FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Newbies on forums.

Newbies on forums.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's my opinion that newbies get unfair treatment on forums. Then when they decide to fight back the more established forum users gang together to put them down.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

" It's my opinion that newbies get unfair treatment on forums. Then when they decide to fight back the more established forum users gang together to put them down. "

Only when they start threads to get a row going.

" It's my opinion that newbies get unfair treatment on forums. Then when they decide to fight back the more established forum users gang together to put them down.

Only when they start threads to get a row going. "

But surely every newbie dosent start a thread to cause trouble. The more established users are well capable of doing that without any help from newbies.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" It's my opinion that newbies get unfair treatment on forums. Then when they decide to fight back the more established forum users gang together to put them down.

Only when they start threads to get a row going. "

Careful now Mikey, don't offend the newbies or they'll throw their toys out of their cots (again)

" It's my opinion that newbies get unfair treatment on forums. Then when they decide to fight back the more established forum users gang together to put them down. "
.. I totally disagree with you.

I would disagree too I have to say. I'm a relative newbie on here. I've had several threads and have had a great response. In fact the forum is the only thing keeping me on the site. I enjoy the banter on the forum but the rest of the site is a complete waste of time for me. Lol

Only when they start threads to get a row going.

Careful now Mikey, don't offend the newbies or they'll throw their toys out of their cots (again) "

With a few words you have proved my point.

By *ilbearniMan  over a year ago

peninsula

Yes. I agree. It has been my experience of this. Has put me off posting on Ireland Forum. Most of them under the guise of "advising the newbies"

Lucan

Only when they start threads to get a row going. But surely every newbie dosent start a thread to cause trouble. The more established users are well capable of doing that without any help from newbies. "

My suspicions are that this one was started for that very reason. If it was started immediately after one line you've mentioned then I'd have taken it at gave value but I haven't seen any problems with newbies in the last while. Most newbies just get on with it the same as the rest of us. The only problems that occur are when some look for special recognition. Life is too short for some of the paranoia around here. Now, I hope I'm not late for the morning clique meeting where we discuss who to gang up on today.

What's unfair treatment?

I don't get the point of this...

All I see you doing is further ostracising yourself from the community by continuously digging away at this.

Why not just pull up your man pants and get on with it, or you'll find that whining is all you'll be doing for your duration on site

Lucan

"I don't get the point of this...

All I see you doing is further ostracising yourself from the community by continuously digging away at this.

Why not just pull up your man pants and get on with it, or you'll find that whining is all you'll be doing for your duration on site "

Sorry about that

I'm a newbie.

And I'm done with newbies.

I have given time and energy to try to give advice and my perspective on things and nothing ever changes. They either troll, have a tantrum (a mantrum), start insulting people or ignore what people advise. So I'm done

"What's unfair treatment?"
As the more established users say look through the forums and you can see for yourself.

Only when they start threads to get a row going. But surely every newbie dosent start a thread to cause trouble. The more established users are well capable of doing that without any help from newbies.

My suspicions are that this one was started for that very reason. If it was started immediately after one line you've mentioned then I'd have taken it at gave value but I haven't seen any problems with newbies in the last while. Most newbies just get on with it the same as the rest of us. The only problems that occur are when some look for special recognition. Life is too short for some of the paranoia around here. Now, I hope I'm not late for the morning clique meeting where we discuss who to gang up on today. "

Of course it was only started to rile up something, that's pretty obvious

Only when they start threads to get a row going. But surely every newbie dosent start a thread to cause trouble. The more established users are well capable of doing that without any help from newbies. "

Shur participate in forums as much as you like you don't need anyone's permission you're a big boy.

I've often made a comment and got no reply back or whatever, but guess what?? I couldn't care less ill say what I want when I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone which of course I wouldn't dream of lol

Lucan

Only when they start threads to get a row going. But surely every newbie dosent start a thread to cause trouble. The more established users are well capable of doing that without any help from newbies.

Shur participate in forums as much as you like you don't need anyone's permission you're a big boy.

I've often made a comment and got no reply back or whatever, but guess what?? I couldn't care less ill say what I want when I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone which of course I wouldn't dream of lol "

Please use the search function & look up the "newbie" & "not real" threads in the Irish forum both from the last week.

"I'm a newbie.

I have given time and energy to try to give advice and my perspective on things and nothing ever changes. They either troll, have a tantrum (a mantrum), start insulting people or ignore what people advise. So I'm done"

That's got to be a joke the biggest trolls on here are the people attacking the newbies.

"What's unfair treatment? As the more established users say look through the forums and you can see for yourself. "

I'm really not that interested, I'd get distracted by all the nice avis & end up drooling on my keyboard.

"I'm a newbie.

I have given time and energy to try to give advice and my perspective on things and nothing ever changes. They either troll, have a tantrum (a mantrum), start insulting people or ignore what people advise. So I'm done That's got to be a joke the biggest trolls on here are the people attacking the newbies. "

No one ever attacked me. No one has ever mocked me. My posts don't always find agreement or they don't get commented on, but that's ok.

