FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > irish supporters

irish supporters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isalashes888400 OP   Couple  over a year ago

ennis

hi just wanted peoples views on the new breed off irish supporter at the euros lol.while i am very proud to b irish ,i am finding the pile off puke inducing videos off irish men at the euros too much lol.tyre changing,rubbish cleaning and the lulaby for the sleeping child video.just 3 to name.have we forget who we are?wat our nation indured?we are the fighting irish.shur it great to have great fans but instead off STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN GREEEN,could we not have THE DROK KICK MURPHYS or sumones song lol.for fuck sake lets not b a nation who doesnt know are people laughing at us not with us.or for once let us b sore losers and have sum irish prides and dont accept losing.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"hi just wanted peoples views on the new breed off irish supporter at the euros lol.while i am very proud to b irish ,i am finding the pile off puke inducing videos off irish men at the euros too much lol.tyre changing,rubbish cleaning and the lulaby for the sleeping child video.just 3 to name.have we forget who we are?wat our nation indured?we are the fighting irish.shur it great to have great fans but instead off STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN GREEEN,could we not have THE DROK KICK MURPHYS or sumones song lol.for fuck sake lets not b a nation who doesnt know are people laughing at us not with us.or for once let us b sore losers and have sum irish prides and dont accept losing."
....are you advocating soccer hooliganism?

Fair play to the fans over having a good time and not fighting. Its only football not a matter of life or death.

By *arry and AnnCouple  over a year ago

Louth

Rather them singing a baby to sleep than trying to flip the carriage

ennis

"hi just wanted peoples views on the new breed off irish supporter at the euros lol.while i am very proud to b irish ,i am finding the pile off puke inducing videos off irish men at the euros too much lol.tyre changing,rubbish cleaning and the lulaby for the sleeping child video.just 3 to name.have we forget who we are?wat our nation indured?we are the fighting irish.shur it great to have great fans but instead off STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN GREEEN,could we not have THE DROK KICK MURPHYS or sumones song lol.for fuck sake lets not b a nation who doesnt know are people laughing at us not with us.or for once let us b sore losers and have sum irish prides and dont accept losing.....are you advocating soccer hooliganism? "
who mentioned hooliganism?we can all support our team witout trouble,just no need for THE FIXING BROKEN PUPPY PAWS VIDEOS

ennis

"Rather them singing a baby to sleep than trying to flip the carriage "
yes agreed.just saying we have lost our spine.the irish never had trouble at matches.proud off that,just this new breed off supporter is puke inducing is allnot just me,was a whole hour radio other day on wat happened to the fighting irish spirit.not physical fight in dat sense just n general.

ennis

just to reiterate this post has nothing to do wit football hooligans.as a nation dat has never bein part off us.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

[Removed by poster at 25/06/16 10:34:22]

Lucan

"Rather them singing a baby to sleep than trying to flip the carriage yes agreed.just saying we have lost our spine.the irish never had trouble at matches.proud off that,just this new breed off supporter is puke inducing is allnot just me,was a whole hour radio other day on wat happened to the fighting irish spirit.not physical fight in dat sense just n general."

The fan's reaction after the event doesn't reflect how the team performed on the field. You've been reading way too much of Roy Keane's bullshit that he came out with after Poland. We drink way too much as a nation but be thankful that our fans are welcome everywhere because of their attitude, and don't require riot squads following them everywhere like some.

Lucan

"Rather them singing a baby to sleep than trying to flip the carriage yes agreed.just saying we have lost our spine.the irish never had trouble at matches.proud off that,just this new breed off supporter is puke inducing is allnot just me,was a whole hour radio other day on wat happened to the fighting irish spirit.not physical fight in dat sense just n general."

The fans don't actually play any of the games.

Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing?

Lighten up, op.

Oh give it a rest Don't watch the clips. Problem solved.

ennis

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? "
whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US

Have to disagree with OP. The players in the Irish camp know how much this tournament means to everyone in Ireland, the fans could chant anything and they'd still know everyone is behind them. You could see the emotion in our players at full time after the Italy game, they knew they had done the job and made mention of how much our fans had spurred them on. Our chants are fun, witty and passionate, I think the guys and gals over there chearing on our players are doing an amazing job and makes me truly proud to be Irish. COYBIG!! Let's stuff those baguette munching feckers!! No offence to anyone French here btw

Lol!just lol!...

Or any baguette eaters

ennis

"Have to disagree with OP. The players in the Irish camp know how much this tournament means to everyone in Ireland, the fans could chant anything and they'd still know everyone is behind them. You could see the emotion in our players at full time after the Italy game, they knew they had done the job and made mention of how much our fans had spurred them on. Our chants are fun, witty and passionate, I think the guys and gals over there chearing on our players are doing an amazing job and makes me truly proud to be Irish. COYBIG!! Let's stuff those baguette munching feckers!! No offence to anyone French here btw"
thers dat famous irish fighting spiritKINDA anyhow.

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US"
...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?

ennis

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?"
well to b honest i laughed at themim livin in ireland near 45 years and never saw lulabys to babys,or police bein seranaded wit versions off UR SO GOOD TO B TRUEor lads tidying up after a piss up.so ina whole as a nation we behave very well abroad but sum dat kindness is never shown at home.so yes i do laugh at it

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

You want an opinion? ok here goes.

The behaviour of the Irish fans has been nothing but top notch. They're a shining example of how to enjoy a sports tournament. They get behind the team, show their support, enjoy themselves and include other countries fans in their celebration and their sorrows.

They've given a much needed morale boost to a country that has needed it since the paris attacks, and it hasn't gone unnoticed by the french. You could almost say that we've saved the Euros.

Who says they're laughing AT us? Care to cite me some examples? You probably can't, because that's bullshit. Living and working abroad I constantly hear of the respect and admiration europeans have for the Irish fans, and that was BEFORE the Euros started, it's now been elevated to atmospheric levels. They all want to party with us, and we're now the popular kid at the party, and you think thats a bad thing? Cop yourself on.

I'll also give my opinion on your opinion: it's obsolete. it's the 21st century. this "fighting irish" mentality is outdated. bullshit chest beating to look like the big alpha male (see england and russia)

heading abroad to support your team, have fun and generally be fucking sound human beings...WIN OR LOSE is what it's all about.

It's not a fucking cock measuring contest.

OP, your posts are laughable.

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?well to b honest i laughed at themim livin in ireland near 45 years and never saw lulabys to babys,or police bein seranaded wit versions off UR SO GOOD TO B TRUEor lads tidying up after a piss up.so ina whole as a nation we behave very well abroad but sum dat kindness is never shown at home.so yes i do laugh at it"
...aw sorry. ..I thought you meant that loads of people were laughing at us...I took you up wrong. .

ennis

"You want an opinion? ok here goes.

The behaviour of the Irish fans has been nothing but top notch. They're a shining example of how to enjoy a sports tournament. They get behind the team, show their support, enjoy themselves and include other countries fans in their celebration and their sorrows.

They've given a much needed morale boost to a country that has needed it since the paris attacks, and it hasn't gone unnoticed by the french. You could almost say that we've saved the Euros.

Who says they're laughing AT us? Care to cite me some examples? You probably can't, because that's bullshit. Living and working abroad I constantly hear of the respect and admiration europeans have for the Irish fans, and that was BEFORE the Euros started, it's now been elevated to atmospheric levels. They all want to party with us, and we're now the popular kid at the party, and you think thats a bad thing? Cop yourself on.

I'll also give my opinion on your opinion: it's obsolete. it's the 21st century. this "fighting irish" mentality is outdated. bullshit chest beating to look like the big alpha male (see england and russia)

heading abroad to support your team, have fun and generally be fucking sound human beings...WIN OR LOSE is what it's all about.

OP, your posts are laughable. "

as i said i find the videos off random kindness funny is all.we dont see it at home.wud love to see irish cops seranded wit songs.and people bein nice and kind.who cares bout russia england fuckwits?they will always make a show themselves.ur missin my point mingoi wud love hear the irish sing drop kick murphys tunes lol is all .lighten up .

Well said!!

[Removed by poster at 25/06/16 12:37:45]

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?well to b honest i laughed at themim livin in ireland near 45 years and never saw lulabys to babys,or police bein seranaded wit versions off UR SO GOOD TO B TRUEor lads tidying up after a piss up.so ina whole as a nation we behave very well abroad but sum dat kindness is never shown at home.so yes i do laugh at it"

Guess maybe you were laughing alone then. Actually that kindness is shown at home...maybe it's just not televised publicly like in the Euros. I see it on the streets of dublin and Belfast with social issues and with immigrants... Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more....just saying as it does happen regularly.

Dublin

Based on your first post I really don't think I'm the one who needs to lighten up.

So, really the only one laughing AT the fans is you? Cos we're all laughing with them for generally being sound.

Of course it would be great to get more that that at home.

The world needs soundness right now.

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?"

I was on the tube in London in 1990 where both English & Irish fan were on their way to Wembley. There was killings on the train. English fans started fights. It was that bad the train came to an emergancy stop and police arrived. There were parents with young kids on the train. Given the choice I would choose the craic of listening to silent night being sung to a toddler over what I experienced any day

ennis

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?well to b honest i laughed at themim livin in ireland near 45 years and never saw lulabys to babys,or police bein seranaded wit versions off UR SO GOOD TO B TRUEor lads tidying up after a piss up.so ina whole as a nation we behave very well abroad but sum dat kindness is never shown at home.so yes i do laugh at it

Guess maybe you were laughing alone then. Actually that kindness is shown at home...maybe it's just not televised publicly like in the Euros. I see it on the streets of dublin and Belfast with social issues and with immigrants... Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more....just saying as it does happen regularly. "

care to share the videos off dis kindnesss?fb is over run wit vids of irish showing love in france.show me 1 from home?

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? "

Fully agree except with the Alpha male bit...that's not Alpha male...that's bullying and people who have little control over themselves and think it makes them someone...

An Alpha male has respect and shows it. He commands respect never demands it. He will fight but only for what is right, rarely for himself and often for the underdog. Just saying....lots of women on here look for an Alpha male...but I don't think they're looking for one of those guys...fully agree with all the rest

Dublin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAmxU1vaog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxmOPWmRBwA

there's just two....

ennis

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAmxU1vaog

there's just two....

"

lmao a dunnes stores bag helping person?dat the best u can up wit lol.i see dat daily.

Dublin

@midas apologises, i usually use the term alpha male to describe that "big man syndrome" that is really just......fucking tiresome.

Lucan

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?well to b honest i laughed at themim livin in ireland near 45 years and never saw lulabys to babys,or police bein seranaded wit versions off UR SO GOOD TO B TRUEor lads tidying up after a piss up.so ina whole as a nation we behave very well abroad but sum dat kindness is never shown at home.so yes i do laugh at it

Guess maybe you were laughing alone then. Actually that kindness is shown at home...maybe it's just not televised publicly like in the Euros. I see it on the streets of dublin and Belfast with social issues and with immigrants... Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more....just saying as it does happen regularly. care to share the videos off dis kindnesss?fb is over run wit vids of irish showing love in france.show me 1 from home?"

I've often seen people stop to help others change wheels at the side of the road. I've never stopped to video it though as it's fairly common practice.

Dublin

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LAmxU1vaog

there's just two....

lmao a dunnes stores bag helping person?dat the best u can up wit lol.i see dat daily."

the specific act is irrelevant, the intention isn't.

Lucan

"@midas apologises, i usually use the term alpha male to describe that "big man syndrome" that is really just......fucking tiresome. "

Caveman syndrome, perhaps, although that may be a bit unfair to cavemen?

Dublin

"@midas apologises, i usually use the term alpha male to describe that "big man syndrome" that is really just......fucking tiresome.

