FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heoldhippy OP   Man  over a year ago

Midleton

Hey folks,

Could I have some advice from couples and Fems. Where am I going wrong in my profile? Before you say it, I realise that the photo is crap and that the age is a major factor. I try to avoid one line messages and to be witty and interesting but there is a singular lack of interest even when I put up a meet in free house with a couple in their mid twenties .

What am I doing wrong??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hey folks,

Could I have some advice from couples and Fems. Where am I going wrong in my profile? Before you say it, I realise that the photo is crap and that the age is a major factor. I try to avoid one line messages and to be witty and interesting but there is a singular lack of interest even when I put up a meet in free house with a couple in their mid twenties .

What am I doing wrong??"

I'm sorry, but the age is the factor, I'm 48 and you're above my age range (I wouldnt go much younger than me either) - unfortunately for you, women are hugely outnumbered here and young men will meet women who could be their mothers....

And why just advice from couples and ladies?

Why not have a look at single guy profiles that are well verified and having lots of interest and fun.maybe take a leaf from their book,especiallyt those of a similar age range to yourself

"Hey folks,

What am I doing wrong??

I'm sorry, but the age is the factor, I'm 48 and you're above my age range (I wouldnt go much younger than me either) - unfortunately for you, women are hugely outnumbered here and young men will meet women who could be their mothers...."

And some ... I stress some women will meet lads young enough to be their sons.

The points you make re the gender imbalance are so true and there is ageism rampant among a lot of the ladies on here ... Just check how many women won't go above there own age.

Op keep on trucking but for the more mature guy FAB in Ireland is a tough call .... A lot less so in the UK I might add. My advice is cast your net a bit wider and travel a little if at all possible

And some girls will meet lads old enough to be their father but I can't see what that has to do with anything. There is no laws against it

The sage of Limerick .....so lucky to have your wisdom in these forums .....

"Hey folks,

What am I doing wrong??"

Unfortunately for us all, attraction is a big factor, and most of us on here know the sting of rejection. Im sure there are ladies near your age on here who would love to meet you. But you may have to travel as previous poster said.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"The sage of Limerick .....so lucky to have your wisdom in these forums ..... "

I love a bit of sarcasm.

"And some girls will meet lads old enough to be their father but I can't see what that has to do with anything. There is no laws against it"

I didn't say there was anything wrong with either - merely pointing out that he is competing with lads less than half his age for the attention of the limited pool of women here.

"Hey folks,

What am I doing wrong??

Unfortunately for us all, attraction is a big factor, and most of us on here know the sting of rejection. Im sure there are ladies near your age on here who would love to meet you. But you may have to travel as previous poster said. "

totally agree ... Rejection is part and parcel of FAB and one has to take it and move on

"The sage of Limerick .....so lucky to have your wisdom in these forums .....

I love a bit of sarcasm. "

Not my favourite herb

I love a bit of sarcasm.

Not my favourite herb "

Ignore it, you may be young but you appear to be more together than a lot of the more mature *cough* males here

I love a bit of sarcasm.

Not my favourite herb "

Makes lovely stuffing.

I love a bit of sarcasm.

Not my favourite herb

Ignore it, you may be young but you appear to be more together than a lot of the more mature *cough* males here"

Thanks I will ignore it, although it says something about some people

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I love a bit of sarcasm.

Not my favourite herb

Ignore it, you may be young but you appear to be more together than a lot of the more mature *cough* males here

Thanks I will ignore it, although it says something about some people "

Careful now, that could be construed as ageism!

I love a bit of sarcasm.

Not my favourite herb

Thanks I will ignore it, although it says something about some people

Careful now, that could be construed as ageism! "

I've no problem with any age here as long as they are above 18

I have to say.. We had a social with the 3 of us setup which you cancelled. You were also invited to both of our recent social nights out in Cork and attended neither. These would have been perfect opportunities to get out there and meet people. You have to take opportunity when it comes.

Midleton

"I have to say.. We had a social with the 3 of us setup which you cancelled. You were also invited to both of our recent social nights out in Cork and attended neither. These would have been perfect opportunities to get out there and meet people. You have to take opportunity when it comes. "

You are absolutely right one does have to get out but sometimes events conspire against us. I have had some marvellous meets and met some great people. Regarding the two socials, I could not attend the first as it clashed with my godson's wedding (for some reason I was expected to attend )

The second is down to me as I had lost the phone you sent the invite on (not your fault) and I did not realise there was an invite until the last moment. That clashed with me having to go to Dublin to mind my (95 yr old )mother for the weekend. I was gutted to miss both.

My memory of the 3 social was that we were all running ragged through work, family and sick kids etc commitments and that the postponement was mutual. I know that it was down to me to get back to you and I apologise that I didn't.

Midleton

Re Belle & Hunter, (who are the voice of swinging in the South!) They make good points and they were the only ones to show any interest in a meet involving a 23/32 yr old couple (as well as yours truly). I suppose I was just having a rant but its great that I can still spark a row! (see above)

» Add a new message to this topic