FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Facebook strange goings on

Facebook strange goings on

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone shed some light on this?

Logged into Facebook this morning and a few people who I have met from here at parties in the past have come up in

"people you may know"

How is the connection made with us here and me on Facebook? We have no mutual friends on Facebook either

Not worried or anything but just curious as to how this would happen

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

if your using ur phone mate it can be synced across i get it aswell sometimes.Not really all that worried about it.

All facebook apps across the three mobile platforms read your phone for people whose numbers you have and will suggest them as friends if they aren't already. Only happens if your phone is synced with the app. Wouldn't worry too much about it tbh as long as your privacy settings are all legit.

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"if your using ur phone mate it can be synced across i get it aswell sometimes.Not really all that worried about it."

True if you have they're phone number in your phone or they have yours they will show up. Thats why some people on fab like to use two different numbers for fab and for they're personal life so this doesnt happen

I think it's the Facebook messenger app. If you use Facebook app you can't read messages without downloading messenger. I prefer to use Facebook through my Web browser, and then I can read messages without downloading Facebook messenger. I think it's the app that syncs contacts and shows you people you've been in contact with.

Ya I might have there numbers in my phone somewhere alright

Not worried about it at but just goes to show that the Internet is monitoring almost everything we do.

Some cracking pics in there Facebook albums I might add

"Ya I might have there numbers in my phone somewhere alright

Not worried about it at but just goes to show that the Internet is monitoring almost everything we do.

Some cracking pics in there Facebook albums I might add "

Kik gets around this, no?

Facebook exists to gather and collate information on people.

I was on tagged 2 years ago and last few weeks fuckers of it were adden me even dough i gave them a fake name lol must be the same

"Ya I might have there numbers in my phone somewhere alright

Some cracking pics in there Facebook albums I might add Kik gets around this, no? "

Yep, plus no giving out your number to anyone

I have found a few that have come up on my page but don't contact them so as not to invaded there privacy

Ya we would never add them on Facebook

The people how have come up are party organisers so they had our number. If I was on here without my other half knowing then I might be worried. Something for people to look out for tho

Also have Kik but not too many organisers use it. If I was a single male doing this without my partner knowing it would be fairly stupid to give out my mobile number alright

"Ya we would never add them on Facebook

The people how have come up are party organisers so they had our number. If I was on here without my other half knowing then I might be worried. Something for people to look out for tho

Also have Kik but not too many organisers use it. If I was a single male doing this without my partner knowing it would be fairly stupid to give out my mobile number alright "

I can't see any good reason to give my phone number to strangers on the internet

"Ya we would never add them on Facebook

Also have Kik but not too many organisers use it. If I was a single male doing this without my partner knowing it would be fairly stupid to give out my mobile number alright

I can't see any good reason to give my phone number to strangers on the internet"

Only a well verified and trusted party organiser would get our number

If they ever became a nuisance then the option to block their number is there

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"I was on tagged 2 years ago and last few weeks fuckers of it were adden me even dough i gave them a fake name lol must be the same "

In your case they can be searching your images on the google image search engine. If you use the same pictures on Facebook at you do on tagged

Doesn't only sync your number it syncs your email add too so if you've sent pics via email it connects u too

Turn Facebook sync OFF....

"Turn Facebook sync OFF.... "

Yes boss I just deactivate mine

"Turn Facebook sync OFF.... "

cheers mate didnt even know ye could that.

"Turn Facebook sync OFF....

cheers mate didnt even know ye could that. "

Nor did I

Cheers

By *adinLouthMan  over a year ago

dundalk

Have any of ye experienced any thing else unusual on facebook? Bump into someone you have not seen in ages and all of a sudden they are filling your news feed.

Mention a particular product to someone and you start seeing ads for the same in your time line.

Not suggesting that someone is listening, but some computer program might be.

I'll go get my tin foil hat

You can turn off the adding friends from number in the settings I have it done on mine still logging in with the number but no one can find you with it

» Add a new message to this topic