FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > General Election

General Election

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aid back OP   Man  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

how do people think it will go ? I can't see fg/lab getting an overall majority due to labour being decimated just like the greens and pd in previous elections

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Independants are going to do very well

I don't think labour will do as bad as people make out

I can see Micheál Martin coming out of the closet and marrying Leo Varadkar in power sharing coalition .

Endas going to be a flower girl and to show true cross party unity Joan Burton is going to be a best man, The Sinners are bringing the excise free booze and fags for the gig .

By *ittleman300Man  over a year ago

tralee

Despite all the denials its looking like a ff/fg collation, general election again in 6 months

By *ale4U2Man  over a year ago

Nearby

"I don't think labour will do as bad as people make out "

Support for the party has gone down by 4% to 4% in today's poll ... Set to get worse for them too !!

By *onathan2244Man  over a year ago

carlow

Fg/ff is only hope for a stable government , but leaves sf and a motley crew in opposition ,

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

My butt is on public view.. they can kiss it for all i care

Didnt Enda say hed not go into coalition with FF?... he might yet need to eat his words.

Nearby

"My butt is on public view.. they can kiss it for all i care

Didnt Enda say hed not go into coalition with FF?... he might yet need to eat his words."

If they decline your kind offer, may I take u up on it ?? Lol

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Didnt Enda say hed not go into coalition with FF?... he might yet need to eat his words.

If they decline your kind offer, may I take u up on it ?? Lol"

Might take a lot of kissing... its big..... fairly big!

Nearby

If they decline your kind offer, may I take u up on it ?? Lol

Might take a lot of kissing... its big..... fairly big! "

Lol ... No job to big or to small for these lips

put your house, or butt, on Ff/Fg... there slimy and do anything for power

"Despite all the denials its looking like a ff/fg collation, general election again in 6 months"

Inclined to agree.

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

As far as I'm concerned there is none of them worth what shite that would shoot them, all there promises will be broken with in the first few months , and all any of them will be doing is passing on anglea's policy's

Mr crazy

There all gangsters I love the way there promiseing us everything in the month

Always render tho,it was FF and their corruption who put us in this mess to begin with...

FG tried and failed to set any bar in making improvements just fucked us up even more....

Labour sellout fuckers I so want to slap that Bruton cunt...

SF seem to be the only educated party talking and listening to the people....

I can see independents and the left getting a lot more votes than people think. I hope for all our sakes that ff/fg dont join up. if they do im going to Canada to live. because that's just too much right wing for me to take between church the developers and Dennis Obrien guiding policies we'd be all fucked

FG / FF are going to be heading for there forst ever coalition . The numbers dont stack up for either party to get back into govt otherwise .

The left are 2 disjointed and the main left parties are to Ego driven to actually work well with either , which is a shame for us all ,

Inds will have a huge say if they work together and what party they row in behind , But make no mistkae the IND will work for there constituents and not for the party they prop up

For those that work and earn over 19k .. SF will screw us all for USC for the next 5 years and hand it all over to those that cant be bothered to work

Gerry adams west belfast has an unemployment rate of 52.2% after being a SF strong hold for decades , Sf will reduce ireland to a welfare state paid by those of us that work

"I can see independents and the left getting a lot more votes than people think. I hope for all our sakes that ff/fg dont join up. if they do im going to Canada to live. because that's just too much right wing for me to take between church the developers and Dennis Obrien guiding policies we'd be all fucked"

don't usually write in forums....but oh sweet lordif your going to comment about sinn fein at least have the intelligence to read their manifesto and stop spouting verbal diarohea on the u.s.c...just out of interest where did you get the 19 grand mark?

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's very little difference between FF and FG party policies, their cronyism and corruption. If they join up God have mercy on the Irish people. They'll surely will complete the selling off the country and privatise the air we breath...

well said

1. What I don't get with SF is that they want to heap all the taxes on the rich in Ireland, say they get into power and do it, the rich get pissed off and like Bono move all there accounts overseas what is SF plan b.

