FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > gym routines

gym routines

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok so this is just a question to all the gym junkies here, looking to change up my routine , want more mass lol but like to here what routines people are using ie: full body split etc... just curious need some ideas thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Train 1 body part a day for mass

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

If your interested in just mass then I'd recommend ready state cardio like marathon training. Guaranteed to slow your metabolism and eat muscle so if you eat enuf you should be king-size in no time.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Push day, pull day, leg day. Twice a week with one rest day. I believe that works

No cardiovascular increase clean carbs include vetrgo 2 Scopus and at night a slow release protein.Clean calorie intake is the kee.How many calories per day? My self I don't lift heavy as you don't get full motion and squeeze.reps of 16 4 sets.One part of the body per day but rotete away from your last body part to repair and recover.You grow when you sleep so early nights.This is only my way hope it helps.

By *ony_cluedoMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Why do you want more mass as opposed to just getting stronger?

Thanks guys , doing alot of compound lifts heavy but no isolation work 3000 calories a day so looking for programme to help build up more lean muscle mass

Not offering any advice, just admiring all you gym goers sexy physiques

Lift heavy eat more get big simples

"Thanks guys , doing alot of compound lifts heavy but no isolation work 3000 calories a day so looking for programme to help build up more lean muscle mass "
increase to at least 5000 calories

By *0shadesofashWoman  over a year ago

DUBLIN

"Push day, pull day, leg day. Twice a week with one rest day. I believe that works "
love doing push pull I do be in a heap drop the weight down and do higher reps Aswel

Focus on 2 muscles a day and do supersets. Try use mainly free weights

Suppose we all have differing opinions. But its what works best for each individual really

"Suppose we all have differing opinions. But its what works best for each individual really "

"Not offering any advice, just admiring all you gym goers sexy physiques "
you have a fantastic physique yourself

5000kcals a day is laughable! I don't know how anyone with a normal job would fit that into their schedule!

The basics are lift heavy, train a major and minor muscle group per session ie. Back & biceps, chest and triceps, legs and abs, etc. Also, eat as clean as possible with protein rich foods. Cut out the takeaways and the alcohol if at all possible!

And stick with it, determination is key and once you start seeing results you'll be hooked

Push, pull, legs all the way!

If you not doing this already, Maybe try track your reps and weight your lifting to ensure your progressively overloading and

FORM, FORM, FORM.!!

Hardest part of gaining mass is the dietary factor. Personally Trying to consume 4000+ calories daily is a major struggle but the grind never stops.!

By *ony_cluedoMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Steve Justa program. Squat everyday. I also deadlift and bench everyday. Very low reps but high weights. Never to failure.

There is so much conflicting info..I want to make my arms slimmer..I know you cannot spot reduce..should I lift heavy with less reps or light with more reps..Thanks!

Slim toned arms light with more reps

"Slim toned arms light with more reps"

Thank you!

There have been a couple of good answers on here but apart from rabbit001 most are missing the point. Consistency is the name of the game in bodybuilding. For the majority of professionals the only thing that changes is carb intake.

Usually - the only reason you change a lifting routine, push pull, upper lower is out of boredom. If you're including deads, squats, bench and pull ups you're well on your way. So to say that one lift over the other will build mass is bollocks.

Usually - protein intake stays the same at 1 or 1.5 grams per pound of body weight. Sometimes a bump up is needed to help break a plateau. A good source of fat is needed and shit tonnes of veggies.

Sleep - your body needs rest. You don't grow at the gym. The growth happens at the dinner table and in bed.

Carbs - this is how you grow and how you cut. Depending on your body type (meso, endo, ecto) you'll need to force feed yourself and drinking carbs is so much easier than eating them.

If you want to get big. Lift heavy... And add a tiny bit each week/month. When you stop adding weight, you'll stop growing. You'll also need to eat more than you ever have. I was on about 5000 calories for about a year and only got to 200 lbs before I got burnt out and resized I was spending too much on food for my family to support. You should always try to aim for health, but as long as your basics are met you can fill the other calories with ice cream, pizza and whatever else you can get your hands on.

"Slim toned arms light with more reps"

Sorry. This isn't true.

"Train 1 body part a day for mass"

Not true

"Lift heavy eat more get big simples"

This. But people don't want to believe it because it's just so basic.

"Thanks guys , doing alot of compound lifts heavy but no isolation work 3000 calories a day so looking for programme to help build up more lean muscle mass "

If you're lifting heavy, 3000 a day is enough to maintain. Not to grow.

A quick weight gain shake :

Blender, two cups of oatmeal, milk, shit load of olive oil, protein powder and a banana. Mix. Drink. Over 1000 calories.

Once for breakfast.

Once before bed.

