FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Social event as a single

Social event as a single

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey folk's just looking for some friendly advice. I have never been to a social event even though I want to go. The main thing that's holding me back is I'm quite nervous going as a single male. I don't want to feel like a spare part being on my own.

Is there any advice you can give or a particular event that's good for singles?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try posting a msg on the thread of the event that your new n wud appreciate a friendly face to guide u, alternatively see if there are pre drinks before the event, and ask the organisers, they normally keep u right x

That's why the idea of pre social drinks goes so well for anyone going alone or as a first timer breaks the ice before the main event

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Try posting a msg on the thread of the event that your new n wud appreciate a friendly face to guide u, alternatively see if there are pre drinks before the event, and ask the organisers, they normally keep u right x"

Thanks really appreciate it

"Try posting a msg on the thread of the event that your new n wud appreciate a friendly face to guide u, alternatively see if there are pre drinks before the event, and ask the organisers, they normally keep u right x

Thanks really appreciate it "

No problem we all have been there xxx

"Hey folk's just looking for some friendly advice. I have never been to a social event even though I want to go. The main thing that's holding me back is I'm quite nervous going as a single male. I don't want to feel like a spare part being on my own.

Thanks in advance "

Don't be theres a great bunch of people always at the socials Ive been to 3 in total and I have to say I never met the most nicest friendliest people going all sound out I love the meets and greets and there is no pressure on you ,always make you feel welcome and its a great way build friendships through fab.

"Hey folk's just looking for some friendly advice. I have never been to a social event even though I want to go. The main thing that's holding me back is I'm quite nervous going as a single male. I don't want to feel like a spare part being on my own.

Thanks in advance "

I have been in your position. Thank goodness my first m&g was made less daunting by a Fab friend. She met me outside and brought me into the pre party drinks and then onto the m&g. She was a life saver!!

To pass her generousity forward I would offer you the same privilige if we attend any of the same m&g's.

I dont know many people but will introduce you to the ones I know so at least you wont be alone and you can have time to find your feet.

Hopefully you might get better or similar offers from those more local. Rest assured though we are a friendly bunch and do want everyone to enjoy their experience on Fab.

Thanks in advance

I have been in your position. Thank goodness my first m&g was made less daunting by a Fab friend. She met me outside and brought me into the pre party drinks and then onto the m&g. She was a life saver!!

To pass her generousity forward I would offer you the same privilige if we attend any of the same m&g's.

I dont know many people but will introduce you to the ones I know so at least you wont be alone and you can have time to find your feet.

Hopefully you might get better or similar offers from those more local. Rest assured though we are a friendly bunch and do want everyone to enjoy their experience on Fab. "

Ah jasus barney your a wee pet

Thanks in advance

Hopefully you might get better or similar offers from those more local. Rest assured though we are a friendly bunch and do want everyone to enjoy their experience on Fab.

Ah jasus barney your a wee pet "

Thanks Jules. I love being your pet. Now can you finally let me out of this cage so I can go home?? Promise I wont tell anyone you have kept me here for weeks.

» Add a new message to this topic