FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Senator Norris

Senator Norris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igertiger OP   Couple (MM)  over a year ago

cc hotel

A man who should be rightly proud today...we owe him a lot.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dear jesus give me strength...it never ends

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

He gives me the heebee jeebees, I dunno why.

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Ive been watching Vincent Browne since 4 pm,, david norris was brilliant in his speech! !

Dublin

"Dear jesus give me strength...it never ends"

Banana be nice, its allowing other people have their moment to shine. Dont begrudge them that, if the post doesn't interest you, dont comment. Its fairly simple really as you are a clever man

"Dear jesus give me strength...it never ends

Banana be nice, its allowing other people have their moment to shine. Dont begrudge them that, if the post doesn't interest you, dont comment. Its fairly simple really as you are a clever man "

I would have said its more the fact it has been shoved in our faces for the past 2 months that is the problem

Dublin

Banana be nice, its allowing other people have their moment to shine. Dont begrudge them that, if the post doesn't interest you, dont comment. Its fairly simple really as you are a clever man I would have said its more the fact it has been shoved in our faces for the past 2 months that is the problem "

The same as the divorce referendum was shoved into our faces years ago, its a huge milestone for the gay community, let them have their day, they deserve it

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

[Removed by poster at 23/05/15 18:29:04]

NO ERNIE I'M SOORY LIKE BUT CAN'T WE JUST CONTINUE TO LIVE IN GLORIOUS SIN,I LIKED THE ILLICITNESS OF IT ALL.

Well said MsDirty!!!!!

By *ustjimmykerryMan  over a year ago

Limerick

I always respected him until the story broke tgat he asked a former partner of his to be pardoned of having sexual relations with an underage boy and he asked for the pardon on irish government paper, sorry I just can't look past that, delighted the referendum passed though great day to be from eire

"I always respected him until the story broke tgat he asked a former partner of his to be pardoned of having sexual relations with an underage boy and he asked for the pardon on irish government paper, sorry I just can't look past that, delighted the referendum passed though great day to be from eire"

this

By *lueVelcroCouple  over a year ago

Blanchardstown

Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?

Dublin

"I always respected him until the story broke tgat he asked a former partner of his to be pardoned of having sexual relations with an underage boy and he asked for the pardon on irish government paper, sorry I just can't look past that, delighted the referendum passed though great day to be from eire

this"

True jimmy but he campaigned tirelessly and relentlessly for nearly 20 years for gay rights.i dont agree with his behaviour back then but look at Ireland as the country we are now and not back then. Divorce was unheard of and contraception was illegal. Look at the bigger picture as to how minds have changed and people change. My neighbours grandmother voted yes so being gay isnt a new fashion accessory, being gay is sexuality that was frowned upon until today. The stigma attached to being gay is gone forever and for that alone im thrilled!!

"Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?"
so its ok for one set of people to celebrate but not ok for another group of people to be sick of the celebrations? And I thought this referendum was about equality. Or is that just equality when it suits?

Dublin

"Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?so its ok for one set of people to celebrate but not ok for another group of people to be sick of the celebrations? And I thought this referendum was about equality. Or is that just equality when it suits?"

Bambi dont celebrate if you don't want to! Thats your choice! So why spoil others celebrating if they choose to do so?

cc hotel

"Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?"

respect that's all I can say

"Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?so its ok for one set of people to celebrate but not ok for another group of people to be sick of the celebrations? And I thought this referendum was about equality. Or is that just equality when it suits?

Bambi dont celebrate if you don't want to! Thats your choice! So why spoil others celebrating if they choose to do so? "

Why celebrate in my face when I dont want it? Same thing isnt it? Or should I just crawl under the bed until next week and hope its gone then?

cc hotel

Banana be nice, its allowing other people have their moment to shine. Dont begrudge them that, if the post doesn't interest you, dont comment. Its fairly simple really as you are a clever man I would have said its more the fact it has been shoved in our faces for the past 2 months that is the problem

The same as the divorce referendum was shoved into our faces years ago, its a huge milestone for the gay community, let them have their day, they deserve it "

the young lads on here who profess to be swingers...why are they here?

