FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Let's make FAB fab

Let's make FAB fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can we make this place better....

Can we make a better effort to get rid of fakes and bullies...

Public humiliation and posting offensive personal attacks has to stop.

The fakes and bullies are winning.

Report and block is no good on the forums when everyone has seen a vile post..

Verification of posters is inadequate..

It's far too easy to set up a fake profile and use it to attack others .

I have ideas to try fix it..

Firstly I think FAB need to log ip addresses so as to limit the amount of profiles to one each.. Obviously couples may have a single too.

Meet verified only allowed to post.

Site supporters only allowed to post... This is not fair on the genuine posters but at least it will cost the fakes every time they get banned.

Please post your ideas...

Let's agree something has to be done..

I'm in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How about people just stop putting so much importance in their experiences on some website and just carry on with their normal lives away from it

Meet only allowed to post?

So basically it would be the same people chatting? Who most likely all have met at meet n greets etc?

"Can we make this place better....

Firstly I think FAB need to log ip addresses so as to limit the amount of profiles to one each.. Obviously couples may have a single too.

Site supporters only allowed to post... This is not fair on the genuine posters but at least it will cost the fakes every time they get banned.

I'm in.

"

IP addresses change all the time on some setups. You can't link an account to an IP or when your address changes you couldn't login.

Just because someone is meet verified or a site supporter doesn't mean they will make a better contribution to the forums.

It's not as easy to achieve as you think.

"Meet only allowed to post?

So basically it would be the same people chatting? Who most likely all have met at meet n greets etc?

"

...not ideal I know but at least it would eliminate a lot profiles set up specifically for attacking others..

...not ideal I know but at least it would eliminate a lot profiles set up specifically for attacking others..

"

Not really. Clearly people who write these threads are 'in the scene'. There's nothing stopping the original Fabber verifying their spoof account.

I'm in.

IP addresses change all the time on some setups. You can't link an account to an IP or when your address changes you couldn't login.

Just because someone is meet verified or a site supporter doesn't mean they will make a better contribution to the forums.

It's not as easy to achieve as you think.

"

...I don't know enough about ip addresses but I assume most here are on mobiles...

Posters being verified or supporters will not make them better contributors but I'd assume the cost of losing their supporter fee when the account is suspended would be a deterrent..

Mobile ip addresses change.

Plenty of site supporters get banned already. No deterrent.

Not really. Clearly people who write these threads are 'in the scene'. There's nothing stopping the original Fabber verifying their spoof account.

"

...agreed.

Sure obviously this is what is happening a lot of the time.. Which is why I added the site supporter part..

I'm not saying I've the answers just hoping someone has..

it's an unachievable goal becuase you'll always have someone who wants to stir shit, someone who doesn't like someone else. It's human nature but I wish we could leave the prejudice behind

...agreed.

Sure obviously this is what is happening a lot of the time.. Which is why I added the site supporter part..

I'm not saying I've the answers just hoping someone has.."

At least you're making suggestions rather than everyone else. Fair play

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

...agreed.

I'm not saying I've the answers just hoping someone has.."

You think a losing a few quid will be a deterrent? God bless your innocence!

Do you want us non site supporters to leave now or do we get a few days notice?

...agreed.

Do you want us non site supporters to leave now or do we get a few days notice? "

I hate the elitist assumption that only non verified, non paying members are capable of stirring shit and posting nasty comments. It's pretty clear from some of the 'outings' posted that they're by people 'in the know' and as such, these people are neither new nor unverified on another regular profile.

...agreed.

Do you want us non site supporters to leave now or do we get a few days notice? "

...read just the last two lines of my post..

Unfortunately the only cure for it is to grow a thick skin. Sad reality of the virtual world. Let the people who meet you and know you judge you and decide on the person you are not someone who never has met and never will.

By *ustjimmykerryMan  over a year ago

Limerick

"Unfortunately the only cure for it is to grow a thick skin. Sad reality of the virtual world. Let the people who meet you and know you judge you and decide on the person you are not someone who never has met and never will. "

I've never met you but my god I'd say your great Craic and sexy as fuck

By *ardy cowboyMan  over a year ago

every wheat field around Midlands

Going by this thread I think I'm at noting.hang the boots up and retire from fabbing.

Lucan

...agreed.

Do you want us non site supporters to leave now or do we get a few days notice? ...read just the last two lines of my post.. "

I read it but the bit that hit me was the bit about site supporters should be the only ones allowed to post.

The traffic part of all this is that people who stir shit do it for attention and a bit of notoriety/attention. I presume he or she is jumping with delight reading this. Well played!

"Unfortunately the only cure for it is to grow a thick skin. Sad reality of the virtual world. Let the people who meet you and know you judge you and decide on the person you are not someone who never has met and never will. "

.definitely unfortunate and sad...but surely can be improved

I'm in.

"

Don't think you're ever gonna stop it. But fair play for bringing it up.