2. What the parties are promising to give us when they get into power means nothing,they are going to have to go into a power with another party and negotiate a new government

"don't usually write in forums....but oh sweet lordif your going to comment about sinn fein at least have the intelligence to read their manifesto and stop spouting verbal diarohea on the u.s.c...just out of interest where did you get the 19 grand mark?"
from there budget proposal and the sf cllr at my door yesterday .. anybody on over 19k will be kept paying usc

There was 80.000+ people on the streets of Dublin yesterday protest the injustice the government has put on us and I know that number for fact as I was one of them I even made the 6 one news Fg and labour are on there way out but like what being said there could be a Ff/Fg coalition for the sake of this country hope not the health minister was in kerry general hospital the other day and the staff could not get into the canteen for there lunch as he was in there having his he was there to change the name of the hospital to university hospital kerry at a cost of 50.000 euros money that could gave gone to the hospital or some place else.

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 12:09:46]

so democracy is non exsistant and the rich through blackmail get to oppress us....don't know about you but I certainly think its time we changed this planet and stood up to these animals,its because of that bend over and take it attitude 62 people have the equivalent wealth of half the planets population.

South Co. Dublin

Should be renamed general erection as they're all a bunch of pricks

South Co. Dublin

Should be renamed general erection as they're all a bunch of pricks

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 12:24:26]

"For those that work and earn over 19k .. SF will screw us all for USC for the next 5 years and hand it all over to those that cant be bothered to work

Gerry adams west belfast has an unemployment rate of 52.2% after being a SF strong hold for decades , Sf will reduce ireland to a welfare state paid by those of us that work "

Untrue....

I know it's tax the higher earners but where did you get the 19k from?

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 12:29:00]

"For those that work and earn over 19k .. SF will screw us all for USC for the next 5 years and hand it all over to those that cant be bothered to work

Gerry adams west belfast has an unemployment rate of 52.2% after being a SF strong hold for decades , Sf will reduce ireland to a welfare state paid by those of us that work

Absolutely untrue!!

They plan to tax the rich yes but they won't feel it ffs...

"

what exactly is untrue ?

if you had studied sinn feins manifesto,property tax and water rates to be abolished...massive savings for average families,yes the u.s.c to remain but if you scrap u.s.c the rich annualy would save 10.000...anyone of under 20,000,100 euro saved..weigh that up against up your property and water rates...the simple truth is...do you carry on in a system designed to benefit the wealthiest or do you ask for fairness...

Absolutely untrue!!

what exactly is untrue ? "

Where did you get the 19k from?

19k is incorrect

"if you had studied sinn feins manifesto,property tax and water rates to be abolished...massive savings for average families,yes the u.s.c to remain but if you scrap u.s.c the rich annualy would save 10.000...anyone of under 20,000,100 euro saved..weigh that up against up your property and water rates...the simple truth is...do you carry on in a system designed to benefit the wealthiest or do you ask for fairness...

"

Well said

"if you had studied sinn feins manifesto,property tax and water rates to be abolished...massive savings for average families,yes the u.s.c to remain but if you scrap u.s.c the rich annualy would save 10.000...anyone of under 20,000,100 euro saved..weigh that up against up your property and water rates...the simple truth is...do you carry on in a system designed to benefit the wealthiest or do you ask for fairness...

"

sinn fein had said theyd scrap usc for all on under 70k , now they plan to keep it for all tgose on 19k and over , meaning a family with 40,000 income will still shell out 2,500 in usc , far more then any water bill or prop tax

Absolutely untrue!!

what exactly is untrue ?

Where did you get the 19k from?

