FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Relaxing and watching the night sky

Relaxing and watching the night sky

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all i was just curious if people ever take the time to stop, watch and scan the night sky .. its totally amazing . Do see a lot of shooting stars and satellites and all strange anomaly's ..

im not sure if anyone here knew but you can see (Venus) and (Mars) every night with the naked eye even an ordinary telescope can pretty much allow ya to look at them clearly . There the two brightest stars in the sky with a third coming into our view at a later time of the night ...

Personally i find it mind boggling the structure of it all,The universe is amazing from wat i can see from my garden so can only imagine been up there in space id say its spectacular .

does any one maybe know of any good sky watching clubs in Dublin / south county ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

You might be mistaking mars for jupiter, it's nice and bright.

it's great to look up on a warm summers night when there's a clear sky.

I think you right john (oops) ..

I know theres three durning the winter and mars was one .. its the smallest of the three.

No were good in dublin to see it with light polution .. so the mountins does be best bet yeno .. be goin caming in next few weeks .. must bye telescope for it

By *ockhard and SweetcheeksCouple  over a year ago

City

I love watching the ISS I take photos of it shooting across the sky it's pretty amazing to know they are hundreds of miles away but yet we can see it with the naked eye it's like a star moving across the sky

"I love watching the ISS I take photos of it shooting across the sky it's pretty amazing...etc"

Ha thats awsome . Unfortunitly i dont have a decent enough camara for proper photos that distance of the things i do see ... Like just imagin what the astronauts are looking back down at.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I love watching the ISS I take photos of it shooting across the sky it's pretty amazing...etc

Ha thats awsome . Unfortunitly i dont have a decent enough camara for proper photos that distance of the things i do see ... Like just imagin what the astronauts are looking back down at. "

My full moon.

I love sitting out under a blanket watching.

City

"I love watching the ISS I take photos of it shooting across the sky it's pretty amazing...etc

Ha thats awsome . Unfortunitly i dont have a decent enough camara for proper photos that distance of the things i do see ... Like just imagin what the astronauts are looking back down at. "

I love seeing the photos they take up there of Earth at night!! there is a FB page called Republic of astronomy!! u should check it out..they give details of all counties that do sky watching nights if ur interested!! Tbh u don't need a big fancy camera..u spend too long trying to get the focus right and before u know it..it's gone!!! I prefer to watch it with the naked eye!!

"

My full moon.

I love sitting out under a blanket watching."

Ha your full moon looks Lovely my dear ...

Full moon looks great but personaly i like the cresent moon

" give details of all counties that do sky watching nights if ur interested!! Tbh u don't need a big fancy camera..u spend too long trying to get the focus right and before u know it..it's gone!!! I prefer to watch it with the naked eye!!

"

O thanks for that ill give them a look ..

Ye i know watching it is great i agree . But i have my eye on a telescope that records images and video lol ... it would be so fun

"

My full moon.

I love sitting out under a blanket watching.

Ha your full moon looks Lovely my dear ...

Full moon looks great but personaly i like the cresent moon"

Waxing or waning?

Waxed and polished

City

O thanks for that ill give them a look ..

Ye i know watching it is great i agree . But i have my eye on a telescope that records images and video lol ... it would be so fun[/quote

iv never looked through a proper telescope to look at the night sky!! I'd say it wud be dacent!!

"O thanks for that ill give them a look ..

Ye i know watching it is great i agree . But i have my eye on a telescope that records images and video lol ... it would be so fun[/quote

iv never looked through a proper telescope to look at the night sky!! I'd say it wud be dacent!!

"

I have just not enough . we could go observatory some time and looked thru theres xx

City

We could do more then just watch irisheyes

"We could do more then just watch irisheyes

"

Couple things id love to do to you laid under the stars xxx

Take ya to the stars

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"I love watching the ISS I take photos of it shooting across the sky it's pretty amazing to know they are hundreds of miles away but yet we can see it with the naked eye it's like a star moving across the sky"

What I find remarkable about it is that it's something like 240 miles away yet everything is so utterly different. If you travel that distance over land the only change will be the accent, yet up go up or down and it all becomes so different. It kinda makes me realise just how fragile our existence is.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Its the vastness of it that blows my mind. How big it all is and how small we are in it

Like the distance between the sun and earth is 93 million miles,if you drew a map where the sun and earth were 1 inch apart,so 1 inch equals 93 million miles,the next NEAREST star to us on this map is 7 miles away.

Lucan

"Its the vastness of it that blows my mind. How big it all is and how small we are in it

Like the distance between the sun and earth is 93 million miles,if you drew a map where the sun and earth were 1 inch apart,so 1 inch equals 93 million miles,the next NEAREST star to us on this map is 7 miles away. "

I've read that before. It's just impossible to contemplate.

By *ipswingCouple  over a year ago

portrush

"Its the vastness of it that blows my mind. How big it all is and how small we are in it

Like the distance between the sun and earth is 93 million miles,if you drew a map where the sun and earth were 1 inch apart,so 1 inch equals 93 million miles,the next NEAREST star to us on this map is 7 miles away. "

is there not a Monty Python song about this..

By *osafewordneededMan  over a year ago

City

When I went down the country on a school tour before I was amazed by the stars compared to Dublin.

Teacher thought I was on drugs cause I was all like "woaaaaaaah"..

To be fair I was on drugs, just not the type he thought.

Lucan

"When I went down the country on a school tour before I was amazed by the stars compared to Dublin.

Teacher thought I was on drugs cause I was all like "woaaaaaaah"..

To be fair I was on drugs, just not the type he thought."

I had the opposite experience. When I came to Dublin I was so disappointed with not being able to see the stars anymore.

Dublin is shit for star watching unless u hit the mountains

Like the distance between the sun and earth is 93 million miles,if you drew a map where the sun and earth were 1 inch apart,so 1 inch equals 93 million miles,the next NEAREST star to us on this map is 7 miles away.

is there not a Monty Python song about this.. "

Yeah. "Come sit on my face and tell me that you love me..."

Lucan

"Dublin is shit for star watching unless u hit the mountains "

Yep, and even at that it's just not the same as where I grew up. The nearest street lights were six miles away.

"Dublin is shit for star watching unless u hit the mountains

Yep, and even at that it's just not the same as where I grew up. The nearest street lights were six miles away. "

Wow, how did you get electricity for the caravan?

Lucan

Yep, and even at that it's just not the same as where I grew up. The nearest street lights were six miles away.

Wow, how did you get electricity for the caravan? "

It was only the posh people who lived in them. Under a tree did us fine.

It was only the posh people who lived in them. Under a tree did us fine. "

(More Monty) ...Under a tree, tha were lucky to have a tree, we lived in a hole in 'ground...

Lucan

It was only the posh people who lived in them. Under a tree did us fine.

(More Monty) ...Under a tree, tha were lucky to have a tree, we lived in a hole in 'ground..."

Well, so did we, truth be told. We aspired to under a tree though, us being social climbers.

» Add a new message to this topic