Caveman syndrome, perhaps, although that may be a bit unfair to cavemen? "

I usually call them "fucking knuckle draggers" myself.

"@midas apologises, i usually use the term alpha male to describe that "big man syndrome" that is really just......fucking tiresome.

Caveman syndrome, perhaps, although that may be a bit unfair to cavemen?

I usually call them "fucking knuckle draggers" myself.

"

...mouth breathers?

ennis

Guess maybe you were laughing alone then. Actually that kindness is shown at home...maybe it's just not televised publicly like in the Euros. I see it on the streets of dublin and Belfast with social issues and with immigrants... Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more....just saying as it does happen regularly. care to share the videos off dis kindnesss?fb is over run wit vids of irish showing love in france.show me 1 from home?

I've often seen people stop to help others change wheels at the side of the road. I've never stopped to video it though as it's fairly common practice. "

fair play to u mate my point is id love more kindness on social media dats from ireland.normal day stuff.not just wen we are in the worlds eyes and have to show a diffrent side to us.jejus i knw in my area if we sang love songs to cops we b battoned

Lucan

Guess maybe you were laughing alone then. Actually that kindness is shown at home...maybe it's just not televised publicly like in the Euros. I see it on the streets of dublin and Belfast with social issues and with immigrants... Maybe you need to open your eyes a bit more....just saying as it does happen regularly. care to share the videos off dis kindnesss?fb is over run wit vids of irish showing love in france.show me 1 from home?

I've often seen people stop to help others change wheels at the side of the road. I've never stopped to video it though as it's fairly common practice. fair play to u mate my point is id love more kindness on social media dats from ireland.normal day stuff.not just wen we are in the worlds eyes and have to show a diffrent side to us.jejus i knw in my area if we sang love songs to cops we b battoned"

Move.

Dublin

I've often seen people stop to help others change wheels at the side of the road. I've never stopped to video it though as it's fairly common practice. fair play to u mate my point is id love more kindness on social media dats from ireland.normal day stuff.not just wen we are in the worlds eyes and have to show a diffrent side to us.jejus i knw in my area if we sang love songs to cops we b battoned"

Then maybe you should start with yourself, and your own social media feed. I see great stuff on mine every day, from all over the place.

"be the change you want to see in the world"

ennis

I've often seen people stop to help others change wheels at the side of the road. I've never stopped to video it though as it's fairly common practice. fair play to u mate my point is id love more kindness on social media dats from ireland.normal day stuff.not just wen we are in the worlds eyes and have to show a diffrent side to us.jejus i knw in my area if we sang love songs to cops we b battoned

Move. "

to wher?lol every irish town city the sameask the water protesters dat lol.

Lucan

To be fair though, is it not more important to see it in reality than on social media?

I've often seen people stop to help others change wheels at the side of the road. I've never stopped to video it though as it's fairly common practice. fair play to u mate my point is id love more kindness on social media dats from ireland.normal day stuff.not just wen we are in the worlds eyes and have to show a diffrent side to us.jejus i knw in my area if we sang love songs to cops we b battoned

Move. "

.....Elvis singing. .in the ghetto. .is playing in my head

ennis

"To be fair though, is it not more important to see it in reality than on social media? "
too right lol love see more off it.any way possible.

Dublin

"To be fair though, is it not more important to see it in reality than on social media? too right lol love see more off it.any way possible."

Yes, as i've said before start with yourself.

Lucan

"

Move. to wher?lol every irish town city the sameask the water protesters dat lol."

Slightly different context there

ennis

"To be fair though, is it not more important to see it in reality than on social media? too right lol love see more off it.any way possible.

Yes, as i've said before start with yourself. "

well i helped a cat outta a tree today?any good?lol.video bein uploaded as we speak and bein sent to roy keane as motivational purpose

Dublin

"To be fair though, is it not more important to see it in reality than on social media? too right lol love see more off it.any way possible.

Yes, as i've said before start with yourself. well i helped a cat outta a tree today?any good?lol.video bein uploaded as we speak and bein sent to roy keane as motivational purpose"

Rrrriiiiiiight.

ennis

Yes, as i've said before start with yourself. well i helped a cat outta a tree today?any good?lol.video bein uploaded as we speak and bein sent to roy keane as motivational purpose

Rrrriiiiiiight.

"

also uploaded a vid off me and mates singing GO HOME TO YER SEXI WIFES to the southhill soccer teamvery pleasant and rewarding

Yes, as i've said before start with yourself. well i helped a cat outta a tree today?any good?lol.video bein uploaded as we speak and bein sent to roy keane as motivational purpose

Rrrriiiiiiight.

also uploaded a vid off me and mates singing GO HOME TO YER SEXI WIFES to the southhill soccer teamvery pleasant and rewarding"

Have to give you credit for multitasking there. Saving a cat & videoing it frim start to finish.... amazing

Dublin

Rrrriiiiiiight.

also uploaded a vid off me and mates singing GO HOME TO YER SEXI WIFES to the southhill soccer teamvery pleasant and rewarding"

That's me done. g'bye now.

There actually is alot of it about on social media. ..especially in the area of homeless issues...I remember one that came up i think in Sheffield where a guy went up to a homeless guy and asked if he could borrow his bucket...The look on his face was amazing...He thought it was being taken...anyway this guy sits down buts his hat down in front of himself and starts tapping a rhythm then adds a tin can...borrows a briefcase from a person looking on...its brilliant. ..He was a music student..then a few more music students arrive with different instruments etc....the end of the video shows the guy emptying the hat into the bucket and it's full with notes too and hands it to the homeless guy....the tears and the face of utter bewildermentioned at what he had just witnessed was awesome. There was a massive round of applause from a huge groupe of bystanders and then the students shook his hand and disappeared. Humanity at its best.

ennis

There actually is alot of it about on social media. ..especially in the area of homeless issues...I remember one that came up i think in Sheffield where a guy went up to a homeless guy and asked if he could borrow his bucket...The look on his face was amazing...He thought it was being taken...anyway this guy sits down buts his hat down in front of himself and starts tapping a rhythm then adds a tin can...borrows a briefcase from a person looking on...its brilliant. ..He was a music student..then a few more music students arrive with different instruments etc....the end of the video shows the guy emptying the hat into the bucket and it's full with notes too and hands it to the homeless guy....the tears and the face of utter bewildermentioned at what he had just witnessed was awesome. There was a massive round of applause from a huge groupe of bystanders and then the students shook his hand and disappeared. Humanity at its best."

nice one for the people off sheffieldand to tink sheffield is in same country as those fuck wit english trouble making brit fans

I have to say the fans are doing our country proud , it cheers me right up seeing the carrying on out of them all and makes me a Lil jealous , I would much rather see a bunch of lads on a train singing to a baby or chatting with the French police than the scenes we have witnessed of certain countries fans involved in fights throughout the euros . Yes as a nation I feel we drink too much but as a whole we are known as a friendly loving country that's up for the craic and that's a country I'm proud to be part of . Reading the open letter yesterday by a French man to Ireland put a big smile on my face and let's hope tomorrows result goes our way and there will be more celebrations ahead !!

ennis

"I have to say the fans are doing our country proud , it cheers me right up seeing the carrying on out of them all and makes me a Lil jealous , I would much rather see a bunch of lads on a train singing to a baby or chatting with the French police than the scenes we have witnessed of certain countries fans involved in fights throughout the euros . Yes as a nation I feel we drink too much but as a whole we are known as a friendly loving country that's up for the craic and that's a country I'm proud to be part of . Reading the open letter yesterday by a French man to Ireland put a big smile on my face and let's hope tomorrows result goes our way and there will be more celebrations ahead !!

"

read dat french mans letter also.and pray we get due reward against the french.wer robbed last time.

There actually is alot of it about on social media. ..especially in the area of homeless issues...I remember one that came up i think in Sheffield where a guy went up to a homeless guy and asked if he could borrow his bucket...The look on his face was amazing...He thought it was being taken...anyway this guy sits down buts his hat down in front of himself and starts tapping a rhythm then adds a tin can...borrows a briefcase from a person looking on...its brilliant. ..He was a music student..then a few more music students arrive with different instruments etc....the end of the video shows the guy emptying the hat into the bucket and it's full with notes too and hands it to the homeless guy....the tears and the face of utter bewildermentioned at what he had just witnessed was awesome. There was a massive round of applause from a huge groupe of bystanders and then the students shook his hand and disappeared. Humanity at its best.nice one for the people off sheffieldand to tink sheffield is in same country as those fuck wit english trouble making brit fans"

There are alot of great English fans too...its usually a very small minority that give the majority a bad name...just like single guys on fab...a few dicks and we're all lumped in the same boat.

ennis

There actually is alot of it about on social media. ..especially in the area of homeless issues...I remember one that came up i think in Sheffield where a guy went up to a homeless guy and asked if he could borrow his bucket...The look on his face was amazing...He thought it was being taken...anyway this guy sits down buts his hat down in front of himself and starts tapping a rhythm then adds a tin can...borrows a briefcase from a person looking on...its brilliant. ..He was a music student..then a few more music students arrive with different instruments etc....the end of the video shows the guy emptying the hat into the bucket and it's full with notes too and hands it to the homeless guy....the tears and the face of utter bewildermentioned at what he had just witnessed was awesome. There was a massive round of applause from a huge groupe of bystanders and then the students shook his hand and disappeared. Humanity at its best.nice one for the people off sheffieldand to tink sheffield is in same country as those fuck wit english trouble making brit fans

There are alot of great English fans too...its usually a very small minority that give the majority a bad name...just like single guys on fab...a few dicks and we're all lumped in the same boat."

lol wonder have we any minority bad footy fans at euros also?doubt it.thers always a minority,but irish fans never seem to av a rumble lol.dats a good ting.wish it like dat at weekends here

Aren't the Dropkick Murphys American?...

ennis

"Aren't the Dropkick Murphys American?..."
no,ther irish american.boston area.irish heritageloov hear a few ther anthems at matches.

Just be used you're not seeing it every day on Facebook doesn't mean it's not happening. People will stop to help change a tyre, someone will surprise their other half with flowers, a friend will turn up out of the blue at your house because they were thinking of you. People do good deeds every day, you just don't know about it.

And what's wrong to be happy even if we lose? Isn't that what you're supposed to teach children? That it doesn't matter if you lose? It's not the end of the world really is it. Shows that there's still pride in ireland even if they lose. That we can still be positive and enjoy it regardless.

It's very negative to think that others look at down on us because we have a laugh and help others. It's what Irish people are known for.

"Aren't the Dropkick Murphys American?...no,ther irish american.boston area.irish heritageloov hear a few ther anthems at matches."

They're actully American Irish. All born in America.

"Aren't the Dropkick Murphys American?...no,ther irish american.boston area.irish heritageloov hear a few ther anthems at matches."

Where is Irish America?

"Aren't the Dropkick Murphys American?...no,ther irish american.boston area.irish heritageloov hear a few ther anthems at matches.

Where is Irish America?"

Its all over.. sure haven't you heard they've all a great great great great granny from cork

ennis

"Aren't the Dropkick Murphys American?...no,ther irish american.boston area.irish heritageloov hear a few ther anthems at matches.

Where is Irish America?"

its wher the irish live in americaboston etc.

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

"Just be used you're not seeing it every day on Facebook doesn't mean it's not happening. People will stop to help change a tyre, someone will surprise their other half with flowers, a friend will turn up out of the blue at your house because they were thinking of you. People do good deeds every day, you just don't know about it.

And what's wrong to be happy even if we lose? Isn't that what you're supposed to teach children? That it doesn't matter if you lose? It's not the end of the world really is it. Shows that there's still pride in ireland even if they lose. That we can still be positive and enjoy it regardless.