19k is incorrect "

ask any SF candidate there starting point for people paying usc .... its 19k

What is SF plan b if all this tax on the rich goes astray and they move there accounts out of Ireland, yes the big companies can be paying more but if that happens they will look for another country and move there and loss of jobs here, I'm just a poor fucker myself

http://m.independent.ie/business/budget/news/sinn-fin-wants-to-keep-all-three-rates-of-hated-usc-in-tax-policy-34111425.html

There you go

and....did we not just say that....

"

"and....did we not just say that...."

Keep the top rate snd leave the ordinary worker alone . Like sf promised before but have already back tracked on

http://www.thejournal.ie/wealth-tax/news/

There you go....

hey lads its a democracy...if you guys want to persist with a government who stop down syndrome children having medical cards,opress the least able in society,pursue policies to benefit the rich,walk away from the criminal banking system that caused all this...knock yourselves out...we personally wish to change it.

Under the current tax system

Somebody on 100k pays 40k in tax

Somebody on 37k pays 7k

Out of interest would not consider them paying 40k in tax enough ?

I'll be voting Ind Alliance candidtaes not FF / FG

Party politicians will only ever answer to the party and not the people that voted for them

a true capitalist....do I think the wealthiest have a right to pay more.damn right...and if it means a family don't have to spend a freezing cold night on the streets instead of mr.rich having his 161 audi coupe...I know where my moral compass goes,but hey as long as you can sleep at night.

all I can say, go out and vote see where the chips will fall, at the end of the day, our country is been run by 15 people, none of them Td'S..

well said cork guy

in my area the county council nearly always had a ff/fg/lab majority that was until the last local elections when sf and ind grouped together before the first sitting of the council and agreed on lots of things now the main parties cant do anything because it gets voted down and a lot more issues for locals get resolved quickly. this is down to the amount of independent councillors looking out for there own areas. its actually refreshing

The left will never take power because the egos of adams and higgins will never work together .. there in lies the biggest problem for the left

as in comparison too...but you are right,left will never get power,its an idiot nation..look at tipperaray..lowry will be voted in again,dog on the street knows hes as corrupt as the day is long,right wing parties broke how many pre election promises...but hey we will keep voting for them...were irish and were thick

By *ardtofindMan  over a year ago

galway

You can put whoever ye want in Dail Eireann It will still be run by the Civil Servants

"as in comparison too...but you are right,left will never get power,its an idiot nation..look at tipperaray..lowry will be voted in again,dog on the street knows hes as corrupt as the day is long,right wing parties broke how many pre election promises...but hey we will keep voting for them...were irish and were thick "
The left need to show a united front as 1 on all issues .. The right will always clean up until this changes

Plus as a nation the voter turn out is appalling and worse so in working class areas where the most vunerable in society come from

The irish need a change of thinking to politics otherwise we will never truly achieve anything different from boom and bust policies of FF / FG and whatever parties that prop either of them up

on the hill NordWest of

"Under the current tax system

Somebody on 37k pays 7k

"

These are theoretical figures. Nobody on 100000 pays a 40k tax once you take personal credits, mortgages interest, pension contributions etc. etc into account.

"all I can say, go out and vote see where the chips will fall, at the end of the day, our country is been run by 15 people, none of them Td'S.."

Unfortunately very true!!

Somebody on 37k pays 7k

These are theoretical figures. Nobody on 100000 pays a 40k tax once you take personal credits, mortgages interest, pension contributions etc. etc into account."

they figures taken from the deloitte tax calculator .. inclusive of credits , both figures done on a single person

FF are the Only Party Capable n Willing to Build Actual Houses

Given the Majority on Social Welfare are Construction Workers, the Homeless n Social Housing Problems - Its a Win Win to Build n Invest

Collect Rent veruspay for Hotel Rooms

on the hill NordWest of

"all I can say, go out and vote see where the chips will fall, at the end of the day, our country is been run by 15 people, none of them Td'S.."

Very true, the party whip system completely undermines the function of a parliament, which should be representing the people, making laws, and oversee the government. It should be the independent counterbalance to the executive. However none of these is possible with the whip system in place. The executive is dictating the parliament what to do. Democracy my f*** arse!