Things havnt changed and for as long as it goes on then it continues.

It doesn't matter if its a paid member or not.

That doesn't make anyone different

My idea is not to post any comment on a nasty thread, or one that a nasty person/bully tries to bring down to their own level...that only fuels the fire.

Let them have the last word....being ignored will be hard to take, and they'll soon get bored of the lack of attention and move off the site.

So this is the last one of those threads I'll post on.

Lucan

"My idea is not to post any comment on a nasty thread, or one that a nasty person/bully tries to bring down to their own level...that only fuels the fire.

Let them have the last word....being ignored will be hard to take, and they'll soon get bored of the lack of attention and move off the site.

So this is the last one of those threads I'll post on."

Sense!

Im still at a loss as to what exactly is the supposed problem

You disagree with someone, youre a bully

You correct someone, youre a bully

You argue with someone, youre a bully

Someone doesnt like the tone of your post, youre a bully

How about people just stop looking to be outraged all the time

"My idea is not to post any comment on a nasty thread, or one that a nasty person/bully tries to bring down to their own level...that only fuels the fire.

Exactly yolo, I take my own advice and read and comment on the threads I like and ignore the ones I don't and ignore the posters I don't like!

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Today we find out that the majority have shown that they don't care what a small minded minority think.

Couldn't the majority of Fab do the same?

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Lowland im speaking for myself here and I doubt others will disagree. I wish to god.there was some system in place to prevent the assholes ruining a thread. I look at the UK and the size of the country and amount of users that post on the topics that interest them is shameful to say the.least compared to us, as there's rarely arguments, slating another person or any animosity involved. Im at a loss for words at some.of.the comments seriously and it saddens me

Dublin

Exactly yolo, I take my own advice and read and comment on the threads I like and ignore the ones I don't and ignore the posters I don't like!"

Its in actual fact, the only way forward

"Im still at a loss as to what exactly is the supposed problem

How about people just stop looking to be outraged all the time"

... Nothing wrong with a good forum where there's always different opinions.

The bullying is when people have crap posted about them that's of no benefit other than to upset

How about people just stop looking to be outraged all the time... Nothing wrong with a good forum where there's always different opinions.

The bullying is when people have crap posted about them that's of no benefit other than to upset"

Well maybe they should realise where they are and stop telling people personal information about themselves.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

How about people just stop looking to be outraged all the time... Nothing wrong with a good forum where there's always different opinions.

The bullying is when people have crap posted about them that's of no benefit other than to upset

Well maybe they should realise where they are and stop telling people personal information about themselves. "

there posting shit made up shit

^^^^^this!

Lucan

Well maybe they should realise where they are and stop telling people personal information about themselves. there posting shit made up shit "

Yep, there was nothing in last night's post to worry anyone. Oh, apparently I have a thing for "pay as you go" ladies in the Phoenix park. Lol

I believe no matter what happens there will always be ones on here ready to spoil the fun for us here but it's all down to the rest of us just to brush the dirt off the shoulder and step over the shit.. That's my opinion

Dublin

Well maybe they should realise where they are and stop telling people personal information about themselves. there posting shit made up shit

Yep, there was nothing in last night's post to worry anyone. Oh, apparently I have a thing for "pay as you go" ladies in the Phoenix park. Lol "

Im fooking raging I wasnt one of them Mac! Pmsl

By *unstercplCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Unfortunately the culture that has developed in the Irish forum will not be changed easily.

Bullying, pettiness and drivel will continue and will pass on from one forum user to the next one.

So unless the forums are closed down completely all that we can do is continue to ignore the silly posts and report the nastiness from all parties and be thankful of the occasional post of substance that appears...

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Well maybe they should realise where they are and stop telling people personal information about themselves. there posting shit made up shit

Yep, there was nothing in last night's post to worry anyone. Oh, apparently I have a thing for "pay as you go" ladies in the Phoenix park. Lol "

me and fooey had a romance and missd cock blocked us

Lucan

Yep, there was nothing in last night's post to worry anyone. Oh, apparently I have a thing for "pay as you go" ladies in the Phoenix park. Lol

Im fooking raging I wasnt one of them Mac! Pmsl "

I'm heading in there tonight to see if I can find one. I don't think too many ladies hang out in the park though

Dublin

I'm heading in there tonight to see if I can find one. I don't think too many ladies hang out in the park though "

the ladies give their address,, want mine??

Lucan

I'm heading in there tonight to see if I can find one. I don't think too many ladies hang out in the park though

the ladies give their address,, want mine?? "

Fire away so. There's nobody else reading this do it'll be quite safe.

By *ecretly seductiveWoman  over a year ago

Palookaville

Exactly yolo, I take my own advice and read and comment on the threads I like and ignore the ones I don't and ignore the posters I don't like!"

Same here miss lolli....haters gonna hate etc....shake it of and get in with having fun I say

Mrs S

» Add a new message to this topic