Dublin

"Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?so its ok for one set of people to celebrate but not ok for another group of people to be sick of the celebrations? And I thought this referendum was about equality. Or is that just equality when it suits?

Bambi dont celebrate if you don't want to! Thats your choice! So why spoil others celebrating if they choose to do so? Why celebrate in my face when I dont want it? Same thing isnt it? Or should I just crawl under the bed until next week and hope its gone then?"

No!!! You carry on your normal life as youve always done! the excitement will calm down but all im asking you is to allow the gay community enjoy themselves

Dublin

Banana be nice, its allowing other people have their moment to shine. Dont begrudge them that, if the post doesn't interest you, dont comment. Its fairly simple really as you are a clever man I would have said its more the fact it has been shoved in our faces for the past 2 months that is the problem

The same as the divorce referendum was shoved into our faces years ago, its a huge milestone for the gay community, let them have their day, they deserve it

the young lads on here who profess to be swingers...why are they here? "

They choose to be here like you do and I do,, freedom of choice at its finest and doesnt impede on anyone else whos here does it?

Limerick

Bambi dont celebrate if you don't want to! Thats your choice! So why spoil others celebrating if they choose to do so? Why celebrate in my face when I dont want it? Same thing isnt it? Or should I just crawl under the bed until next week and hope its gone then?"

I'd say crawl under it and stay there, jesus man are you not happy that all of us are equal or do you think that homosexual people are different to the rest of us

Bambi dont celebrate if you don't want to! Thats your choice! So why spoil others celebrating if they choose to do so? Why celebrate in my face when I dont want it? Same thing isnt it? Or should I just crawl under the bed until next week and hope its gone then?

No!!! You carry on your normal life as youve always done! the excitement will calm down but all im asking you is to allow the gay community enjoy themselves "

Im not stopping them.

Blanchardstown

@Bambi, but like, to find yourself being sick of it on this thread here, you'd have to scroll through the forums, read the title of the thread, guess what it's about, open it, read the topic, confirm that it's about what you thought, and then express how weary you are of that topic. That's effort made to get here, just looks like someone has gone hunting for the parade, in order, solely, to piss on it. Seems miserable to me, but maybe I'm seeing something that's not there?

"@Bambi, but like, to find yourself being sick of it on this thread here, you'd have to scroll through the forums, read the title of the thread, guess what it's about, open it, read the topic, confirm that it's about what you thought, and then express how weary you are of that topic. That's effort made to get here, just looks like someone has gone hunting for the parade, in order, solely, to piss on it. Seems miserable to me, but maybe I'm seeing something that's not there?"

"@Bambi, but like, to find yourself being sick of it on this thread here, you'd have to scroll through the forums, read the title of the thread, guess what it's about, open it, read the topic, confirm that it's about what you thought, and then express how weary you are of that topic. That's effort made to get here, just looks like someone has gone hunting for the parade, in order, solely, to piss on it. Seems miserable to me, but maybe I'm seeing something that's not there?"
Theres 3 threads alone on the first page of the forums. Now that is only today. I havent bothered to look further back but I do remember several other threads in the past few days. So yes, I will look at whats contained in the forums because I am a regular poster on here. On top of that - the local updates section of fab is full of people who are very proud to be Irish. And its all over the TV.

But I am sorry for having an opinion that doesnt match yours. How dare I. Selective equality.

cc hotel

"Jesus, Bananaman, it's a very big day for a lot of people, gay and straight, and unsurprising that people are pretty excited. I personally don't want to hear the words marriage, children, think, the or of for at least another year, but taking begrudging little nips at it on threads on the internet just makes you look like a cunt. If you hate it that much, I wouldn't go out on the town tonight either, there'll be t-shirts and flags and banners and everything all over the place. And confetti. I'd say it'll be good fun, actually. Also, Norris is very good though isn't he?so its ok for one set of people to celebrate but not ok for another group of people to be sick of the celebrations? And I thought this referendum was about equality. Or is that just equality when it suits?"

Bambi with age comes maturity.... one day you won't be a bollix.

Bambi with age comes maturity.... one day you won't be a bollix."

Does condescension come with age too? Thanks for sharing your opinion, you are perfectly well entitled to them.