Lift fucking heavy dead lifts and squats.

Lifting heavy arms and shoulders is pointless. Look at the size of those muscles. Your legs and back are huge. Lift big weights with those instead. You won't even need to do arms

Sorry. .. I was bored

Thanks haya, very helpfull ,

By *iamo69Man  over a year ago

South

Its not rocket science..eat more to grow eat less to lose weight...moat people dont push in the gym thats why results dont show..leave the gym with nothing left to give...dont like cardio just do more weights...no set rep range or number of sets just keep going untill ur fcuked...simple. eat to recover..stay away from supplements its all bull to make cash...eat real food .simple as that..dont follow routine shot just train and dont give some pt ir cash for advice or supplements

cardio cardio And more cardio

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

You won't get big from cardio..

You'll be fit and loose weight...

Lifting is the only way to build.

Cardio has its place but only to keep your heart healthy.

Like the lads said, muscles grow with sleep and good nutrition.

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"You won't get big from cardio..

Like the lads said, muscles grow with sleep and good nutrition. "

My muscle grows when I'm in bed with a sexy lady but then I don't get much sleep

"Its not rocket science..eat more to grow eat less to lose weight "

It might not be rocket science but there is definitely a science involved with manipulating your body to grow or shrink

"Not offering any advice, just admiring all you gym goers sexy physiques you have a fantastic physique yourself "

Ta Keltic, I do a bit, could do more to

So guys.. At the risk of sounding completely thick.. Is it possible to get a bigger ass without getting bigger muscled legs?? Joined a local gym a month ago and absolutely love it, diet part Im really struggling with.. It's so hard to find the time with work and kids!!! Has any body tried any of that juice plus stuff floating around??

Jules

U want muscle?? Eat so much as u can, no cardio. Each 7 or 8 per day along with a good protein.

"So guys.. At the risk of sounding completely thick.. Is it possible to get a bigger ass without getting bigger muscled legs?? Joined a local gym a month ago and absolutely love it, diet part Im really struggling with.. It's so hard to find the time with work and kids!!! Has any body tried any of that juice plus stuff floating around??

Jules "

It's very possible but it will take you longer. Two of the main exercises for anyone working out vary dead lifts and spuats. You can cut way back on the weight used but do not cut out the exercise altogether. Both are hugely important for core strength. I damaged ligaments in my knee years ago which ruled out any leg workouts for a year but I kept up my upper body routine and did light cycling to try get my knee back in one piece. Ended up with the classic V but skinny legs. Not what I wanted but if it's what you like it's not hard to achieve if you put your mind to it

"So guys.. At the risk of sounding completely thick.. Is it possible to get a bigger ass without getting bigger muscled legs?? Joined a local gym a month ago and absolutely love it, diet part Im really struggling with.. It's so hard to find the time with work and kids!!! Has any body tried any of that juice plus stuff floating around??

Jules

It's very possible but it will take you longer. Two of the main exercises for anyone working out vary dead lifts and spuats. You can cut way back on the weight used but do not cut out the exercise altogether. Both are hugely important for core strength. I damaged ligaments in my knee years ago which ruled out any leg workouts for a year but I kept up my upper body routine and did light cycling to try get my knee back in one piece. Ended up with the classic V but skinny legs. Not what I wanted but if it's what you like it's not hard to achieve if you put your mind to it"

Not skinny legs just lean and toned, I doubt the classic V would look as good on me as it does you hope you have fully recovered now you look fantastic!!

By *isexhotcoupleCouple  over a year ago

london

"A quick weight gain shake :

Blender, two cups of oatmeal, milk, shit load of olive oil, protein powder and a banana. Mix. Drink. Over 1000 calories.

Once for breakfast.

Once before bed.

Lifting heavy arms and shoulders is pointless. Look at the size of those muscles. Your legs and back are huge. Lift big weights with those instead. You won't even need to do arms "

Olive oil that's a new one, why? Is it purely for extra calories or for healthy fats? Would coconut or flaxseed be better? Ps great advice you should be bored more often! Lol

By *isexhotcoupleCouple  over a year ago

london

Jules "

Kettlebell swing! Easy and fun defo gets results

Jules

It's very possible but it will take you longer. Two of the main exercises for anyone working out vary dead lifts and spuats. You can cut way back on the weight used but do not cut out the exercise altogether. Both are hugely important for core strength. I damaged ligaments in my knee years ago which ruled out any leg workouts for a year but I kept up my upper body routine and did light cycling to try get my knee back in one piece. Ended up with the classic V but skinny legs. Not what I wanted but if it's what you like it's not hard to achieve if you put your mind to it

Not skinny legs just lean and toned, I doubt the classic V would look as good on me as it does you hope you have fully recovered now you look fantastic!!"