It's very negative to think that others look at down on us because we have a laugh and help others. It's what Irish people are known for. "

ennis

"Just be used you're not seeing it every day on Facebook doesn't mean it's not happening. People will stop to help change a tyre, someone will surprise their other half with flowers, a friend will turn up out of the blue at your house because they were thinking of you. People do good deeds every day, you just don't know about it.

It's very negative to think that others look at down on us because we have a laugh and help others. It's what Irish people are known for.

"

dont let roy keane hear u say we teach r children to b happy if they lose,he says no point in play football if u avnt a winning mentailityif u supported a boxer wud u celebrate if he was carried out on his a loada timesno.u wud come back and support him but wudnt celebrate his loss.

In defence of the op it's a view shared by some people it's just that the op doesn't articulate it very well. So people might find the portrayal of fans as a little bit too saccharine, too sickly sweet. But there's plenty of cheekiness involved in the Irish banter, for such a large group of people it's a miracle they manage to largely be a credit to us. They support the team within the stadium and have the craic outside it. Football supporters are the only sports fans that have this sinister edge and any step away from that is a good thing

The fighting Irish comment is absurd. How exactly would the fans display that 'fighting Irish' identity without fighting? Lol. And what exactly does that even mean? It's a negative stereotype which is only really worn as a badge of pride by the lowest common denominator

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

Some of those vids are vomit material alright.. But they are a great bunch of fans..

dont let roy keane hear u say we teach r children to b happy if they lose,he says no point in play football if u avnt a winning mentailityif u supported a boxer wud u celebrate if he was carried out on his a loada timesno.u wud come back and support him but wudnt celebrate his loss."

Roy Keane has thrown his toys out of his pram more times than a whole creche. His opinion isn't really worth much

ennis

[Removed by poster at 25/06/16 20:28:22]

ennis

"In defence of the op it's a view shared by some people it's just that the op doesn't articulate it very well. So people might find the portrayal of fans as a little bit too saccharine, too sickly sweet. But there's plenty of cheekiness involved in the Irish banter, for such a large group of people it's a miracle they manage to largely be a credit to us. They support the team within the stadium and have the craic outside it. Football supporters are the only sports fans that have this sinister edge and any step away from that is a good thing

The fighting Irish comment is absurd. How exactly would the fans display that 'fighting Irish' identity without fighting? Lol. And what exactly does that even mean? It's a negative stereotype which is only really worn as a badge of pride by the lowest common denominator "

well i suppose 800 years off foreign rule wud b a start lol.our ancestors FOUGHT for our great nation.wen the great famine was upon our nation our ancestors FOUGHT to stay alive.fighting doesnt mean in a physical sense.its got to do wit a never say die attitde.its dat wonderfull felling off feeling proud to b irish,b it an old song,theres always a deep inrooted sadness in all irish people over history,but spirit and FIGHT will be one ting we shud never lose.

ennis

"Some of those vids are vomit material alright.. But they are a great bunch of fans.. "
aggred and they are great lads

The "fighting Irish" name arose during the American civil war and was adopted by the 69th infantry "Irish" brigade.

"In defence of the op it's a view shared by some people it's just that the op doesn't articulate it very well. So people might find the portrayal of fans as a little bit too saccharine, too sickly sweet. But there's plenty of cheekiness involved in the Irish banter, for such a large group of people it's a miracle they manage to largely be a credit to us. They support the team within the stadium and have the craic outside it. Football supporters are the only sports fans that have this sinister edge and any step away from that is a good thing

The fighting Irish comment is absurd. How exactly would the fans display that 'fighting Irish' identity without fighting? Lol. And what exactly does that even mean? It's a negative stereotype which is only really worn as a badge of pride by the lowest common denominator well i suppose 800 years off foreign rule wud b a start lol.our ancestors FOUGHT for our great nation.wen the great famine was upon our nation our ancestors FOUGHT to stay alive.fighting doesnt mean in a physical sense.its got to do wit a never say die attitde.its dat wonderfull felling off feeling proud to b irish,b it an old song,theres always a deep inrooted sadness in all irish people over history,but spirit and FIGHT will be one ting we shud never lose."

And the fans would display this how? You're talking in tired clichés. Should all footage of the fans just be them going around explaining to the rest of Europe about the 800 years of British Colonial rule and what a horrible time the famine was, singing songs by The Dubliners and reciting Yeats?

I think there is a certain breed of Irishman that thinks our history is unparraled, when there are similar stories of historical struggle all over Europe.

ennis

The fighting Irish comment is absurd. How exactly would the fans display that 'fighting Irish' identity without fighting? Lol. And what exactly does that even mean? It's a negative stereotype which is only really worn as a badge of pride by the lowest common denominator well i suppose 800 years off foreign rule wud b a start lol.our ancestors FOUGHT for our great nation.wen the great famine was upon our nation our ancestors FOUGHT to stay alive.fighting doesnt mean in a physical sense.its got to do wit a never say die attitde.its dat wonderfull felling off feeling proud to b irish,b it an old song,theres always a deep inrooted sadness in all irish people over history,but spirit and FIGHT will be one ting we shud never lose.

And the fans would display this how? You're talking in tired clichés. Should all footage of the fans just be them going around explaining to the rest of Europe about the 800 years of British Colonial rule and what a horrible time the famine was, singing songs by The Dubliners and reciting Yeats?

I think there is a certain breed of Irishman that thinks our history is unparraled, when there are similar stories of historical struggle all over Europe.

"

if i have to explain wat bein irish is to u,u aint no irish man

ennis

The fighting Irish comment is absurd. How exactly would the fans display that 'fighting Irish' identity without fighting? Lol. And what exactly does that even mean? It's a negative stereotype which is only really worn as a badge of pride by the lowest common denominator well i suppose 800 years off foreign rule wud b a start lol.our ancestors FOUGHT for our great nation.wen the great famine was upon our nation our ancestors FOUGHT to stay alive.fighting doesnt mean in a physical sense.its got to do wit a never say die attitde.its dat wonderfull felling off feeling proud to b irish,b it an old song,theres always a deep inrooted sadness in all irish people over history,but spirit and FIGHT will be one ting we shud never lose.

"

love ur part where u say a certain breed off irish mansays enough bout ur mind set.blow in?lol

dont let roy keane hear u say we teach r children to b happy if they lose,he says no point in play football if u avnt a winning mentailityif u supported a boxer wud u celebrate if he was carried out on his a loada timesno.u wud come back and support him but wudnt celebrate his loss.

Roy Keane has thrown his toys out of his pram more times than a whole creche. His opinion isn't really worth much "

love him or hate him,

Roy Keane a winner,

plenty of people value roy"s opinion,

be it in sport or charity events..

ennis

Roy Keane has thrown his toys out of his pram more times than a whole creche. His opinion isn't really worth much

love him or hate him,

Roy Keane a winner,

plenty of people value roy"s opinion,

be it in sport or charity events.. "

love ur part where u say a certain breed off irish mansays enough bout ur mind set.blow in?lol"

Aye that's it exactly man. You have me sussed. Think I must be planter stock. Lol. Lmao. Zzz

ennis

love ur part where u say a certain breed off irish mansays enough bout ur mind set.blow in?lol

Aye that's it exactly man. You have me sussed. Think I must be planter stock. Lol. Lmao. Zzz"

planter stock ?are they norn iron words ?lmao

Irish fans abroad have always been like this. We've been best fans in the majority of the tournaments we've attended.

ennis

"Irish fans abroad have always been like this. We've been best fans in the majority of the tournaments we've attended."
wish the irish packpackers in australia wud take a leaf outta there book lol.

Aye that's it exactly man. You have me sussed. Think I must be planter stock. Lol. Lmao. Zzzplanter stock ?are they norn iron words ?lmao "

I thought you were the authority on Irish history. Finger on the pulse off the Irish psyche and all that. It's OK. I'll fuck of now. I'm away to read about Cuchulain and eat some spuds and butter

ennis

Aye that's it exactly man. You have me sussed. Think I must be planter stock. Lol. Lmao. Zzzplanter stock ?are they norn iron words ?lmao

I thought you were the authority on Irish history. Finger on the pulse off the Irish psyche and all that. It's OK. I'll fuck of now. I'm away to read about Cuchulain and eat some spuds and butter "

bangers and mash b more ur line pal and sum real ale sum corrie maybe ?lol

Well Said!!!

ennis

"Well Said!!!

You want an opinion? ok here goes.

laughable?i just laughed my ass off at all u wrote.thank ucock measuring contest?no tickling contest more like.ooo so funny

Lucan

"

if i have to explain wat bein irish is to u,u aint no irish man"

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that ludicrous comment

"hi just wanted peoples views on the new breed off irish supporter at the euros lol.while i am very proud to b irish ,i am finding the pile off puke inducing videos off irish men at the euros too much lol.tyre changing,rubbish cleaning and the lulaby for the sleeping child video.just 3 to name.have we forget who we are?wat our nation indured?we are the fighting irish.shur it great to have great fans but instead off STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN GREEEN,could we not have THE DROK KICK MURPHYS or sumones song lol.for fuck sake lets not b a nation who doesnt know are people laughing at us not with us.or for once let us b sore losers and have sum irish prides and dont accept losing."

I agree. Its fucking pathetic and cringeworthy. They need to cop themselves on maybe try cleaning up after themselves at home while theyre at it for a change

"

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that ludicrous comment "

That's you blackballed MM.

Lucan

[Removed by poster at 25/06/16 21:55:53]

Lucan

"

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that ludicrous comment

That's you blackballed MM."

I'll throw in a couple of "tiocfaidh ár lá"s for good measure!

"hi just wanted peoples views on the new breed off irish supporter at the euros lol.while i am very proud to b irish ,i am finding the pile off puke inducing videos off irish men at the euros too much lol.tyre changing,rubbish cleaning and the lulaby for the sleeping child video.just 3 to name.have we forget who we are?wat our nation indured?we are the fighting irish.shur it great to have great fans but instead off STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN GREEEN,could we not have THE DROK KICK MURPHYS or sumones song lol.for fuck sake lets not b a nation who doesnt know are people laughing at us not with us.or for once let us b sore losers and have sum irish prides and dont accept losing.

I agree. Its fucking pathetic and cringeworthy. They need to cop themselves on maybe try cleaning up after themselves at home while theyre at it for a change"

Everytime I read your posts I feel like I'm listening to Patrick Bateman. Don't you have to leave back some video tapes or something?

[Removed by poster at 25/06/16 22:34:06]

"Jesus my head hurts after reading that.

OP is obviously entitled. Like us all, go an opinion.

So.....would you all rather that the Irish football fans currently over they supporting our country in great spirits. Helping locals. Acting decent. Not causing trouble. Having media focus on their impeccable behavior.

Would you rather they acted like the English and Russians?

Would you rather we looked as some have said, cringe worthy or look like hooligans?

Think about it.

Jesus Christ.......since people could have an argument in an empty room."

We'd rather they looked like neither of your 2 options...ie like every other normal supporter

Jesus my head hurts after reading that.

OP is obviously entitled. Like us all, to have an opinion.

So.....would you all rather that the Irish football fans currently over they supporting our country in great spirits. Helping locals. Acting decent. Not causing trouble. Having media focus on their impeccable behavior.

Would you rather they acted like the English and Russians? Causing riots etc?

Would you rather we looked as some have said, cringe worthy or look like hooligans? Attacking locals. Fighting. Causing mayhem.

Think about it. Catch yerself on.

Jesus Christ.......some people could have an argument in an empty room.

ennis

"Jesus my head hurts after reading that.

OP is obviously entitled. Like us all, go an opinion.

Would you rather they acted like the English and Russians?

Would you rather we looked as some have said, cringe worthy or look like hooligans?