If Sinn Fein want to move on and see any sort of increase in votes they'll need to have somebody to be as dirty a debater as the rest of the Party Leaders. Gerry Adams is too nice he let himself down last week bigtime. Wish he'd see some sense and let Mary Lou takeover the mantle.

"FF are the Only Party Capable n Willing to Build Actual Houses

Given the Majority on Social Welfare are Construction Workers, the Homeless n Social Housing Problems - Its a Win Win to Build n Invest

Collect Rent veruspay for Hotel Rooms"

Why haven't they done it already ?

90,000 house built by them in a year before

Labour/FG built 238 Last Year

Nice to give sinn fein a go.. give them a chance in there what more harm could be done

"90,000 house built by them in a year before

Labour/FG built 238 Last Year"

Yep and we all know what the last housing boom did but wasn't much social housing. The reason most families are homeless is because of the mess they left the country in. There's plenty of houses across the country still idol.

Yes and FG / Labour did'nt Fill them

"If Sinn Fein want to move on and see any sort of increase in votes they'll need to have somebody to be as dirty a debater as the rest of the Party Leaders. Gerry Adams is too nice he let himself down last week bigtime. Wish he'd see some sense and let Mary Lou takeover the mantle. "

Mary lou is the boss!!

Love her

Love a good political status

At the end of the day we all vote for who we want to make a difference for us the voters

The main thing is to go out and Vote ... Theres no point moaning if you dont go out and vote

on the hill NordWest of

Somebody on 37k pays 7k

These are theoretical figures. Nobody on 100000 pays a 40k tax once you take personal credits, mortgages interest, pension contributions etc. etc into account.they figures taken from the deloitte tax calculator .. inclusive of credits , both figures done on a single person "

Theoretical figures, I just tried it myself only the personal tax credit is taken into account. Again nobody on a 100000 pays a 40000 tax.

Why would Enda Kenny Not want 2 take up to 19 Billion of Apple if the EC decide it is Owed????

Would build alot of Hospitals, Schools and Houses

"in my area the county council nearly always had a ff/fg/lab majority that was until the last local elections when sf and ind grouped together before the first sitting of the council and agreed on lots of things now the main parties cant do anything because it gets voted down and a lot more issues for locals get resolved quickly. this is down to the amount of independent councillors looking out for there own areas. its actually refreshing "

And this is the way it should be. That and over all get rid of Irish water

"Love a good political status

At the end of the day we all vote for who we want to make a difference for us the voters

The main thing is to go out and Vote ... Theres no point moaning if you dont go out and vote

"

Nothing like a good moan tho

Labour/FG built 238 Last Year"

These were not built by government but by private developer's

Mr up4

Yes Do u want Houses Built r Not??

The Record shows Labour / FG built 238 in One Year verus 90,000 built by FF

No Houses means Higher Rents / Prices / more Homelesness / n more on d Social Housing Lists - do u want that????

Mr up4"

Bottom Line - they need to be Built n FG / Labour cant do d job!!!!!

If this was the Apprentince they wud be Fired, yet they will collecte Minister Pensions n more People Live on d Streets as a Result of their Failure

By *onathan2244Man  over a year ago

carlow

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 23:28:44]

Why Not Chase d Directors like the Italian Revenue r doing n twist d screws n collect Tax That Way

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Mr up4

If this was the Apprentince they wud be Fired, yet they will collecte Minister Pensions n more People Live on d Streets as a Result of their Failure"

These units need to be built in a structured manner to suit the market demands not every one can afford a new house.also planning needs to be properly regulated to avoid the mistakes of the last boom right units in the right place not massive estates with no infra structure to support population expansion. This needs a national plan rather than lots of local plans

Mr up4

If this was the Apprentince they wud be Fired, yet they will collecte Minister Pensions n more People Live on d Streets as a Result of their Failure

These units need to be built in a structured manner to suit the market demands not every one can afford a new house.also planning needs to be properly regulated to avoid the mistakes of the last boom right units in the right place not massive estates with no infra structure to support population expansion. This needs a national plan rather than lots of local plans "

Was 5 Yrs of Thinking n Planning Not Enough with all the Departments / Expertise etc on Hand and more n more Homeless Every Day as a Result of their In-Action.