By *irst officerMan  over a year ago

Naas

Am a little homophobic myself but it's good to see that gay people can get along with there life now.

Bambi with age comes maturity.... one day you won't be a bollix."

Ah yes, the name calling arrives...as inevitable as night following day

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

It's a day that every gay person and been waiting for.

now if it does not suit you or appeal to you than that's your choice.

I for one am delighted and if people want to post about the momentous day I think they have ever right.

Senator Norris is a absolute gentleman,but so are so many people who have been persecuted because of their sexual orientation,but thankfully and finally I think we as a nation should pat one another on the back! It's absolutely fantastic news!! I'm overjoyed xxx

"Senator Norris is a absolute gentleman,but so are so many people who have been persecuted because of their sexual orientation,but thankfully and finally I think we as a nation should pat one another on the back! It's absolutely fantastic news!! I'm overjoyed xxx"

Exactly this xx

Ah yes, the name calling arrives...as inevitable as night following day"

It was rather predictable. That is what people do though when they cannot form a rebuttal during a conversation.

Limerick

"Senator Norris is a absolute gentleman,but so are so many people who have been persecuted because of their sexual orientation,but thankfully and finally I think we as a nation should pat one another on the back! It's absolutely fantastic news!! I'm overjoyed xxx

Exactly this xx"

I don't know guys anyone who tries to protect pedophiles well I just can't stand for it, gent or no gent

"Senator Norris is a absolute gentleman,but so are so many people who have been persecuted because of their sexual orientation,but thankfully and finally I think we as a nation should pat one another on the back! It's absolutely fantastic news!! I'm overjoyed xxx

Exactly this xx

I don't know guys anyone who tries to protect pedophiles well I just can't stand for it, gent or no gent"

I can see your point but unfortunately this is the first I've heard of it so have no idea of the facts so don't feel it fair for me to comment on that

Limerick

Exactly this xx

I don't know guys anyone who tries to protect pedophiles well I just can't stand for it, gent or no gent

I can see your point but unfortunately this is the first I've heard of it so have no idea of the facts so don't feel it fair for me to comment on that "

His partner or former partner was caught in Israel having sex with an underage boy, Senator Norris then wrote on our governments headed paper begging for him to be pardoned, writing the letter was bad enough but to do in on paper that represents us well that's just wrong

"I always respected him until the story broke tgat he asked a former partner of his to be pardoned of having sexual relations with an underage boy and he asked for the pardon on irish government paper, sorry I just can't look past that, delighted the referendum passed though great day to be from eire

this

True jimmy but he campaigned tirelessly and relentlessly for nearly 20 years for gay rights.i dont agree with his behaviour back then but look at Ireland as the country we are now and not back then. Divorce was unheard of and contraception was illegal. Look at the bigger picture as to how minds have changed and people change. My neighbours grandmother voted yes so being gay isnt a new fashion accessory, being gay is sexuality that was frowned upon until today. The stigma attached to being gay is gone forever and for that alone im thrilled!! "

Hang on there Ali

firstly can I say Im delighted the yes campaign won

But David Norris should not in any way be put on a pedestal ever!!

He supported, condoned and asked for lenancy for a convicted rapist (his partner) for the rape of a 15yr old boy

He decieved immigration authorities at the same time

and in his opinion he said and I quote there is "something to be said" for paedophilla.

Sorry this guy is not representative of my gay friends.

Exactly this xx

I can see your point but unfortunately this is the first I've heard of it so have no idea of the facts so don't feel it fair for me to comment on that

His partner or former partner was caught in Israel having sex with an underage boy, Senator Norris then wrote on our governments headed paper begging for him to be pardoned, writing the letter was bad enough but to do in on paper that represents us well that's just wrong "

What age was the under age boy and what age was his partner at the time?

I only ask as if underage is 17 and DN partner was 18 at the time then it's not as harsh as been made out?

"

He supported, condoned and asked for lenancy for a convicted rapist (his partner) for the rape of a 15yr old boy

and in his opinion he said and I quote there is "something to be said" for paedophilla.

"

Fully agree.