Think about it.

Jesus Christ.......since people could have an argument in an empty room.

We'd rather they looked like neither of your 2 options...ie like every other normal supporter"

dats exactly itjust b like the other supportersfuck the cats stuck in trees

ennis

"

You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with that ludicrous comment "

so u knew the man personally i said dat too?

By *herryhott1Man  over a year ago

Cork

Couldn't agree more...

Very similar to guys who put down other guys on here. Over-playing the nice guy card is cheap & ultimately self defense deprecating for the entire population.

ennis

"hi just wanted peoples views on the new breed off irish supporter at the euros lol.while i am very proud to b irish ,i am finding the pile off puke inducing videos off irish men at the euros too much lol.tyre changing,rubbish cleaning and the lulaby for the sleeping child video.just 3 to name.have we forget who we are?wat our nation indured?we are the fighting irish.shur it great to have great fans but instead off STAND UP FOR THE BOYS IN GREEEN,could we not have THE DROK KICK MURPHYS or sumones song lol.for fuck sake lets not b a nation who doesnt know are people laughing at us not with us.or for once let us b sore losers and have sum irish prides and dont accept losing.

Couldn't agree more...

Very similar to guys who put down other guys on here. Over-playing the nice guy card is cheap & ultimately self defense deprecating for the entire population. "

Unless the world prefers nice people....

Banana being his usual self.

ennis

"Unless the world prefers nice people...."
question for u lol have u ever bein to kilkenny,salthill,ot to a further extent manchester,liverpool or amsterdam ,where irish stags frequent lol.any random acts off kindness pop up lol.ask the people in australia why they wont accept irish backpackers.iv bein to hundreds off stags and matches never av i witnessed wat im seeing now in france.

I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering.

Why won't Australian people accept Irish backpackers?

ennis

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering."
im talking off irish males in general wit large ammounts off drink taken and away from homewhy is at major soccer tournaments dat we behave?for the record we only bein to a cple off tournaments in last 20 years and noting b4 dat,just wish as a nation we cud behave properly all the timeL)

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering."
....the op is just sour about irish fans being nice, for some reason. ..

"Why won't Australian people accept Irish backpackers?"

I think the OP likes to generalise

ennis

"Why won't Australian people accept Irish backpackers?"
N IRISH HOSTEL owner and publican in the Australian state of Queensland has said he will no longer take in Irish backpackers due to a number of d*unken and disorderly incidents in recent years.

Dublin-born Thomas Dunne has told the Irish Echo in Australia that a number of incidents have caused problems for the Irish community in the area with damaged property leading in some cases to the arrest of Irish backpackers who stay in the Main Street Backpackers hostel in Proserpine.

Many of the backpackers stay there while working locally in farms for five months in order to secure a second working visa in Australia.

“Over the last three years the Irish backpacker has taken over the mantle [in behaviour] so we take less each year,” he told the paper. “The Irish are the only ones to have caused deliberate damage.”

Dunne, who with his wife and three children, have been running the adjoining O’Duinn’s Bar since 2006 said there are no issues with the bar but there had been an increasing number of incidents including one where two men were arrested and charged for damage done to the accommodation.

He told the Irish Echo that the incident was “the last straw” adding that they won’t be taking any more Irish backpackers.

For more, read the full interview on the Irish Echo website

Read: Some young people in Australia ‘giving Irish workers a bad name’

Get breaking news from TheJournal.ie via Facebook.

Just click Like.

Short URL

Tweet this

Share on Facebook

Email this article

About the author:

Hugh O'Connell

@oconnellhugh

hugh@thejournal.ie

See more articles by Hugh O'Connell

Contribute to this story:

Leave a Comment

Send a Photo / Video

Send a Tip

Send a Correction

Read next:

'It’s a hugely ridiculed condition, it feels like insects crawling inside your legs'

RTÉ, the Indo and the Times were "very, very hostile" towards Sinn Féin: Pearse Doherty

DAFT.IE PROPERTY MAGAZINE

Comments (98 Comments)

Ordered By: Popularity

Leave a comment

John Ryan Jun 29th 2012, 11:26 AM #

13 308

A friend of my came back from oz for a wedding a he was telling me that in Sydney and Perth the Irish are really starting to make a very bad name for themselves because of d*unkenness and the antisocial behaviour that goes with it.

Tweet | Share | Report this comment

Paula Brennan Jun 29th 2012, 11:47 AM #

38 202

Very true. I experienced the same anti-Irish attitude in Spain recently. A waitress mentioned how much trouble they have with the Irish and how abusive they get with her co-workers. An hour later I saw a group of 6/7 idiots from Ireland urinate on a restaurant window while people ate inside.

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 12:11 PM #

34 140

Sounds just like some english, germans, dutch when i was in ibiza 2 swedish guys running down th street naked and d*unk. When some people are on holiday sadly they do things they would not do at home. And that is every nationality.

Aleo Jun 29th 2012, 12:58 PM #

7 119

I take your point, Mark, but Australia is more than a holiday destination for the Irish now. People have to understand that if they want a future there, behaviour like this will affect it.

Donncha Foley Jun 29th 2012, 1:21 PM #

21 78

I’m guessing that a lot of the Traveller community will appreciate the irony of all this… ‘you’re Irish – we had some of your lot causing trouble here last week, so you’re banned’

Michael Quinn Jun 29th 2012, 2:39 PM #

89 47

So Paula – a waitress just happened to mention to you “how much trouble they have with the Irish”. I’ve never heard such rubbish in my entire life. You get better with each comment…. and then you saw a group of 6/7 idiots from Ireland urinate on a restaurant window. I live in Spain and I have never once seen any antics like that in my time here and also I spend a lot of time eating out in a major city. Service staff actually really love Irish people because they give extremely large tips as the locals usually leave a few cent.

Your hate filled comments are bordering on racist so I’d tread carefully!

Why don’t you tell us where you are really from then or do we have to find out?

Paula Brennan Jun 29th 2012, 3:06 PM #

63 78

Firstly my name is Paula. Secondly I shared a genuine experience. The village in question was named Los Abrigos, a well known village for restaurants. The waitress asked myself and a few other friends where were we from, when we said Ireland she told us they had a lot of ‘experiences’ with Irish people. When pressed further, she explained that they get very d*unk and abuse her staff, which require them to call the local police. As for the urinating on the window of a restaurant, that was as we drove by…all Irish guys, in their mid 20s, urinating against a very large window. Don’t you dare threaten me you ridiculous man, my comments are not bordering on racist in any form. If you don’t like my comments don’t read them.

Michael Quinn Jun 29th 2012, 3:27 PM #

58 58

Firstly nobody threatened you. I am assuming that by your constant bile filled comments about Irish people in general (well documented on this site) that you couldn’t possibly be Irish unless you are taking self loathing to another level. Classifying a race of people in general as d*unks, idiots and clowns is racist whether you disagree or not.

Dave Jun 29th 2012, 5:24 PM #

19 54

Paula, you only ever comment on Journal articles when the subject matter is the behaviour of Irish people. I cant really take you seriously when you seem singularly obsessed by this subject.

Dave Jun 29th 2012, 8:02 PM #

14 29

Jaysus Paula, there’s a lot of paddies-pissing-on-windows where ever you go! You said the same about Krakow just a few weeks back! I’ve been all over the world too Paula, and while some Irish have left me a tad red in the face at their shit talk, and their belief that their GAA county colours are actually recognised anywhere outside Ireland (or that anybody even cares) i’ve never once seen any such behaviour. Not once. Not anywhere. On the flip side, every Aussie bar i’ve ever been in Europe has been full of pissed up agressors. nn

fotocrat™ Jun 29th 2012, 10:33 PM #

14 18

Lots of uneducated Irish that go abroad. That’s why most of them cause trouble. The little percentage of well educated Irish who’s over on Oz are alright.

notsoright Jun 29th 2012, 11:41 AM #

10 105

Is he banning the Ballygowan drinkers too..Not all us Irish are p..s artists and I disassociate myself from cretins either at home or abroad. They transcend nationalities and territories.

Jack Eagle Jun 29th 2012, 12:00 PM #

3 165

Agree, tbh when I am abroad I tend to stay clear of Irish bars. FFS if I wanted to go to an Irish bar, I’d stayed at home!!!!

Chelseajoe Jun 29th 2012, 11:43 AM #

12 108

I know a couple of people who’ve ‘emigrated’ to Oz,just so they had an excuse to go on the piss 4 a year and left paid employment to do so.

Dave Harris Jun 29th 2012, 11:47 AM #

20 135

There is plenty of young Aussies about doing the same in europe too

Fester Mc Jun 29th 2012, 11:50 AM #

157 48

Dave I agree but ozzies travel cos its an adventure, not because they are forced out of a third world country

Karl Walsh Jun 29th 2012, 11:58 AM #

12 58

In parts of bali they have real trouble with aussies who go there for holidays,the problem is that the small minority over there who are causing the trouble have no sense of community,i guarantee they wouldn’t act like that in there local back home.but shame on this fella,he’s happy to get the Irish d*unk but not willing to deal with the ramifications,well as a publican he has a much larger responsibility then he lets on.

Sean Armstrong Jun 29th 2012, 12:04 PM #

22 142

Hiya Fester, have you ever been to a third world country? If you have, you should be pretty ashamed of yourself to make the comparison. If you haven’t, then fire away, I’ll note you down as an eejit.

D.A. Molony Jun 29th 2012, 12:21 PM #

18 59

@Fester, what a stupid throwaway comment, hard to comprehend.

Michael Campbell Jun 30th 2012, 8:17 PM #

1 2

Jack Eagle you are so right went to France with a few Irish guys they spent most of their time in an Irish bar playing pool. Boooooring

Mad Taoiseach Jul 1st 2012, 11:26 PM #

1 3

Yeah Fester. You shouldn’t compare Ireland to third world countries because some third world countries provide free healthcare, dental and education to all citizens.

Lynda Strange Jun 29th 2012, 12:52 PM #

6 63

I came to oz 4 years ago, all along we wer’nt seen as a threat as we were only backpackers!

Now due to recession there is a huge amount of irish here in oz!

Half that would have never stepped on the plane here if all was good still in Ireland. Hats off to them…

But now Perth’s and oz peoples backs are up due to the huge influx of Irish contribution to anti social behaviour and “taking all the jobs” mentality.

We are here to stay!

But I do wish that the younger kids coming over could have a bit more sense and not think they are untouchable coz all the blaggarding catches up with ya after their 1st year of madness!

I learnt the hard way lol

Richard Crompton Jun 29th 2012, 1:54 PM #

7 41

Lynda very fair comment and in no way a strange one! Unfortunately some Irish people take things too far with the booze- but as an Irishman living in London just try and go to any walkabout bar and see how the aussies behave. If i was to generalise i would say the Aussies are a lot more aggressive with drink in them, whereas the Irish do more stupid less aggressive things when flutered. Still prefer to be Irish any day. This hostel owner is a disgrace coming out saying all this about the Irish- not once does he say a good word about us there are plenty of good Irish workers in oz, i know because my friends and I were some of them. I wonder if the hostel owner is Paula’s ex husband?????

Stocach Jun 29th 2012, 11:54 AM #

15 98

If an Irish pub banned English / Nigerians / Poles delete as appropriate there would be uproar.

notsoright Jun 29th 2012, 12:08 PM #

10 42

The uproar would not be in the pub…It would be empty!

Michael Campbell Jun 30th 2012, 8:21 PM #

1 0

The way the pubs are at the moment even the Stokes are being served

Mad Taoiseach Jul 1st 2012, 11:31 PM #

0 2

Pubs can ban whom ever they like. If you behave badly, you’re out. I know of n3 smart ass dubs who got d*unk in Bulgaria, got rowdy in a pub and spent 3 weeks in jail. Pity they didn’t get banged up abroad for 2 years.

