By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have we gone to far?

I'm lost "

...he's referring to the "coloured" thread

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

Pcworld?

Buying technology from amazon is cheaper.

I know they've bad work conditions but I'm too broke to completely avoid them.

"Pcworld?

Buying technology from amazon is cheaper.

I know they've bad work conditions but I'm too broke to completely avoid them."

Try DID

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

U mean calling a black person coloured this has me baffled as there is differing shades of black maybe one of the black/coloured members of the coumunity Could remind us water the difference is

To me its like a red Indian calling a white person pale face it's a close enough description to differentiate who they are talking about

Has "where in the world, PC World" gone through anyone else's head

"Have we gone to far?

"

Ah yeah we have. Sure you can't even bring a toaster into the bath with you these days. It's political correctness gone mad !

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or when a clip on the ear was ok of your folks

"Or when a clip on the ear was ok of your folks "
....toe in the hole?

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"Or when a clip on the ear was ok of your folks ....toe in the hole?"

Or the wooden spoon

limerick

"Or when a clip on the ear was ok of your folks "

That's a nanny state that's a different convo all together

By *ig al100Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

Or the amazing block button for your cheek

"Or when a clip on the ear was ok of your folks ....toe in the hole?

Or the wooden spoon "

....ah ye....and who can forget our happy school days . ...With those much loved Christian brothers....

I'm all for political correctness if it means an end to sexist and racist terminology and the advancement of the species. But that's just me.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"U mean calling a black person coloured this has me baffled as there is differing shades of black maybe one of the black/coloured members of the coumunity Could remind us water the difference is

To me its like a red Indian calling a white person pale face it's a close enough description to differentiate who they are talking about "

Black is perfectly fine, even for a lighter shade than black black, alternatively you could say with darker skin tone. There's no point in trying to describe a skin tone down to the exact shade as there too many. look we are referred to as white while actually we're any shade from light peach over pink to beige so pinkish would be more accurate.

Coloured is really outdated and should only be used for smurfs and ladies with too much make up and orange fake tan.

limerick

"U mean calling a black person coloured this has me baffled as there is differing shades of black maybe one of the black/coloured members of the coumunity Could remind us water the difference is

To me its like a red Indian calling a white person pale face it's a close enough description to differentiate who they are talking about

Black is perfectly fine, even for a lighter shade than black black, alternatively you could say with darker skin tone. There's no point in trying to describe a skin tone down to the exact shade as there too many. look we are referred to as white while actually we're any shade from light peach over pink to beige so pinkish would be more accurate.

Coloured is really outdated and should only be used for smurfs and ladies with too much make up and orange fake tan. "

That makes sence really plus I suppose bbc sounds better than bcc

50 shades of black

Coloured is really outdated and should only be used for smurfs and ladies with too much make up and orange fake tan.

That makes sence really plus I suppose bbc sounds better than bcc"

..bi bbc sounds even better. ...

By *tsUS1990Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Jennifer Hudson is on Broadway in a stage production of The Color Purple. She spoke about it on The Daily Show. She said it was wonderful to have a cast featuring such beautiful and strong ladies of colour. I like that expression because it sounds positive without being too PC.

By *herry_bombshellWoman  over a year ago

northside

"Jennifer Hudson is on Broadway in a stage production of The Color Purple. She spoke about it on The Daily Show. She said it was wonderful to have a cast featuring such beautiful and strong ladies of colour. I like that expression because it sounds positive without being too PC. "

"Women of colour" is used to describe women of all shades of darker skin (as in not white). The use of the word "coloured" is racist. Nobody coloured them that way. I can't even believe that has to be explained. Funny tho its only ever white people complaining of having to be "pc". It's mind boggling how racist some can be and don't even realize it bc it's so normal for them. Le sigh......

By *ig al100Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

I have a bwc

By *tsUS1990Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Jennifer Hudson is on Broadway in a stage production of The Color Purple. She spoke about it on The Daily Show. She said it was wonderful to have a cast featuring such beautiful and strong ladies of colour. I like that expression because it sounds positive without being too PC.