Mr up4

If this was the Apprentince they wud be Fired, yet they will collecte Minister Pensions n more People Live on d Streets as a Result of their Failure"

It won't matter who is in power, developer's will build them for massive profit, supply and demand!

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Mr up4

These units need to be built in a structured manner to suit the market demands not every one can afford a new house.also planning needs to be properly regulated to avoid the mistakes of the last boom right units in the right place not massive estates with no infra structure to support population expansion. This needs a national plan rather than lots of local plans

Was 5 Yrs of Thinking n Planning Not Enough with all the Departments / Expertise etc on Hand and more n more Homeless Every Day as a Result of their In-Action. "

Why have these people become homeless alot were given mortgages they were never ever going to manage government left housing to private enterprise and local authorities failed in their planning and enforcement of regulations

Mr up4

It won't matter who is in power, developer's will build them for massive profit, supply and demand!

"

Average House 2 Build Now is 226k typical Semi-D before u buy Land etc so say 280k on Average

Deposit required 20% equals 56k

Mortgage 4 Times Income so 70k p.a.

Anything below this under their Rules the Goverment will Now have 2 Provide

Mr up4

Was 5 Yrs of Thinking n Planning Not Enough with all the Departments / Expertise etc on Hand and more n more Homeless Every Day as a Result of their In-Action.

Why have these people become homeless alot were given mortgages they were never ever going to manage government left housing to private enterprise and local authorities failed in their planning and enforcement of regulations "

People signed off on them and committed to Repayments(later they couldnt afford). The Government have made Building 2 Dear so they get their Cut Out of It. Ireland is like England Now - U Own if U r Wealthy n d Rules r made 2 suit U.

Mr up4

Average House 2 Build Now is 226k typical Semi-D before u buy Land etc so say 280k on Average

Deposit required 20% equals 56k

Mortgage 4 Times Income so 70k p.a.

Anything below this under their Rules the Goverment will Now have 2 Provide

"

For first time buyers it's 10 percent deposit up to 220k and 20 on the excess

By *un In GalwayMan  over a year ago

Galway

[Removed by poster at 22/02/16 00:12:17]

Yes - go on DAFT and find a house in Dublin for 220k & why after the recession etc cant those in negative equity etc cant start afresh

"

Yes - go on DAFT and find a house in Dublin for 220k & why after the recession etc cant those in negative equity etc cant start afresh"

I agree that those in negative equity should have some sort of reprieve, I was merely pointing out that first time buyers deposit on 280k is 34k and we don't all have to live in dublin

"

Yes - go on DAFT and find a house in Dublin for 220k & why after the recession etc cant those in negative equity etc cant start afresh

I agree that those in negative equity should have some sort of reprieve, I was merely pointing out that first time buyers deposit on 280k is 34k and we don't all have to live in dublin "

True - should it Not be 10% across the board??? Because during the Time U r Saving the Deposit both Rent and Values will rise Leaving u 2 Need a Bigger Deposit etc.

In Scotland Once U can show U Paid Ur Rent for on Time in Full for 5 Yrs and the Amount is Higher than Ur Mortgage U Qualify Str8 Away Beating Rent n Capital Inflation n Getting d Real Economy Moving Str8 Away

I agree it shouldn't be anywhere near 20 percent, but it's the central bank who set the rate which they say they will review in the summer

By *exmark12Man  over a year ago

Rathcoole/Roscommon/Mayo

maybe Shinners can bring some Diesel as well am sure lots in Storage for a Rainy day

» Add a new message to this topic