By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How about just google it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

"How about just google it "

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

That would depend on what kind of cycling you're referring too. Are you going to be going to and from work daily? Going for occasional long distance cycles? You joining a club? Will you be keeping it in a public place? etc etc

Go to some shops, get advice, do your research online and then buy a bike. That'd be my advice anyway

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just thought someone mite do cycling here and wud knw a good brand that's all

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

What kind of car should I buy? What's the best brand?.....

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

BMW

"What kind of car should I buy? What's the best brand?..... "

How big is your wallet

Dont go to halfords go to a good bike shop or gumtree all depends on what u wanna do road ,mountain ,or commute,brand dont guarantee quality as the big brands can do a buget bike right up to one that will cost thousands

Wilder's right..done deal or gumtree...but best advice if your thinking of taking up road cycling is contact ur local club, and ask them for advice re starting up, most likely someone will be selling one, or in most cases have one or two spares sitting around they could lend you for couple weeks to make sure you like it before shelling out..the bike is important but getting the right fit even more so!!!

Buy a giant..... Depending on which style of cycling you want. For full race bike buy a "tcr". If you want to cycle leisurely than buy a 'defy'. Both great bikes. Race them myself and never had any trouble with them. Can't say enough good things about them. For sure the hardest sport in the world. But satisfaction of beating the elements is unreal!!!

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

Cycle Superstore in Tallaght worth a visit, or Eurocycles in Swords as its close to you.

If its just spinning about you might consider a Hybrid which is a cross between a road bike and a mountain bike. It really depends on what you want to do.

If you qualify for the cycle to work scheme you can get your tax back against the value of the bike and accessories up to a grand so you end up getting a better deal.

Felt, Trek, Giant, all do stuff at the lower end which is good value. I wouldnt bother with the likes of Halfords really unless you consider a Boardman which are ok too.

Stay away from the internet sites selling second hand ones especially if they higher end as they may be stolen, unless the owner has the paperwork to back it up that they own the bike.

Go and talk to people, have a look, consider what you want to use it for and go from there. I have 3 bikes all which i ride depending on where i'm going and what i'm doing, and i'm saving for a 4th.

You can spend hundreds or you can spend thousands, really depends on what you can afford and what you hope to use it for.

Great time of the year to be out and about with the long evenings now that thankfully the weather is playing ball.

Good luck with it.

If you are asking about bike brands I'm assuming you're knowledge is pratically zero in which instance i would recommend you go to a bike store...

Most people using high end bikes purchase them online from various places but they know the details like geometry material and equipment levels...

Personally, I've used 10k+ bikes in the past when it mattered but now i make do with a carbon fibre Boardman from Halfords and for what they cost you cannot go far wrong if you want to try racing at entry level!

Best of luck with you're choice and be sure to use specific shoes and pedals and always wear a helmet...

» Add a new message to this topic