"Women of colour" is used to describe women of all shades of darker skin (as in not white). The use of the word "coloured" is racist. Nobody coloured them that way. I can't even believe that has to be explained. Funny tho its only ever white people complaining of having to be "pc". It's mind boggling how racist some can be and don't even realize it bc it's so normal for them. Le sigh......"

That's my point. I never said 'coloured'

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

"Have we gone to far?

"

Yes its gone to far, i mean you cant even pinch a womans arse wslking down the street anymore

"Jennifer Hudson is on Broadway in a stage production of The Color Purple. She spoke about it on The Daily Show. She said it was wonderful to have a cast featuring such beautiful and strong ladies of colour. I like that expression because it sounds positive without being too PC.

"Women of colour" is used to describe women of all shades of darker skin (as in not white). The use of the word "coloured" is racist. Nobody coloured them that way. I can't even believe that has to be explained. Funny tho its only ever white people complaining of having to be "pc". It's mind boggling how racist some can be and don't even realize it bc it's so normal for them. Le sigh......"

.....the use of the word coloured isnt racist...it's non pc.....if it was racist. ...There would be a lot of people being charged with racism.....

limerick

There's the point what's normal u may be well used to dealing with people of different nationality where as a lot of Irish people wouldn't certainly not rural so without trying to be racist the discussion is being had and because it's normal to u doesn't mean it's normal to everyone

northside

"Women of colour" is used to describe women of all shades of darker skin (as in not white). The use of the word "coloured" is racist. Nobody coloured them that way. I can't even believe that has to be explained. Funny tho its only ever white people complaining of having to be "pc". It's mind boggling how racist some can be and don't even realize it bc it's so normal for them. Le sigh......

There's the point what's normal u may be well used to dealing with people of different nationality where as a lot of Irish people wouldn't certainly not rural so without trying to be racist the discussion is being had and because it's normal to u doesn't mean it's normal to everyone "

Normal to someone or not. Still racist. You don't get a pass for living in the back woods of nowhere. It's the 21st century. Come on cj. :/

I remember the summer of 1987. One day we went to Bray. 2fm were broadcasting live from the promenade.

HB were sponsoring the live broadcast. They gave out free Golly Bar ice creams to everyone.

I loved Golly Bars. Pure, white vanilla ice cream on a stick

limerick

There's the point what's normal u may be well used to dealing with people of different nationality where as a lot of Irish people wouldn't certainly not rural so without trying to be racist the discussion is being had and because it's normal to u doesn't mean it's normal to everyone

Normal to someone or not. Still racist. You don't get a pass for living in the back woods of nowhere. It's the 21st century. Come on cj. :/"

No sweetness not asking for a pass but at the same time the convo has to be had I've have no problem asking a guy/girl what I should refer to them as in a manner of educating my self but u can be sure there's lots that wouldn't and would most likely get it wrong when they then try to interact with others. This is why I said maybe a person of a different race that's normal in Ireland might join in and give us their view u must remember it's only really the turn of the century that rural Ireland seen the influx of immigrants

limerick

Normal to someone or not. Still racist. You don't get a pass for living in the back woods of nowhere. It's the 21st century. Come on cj. :/

No sweetness not asking for a pass but at the same time the convo has to be had I've have no problem asking a guy/girl what I should refer to them as in a manner of educating my self but u can be sure there's lots that wouldn't and would most likely get it wrong when they then try to interact with others. This is why I said maybe a person of a different race that's normal in Ireland might join in and give us their view u must remember it's only really the turn of the century that rural Ireland seen the influx of immigrants "

And by that I mean all nationalities each day I meet people and if I detect that they aren't Irish by nationality I will ask as I know some put them all down as Polish when there's Instionans, Latvians,Russians and others of the pale face majority that don't like being lumped together

When you have one of the world leaders (USA)....who just happen to have a black guy as their president. ..practice racism on their black and Hispanic communities. ..on an almost daily basis by their various police forces...With no obvious repercussions. ....there's very little hope for backwoods folks like us....