David Ronan Jun 29th 2012, 11:30 AM #

23 131

Unfortunately with the vast amount of people going to Oz this is to be expected. However it is a shame to tar everyone with the same brush.

notsoright Jun 29th 2012, 11:42 AM #

3 58

unfortunately true..

Shane Boyle Jun 29th 2012, 12:05 PM #

26 17

it is shame but it’s how it’s always done.. .

Scarr Jun 29th 2012, 1:54 PM #

1 20

Maybe he should start taking credit card details at checkin as opposed to letting the guys and girls get sauced in his bar then wreck his rooms without any comeback.

Chris Dunphy Jun 29th 2012, 12:53 PM #

2 24

While I’m sure the owner will get some grief on the legal/discrimination front, the fact remains that no business owner pulls away from a chunk of its customer base for fun. In the State a few years back, I saw the damage done by a bunch of Irish students to rented accomodation and it was mortifying. And these weren’t your classic “gougers” either – they were the privileged offspring of the southside’s finest. I know that bad attitude and a sense of rebellion are part-and-parcel of the teenage psyche the world over, but there is only so much a business can put up with.

Reginald's Tower Jun 30th 2012, 12:14 AM #

3 11

The D4 / Posh Rugby School kids are often the worst behaved, precisely because they get away with so much as a result of Daddy pulling strings to get them off.

Kilkenny Cat Jun 29th 2012, 11:36 AM #

41 175

No Irish or dogs allowed. Bit unfair on dogs though as they usually behave themselves.

notsoright Jun 29th 2012, 11:43 AM #

1 61

ah now….dogs drinking Ballygowan should be allowed..

Red4fred Jun 29th 2012, 6:51 PM #

4 10

Woof. I’ll be good I promise. I might urinate behind a tree but not on a restaurant window! You never know where your next bone is coming from! No dogs, no Irish. I’m in trouble…….

Celtic Lady Jun 29th 2012, 12:03 PM #

17 80

Substitute ‘the craic’ for alcohol. I agree. We Irish ( generalising I know) have a very unhealthy relationship with this drug. It is at every family event , social event and is advertised and pushed on us. Until we as a society have a proper grown up informed discussion about alcohol , we will continue to be controlled and identified by it. I feel the red thumbs already but ask yourself first … Do non drinkers have the craic ?????

cimada Jun 29th 2012, 2:04 PM #

3 16

Ah sure I only drink every few months and very rarely do I drink much when I do! Of course sometimes I get carried away … But having said that I’m the only one in my social circle who can drink but doesn’t really, aside from that I know a few recovering alcoholics who abstain! I can’t believe the folk who drink excessively every week can be having that much more craic than sober folk… It’s overrated

Anthony O'Brien Jun 29th 2012, 11:56 AM #

22 97

I defend our right to have a few beers and enjoy the lighter side of life but I have come to the conclusion recently that the Irish really do have a bad relationship with alcohol. Up to recently it would all have been good ‘craic’ but in the modern world we are starting to look like a right bunch of eejits. e.g Ireland get hammered in Euro 2012 ” sure ’tis alright lads, ‘lets go to the pub and get pissed’.

Karl Walsh Jun 29th 2012, 12:04 PM #

28 91

In fairness the Irish were applauded for there great nature in gdanks and poznan,did you see the people of Poznan before the Spain England semi final,they were all dressed in Irish gear,singing Irish songs.A minority might give us a bad name but don’t underestimate the great reputation of a good natured people we still have.

Paula Brennan Jun 29th 2012, 12:07 PM #

161 39

“but don’t underestimate the great reputation of a good natured people we still have.” You don’t travel much do you

Karen Mc Caffrey Jun 29th 2012, 12:43 PM #

18 65

paula where exactly do u go that the irish are hated soo much?i think the we did ourselves proud in Poland as the video on youtube shows ‘poznanian continue to miss the irish’.it was in the fanzone before the spain v portugal game.we all got on great with the locals yes maby a few fools but everywhere gets that!so what if we sang after losing the game,would you rather we trashed the stadium, started a riot??cop on,it was fun and got the whole world talking about how great the irish supporters are a bit of good news for this country for once

Aleo Jun 29th 2012, 1:10 PM #

9 26

All things in moderation! Anyone who drinks without knowing his or her limits will sooner or later become a liability to those who go out to enjoy themselves. The problem is the effect alcohol can have on our good nature – especially the long-term effects on mental health, since alcohol acts as a depressant.

Gerard Jun 29th 2012, 1:12 PM #

15 58

@paulannAre u even Irish? Your negativity and bitterness is astounding, time to get yourself a life me thinks

One-Off Ireland Jun 29th 2012, 12:23 PM #

8 41

you should have gone to the Redback tavern in London [now closed I think due to regular violence] – full of Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans – horrible place

This is not a phenomenon unique to Irish people..we’re to sensitive about this nonsense. Lived in Oz myself and this is a fringe issue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084454/Pub-10-drink-night-attacked-MPs-ban-happy-hours-bid-curb-binge-drinking.html

Jim Jun 29th 2012, 1:25 PM #

6 34

Got in a taxi in the Irish part of Yonkers in New York last year and the the first thing the taxi driver said to me was what are you doing sending all your drug addicts over here for. I had a chat with him and he loves the Irish but didn’t like the ones that were coming over lately.

Begrudgy Jun 29th 2012, 11:25 AM #

201 491

Oh yeah no issues with the bar. Take their money and keep serving them till they are plastered then complain about the consequences. Get off the bandwagon. Alot of anti irish stuff coming out of australia and new zealand lately. Nice bit of free advertising in the local paper.

Paula Brennan Jun 29th 2012, 11:43 AM #

282 316

Ara sure we are all lovely, falling around and singing after we lose football games. Sure the whole world loves us, we are great altogether, the happiest clowns in the world. Everyone loves the Irish!…Yeah right, unfortunately the Irish are disliked and feared throughout Europe, never mind Australia. D*unk, arrogant, loud yobs falling around causing mayhem is what we are seen as.

Cornelius Collins Jun 29th 2012, 11:55 AM #

26 185

don’t believe everything you read…. you Cant tar everyone with the same brush…. a minority ruining it for the majority…. all very true but this was in the local Irish paper. have a sister in Perth and she was tellin me how most letting agencies now refuse to take on Irish backpackers cause of the damage done by previous Irish piss heads. there is good and bad everywhere you go…. was one of those piss heads myself for a couple of years out there… but from what i have heard from long term Irish in Sydney and Perth is things are gettin out of control. no smoke without fire they say…. would still love to go back though!!!

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 12:07 PM #

38 188

The Irish are disliked and feared throughout Europe, Paula Cop on, every country in the world has a minority of people that over step the mark just like the irish. We have thousands of people from Australia here in London on 1 year visas, and yes a minority of them do get pissed and fight and trash the apartments they are staying in.

Damien Knox Jun 29th 2012, 2:12 PM #

22 32

i wonder if any of his younger relations or friends kids come over from ireland if he’ll ban them too, or smuggle them into the hostel under the cover of darkness. Plenty of bridges burned there methinks. And alot of bad press aswell.

And as it has been said already, he can’t have it both ways, he either ban them from the pub aswell, or ban any other nationality that has caused any problems either, regardless. I bet there were plenty of others aswell.

Ger Harrington Jun 29th 2012, 2:16 PM #

5 68

I’ve relations in Australia and the general feeling is that a small minority of Irish are causing plenty of problems! It says a lot when Irish business owners abroad refuse to deal with Irish. It is only the minority who ruin it for the majority! Irish workers not turning in to work and being dishonest about qualifications in order to get work! I don’t blame Australian/ Irish employers.

John O'Neill Jun 30th 2012, 1:39 AM #

2 5

No evidence at all Begrudgy that Thomas Dunne’s bar served alcohol to them at all. Careful you’re not defending the indefensible….

Damien Knox Jun 30th 2012, 9:40 AM #

3 8

Paula, could you name the countries that we are disliked and feared in please. If you are going to say things like that, then you need to back it up with facts.

Now would you rather we fall around and sing after losing games, or go on a rampage and destroy things?

I know myself and others would prefer the former. And as for d*unk, arrogant, loud yobs, you can throw every other country in that boat aswell, not just the irish, so that argument is invalid.

I don’t know what you have against the Irish, because every comment i have seen from you so far has be extremely negative against an entire nationality. If i did that against a country i’d be vilified for it, so don’t think you can say those things and get away with it.

Mad Taoiseach Jul 1st 2012, 10:28 PM #

0 4

It is illegal for a bar server to serve alcohol to an intoxicated person in Australia. Because of this, bar servers DON’T knowingly serve alcohol to d*unks.nThe trouble makers are probably doing what they do here. Buying drink at a bottle shop and drinking elsewhere.n

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 3:04 PM #

9 37

The best thing Irish people can do is boycott Mr Dunnes pub, im sure they line his pocket with lots of cash. Boycott the place, let him have an Irish pub with no Irish in it. Hit him in his pocket.

Shaun Hogan Jun 30th 2012, 4:46 PM #

0 2

I doubt they can stay away from it!

Joe Walshe Jun 29th 2012, 2:17 PM #

4 20

The owner of the Hostel has labelled all Irish as trouble makers yet he himself is irish. If others did the same wouldn’t he also be barred from local establishments.

Seanbeag Jun 29th 2012, 2:58 PM #

3 17

Another of today’s stories is that our own public order problems are going down. Seems like all our problem people are emigrating.

Dave Gormley Jun 29th 2012, 12:25 PM #

9 31

By ‘hostel’ you mean labour camp for Asian fruit pickers. That’s the actual farmer preferred occupant.

Howard Cooley Jun 29th 2012, 12:20 PM #

6 22

I don’t drink through choice but I do on occasion go into bars with others who drink and I generally enjoy myself. The biggest enjoyment is watching the antics of those who have partook in a little to much. I must say that where I go I don’t see a great amount of idiocy.

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 12:55 PM #

5 19

Aussies d*unk and aggressive in Bali

http://balipod.com/content/46-bali-being-marred-d*unken-aussie-bogans.html?nocache=1

Paddy Murphy Jun 29th 2012, 5:43 PM #

5 19

@ Dave “good ol Irish cyber-bullying” ? Have you been following her comments at all? She/he puts down anything that is Irish. You come along and try and defend her when i doubt you know the full story on her daily comments. For the record Paula, I myself have visited 24 countries around the world and have lived in 5, In the 22 years i’ve been travelling i have never known anyone to slate the Irish like you keep saying they do. In fact in my experience people adore the Irish.

Jack Eagle Jun 29th 2012, 11:37 AM #

56 112

Ok so he is an Irish guy banning his fellow countrymen/women from his hostel. Fine, will he ban them from his bar too?? Doubt that!! Perhaps it’s the standard of accomadation that is attracting the wrong type of guest, shite accom = shite guest??

I wonder what the anti discrimination laws are like in Oz? Sure, why stop there ‘n go back to the days of No Dogs, Irish or Blacks and be done with it!! I’m sure that will go down well with the local Aborigines!!

Rickie Macken Jun 29th 2012, 1:30 PM #

3 34

It’s jusy ‘No Irish’ nowadays- the rest are most welcome!

jake jennings Jun 29th 2012, 9:31 PM #

4 14

Paula I think there’s Irish people drinking now. It’s a bloody disgrace. Drinking and having fun. It makes me sick. Have they no shame…..

Damien Knox Jun 30th 2012, 9:31 AM #

2 3

I know, who do these people think they are, going out with friends and spending their hard earned money.