Getting there. Back doing squat and dead lift sessions 6 weeks now and no major reaction.

I still suggest you do both squat and deadlift but just don't load the bar. I'd that's not something you are comfortable doing then go to town on weighted lunges. Unless you are maxing out on your weight once a week you shouldn't have to worry about tree trunk legs

Oh and thank you

"You won't get big from cardio..

Like the lads said, muscles grow with sleep and good nutrition. "

"A quick weight gain shake :

Once for breakfast.

Once before bed.

Lifting heavy arms and shoulders is pointless. Look at the size of those muscles. Your legs and back are huge. Lift big weights with those instead. You won't even need to do arms

Olive oil that's a new one, why? Is it purely for extra calories or for healthy fats? Would coconut or flaxseed be better? Ps great advice you should be bored more often! Lol"

flaxseed oil is the best.

Just going to make a point on this because everyone who's been in a gym in their life seems to think they're an expert...

There is no one true way that'll suit OP. Each person is different. What works for one person might not work for another.

"Just going to make a point on this because everyone who's been in a gym in their life seems to think they're an expert...

There is no one true way that'll suit OP. Each person is different. What works for one person might not work for another. "

With all due respect I don't think anyone comes across as trying to be an expert other than those who might suggest it in their username. There are many who could rip all of our routines to shreds but like you say each to their own. More advice and less nit picking

How about we post a few routines ? I know I always struggle to find new ones to break the boring cycle. How often do you guys and gals mix it up, 4/6/8 weeks ?

"Just going to make a point on this because everyone who's been in a gym in their life seems to think they're an expert...

There is no one true way that'll suit OP. Each person is different. What works for one person might not work for another.

With all due respect I don't think anyone comes across as trying to be an expert other than those who might suggest it in their username. There are many who could rip all of our routines to shreds but like you say each to their own. More advice and less nit picking "

By *0shadesofashWoman  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Jules "

I'd be more than happy to do a glute workout with u haha loads of exercises u can do for the bum without even hittin ur legs

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"How about we post a few routines ? I know I always struggle to find new ones to break the boring cycle. How often do you guys and gals mix it up, 4/6/8 weeks ?"

Prob better to go on fitness forum for routines. I'm on a few. You can see from ppls profiles and pics there they know what they are talking about

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I'm not fit.

I want to be fit.

I'm not toned.

I want to be toned.

I don't eat healthy

There's a gym literally across the road from where I live.

My days are free (work evenings and weekends)

I'm lazy.

Please give me advice

(This was a serious post)

"How about we post a few routines ? I know I always struggle to find new ones to break the boring cycle. How often do you guys and gals mix it up, 4/6/8 weeks ?

Prob better to go on fitness forum for routines. I'm on a few. You can see from ppls profiles and pics there they know what they are talking about"

Thanks hal, good idea. I wonder if boards is any use. I know bodybuilding. C o m had loads of routines. I must take a look again tonight and by the way...you look like you know what you're talking about

Hey as few others have said, lift heavy, do mostly compound exercise, eat enough calories but clean calories and maybe do exercise for each body part every visit until you build a Base and then worry about split routines

Get yourself a course of roids lol

South

"Get yourself a course of roids lol "

"Get yourself a course of roids lol "

That's cheating!! Isn't it better to know you've worked your ass off and be proud of your commitment and achievement..

South

[Removed by poster at 27/04/16 19:47:27]

"Get yourself a course of roids lol

That's cheating!! Isn't it better to know you've worked your ass off and be proud of your commitment and achievement..

Defo but in reality 90% of big ripped up men are on gear..every gym in ireland is full of them since they are not illegal to have for personal use its only going get bigger...plus gear will make u fat as fuck if you eat wrong and dont train hard.. "

Il be wary of every lad I see now that's actually terrible, iv only newly started definitely not a pro just amazed I can do what I thought I couldn't... To feel empowered!! Think that's awesome enough without that little voice whispering 'well wasn't all you' annnnd absolutely no offence to anyone who does use them, just to me it's lying to yourself

South

"Get yourself a course of roids lol

Defo but in reality 90% of big ripped up men are on gear..every gym in ireland is full of them since they are not illegal to have for personal use its only going get bigger...plus gear will make u fat as fuck if you eat wrong and dont train hard..

Il be wary of every lad I see now that's actually terrible, iv only newly started definitely not a pro just amazed I can do what I thought I couldn't... To feel empowered!! Think that's awesome enough without that little voice whispering 'well wasn't all you' annnnd absolutely no offence to anyone who does use them, just to me it's lying to yourself "

Shit deleted that by mistake...yea well natural is healthy way

» Add a new message to this topic