FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Irish Rugby for South Africa...

Irish Rugby for South Africa...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Team named earlier, thoughts?

I think it looks like a great squad and two new caps (one from Ulster, one from Connacht).

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Team named earlier, thoughts?

I think it looks like a great squad and two new caps (one from Ulster, one from Connacht).

Aye - looking forward especially to see how CJ shapes up against his home nation. Given the fact that they were not interested in him due to the fact that he "was too small to play international back row"

"

Surprised with few inclusions and ommissions

Aye - looking forward especially to see how CJ shapes up against his home nation. Given the fact that they were not interested in him due to the fact that he "was too small to play international back row"

"

That'll definitely be interesting. I hope he's on fire over there.

According to his wifes recent interview, both his and her family have bought Irish jerseys for the tour

That'll definitely be interesting. I hope he's on fire over there.

According to his wifes recent interview, both his and her family have bought Irish jerseys for the tour "

Well the guy has embraced his new home most emphatically and had to be admired for the manner in which he did so. Be had had an absolute blinder of a season so for his own sake I hope he kicks ass down there...... Reckon he feels he has a point to prove.

By *onzo1880Man  over a year ago

Tyrone, Ireland

No Mc Closkey which was a real surprise! Zebo missing out through injury. Madigan not selected either.

Tough place to go tour and win....looking forward to watching it.

By *innie33Man  over a year ago

ennis

You have to feel sorry for Tommy o Donnel too he has had a great season too

I think it's all the head injuries is keeping him out of team

"You have to feel sorry for Tommy o Donnel too he has had a great season too

I think it's all the head injuries is keeping him out of team "

He's getting married in a few weeks, maybe that's why he's missing out this time.

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

He should be including more new players..

They will never get up to speed if we only using the same players over and over again.

"He should be including more new players..

They will never get up to speed if we only using the same players over and over again. "

South Africa is not the place to blood new players. Just watch the 2009 Lions tour.

At least he finally picked Jackson over Madigan. Chances are he will leave him on the bench and play Sexton for every minute of every game.

"He should be including more new players..

They will never get up to speed if we only using the same players over and over again. "

You mean the players with masses of experience?

Don't think SA is a great platform for a gang of newbies, this will be a tough test.

Is Rob kearney In this squad? Is the connacht full back?

Dublin West

So when is the best time?

6 Nations, World Cup?

We cant do it then so we can only do it outside of the big championships. We are away to South Africa on a summer tour so we have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Dave Kearney, Earls, Trimble have not had good seasons and Luke Fitzgerald likely to get injured if he looks at a ball sideways, and Rob Kearney has been injured for so long it might have been a chance to try Payne at 15.

I think O'Donnell and Ringrose and Matt Healy all unlucky not to get a run and who is going to play at 7? And What about McCloskey, he's had a great season.

And who is going to relpace Heaslip in a couple of years when he is too old to continue killing himeslf every week

We have the all blacks and the Aussies later this year and they not going to be a walk in the park but if we not bringing new players through we wont have them down the road when we might need them, and 1 game against Canada wont be enough.

I think we have missed an opportunity here when we away from home on a summer tour just rolling out the same old team time and time again..

So Sexton, The Kearney Brothers and Fitzgerald are out. Madigan, Gilroy, O'Halloran and Healy are in.

Fitzgerald is a prime example of why Ringrose and McCloskey were left behind. The guy has unbelievable talent and to come back from some of his injuries has shown he has bottle too. But he played to much rugby too young and is apparently made of glass as a result. McCloskey's big but this was his first full season and the wear and tear has added up. A good preseason and he'll be ripping it up next year. And Ringrose is further behind him in terms of physical development. Safrica is not the place to blood them.

The drop from Sexton to the next can off the rank is significant but beyond that the injury drop outs aren't that critical. Rob Kearndashian being out might mean we see Payne at 15

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

"So Sexton, The Kearney Brothers and Fitzgerald are out. Madigan, Gilroy, O'Halloran and Healy are in. "
Kearney brothers shouldn't have been in squad in 1st place! Crap all year and they were shown up big time by Connacht! Great so many Connacht players in the squad now! Not being biased at all being a Connacht man but they are the form players in this country right now!!

"So Sexton, The Kearney Brothers and Fitzgerald are out. Madigan, Gilroy, O'Halloran and Healy are in. Kearney brothers shouldn't have been in squad in 1st place! Crap all year and they were shown up big time by Connacht! Great so many Connacht players in the squad now! Not being biased at all being a Connacht man but they are the form players in this country right now!! "

Could have been a case for Niyi over Gilroy too. O'Halloran and Healy have been outstanding and were unlucky not to go in the first place... Still think the Kearney's were worth their place on the plane though

Craig gilroy is a great addition to the squad!

"So Sexton, The Kearney Brothers and Fitzgerald are out. Madigan, Gilroy, O'Halloran and Healy are in. Kearney brothers shouldn't have been in squad in 1st place! Crap all year and they were shown up big time by Connacht! Great so many Connacht players in the squad now! Not being biased at all being a Connacht man but they are the form players in this country right now!!

Could have been a case for Niyi over Gilroy too. O'Halloran and Healy have been outstanding and were unlucky not to go in the first place... Still think the Kearney's were worth their place on the plane though"

Really? There's far better than them going. (The Kearneys) Imo!!

"Really? There's far better than them going. (The Kearneys) Imo!!"

I really rate the Connacht back three, Gilroy's tidy and Scholes in Ulster could have been close to going too. But any success we've had under Schmidt has been based on wingers melting rucks and being ferocious with their kick chase. There's four or five wingers in Leinster alone that are more exciting than Dave but he executes the Schmidt gameplan better than anyone else. And Kearney Senior's not the player he was he does the basics of his position better than anyone else we have at the moment.

what a victory, our first in south Africa soil, with only 14 men for 60 minutes of the game. happy man here..

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

Brilliant game..

Dublin West

What a result and after the u20s beating the all blacks today also..

By *eltic CplCouple  over a year ago

Kildare

Probably the best Ireland have ever played considering having CJ sent off so early

By *earlaitCouple  over a year ago

dublin

Absolutely brilliant from Ireland -- Jackson except for that one horror pass was excellent as was henderson, toner, best, payne, Murray etc --- and our u20's beat the baby blacks!!!

U20s game was a cracker, the future of Irish rugby looks bright, showed real determination in defence and clinical on attack, havnt seen the SA game yet I have it recorded

Epic games from both our teams today!

Well fabgirl looked at your profile there can't message u because age but wow you are the hottest person ever ....im from Westport and would love to chat/meet could u message me or Kik paddy1822 thanks

[Removed by poster at 18/06/16 22:01:53]

"Well fabgirl looked at your profile there can't message u because age but wow you are the hottest person ever ....im from Westport and would love to chat/meet could u message me or Kik paddy1822 thanks"

I'm not looking, as I've said on my profile.

Thanks though

Really hard luck. Just ran out of steam at the end. Next week hopefully

By *onzo1880Man  over a year ago

Tyrone, Ireland

Still gutted from yesterday. Between altitude and lack of impact on the bench, as well as some basic mistakes in the second half it was so disappointing after how well we played in the first.

The boks brought on two players from the bench that had a huge impact yesterday...and we couldn't do that.

Still....roll on next week. Regroup and focus on the task in hand.

Pretty disappointing to throw a lead away in that manner. No Henshaw next week, needs a knee op apparently.

Bold girl know ya well very well actually Kik me .....davi

» Add a new message to this topic