FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Self Esteem

Self Esteem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It was said to me tonight that I derive self esteem from my ability to get men to meet me.

Are we all guilty of that?

Is it so wrong to feel a little bit better about ourselves because someone finds us attractive or physically pleasing to them?

Obviously self esteem should be built on more than our physical looks.

Is Fab good or bad for self esteem?

I've found it to be both over my time here. The little ego boosts are enjoyable for a while until you realise that some people will say anything to get in your underwear.

When does taking a compliment feel real again after being on Fab?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Whoever said that you is a plonker ! . I think most of us are well aware that "compliments" doled out on fab should be taken with a large pinch of salt ! There will always be people on here with the notion that any woman on a swing website must be an ugly munter with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp .. leave them to their deluded opinions .

I'd like to think when I compliment people they take it as genuine.

But I dont try get girls into bed, and my compliments are genuine. So I dunno.

I fab pics cos I like them..

I give compliments when I like people..

Everyone likes to get genuine compliments and there's no harm in that ...

On here just like the real world if people have nothing good to say, they should say nothing...

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"I fab pics cos I like them..

I give compliments when I like people..

Everyone likes to get genuine compliments and there's no harm in that ...

On here just like the real world if people have nothing good to say, they should say nothing... "

I think I'd be gone by the end of the week if people started saying only good things

I happen to agree it can be good and bad for esteem.

As MOF said, compliments need be taking with a big pinch of salt. Otherwise we would all be walling around thinking we are the best thing ever.

I take most things people say with a pinch of salt with regards to compliments on here as some are surely chancing their arm but no harm feeling good about yourself.You shouldn't need anyone to make you feel that way .

Very hard to like anyone if you don't like yourself

From a relative newbie point of view I think the site is bad for self-esteem. From deleted emails, to no or poor response. I thought people are here to explore another side of there sex life,and the best way is to attempt to spark conversation, but people block or delete your attempt.An no I don't ask for sex or send a dick pic. Just want to try and meet and chat.

Its not just compliments that need to be taken with a pinch of salt on here its pretty much anything any man says!!!! ye all really....

It's hit and miss, as mentioned a lot of mails go unanswered and comments ignored..

on the flip side i discovered my confidence in my oral abilities are not misplaced annd a surprising amount of people like my arse

all in all I reckon I break even on fab

I give compliments where its due dosent mean i want to jump into bed with someone oh im suppose thats wrong to.

By *randub69Man  over a year ago

city

"Its not just compliments that need to be taken with a pinch of salt on here its pretty much anything any man says!!!! ye all really.... "

"It was said to me tonight that I derive self esteem from my ability to get men to meet me.

Is it so wrong to feel a little bit better about ourselves because someone finds us attractive or physically pleasing to them?

I've found it to be both over my time here. The little ego boosts are enjoyable for a while until you realise that some people will say anything to get in your underwear.

When does taking a compliment feel real again after being on Fab?"

it's always good to feel good about yourself, compliments are good when they come from those that you like I wouldn't pay any heed to anyone who said that to you though

By *lfieWoman  over a year ago

South Dublin

"I happen to agree it can be good and bad for esteem.

As MOF said, compliments need be taking with a big pinch of salt. Otherwise we would all be walling around thinking we are the best thing ever. "

I know I am the best thing ever.

Don't believe the compliments, laugh at the insults, if you need other people to build you up, life here is going to be tough.

Yeah it's always nice to hear or pay a compliment but without meaning it's banal.

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

When I met Apples first of all I was besotted....

Every little detail of her was perfect to me and made me smile....

So I kept telling her so....

She said I was "cheesy"...

And would preface every compliment I gave her with the phrase

" cream cheese"

After a while, where I was mentally restraining myself from complimenting her....

She responded by asking where the cheese had gone...she missed it...

Well it's back!! and I still think she's perfect...For the record

"Don't believe the compliments, laugh at the insults, if you need other people to build you up, life here is going to be tough.

Yeah it's always nice to hear or pay a compliment but without meaning it's banal."

Exactly this...