I've never met any Instionans. I've never even heard of this race of people

limerick

"I've never met any Instionans. I've never even heard of this race of people"

Good for u

northside

No sweetness not asking for a pass but at the same time the convo has to be had I've have no problem asking a guy/girl what I should refer to them as in a manner of educating my self but u can be sure there's lots that wouldn't and would most likely get it wrong when they then try to interact with others. This is why I said maybe a person of a different race that's normal in Ireland might join in and give us their view u must remember it's only really the turn of the century that rural Ireland seen the influx of immigrants "

Humm ok. But I'm just not seeing people in the western world in the 21st century just not knowing the difference between right and wrong. And Irish defo don't get a pass. How many 100s of years were Irish slaves? And what's that god awful phrase that you'll still here now and again? You know the one about how Irish were thought of in europe. Ugh. I can't even bring myself to type out the vile sentence. Ps. People are taught to be racist. It's not a gene their born with so I'm just not buying some people don't know any better.

Still loves ya tho sweetness xxx

"When you have one of the world leaders (USA)....who just happen to have a black guy as their president. ..practice racism on their black and Hispanic communities. ..on an almost daily basis by their various police forces...With no obvious repercussions. ....there's very little hope for backwoods folks like us...."

Why do people claim that Obama is Black? His mother is white and his father is black. Doesn't that make him as much white as black?

He is of mixed race, he is neither black or white. The black people of the USA incorrectly claim him as a black man.

"When you have one of the world leaders (USA)....who just happen to have a black guy as their president. ..practice racism on their black and Hispanic communities. ..on an almost daily basis by their various police forces...With no obvious repercussions. ....there's very little hope for backwoods folks like us....

Why do people claim that Obama is Black? His mother is white and his father is black. Doesn't that make him as much white as black?

He is of mixed race, he is neither black or white. The black people of the USA incorrectly claim him as a black man. "

....you skipped over the whole post and concentrated on Obama' precise ethnic origin? ....wow

That's what you got out of that

"When you have one of the world leaders (USA)....who just happen to have a black guy as their president. ..practice racism on their black and Hispanic communities. ..on an almost daily basis by their various police forces...With no obvious repercussions. ....there's very little hope for backwoods folks like us....

He is of mixed race, he is neither black or white. The black people of the USA incorrectly claim him as a black man. ....you skipped over the whole post and concentrated on Obama' precise ethnic origin? ....wow"

It's not feeding time Bibi

Genuine question. Where are they from?

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I've never met any Instionans. I've never even heard of this race of people

Genuine question. Where are they from?"

Simple typo...Estonia..estonian people.

"

...instionans are a fabled race of people who apparently feel superior to us normal folk...something to do with them having water features attached to their property. ...saunas/hot tubs ..etc...so im reliably informed yosser...

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I

Genuine question. Where are they from?

Simple typo...Estonia..estonian people. "

If there was a gun to my head that would have been my guess but wasn't sure

Oh Estonians!!

Some beauties from that neck of the woods

[Removed by poster at 28/04/16 14:20:31]

...instionans are a fabled race of people who apparently feel superior to us normal folk...something to do with them having water features attached to their property. ...saunas/hot tubs ..etc...so im reliably informed yosser... "

Ah thems lot, aka the beautiful people

...instionans are a fabled race of people who apparently feel superior to us normal folk...something to do with them having water features attached to their property. ...saunas/hot tubs ..etc...so im reliably informed yosser...

"

......ye...they're very shy though. ...prone to hiding.....

......ye...they're very shy though. ...prone to hiding..... "

But come out at feeding time

"Has "where in the world, PC World" gone through anyone else's head "

» Add a new message to this topic