Exactly this xx

His partner or former partner was caught in Israel having sex with an underage boy, Senator Norris then wrote on our governments headed paper begging for him to be pardoned, writing the letter was bad enough but to do in on paper that represents us well that's just wrong

I only ask as if underage is 17 and DN partner was 18 at the time then it's not as harsh as been made out? "

The boy was 15

Dublin

this

True jimmy but he campaigned tirelessly and relentlessly for nearly 20 years for gay rights.i dont agree with his behaviour back then but look at Ireland as the country we are now and not back then. Divorce was unheard of and contraception was illegal. Look at the bigger picture as to how minds have changed and people change. My neighbours grandmother voted yes so being gay isnt a new fashion accessory, being gay is sexuality that was frowned upon until today. The stigma attached to being gay is gone forever and for that alone im thrilled!!

Hang on there Ali

"

Yosser I never said he was a representative of your gay friends and I also stated that I didnt agree with what he did. My point was aimed at how irish people have evolved and changed their minds and the milestone achieved today

Exactly this xx

I only ask as if underage is 17 and DN partner was 18 at the time then it's not as harsh as been made out?

The boy was 15 "

And how old was David Norris partner at the time?

Forgive my ignorance but I've never heard this story before

this

Hang on there Ali

Yosser I never said he was a representative of your gay friends and I also stated that I didnt agree with what he did. My point was aimed at how irish people have evolved and changed their minds and the milestone achieved today"

Sorry Ali its just that reading your comment about his 20yrs of campaigning inferred forgiveness. I obviously misread the tone of your txt

The rest of your post I fully agree with

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Exactly this xx

The boy was 15

And how old was David Norris partner at the time?

Forgive my ignorance but I've never heard this story before "

It came out during the presidential election campaign, or rather while he was still trying to get a nomination. I think he may have been in his mid or late twenties? Google might know?

Dublin

this

Hang on there Ali

Yosser I never said he was a representative of your gay friends and I also stated that I didnt agree with what he did. My point was aimed at how irish people have evolved and changed their minds and the milestone achieved today

Sorry Ali its just that reading your comment about his 20yrs of campaigning inferred forgiveness. I obviously misread the tone of your txt

The rest of your post I fully agree with "

two cappuchinos as a punishment for you for our coffee date

this

Hang on there Ali

two cappuchinos as a punishment for you for our coffee date "

No spanking?

He wrote a letter to the Israel government asking for leniency for his then expartner,the boy was indeed 15,David Norris has many times expressed his regret over it but said he loved the accused and he was terrified of the punishment he would receive,it wasn't right but how many times have the government stepped in when irish people are found smuggling drugs from extreme countries...Norris done it,he apologised but he had his reasons!

"He wrote a letter to the Israel government asking for leniency for his then expartner,the boy was indeed 15,David Norris has many times expressed his regret over it but said he loved the accused and he was terrified of the punishment he would receive,it wasn't right but how many times have the government stepped in when irish people are found smuggling drugs from extreme countries...Norris done it,he apologised but he had his reasons!"

Sorry about robbing you there but I had my reasons

"He wrote a letter to the Israel government asking for leniency for his then expartner,the boy was indeed 15,David Norris has many times expressed his regret over it but said he loved the accused and he was terrified of the punishment he would receive,it wasn't right but how many times have the government stepped in when irish people are found smuggling drugs from extreme countries...Norris done it,he apologised but he had his reasons!

Sorry about robbing you there but I had my reasons "

Well have you ever done anything wrong? Regretted it? But done it for reasons beyond your control?

If not fair play...

But I'm human and I definitely have!

Limerick

"He wrote a letter to the Israel government asking for leniency for his then expartner,the boy was indeed 15,David Norris has many times expressed his regret over it but said he loved the accused and he was terrified of the punishment he would receive,it wasn't right but how many times have the government stepped in when irish people are found smuggling drugs from extreme countries...Norris done it,he apologised but he had his reasons!

Sorry about robbing you there but I had my reasons "

Ya saying sorry is one thing but standing up for a pedophile and asking for him to be pardoned I just can't accept it, in my eyes it's just wrong wrong wrong

I've googled and most I came come up with is that he was in his 20s and the boy told him he was 16 when he was actually 15, So possibly a tenish year age gap

Dublin

this

Hang on there Ali

two cappuchinos as a punishment for you for our coffee date

No spanking? "

Only if you insist on taking it!!