I think if you know yourself well enough and know from growing up what makes you what you are as in your personality your smile your charm your wit etc then you can take the compliment as it's meant. Nobody is going to be everybody's cup of tea and some men will say everything and anything to get ya to bed it's up to you who you choose to believe though. Be yourself I think your a lovely person

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"When I met Apples first of all I was besotted....

" cream cheese"

After a while, where I was mentally restraining myself from complimenting her....

"

Awww well arent you sweet!!!'

"I think if you know yourself well enough and know from growing up what makes you what you are as in your personality your smile your charm your wit etc then you can take the compliment as it's meant. Nobody is going to be everybody's cup of tea and some men will say everything and anything to get ya to bed it's up to you who you choose to believe though. Be yourself I think your a lovely person "

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

" cream cheese"

Awww well arent you sweet!!!' "

Another compliment?

And yes I am...lol

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

" cream cheese"

Awww well arent you sweet!!!'

Another compliment?

And yes I am...lol"

A definite compliment

"Don't believe the compliments, laugh at the insults, if you need other people to build you up, life here is going to be tough.

Yeah it's always nice to hear or pay a compliment but without meaning it's banal."

This. Totally agree. Especially laugh at the insults as they will otherwise destroy your self esteem. And enjoy basking in the sun even if you know it is just a moment of pride.

Yeah it's always nice to hear or pay a compliment but without meaning it's banal.

This. Totally agree. Especially laugh at the insults as they will otherwise destroy your self esteem. And enjoy basking in the sun even if you know it is just a moment of pride."

Totally agree too. The ones who tear me to shreds are funnily enough the people who've never met me or uttered a word to me, could I give any less of a fuck? No. Sure we're only here for a giggle,who doesn't like a compliment but we all know what's bullshit and what's not, I won't let someone I wouldn't look up or down at in the street destroy my self esteem.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It was more the comment on how I build my self esteem that bothered me more so than whether or not to believe the compliment.

Sure it's nice when someone shows up and likes how you look but that's not how I gain self esteem.

"I happen to agree it can be good and bad for esteem.

As MOF said, compliments need be taking with a big pinch of salt. Otherwise we would all be walling around thinking we are the best thing ever.

I know I am the best thing ever. "

....your the best thing ever lego.....After me...lol

I think self esteem grows with confidence over time.

I really don't care what anyone thinks of me , my life, my choices , no ones business but mine . Happiness is a choice . I have no time for negative people .

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

"It was said to me tonight that I derive self esteem from my ability to get men to meet me.

Is it so wrong to feel a little bit better about ourselves because someone finds us attractive or physically pleasing to them

When does taking a compliment feel real again after being on Fab?"

Be very careful who you listen to.

I was recently told that my fab "career" would soon be over as i'm getting old. That the quality of the men attracted to me would diminish...and i'd be let down more and more and over looked for the younger women as thats the way men are.. and that was from a man!

Eah.. yeah.. whatever... jog on sunshine

Is it so wrong to feel a little bit better about ourselves because someone finds us attractive or physically pleasing to them

I was recently told that my fab "career" would soon be over as i'm getting old. That the quality of the men attracted to me would diminish...and i'd be let down more and more and over looked for the younger women as thats the way men are.. and that was from a man!

"

That is one of the problems of Fab in Ireland .. A limited playing field what percentage of women in here won't accept mail from guys 50 + ? ... Young lads will always want older women ... But ageism is an issue

"

I wouldn't agree with him there either ginger

I wouldn't agree with him there either ginger "

It would be a shock if you did wouldn't it

It would be a shock if you did wouldn't it "

well it wouldn't be a very nice thing to be agreeing with, was there any need for such a childish remark?

At the end of the day this place is a fantasy not reality, however if this site boosts your self esteem that cant be a bad thing either. If it does then enjoy the boost

By *lfieWoman  over a year ago

South Dublin

well it wouldn't be a very nice thing to be agreeing with, was there any need for such a childish remark? "

Age doesn't necessarily guarantee maturity lim.

well it wouldn't be a very nice thing to be agreeing with, was there any need for such a childish remark?

Age doesn't necessarily guarantee maturity lim. "

it seems that way _lfie

» Add a new message to this topic