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 1:57 PM #

8 21

Sadly it is something i hear alot in London from Irish people living here. They love to slag off and say negative things about ireland and its towns and cities and people. Why? I don’t know. I love Ireland i think it is a great country the people from Ireland like to put it down.

Enda Story Jun 29th 2012, 6:53 PM #

4 12

2 types of Irish abroad. Those following Irish soccer who were brought up to show respect for people and property. The others were celtic cubs who feel life owes them. They had no respect at home and as recession bites they move abroad in groups to continue as before. For many of them life will eventually deliver a harsh lesson as mummies and daddies wont be in a position to pick up the pieces!

Padraic Quinn Jun 29th 2012, 7:14 PM #

2 8

it must have been difficult for this man to come out and say what he did.nobody wants to publicly thrash their own people .but if he had half a brain he would have just shut his mouth.he could easily have just stopped taking irish and said nothing.he seems to be on a mission.when the aussie economy collapses in a few years after the fall in commodaties comes he will be wishing he never offended anyone as he will need every customer he can possibly get.how dare he operate an irish pub and ban them from his hostel.dunce! i hope business fails.and that irish newspaper should think twice before publishing stories like that even if there was a small bit of truth behind it.it may well come back to haunt them sometime aswell

Dave Irwin Jun 29th 2012, 7:48 PM #

11 6

you hope his business fails! bit much but that’s what I would expect from the Irish anyway. clearly he feels strongly about this issue to make the statement. maybe he is hoping it will help set the Irish over there on the right path. Does a man not have a right to state where he sees an issue anymore? typical Irish begrudgery

Fae Jitt Jun 29th 2012, 11:30 AM #

91 109

The bad rap the Irish in Australia is getting have far more to do with Australian tabloid newspapers sensationalist shite than anything..

Remember Murdoch is (was) Australian and owns a lot of the newspapers.

Im fairly sure that backpacker place is not legally allowed to discriminate on nationality anyway

Fae Jitt Jun 29th 2012, 12:46 PM #

35 89

Why all the red thumbs? If you had been in Australia you would know how the media there just love to get outraged at anything. The Aussie media love to complain.

I know this because I am Australian

Whether it has anything to do with the truth has very little to do with it. You simply cant blame a whole nationality for one trait or any particular behaviour – that’s called rascism

Mad Taoiseach Jul 1st 2012, 10:37 PM #

1 3

INM own a lot of papers in Australia. Australians are not racist.

Cian O Donnell Jun 29th 2012, 12:03 PM #

10 19

yes,agreeing with some comments above,surely the owner is leaving himself open to some discrimination law suits?he can reserve the right of admission to any individual/group of people but not blanket banning entire races..

Shaun Hogan Jun 30th 2012, 4:44 PM #

1 5

My sister told me this, my brother told me this, oh i know friends who went over, oh i know a friend of a friend, oh my brothers friend. Until you have actually been to oz, you don’t really know what its like. Yes there are piss heads who take the mick but in general its fine. Its mainly a small minority who cause trouble. The media always blow it out of proportion.

Mad Taoiseach Jul 1st 2012, 10:12 PM #

1 1

Agreed. You can rest assured the trouble makers are: (a) Farming just taking advantage of the visa extension to stay an extra year. (b) Not suitably qualified to be sponsored into a qualifying job within Australia. (c) Will have to leave Australia within the year.

Paddy Murphy Jun 29th 2012, 1:44 PM #

7 13

* left Ireland

Martin Mac Jun 29th 2012, 12:46 PM #

8 12

But they were only signing “the fields of athenry”

Fester Mc Jun 29th 2012, 11:44 AM #

54 46

nope I refuse to believe its our fault, shure arnt we the friendliest, nicest people ever, planet earths d*unken mascots

Kevin Elliott Jun 29th 2012, 12:12 PM #

37 86

I don’t know how you can stick living here Paula, with all the abusive d*unks and dumb sheep you are surrounded by. Seems, from your comments on a few stories, that you can’t go a day without an Irish-specific misanthropic rage overtaking you

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 12:29 PM #

18 79

Kevin when i read her comments the word Bitter, angry comes to mind.

Aleo Jun 29th 2012, 1:04 PM #

5 18

If objecting to abusive behaviour makes people “bitter and angry”, I’m afraid Australia may soon prove a very bitter, angry country where our minority of troublemakers are concerned. We might then try the same trick of attempting to label the whole country antisocial and puritanical, but I’m not sure that will work as well as expected.

Mark Larson Jun 29th 2012, 1:50 PM #

17 38

Aleo, Paula is not just objecting to bad behaviour, she is labelling all Irish as the same, when it is untrue. She says The Irish are seen as D*unk, arrogant, loud yobs falling around causing mayhem, disliked and feared throughout Europe. It is just ridiculous thing to say and so wrong.

cormac o'neill Jun 29th 2012, 1:08 PM #

7 10

nobody for the pub then

James Comerford Jun 29th 2012, 1:38 PM #

6 9

Stayed in that place in 2008, it was boring as fk tbh. And very expensive in comparison to the others around it.

James Hickey Jun 30th 2012, 12:34 AM #

3 6

Let’s see how long that lasts! As it stands Australia farming industry needs us because the ozzies won’t work for bucket rate or min wage! When he realises how much he needs there money for rent he will take us back!

Helen Downey Jun 30th 2012, 2:15 PM #

1 2

Ah but didn’t you see in the article the farm owners only want Koreans now!!! And I wouldn’t be surprised if said farm owners are paying said Koreans LOWER than minimum wage (disclaimer that I cannot prove any of this, just my opinion). And if they can get someone to work for lower than minimum they ain’t gonna hire the Irish who will at least be looking for minimum. Can’t say that in this day and age many Irish would work for less than minimum wage. We have been brought up to expect it as a standard, and go to places like Aus knowing that they do have a min wage system in place, therefore expect that that is the least we will be paid. But there are people from other countries (and Korea may be one I don’t know) who will work for any money rather than having non, and therefore can be exploited by unscrupulous employers.

And it appears that this Irish fellow goes hand in hand with the farm owners, I read that the farm owners said to him they only wanted Koreans so he sent them 40 Koreans!!!!!

I do think he has caused a storm out of something that need not have been one. Yes there are Irish who behave badly abroad, but as are their British, French, Italian etc, even Australians themselves. Refusing to take an entire nation of people is going to come back to bite him in the arse methinks.

Stefan Hanrahan Jun 29th 2012, 1:03 PM #

38 28

This guy should be prosecuted for race hate crimes I don’t give a crap who or what has caused problems in his establishment. How dare he discriminate against Irish people what a dick!

gingerman Jun 29th 2012, 12:42 PM #

20 14

BEER TITS IRELAND nRomantic Irelands dead and gone….. n

Michael Campbell Jun 30th 2012, 8:29 PM #

3 4

Paula just tell them what they want to hear we are moderate drinkers very quiet and respectful are fashion is the best Grey track suits ect.nAre girls are much nicer than those ugly Eastern Europeans and our Priest are wonderful and civilized the world.We do not litter it’s them dirty Germans and we are finically keeping Europe on the straight and narrow

Sharon McCarthy Jul 1st 2012, 3:55 PM #

1 3

Michael,

Spell properly and your point may be taken seriously.

Mad Taoiseach Jul 1st 2012, 10:15 PM #

1 2

Sharon – P,R,O,P,E,R,L,Y spells properly. Did I spell it correctly?

Dave Irwin Jun 29th 2012, 7:52 PM #

16 11

Paula is entitled to her opinions and your comment is not going to change that. If Paula has had some bad experiences then she is perfectly within her right to state them on the comment section but insults will only re-iterate her point. I think you proved that with your comment, but then again, that’s just MY opinion

Dave Jun 29th 2012, 8:21 PM #

3 14

Dave, of course she’s entitled to an opinion, but when she EXCLUSIVELY comments on items where there is any chance, however remote, to slag off Irish people, then people tend to call BS on it.

Damien Knox Jun 30th 2012, 8:37 AM #

2 5

She’s entitled to her own opinion, but when she slags off an entire country of people on a consistant basis, then she has to expect it to be thrown right back at her.

Dave Irwin Jun 29th 2012, 3:32 PM #

16 9

some good ol Irish cyber-bullying. No wonder Paula has this opinion.

Marguerite Harty Jun 30th 2012, 6:59 PM #

2 2

Have ye seen the article that irelands getting a reward for there support in polland ??? FairPlay to the Irish and be proud

Add New Comment

Share This Comment on Facebook or Twitter

Read Next:

'It’s a hugely ridiculed condition, it feels like insects crawling inside your legs'

restless legs syndrome

Download our app

Trending Opinions

Jessica Spencer "I'm still falling, still hating myself, still regretting that I let it all come to this"

Jessica Spencer

Jessica Spencer talks about her struggles with her body and the pressure to be thin

Donnchadh Woulfe How exactly does the UK leave the EU? (And what happens if it changes its mind?)

Donnchadh Woulfe

Barrister Donnchadh Woulfe explains what’s going to happen next after the UK’s seismic decision.

Michael Kelly Earthy, homely and tasty: how to grow parsnips for this winter

Michael Kelly

Michael Kelly continues his Grow It Yourself series with a plant that provides the quintessential taste of winter

Most Popular Today

TheJournal.ie

Did you hear the one about the mystery American tourists and the free bar?

More than 1 million sign petition to rerun EU referendum

Quiz: Can you name the Irish town from above?

Fora

Intel Ireland's head worries sliding PC sales could pose major problems for the company

A Dublin company is building a giant energy plant to process chicken poo

What is 'influencer marketing' and how can you make it work to your advantage?

The42

As it happened: South Africa v Ireland, Summer Tour Final Test

As it happened: England v Ireland, World Rugby U20 Championship final

As it happened: Donegal v Monaghan, Ulster senior football semi-final

DailyEdge.ie

10 of the most adorable Irish fans of the Euros

10 reasons why people need to stop being cynical about the Irish fans in France

A police officer stopped the London Pride parade so he could propose to his boyfriend

Trending Tags

BREXIT

'Devastation' and worry, as Poles wonder what Brexit will mean for them

'Devastation' and worry, as Poles wonder what Brexit will mean for them

How exactly does the UK leave the EU? (And what happens if it changes its mind?)

"She can get stuffed": Not everyone in Scotland is clamouring for independence

EU AND US

AS IT HAPPENED: Political and economic shocks as UK decides to leave the EU

AS IT HAPPENED: Political and economic shocks as UK decides to leave the EU

EU

'Take a bow, Britain': European leaders hold crisis talks after Brexit shock

'Take a bow, Britain': European leaders hold crisis talks after Brexit shock

Talking Brexit: The best quotes from a day of shock and awe

Brexit: Why Britain voted to leave the EU

SOCCER

Torres looks for his only way out

Torres looks for his only way out

On his way: Liverpool agree €26.5million Suarez transfer

Richard Keys open to RTÉ switch as Al Jazeera line up sacked Sky Sports duo

SCOTLAND

Protesters holding Mexican flags storm Trump golf course in Scotland

Protesters holding Mexican flags storm Trump golf course in Scotland

Poll: Should Scotland hold another vote on independence?

Joe Schmidt on our radar along with Gatland and Cotter, says All Blacks chief

DAVID CAMERON

There's been an increase in queries about Irish passports today

There's been an increase in queries about Irish passports today

David Cameron is resigning as UK Prime Minister

Brexit: What happens now?

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering.im talking off irish males in general wit large ammounts off drink taken and away from homewhy is at major soccer tournaments dat we behave?for the record we only bein to a cple off tournaments in last 20 years and noting b4 dat,just wish as a nation we cud behave properly all the timeL)"
you have been to hundreds of stags ... is there riots at every one? Did you look at fight club before posting this ? Or romper stopper? ?

