FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > admin

admin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So reported to admin about a guy who felt the need to divulge my exact location right down to place name in chat this morning who was then happy to laugh about it when called on it, and hes still up and admin havent done a thing about it, despite reporting to them. People get banned for simple things here but people who flout rules on discretion and other users privacy get away with it almost constantly.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What are the rules on discretion?

That's awful, privacy is so important. I had something like that happen to me on another site. The person who did it was suspended, but not permanently. Presumably, this person knew you, and isn't simply someone who creeped on you and found out your details?

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

its a joke that people can do stuff like this and get away with it especially in chat.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Person recognised me from my cam, rather than doing what was done before and just send a mail to say, he listed it all. Apparently I'm overreacting I've been told but this is something any decent person wouldn't have done.

"its a joke that people can do stuff like this and get away with it especially in chat."

Totally agree i was just leaving when he started and chat was full of people he shouldn't be allowed get away with that, surely it's against some rule but Jesus even common sense tells you that's not right to be doing

I don't think there are written Fab rules on discretion. It should just be expected. But as per my post the other day, people think they can write what they want in chat and get away with it when there's no admin in.

I mistakenly let someone come to my home and his friends are now able to tell me my local landmarks in chat. Lesson learned.

"Person recognised me from my cam, rather than doing what was done before and just send a mail to say, he listed it all. Apparently I'm overreacting I've been told but this is something any decent person wouldn't have done."

Oh god, that's shocking. People like that have no place here

I used love the chat rooms but had similiar experience and totally put me off going in there! Privacy is most important. I know admin have loads to do but i think there should be an annoymous irish admin person in general to deal with stuff. The crowd across the stream get alot more attention

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

I seen it happen in chat, the person gave out phone numbers and address.

It's normally done by someone you fall out with, someone jealous of you with a new person.

Anyway, do you know them at all?

That's frightening

Discretion should be paramount on here

City

Someone mentioned the petrol station I meet at in the chat room before.

"Someone mentioned the petrol station I meet at in the chat room before."

Please don't try make light of this, it's not funny

City

"Someone mentioned the petrol station I meet at in the chat room before.

Please don't try make light of this, it's not funny"

Oh okay, when someone names the petrol station beside my house its a joke and funny, but when someone says an area of one of your friends lives in it's serious?

Anyway, should have just reported it. Now most people in the room at the time will know they spoke the truth.

"Someone mentioned the petrol station I meet at in the chat room before.

Please don't try make light of this, it's not funny

Oh okay, when someone names the petrol station beside my house its a joke and funny, but when someone says an area of one of your friends lives in it's serious?

Anyway, should have just reported it. Now most people in the room at the time will know they spoke the truth.

"

Sorry it sounded like a joke to me, naming a petrol station is a whole lot different to what happened like

By *at-cWoman  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

"Person recognised me from my cam, rather than doing what was done before and just send a mail to say, he listed it all. Apparently I'm overreacting I've been told but this is something any decent person wouldn't have done."

You should request that Admin review his actions after doing a searh of the following headline:

'Woman who arranged for strangers to RAPE ex-colleague is jailed for six years' and ask this be borne in mind when they consider how serious a potential danger it is for other people to let any stranger on a chat room know your location. It's not funny, you're not over-reacting and since it's unlikely anything will be effectively done about it (it may be felt you leave yourself open to this when you show your face on camera although that's not my opinion) the people who were in chat at the time should let him know just how unacceptable it was to do.

Forum chat

private message

Coffee

play

That's the plan I try to stick with

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"Person recognised me from my cam, rather than doing what was done before and just send a mail to say, he listed it all. Apparently I'm overreacting I've been told but this is something any decent person wouldn't have done.

You should request that Admin review his actions after doing a searh of the following headline:

'Woman who arranged for strangers to RAPE ex-colleague is jailed for six years' and ask this be borne in mind when they consider how serious a potential danger it is for other people to let any stranger on a chat room know your location. It's not funny, you're not over-reacting and since it's unlikely anything will be effectively done about it (it may be felt you leave yourself open to this when you show your face on camera although that's not my opinion) the people who were in chat at the time should let him know just how unacceptable it was to do. "

Agree others in the room should have ripped him a new hole and reported him enblock its not acceptable that anyone's details are revealed in chat or private mail

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin don't like things like this so it is wise to report.

Admin get many reports a day so it can take up to 48 hours to go through them, so you need to be patient. I will paste onto the next post what Admin do with reports.

Wherever an Admin lives they deal with the reports the same way.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Here is an explanation from Admin from another thread on how they deal with reports.

******Just a quick note. If people report others and we can verify that they have broken site rules, we always take action (either a first and final warning, partially suspended account, fully suspended, mixture of the above).

Every single report sent via the REPORT link is reviewed. Clearly it's not in our interests to have people on here who are bad for the site. Equally we need to verify what has been reported and be fair to those who have been reported.

Admin

PS. we never provide feedback on what has happened. It's just not practical given that we get 100s of reports a day.

Here is what the page says after a report has been submitted:

--

Your feedback has been saved.

A website admin will shortly review your feedback and take the necessary action. After reviewing the evidence available to us, we may disable an account, remove a user, disable certain aspects of that user's account or issue a warning.

By leaving feedback you help improve the site for everyone who uses it. Thank you.******