Well have you ever done anything wrong? Regretted it? But done it for reasons beyond your control?

If not fair play...

But I'm human and I definitely have!"

I do stuff wrong every day of the week, I'm forgiven for some for others I'm not!

My point is we should be very careful about who we put on a pedestal, and to repeat myself I do not think a guy who thinks there is a place for paedophilla deserves to be placed on one.

don't forget he apologised for his 8 page letter after it was made public.

Blanchardstown

Ah yes, the name calling arrives...as inevitable as night following dayIt was rather predictable. That is what people do though when they cannot form a rebuttal during a conversation. "

It's not selective equality, just about selecting where to argue and where to let people have their celebration. If you catch me trolling the No campaign's commiseration threads with funny gifs of Ronan Mullen being buggered by /mr Slave, feel free to call me out on being a bollox. I'll afford you the same respect. Until then I'm gonna stop derailing this thread, sorry OP.

"I've googled and most I came come up with is that he was in his 20s and the boy told him he was 16 when he was actually 15, So possibly a tenish year age gap"

thats enough if you are 10 and I am 20 don't you think?

It was statutory rape...

He thought the boy was 18...

He's not exactly a peodifile...

Norris is an amazing man,I stand by that comment!

"It was statutory rape...

Norris is an amazing man,I stand by that comment! "

And I think he is a disgrace

Limerick

If not fair play...

But I'm human and I definitely have!

I do stuff wrong every day of the week, I'm forgiven for some for others I'm not!

My point is we should be very careful about who we put on a pedestal, and to repeat myself I do not think a guy who thinks there is a place for paedophilla deserves to be placed on one.

don't forget he apologised for his 8 page letter after it was made public. "

The work he did for homosexualis admirable of tgat there is no doubt, but standing up on paper that represents all of us as a a man who had sex with a fifteen year old boy is inexcusable, he was getting my vote for the presenditial election but after that story broke I lost my respect for him.

And I think he is a disgrace "

Thankfully we live in a democratic country where we're allowed our personal points of view!

Limerick

Thankfully we live in a democratic country where we're allowed our personal points of view!"

Everybody is entitled to there opinion but then again Jimmy Saville could of used the same excuse

"I've googled and most I came come up with is that he was in his 20s and the boy told him he was 16 when he was actually 15, So possibly a tenish year age gap

thats enough if you are 10 and I am 20 don't you think? "

But he wasn't ten, he was 15 and claimed to be 16 and the legal age for sex is 16 in Israel.

I met my bf of ten years when I was 19 and he was 31, that's a 12 year age gap

The man was in the wrong no doubt about it, but let's stick to the facts, he was 15 and not 10 and it was in 1975

Thankfully we live in a democratic country where we're allowed our personal points of view!

Everybody is entitled to there opinion but then again Jimmy Saville could of used the same excuse"

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

FFS

Thankfully we live in a democratic country where we're allowed our personal points of view!"

Here here

Limerick

Here here "

Each to there own but do not right a letter on government paper asking for a pedophile to be pardoned, imagine if it was your son

"I've googled and most I came come up with is that he was in his 20s and the boy told him he was 16 when he was actually 15, So possibly a tenish year age gap

But he wasn't ten, he was 15 and claimed to be 16 and the legal age for sex is 16 in Israel.

The man was in the wrong no doubt about it, but let's stick to the facts, he was 15 and not 10 and it was in 1975"

I was just making the point that 10 yrs difference can be viewed 2 ways

badly at the young end obviously, but my point would have been lost if i had said 40 and 50.

anyway We agree on the principal point

The man was in the wrong no doubt about it, but let's stick to the facts, he was 15 and not 10 and it was in 1975

I was just making the point that 10 yrs difference can be viewed 2 ways

badly at the young end obviously, but my point would have been lost if i had said 40 and 50.

anyway We agree on the principal point "

Absolutely

cc hotel

Ah yes, the name calling arrives...as inevitable as night following day"

this isn't big brother.

» Add a new message to this topic