may be wasting your time. .

I know.... "

There's plenty out there that know what they're doing too so you take the good with the bad

[Removed by poster at 30/03/15 12:41:39]

I agree you should never feel bad for doing what's right for you

What's the first??

Lucan

"What's the first??"

What's the first what?

"What's the first??"

The egg.

"What's the first??

The egg."

yup the proto-chicken came first and laid a normal chicken egg and the chicken was born

Lucan

"What's the first??

The egg.

yup the proto-chicken came first and laid a normal chicken egg and the chicken was born"

But... But... But... Oh never mind

'curvy'

The classical definition is a narrow waist, wide hips and ample boobs.

» Add a new message to this topic