FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Irish swingfields

Irish swingfields

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we have been following the swingfields threads on other forums. Do you think an Irish version would work? Would you go to a swing event in a field? Are we ready for a swing effect on such a scale?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hell yeah ill be up for it

Do we have the weather for it?

Id be 'up' for it...could be part of a road trip..lol...

..but no way itll happen in Ireland for another 10 years at least..they cant even let us have a meet n greet in peace!!!

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

I camp out in ur garden

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"Id be 'up' for it...could be part of a road trip..lol...

..but no way itll happen in Ireland for another 10 years at least..they cant even let us have a meet n greet in peace!!!"

so true personally I can't see it happening anytime at all.

Media" lack of people thinking it's morally wrong disgraceful behaviour

Due to the vicious flora & fauna of our beautiful Island, I would have to give it a miss. Maybe a day ticket & a ganzy load of anti-histamines.

Brings back fond memories of the Santry Woods before they built there

I posted on your other thread!lmao candy get tie zirtek out!im up for it kitty.xxx

We have been checking it out too it looks amazing ! We would be well up for it !! Can't see it happening over here tho for some reason !!!

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

"Do we have the weather for it?"

Definitely not, well unless i didn't go. Murphy's law seems to really pick on me.

It would be a gorgeous few days beforehand and suddenly when we arrive, the rain will start pouring.

I'm naive and innocent and don't actually know what this is

This sort of thing has been discussed a few times over the years,and always the same,lots of fabbers showing enthusiasm but no one up to organising such an event

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

im sure if it started of small and grew every year it could work but trying to get a huge event in the first year might prove difficult. there would also be the cost of running an event from chemical toilet hire to insurance it might prove a bit expensive. thats not including all the people that will sign up and then drop out at the last minute. if I had the land id give it a go but without a venue/location there's no real point in even starting.

Great idea but i Ireland is a few decades behind the UK and all the holy joes here would be out protesting telling us well all burn in Hell but yeah id be up for swingfield`s Ireland

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

I know of two couples that have attempted this over the years here in Ireland and just gave up as the numbers wern't there when push comes to shove.

With costs being high to run any event, issues with the media, weather and privacy, lots of people like the idea but when push comes to shove they pull out at leaving the organizers with loads of cost and no revenue.

And given the hassle from the press on some recent meet and greets can you imagine what they would be like over an event like this.

Even Peter Stringfello had to concede defeat in Dublin and pull out of Ireland when he tried to run a lap dancing club, and we cant seem to be able to run a full time swing club here yet either when there are multiple ones in the UK.

Maybe Ireland is just too small for something like this.

I'd be definitely up for. But I think the catholic church would make the government stop it

Ha we put it out there about 2 year ago maybe not as big but something like it ha never again too many people up there own trumpets for starters then u have costs bouncing up and down like a yoyo then u have too think about security safety first aid etc. media rubbing there noses in also finding a suitable location both North an South of the boarder. then u have too pay djs bands power supply then a food stall can't have people going hungry. for all that trouble just so one person or persons too ruin it na I don't think so deffo not worth the hassle. though a little beach party with a Bbq yeah but an irish swingfeilds nope ireland ain't ready for that drama just yet but prove me wrong though

By *orn_ball11Man  over a year ago

Portrush

Think its a Fantastic idea yes but your right alot of over heads ect... is there any swingers out there that are from a farm back ground ? Ie if they had spare feilds & are trust worthy swingers . You could maybe think about that get few huge tents do deal with farmer . Eggs in morning bring a loaf each & makes for a fab weekend....lol

I think I like big beds and fluffy pillows a bit too much

"I think I like big beds and fluffy pillows a bit too much "

Ahem....who are you kidding

If i said i was pitching a tent in me back garden you'd be here in a Flash

"I think I like big beds and fluffy pillows a bit too much

Ahem....who are you kidding

If i said i was pitching a tent in me back garden you'd be here in a Flash "

Sorry....read the first line about you pitching a tent on my wayyyyyyy

I'd always be afraid if someone organised something, that they'd ask for the money upfront and then run away

I know it's a stupid fear, we have some great event organisers, maybe one day Ireland will be ready for this and one of them will start a very successful event

Would be brilliant An outdoor play group date!

The only thing that will work on such a small island....with all the morality here... Let's say I was lucky enough to come upon a party in Hawaii few years ago... They had the normal night club meet and greet mixed in with normal folk who were none the wiser... And also 1 storey/level of the hotel was rented for the night. 35 rooms and a hallway laced with drink etc and jonnies by the crate load..

Now that was a night!!..

I wake up crying at times that its over

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Agreed it would be a major undertaking and would definitely have to be done by someone or people completely trusted by the community as kinglim mentioned much too easy to advance pay and be ripped off by the less scrupulous among the community. Le sigh. Maybe some day

"Agreed it would be a major undertaking and would definitely have to be done by someone or people completely trusted by the community as kinglim mentioned much too easy to advance pay and be ripped off by the less scrupulous among the community. Le sigh. Maybe some day "

maybe in another few years, but I'm glad I'm not alone in the afraid of being ripped off thing

"Agreed it would be a major undertaking and would definitely have to be done by someone or people completely trusted by the community as kinglim mentioned much too easy to advance pay and be ripped off by the less scrupulous among the community. Le sigh. Maybe some day

maybe in another few years, but I'm glad I'm not alone in the afraid of being ripped off thing"

well said

By *ipswingCouple  over a year ago

portrush

was there not one in cork recently....

O yes

By chance, I met the organisers of Swingfields, whilst on holiday in Portugal last year and spent the afternoon/evening with them, at their Villa. They told me there's a very large Irish contingent at it, every year but I think the problem with holding one actually in Ireland now, would be the Licencing, gaining public safety certs and Insurance etc

Throw on the wellies...be grand!

By *.D.I.D.A.S.1981Man  over a year ago

drogheda

"Hell yeah ill be up for it "

I can't see it. Ireland can't even keep a monthly swing club in its capital city well attended. Even if you could get over the legal and technical issues there just isn't enough interest from people who would be willing to buy a ticket.

Great idea but in Ireland it will never happen unfortunately...too many small minds sur being nude is frowned upon nor mind swinging..

By *parkyt500Man  over a year ago

midlands

As somebody suggested to start small...

With all this good weather upon us.... Could a area suitable for camping be found... For food we could do bbq.... Music... Well we could use speakers rigged up some way....

But would people be willing to go camping

» Add a new message to this topic