Holy fuck op.....you need a hobby. ..

ennis

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering.im talking off irish males in general wit large ammounts off drink taken and away from homewhy is at major soccer tournaments dat we behave?for the record we only bein to a cple off tournaments in last 20 years and noting b4 dat,just wish as a nation we cud behave properly all the timeL)you have been to hundreds of stags ... is there riots at every one? Did you look at fight club before posting this ? Or romper stopper? ?"
no thers trouble at most stag dohsas for romper stomper russell crowe is a cousin.i aint advocating violence atal.av never seen irish football hooligasms its not in our culture and football is not a national sport to us like hurling or gaelic.hooligasim is more an english ting and football is an english sport.so hand in hand for them

Liverpool are selling Suarez?

Ah here!

ennis

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering.....the op is just sour about irish fans being nice, for some reason. .."
nope just want realness not overplaying the good samartan card.

Good lord.......

Painful. Paracetamol needed.

I can't slepl.....sleep....Eh spell

My grandmar is terrible to.

Night night.

Olé Olé Olé!

Who put the ball in the Italian net....Brady Brady!!

ennis

"Liverpool are selling Suarez?

Ah here!"

lol sorry over did the cop and pastether is hundreds off them storys bout irish people in australia.

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering.im talking off irish males in general wit large ammounts off drink taken and away from homewhy is at major soccer tournaments dat we behave?for the record we only bein to a cple off tournaments in last 20 years and noting b4 dat,just wish as a nation we cud behave properly all the timeL)you have been to hundreds of stags ... is there riots at every one? Did you look at fight club before posting this ? Or romper stopper? ?no thers trouble at most stag dohsas for romper stomper russell crowe is a cousin.i aint advocating violence atal.av never seen irish football hooligasms its not in our culture and football is not a national sport to us like hurling or gaelic.hooligasim is more an english ting and football is an english sport.so hand in hand for them"
nah mate. I have only been to 15 or so stags but there was only trouble at one.

A man isn't measured by how much trouble he gets into. That's how kids are measured

I'm done with this thread

ennis

"I remember euro 88. I remember other countries going nuts about how nice the irish fans were. We were friendly and good fun. It's the same at every major tournament. I'm not sure what irish fans you are remembering.im talking off irish males in general wit large ammounts off drink taken and away from homewhy is at major soccer tournaments dat we behave?for the record we only bein to a cple off tournaments in last 20 years and noting b4 dat,just wish as a nation we cud behave properly all the timeL)you have been to hundreds of stags ... is there riots at every one? Did you look at fight club before posting this ? Or romper stopper? ?no thers trouble at most stag dohsas for romper stomper russell crowe is a cousin.i aint advocating violence atal.av never seen irish football hooligasms its not in our culture and football is not a national sport to us like hurling or gaelic.hooligasim is more an english ting and football is an english sport.so hand in hand for themnah mate. I have only been to 15 or so stags but there was only trouble at one.

A man isn't measured by how much trouble he gets into. That's how kids are measured

I'm done with this thread "

good man fair play considering u were answerin a part wher i said football isnt our national sport lol ehhh ok wit ur great stag nite

"Liverpool are selling Suarez?

Ah here!"

Its actually referring to when they bought him...check out the fee!

ennis

the reall people to ask bout the irish and drink are the nurses up and down the country,the guards ,ambulab]nce drivers,firemen etc,the pubs in england and glasgow dat wont let irish in.across spain too.up and down the country nitely ther is troubleso stop the head burrying lol so wat every ten years we qualify for a tournament and behave impecably.spare a thought for our a@e crews etc and the people left cleaning up the messes. around the country.all kindness shud start at home.

"the reall people to ask bout the irish and drink are the nurses up and down the country,the guards ,ambulab]nce drivers,firemen etc,the pubs in england and glasgow dat wont let irish in.across spain too.up and down the country nitely ther is troubleso stop the head burrying lol so wat every ten years we qualify for a tournament and behave impecably.spare a thought for our a@e crews etc and the people left cleaning up the messes. around the country.all kindness shud start at home."

Lisa.....

I worked in a Spanish resort for almost ten years. All nationalities are pretty much the same. On holidays, drinking, Fucking, enjoying themselves.

Furthermore. A very close friend of mine works for the paramedics in the fire brigade he in Dublin.

They rarely deal with what you think they deal with.

Kindness does start at home.....but it extends further along with courtesy and manners.

And football qualifiers aren't every ten years.

Google that. Can't be arsed explaining that.

I'll end up having to explain the offside rule them.

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Sorry but the bombings in Paris and the shootings in Florida are more cringeworthy and upsetting than watching a few fans singing and having the craic. I really dont get why you would look upon the videos as a negative thing when France has been bombed,killing its people over the last few weeks. Forgive me if im wrong, but what i see with the Irish fans is sportmanship,laughter,empathy and compassion towards fellow human beings? Can you not look to the positive impact the Irish have made in France rather than rummaging around for the negative? I saw one newpaper article regarding your topic. Overall i dont see where the Irish fans are being laughed AT from what i see, other countries are in AWE of them.

It is certainly Much better than the riotous Russians or the absolute scummy English fans. Although some would Irish behaviour would give you the cringe. Nevertheless less I'd give my penis to be over there at the minute

Lucan

"Good lord.......

Painful. Paracetamol needed.

I can't slepl.....sleep....Eh spell

My grandmar is terrible to.

Night night.

Olé Olé Olé!

Who put the ball in the Italian net....Brady Brady!!"

I hope your grandma recovers.

Sorry Lisa but this thread is baffling?

If you mean the spirit of the fighting Irish as in Irish athletes giving their all on the international stage then great.

But if not........then.........????

ennis

"And football qualifiers aren't every ten years.

Google that. Can't be arsed explaining that.

I'll end up having to explain the offside rule them."

i didnt say the qualifers were every ten years,i said we only qualify every ten years.wen was last time since 1988 we there?yes 2012 dats a bit more then ten years pal?and understand the off side rule.tbh honest its very hard take ur comments serious as a man,wit ur dick wit a wig@sunglasesDROPS THE MIC

ennis

"Sorry Lisa but this thread is baffling?

If you mean the spirit of the fighting Irish as in Irish athletes giving their all on the international stage then great.

But if not........then.........????"

no pal its really simple actuallygaa is our sport as a nation.my point is u wudnt see the kilkenny hurling supporters in such vomit inducing vids after winning 10 all ireland or the dubs lifting the samor our olypic atletes.why over play the niceness card,b like the other supporters,minus the fuck wits who fight at the euros.simples.

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

nr you

were you d*unk writing this? I hope so.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'm completely lost on this thread and your last post OP didn't make it any better bringing the GAA in.

"Sorry Lisa but this thread is baffling?

But if not........then.........????no pal its really simple actuallygaa is our sport as a nation.my point is u wudnt see the kilkenny hurling supporters in such vomit inducing vids after winning 10 all ireland or the dubs lifting the samor our olypic atletes.why over play the niceness card,b like the other supporters,minus the fuck wits who fight at the euros.simples."

no problem......

I dont agree with you and you dont with me but hey thats life.

When you start posting personal stuff as a reply, its usually an indication that you've lost the argument. ..just saying. .

ennis

"When you start posting personal stuff as a reply, its usually an indication that you've lost the argument. ..just saying. . "
yeah so ur first word on said subjest were ARE U ADVOCATTING HOOLIGISM?so dats wasnst a personal question to me?kettle bpot

ennis

"I'm completely lost on this thread and your last post OP didn't make it any better bringing the GAA in.

"

why shudnt i brng in the gaa and its support?after all soccer is a foreign sport.hurling and gaelic are played in ireland.

As a season ticket holder and travelling fan you strike me as someone who has never been to a game. Someone who has never seen the passion and sacrifice we make to get to the games. The game in bordeaux when we got hammered by Belgium we were devastated, what did you want us to do, go out ant act like the bollocks or stand around like dry shites mumbling rebel songs cursing our bad luck....wait, I see an old couple struggling to change a tyre, f*#kum were Irish 100% anti craic, let them do it themselves.

When we won in lille I've never seen such  We play hard, support hard and sing fucking harder.

I was a steward in croke park for 25 years as a volunteer and had to deal with d*unken mouths pieces abuse young stewards while there kids sat beside them. Maybe this is the kind of passion you want from the new breed, make a name for ourselves. By the way as a fully fledged member of the new breed (25 years going to games) I think I'll pass on the cringe worthy drop kick songs. I would prefer to support the names of our own boys rather than a theme of an angry teenage boy. If you want I have about 40 videos on my phone of us dancing in a tunnel to get out of the rain, carrying a guy around in a shopping trolley lifted over our head. A restaurant owner handing us out free beers...why, because he was allowed to take point in some of our songs. That should give you enough to complain about for season or two.  This kind of post annoys me but I'm sure that's not hard to tell. I mean no offence but OP your clueless on the matter of Irish supporters our passion and reputation

ennis

were you d*unk writing this? I hope so."

nah wasnt d*unk lol just listened to an hour on newsline on said subject,and joe duffy.plus read a cple articles on newspapers and a thread on fb.people are miffed are the over playing the nice card is allwe dont see it here why abroad.

"When you start posting personal stuff as a reply, its usually an indication that you've lost the argument. ..just saying. . yeah so ur first word on said subjest were ARE U ADVOCATTING HOOLIGISM?so dats wasnst a personal question to me?kettle bpot"
..I asked you a question, how is that personal? ..you made comments about other posters personal appearance. ..lol..that's personal.

ennis

As a season ticket holder and travelling fan you strike me as someone who has never been to a game. Someone who has never seen the passion and sacrifice we make to get to the games. The game in bordeaux when we got hammered by Belgium we were devastated, what did you want us to do, go out ant act like the bollocks or stand around like dry shites mumbling rebel songs cursing our bad luck....wait, I see an old couple struggling to change a tyre, f*#kum were Irish 100% anti craic, let them do it themselves.

When we won in lille I've never seen such  We play hard, support hard and sing fucking harder.

I was a steward in croke park for 25 years as a volunteer and had to deal with d*unken mouths pieces abuse young stewards while there kids sat beside them. Maybe this is the kind of passion you want from the new breed, make a name for ourselves. By the way as a fully fledged member of the new breed (25 years going to games) I think I'll pass on the cringe worthy drop kick songs. I would prefer to support the names of our own boys rather than a theme of an angry teenage boy. If you want I have about 40 videos on my phone of us dancing in a tunnel to get out of the rain, carrying a guy around in a shopping trolley lifted over our head. A restaurant owner handing us out free beers...why, because he was allowed to take point in some of our songs. That should give you enough to complain about for season or two.  This kind of post annoys me but I'm sure that's not hard to tell. I mean no offence but OP your clueless on the matter of Irish supporters our passion and reputation

"

ok lets go go wit coybig tune sorry u dont like the drop kickseach to ther own.or we go wit the ya ya kolo kolo toure chanti like dat one tis very irishand does mention our boys names 2

ennis

"When you start posting personal stuff as a reply, its usually an indication that you've lost the argument. ..just saying. . yeah so ur first word on said subjest were ARE U ADVOCATTING HOOLIGISM?so dats wasnst a personal question to me?kettle bpot..I asked you a question, how is that personal? ..you made comments about other posters personal appearance. ..lol..that's personal. "
i cud u ask u a question too but it wud b personalil keep dat to myself dohand to answer ur question u even asking me bout advocatting hooligism is a personal slant.av noting to do wit it or never will.its a british ting dat comes wit a british game.soccer.dats why the irish lads av never had trouble.its not an national sport.

By *igertigerCouple (MM)  over a year ago

nr you

"

ok lets go go wit coybig tune sorry u dont like the drop kickseach to ther own.or we go wit the ya ya kolo kolo toure chanti like dat one tis very irishand does mention our boys names 2"

The kolo tune was started by a crowd of English supporters who met kolo in a crowd and he joined them singing it. Do you only listen to trad Irish music on the radio, spit in the ground when an English band comes on. You must be delighted when we embarrass ourselves at the Eurovision every year. God forbid someone likes us. Your replies are becoming more nonsensical as you post them. Put your shovel down and stick on the Wolf tones, no harm being wrong as long as you admit it

ennis

ok lets go go wit coybig tune sorry u dont like the drop kickseach to ther own.or we go wit the ya ya kolo kolo toure chanti like dat one tis very irishand does mention our boys names 2

The kolo tune was started by a crowd of English supporters who met kolo in a crowd and he joined them singing it. Do you only listen to trad Irish music on the radio, spit in the ground when an English band comes on. You must be delighted when we embarrass ourselves at the Eurovision every year. God forbid someone likes us. Your replies are becoming more nonsensical as you post them. Put your shovel down and stick on the Wolf tones, no harm being wrong as long as you admit it "

well u admit ur wrong now cuz iv enclosed a link wit irish fans singing yaya chant to a random colured manhappy viewinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab82bC9f01Y

OP have you ever been to a soccer match international or otherwise.

ennis

"OP have you ever been to a soccer match international or otherwise. "
yes a lota games.but not in cple year.

What was the last game you went to see. I'm sure I was probably at it. If you're in trouble I'm sure Google can help you pick out an old fixture

ennis

"What was the last game you went to see. I'm sure I was probably at it. If you're in trouble I'm sure Google can help you pick out an old fixture"
dats my businessim shur google cud help u pick out a new dress

The kolo tune was started by a crowd of English supporters who met kolo in a crowd and he joined them singing it. Do you only listen to trad Irish music on the radio, spit in the ground when an English band comes on. You must be delighted when we embarrass ourselves at the Eurovision every year. God forbid someone likes us. Your replies are becoming more nonsensical as you post them. Put your shovel down and stick on the Wolf tones, no harm being wrong as long as you admit it well u admit ur wrong now cuz iv enclosed a link wit irish fans singing yaya chant to a random colured manhappy viewinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab82bC9f01Y"

I did state how it started and not that the Irish started it. we are only allowed to sign each chant once ? . OP give it up, last time I saw a horse flogged this much it cost me 25 quid in the grand national

ennis

The kolo tune was started by a crowd of English supporters who met kolo in a crowd and he joined them singing it. Do you only listen to trad Irish music on the radio, spit in the ground when an English band comes on. You must be delighted when we embarrass ourselves at the Eurovision every year. God forbid someone likes us. Your replies are becoming more nonsensical as you post them. Put your shovel down and stick on the Wolf tones, no harm being wrong as long as you admit it well u admit ur wrong now cuz iv enclosed a link wit irish fans singing yaya chant to a random colured manhappy viewinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab82bC9f01Y

I did state how it started and not that the Irish started it. we are only allowed to sign each chant once ? . OP give it up, last time I saw a horse flogged this much it cost me 25 quid in the grand national "

i am wrng and so r othersthread dead bbycoybig;-)

Tha Irish fans are adored around Europe .. Anything that sends a good message to country's that we do business with has to be good !! COWBIG

"When you start posting personal stuff as a reply, its usually an indication that you've lost the argument. ..just saying. . yeah so ur first word on said subjest were ARE U ADVOCATTING HOOLIGISM?so dats wasnst a personal question to me?kettle bpot..I asked you a question, how is that personal? ..you made comments about other posters personal appearance. ..lol..that's personal. i cud u ask u a question too but it wud b personalil keep dat to myself dohand to answer ur question u even asking me bout advocatting hooligism is a personal slant.av noting to do wit it or never will.its a british ting dat comes wit a british game.soccer.dats why the irish lads av never had trouble.its not an national sport."
...ask away....

I'm guessing that this OP is Burned, Served, & frankly we should be a little embarrassed for him. I was putting together a description of the perfect fan but it got so confusing all I can tell you is he's carrying around a "support our services" charity tin...

"Some people will whine about anything. What harm are the fans doing? whining?lol asked peoples opions on the euro irish fans is all.we all know ther the best in the world.as i said just dont wanna b a nation wher people laugh at us NOT WITH US...I don't think that helping an elderly couple change a tyre, or singing to a baby, is a reason for other nations to laugh AT us...I can't imagine what would give you that idea?

I was on the tube in London in 1990 where both English & Irish fan were on their way to Wembley. There was killings on the train. English fans started fights. It was that bad the train came to an emergancy stop and police arrived. There were parents with young kids on the train. Given the choice I would choose the craic of listening to silent night being sung to a toddler over what I experienced any day

"

Scary stuff, sorry to hear that and you post wipes this thread out...end of, no argument! The Irish are renowned world wide for their hospitality, charm and charity both at home and abroad and this applies to the fans also. Stop defending an invalid point... it's dead in the water!

Ah would you ever fuck up and but the shovel away. So you listened to something on Duffy and thought you'd regurgitate it, but you're barely articulate man and just end saying things you possibly don't mean. Those shows have to be contrary otherwise there would be very little for them to paw over.

Yes the portrayal has been sickly sweet but so what. Half of that has been down to the genuine behaviour of the fans the other half possibly down to media outlets picking up the story and running with it. That's how the media works. Today Louis Saha, Patrice Evra and Manu Petit all commented on the great spirit and aura of the Irish support. You can't by that kind of diplomacy. In the current political climate making friends is no bad thing

And the 'why not at home' comment is just plain naive. No consideration for the holiday atmosphere of supporting your country at a major championship. The fact that it's not one day etc etc

So that creates an extended period of time for the supporters to enjoy themselves and endear themselves to people, the parochial nature of the Gaa is not the same. These are national supporters who normally wouldn't get the chance to mix with so it's completely different. It's not like your gonna make a song and dance about sharing a pint with mick down the road before a county game. Such a bit of nonsense

OP Lisa....

If you want to be offensive, at least spell correctly.

Your spelling is actually on par with a five year old child.

Don't get me started on grammar.

So we were beaten today anyway so you won't have to put yourself through all the videos anymore.

ennis

"I'm guessing that this OP is Burned, Served, & frankly we should be a little embarrassed for him. I was putting together a description of the perfect fan but it got so confusing all I can tell you is he's carrying around a "support our services" charity tin..."
lol who said its a him?and for the burnt ,served part .im just laughing at it all tbh,thanks for the cheese

ennis

"OP Lisa....

If you want to be offensive, at least spell correctly.

Your spelling is actually on par with a five year old child.

Don't get me started on grammar.

So we were beaten today anyway so you won't have to put yourself through all the videos anymore."

whos offensive?o the wig and glasses ting?if u b offended by dat,remove ur pic from public viewi was standing up for myself wit ur EXPLAIN THE OFFSIDE RULE bit,and corrected u on the how often we did qualifyas for the grammer,cudnt give a toss .hear for sex not spelling bees

Don't start a fight with a Clare woman it will end badly

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Ah would you ever fuck up and but the shovel away. So you listened to something on Duffy and thought you'd regurgitate it, but you're barely articulate man and just end saying things you possibly don't mean. Those shows have to be contrary otherwise there would be very little for them to paw over.

Yes the portrayal has been sickly sweet but so what. Half of that has been down to the genuine behaviour of the fans the other half possibly down to media outlets picking up the story and running with it. That's how the media works. Today Louis Saha, Patrice Evra and Manu Petit all commented on the great spirit and aura of the Irish support. You can't by that kind of diplomacy. In the current political climate making friends is no bad thing

And the 'why not at home' comment is just plain naive. No consideration for the holiday atmosphere of supporting your country at a major championship. The fact that it's not one day etc etc

So that creates an extended period of time for the supporters to enjoy themselves and endear themselves to people, the parochial nature of the Gaa is not the same. These are national supporters who normally wouldn't get the chance to mix with so it's completely different. It's not like your gonna make a song and dance about sharing a pint with mick down the road before a county game. Such a bit of nonsense "

Good man.. i like your view

I should have actually said if you WANTED TO TRY TO BE offensive.

Back to subject though....

Great tournament. Great fans. Great team. And hopefully they'll have an open top bus homecoming.

"I should have actually said if you WANTED TO TRY TO BE offensive.

Great tournament. Great fans. Great team. And hopefully they'll have an open top bus homecoming."

wrong. great??

winners are only remembered.

then freedom ..

Great tournament. Great fans. Great team. And hopefully they'll have an open top bus homecoming.

wrong. great??

then freedom .."

Get off the stage will ye.

The teams and fans will be remembered for a long time after the dual performances.

Roll on the WC qualifiers n September and we start it all over.

Great tournament. Great fans. Great team. And hopefully they'll have an open top bus homecoming."

Open top bus homecoming

Mother of jesus...

Zzzzz..

ennis

open bus?bit excessive,but few thousand at airport,city etc shud shurficeall these little splinter group friends on dis forums.we love uwe hardly ever post,but read lot off forums.its the same old MATEYS who group up and try and shove ther views down sum one neck.then little buds arrive and start too.we wrote down 7 names dat kept coming up on other forums.yes the magnificent 7 arrived to tackle us on subject lol.catch yer selfs on will ye after 3 days off listing to ye I STILL TINK THOSE IRISH SUPPORTERS VIDEOS ARE PUKE INDUCINGye wont change dat.just a fucking moron wud know we have great support.never an ounce trouble.3 euros and cple world cups GREAT SUPPORT.dat wasnt the issue,i have never seen rish men act in da video incciddentsb it at hurling,gaa,soccer,at boxing matches,atlethics,in general havent seen irish men behave in dat manner,they overplayed it is all.no ammount fixing tyres and taking cats outta tree will get u results on a field.and after all isnt dat wat support is?so in an end to dis I STILL HATE SEEING IRISH MEN BEHAVE ON THE VIDS as for the little splinter groups here,ye b grouping again to av yer 2 cants worthwell i just had mine ther.we shud b proud as a nation how well we did and plese god we qualify next time.

ennis

wrong. great??

then freedom ..

Get off the stage will ye.

The teams and fans will be remembered for a long time after the dual performances.

Roll on the WC qualifiers n September and we start it all over.

"

catch yer self onsaying my grammar is like a 5 year old.dats rich coming from a man who nearly 40 wit photos off skittles.wigs ,glasses,bananas round his bolloxa 5 year old wudnt do dat

The coponmeter is broken.

ennis

"The coponmeter is broken. "
and wats your profile foto?lol ,i cant see as i have u blocked

"The coponmeter is broken. and wats your profile foto?lol ,i cant see as i have u blocked"

So unfortunately we do have something in common...

ennis

"The coponmeter is broken. and wats your profile foto?lol ,i cant see as i have u blocked

So unfortunately we do have something in common..."

is it one them glow sticks from a rave lmfaosweet jejus the numptys on dis tings .u and skittles bollox shud hook up)

ennis

Open top bus homecoming

Mother of jesus..."

i wudnt like to b da person asking roy keane to go on an open top bus

I'm off to get popcorn......

"The coponmeter is broken. and wats your profile foto?lol ,i cant see as i have u blocked

So unfortunately we do have something in common...is it one them glow sticks from a rave lmfaosweet jejus the numptys on dis tings .u and skittles bollox shud hook up)"

Please keep typing, it saves me having to make jokes as we go.

ennis

So unfortunately we do have something in common...is it one them glow sticks from a rave lmfaosweet jejus the numptys on dis tings .u and skittles bollox shud hook up)

Please keep typing, it saves me having to make jokes as we go."

wasnt a joke am serious

Fín.