"I'm a newbie.

I have given time and energy to try to give advice and my perspective on things and nothing ever changes. They either troll, have a tantrum (a mantrum), start insulting people or ignore what people advise. So I'm done That's got to be a joke the biggest trolls on here are the people attacking the newbies.

No one ever attacked me. No one has ever mocked me. My posts don't always find agreement or they don't get commented on, but that's ok. "

You must be one of the special kind.

"What's unfair treatment? As the more established users say look through the forums and you can see for yourself.

I'm really not that interested, I'd get distracted by all the nice avis & end up drooling on my keyboard."

If you're not interested why comment in first place.

"I'm a newbie.

I have given time and energy to try to give advice and my perspective on things and nothing ever changes. They either troll, have a tantrum (a mantrum), start insulting people or ignore what people advise. So I'm done That's got to be a joke the biggest trolls on here are the people attacking the newbies.

No one ever attacked me. No one has ever mocked me. My posts don't always find agreement or they don't get commented on, but that's ok. You must be one of the special kind. "

Nope. We are not especially good looking or adventurous. We are not popular people.

But we don't come here whining or complaining either. We are not entitled to be treated in any way. On here its not your cock that gets you attention it's your personality.

I think peoplle take these forums way too seriously. If anyone gets that irriated with a particular thread or content, just log off and take a breather, step away from fab. It's that simple. Works for me.

"I'm a newbie.

No one ever attacked me. No one has ever mocked me. My posts don't always find agreement or they don't get commented on, but that's ok. You must be one of the special kind.

Nope. We are not especially good looking or adventurous. We are not popular people.

But we don't come here whining or complaining either. We are not entitled to be treated in any way. On here its not your cock that gets you attention it's your personality. "

"What's unfair treatment? As the more established users say look through the forums and you can see for yourself.

I'm really not that interested, I'd get distracted by all the nice avis & end up drooling on my keyboard. If you're not interested why comment in first place. "

(Here we go) I asked a question to clarify what you're whinging about today. You answered with a negative response so I simply stated that I wouldn't be doing what you suggested as it's your problem, not mine.

Simples.

"I think peoplle take these forums way too seriously. If anyone gets that irriated with a particular thread or content, just log off and take a breather, step away from fab. It's that simple. Works for me.

"

Exactly. It's like any forum. You won't find validation here. It's just people talking at each other

"I think peoplle take these forums way too seriously. If anyone gets that irriated with a particular thread or content, just log off and take a breather, step away from fab. It's that simple. Works for me.

"

I'm not disagreeing with you but sometimes you got to stand your ground.

peninsula

I'm not disagreeing with you but sometimes you got to stand your ground. "

I started a thread on topic of puberty hair style and was flamed. Yet the one started yesterday on same topics was left alone. Hopefully lessons learned.

Funny that the main reasons for "piss being taken " was that topic had been done to death, yet this wasn't pointed out to post op yesterday. I must have posted on a slow day.

Do look back at my post, let me know were I went wrong please. Constructively of course.

What ground are you standing on? There are lots of newbies who get on just fine. And you are not standing on their ground. Are you fighting for the people who post negative things and then delete their account ?

Like the guy who said hospitals are shit and doctors left a woman having a heart attack in the waiting room, or the guy who said no one here was really a swinger or the guy who called everyone douchebags because he couldn't get a meet, or the guy who called every woman a bitch because he only got 3 meets in 3 months ... what ground are you defending?

I started a thread on topic of puberty hair style and was flamed. Yet the one started yesterday on same topics was left alone. Hopefully lessons learned.

Funny that the main reasons for "piss being taken " was that topic had been done to death, yet this wasn't pointed out to post op yesterday. I must have posted on a slow day.

Do look back at my post, let me know were I went wrong please. Constructively of course. "

Just look above who has posted on this thread and it tells you all you need to know.

I probably don't care enough about opinions or words here from total strangers to let it get to me but good luck

What ground are you standing on? There are lots of newbies who get on just fine. And you are not standing on their ground. Are you fighting for the people who post negative things and then delete their account ?

Like the guy who said hospitals are shit and doctors left a woman having a heart attack in the waiting room, or the guy who said no one here was really a swinger or the guy who called everyone douchebags because he couldn't get a meet, or the guy who called every woman a bitch because he only got 3 meets in 3 months ... what ground are you defending?"

Don't forget about the people that post on every thread just to be seen.

Do look back at my post, let me know were I went wrong please. Constructively of course. "

...i gave you advice on how to keep your thread on track,a well known troll made a comment. You gave him a thumbs up.is that what you're talking about?.

Like every poster here, you are entitled to your opinion.

The tone of your post I.e. 'fight back' provides some insight into your approach to the forum.

I never see the forum as a fight, debate yes, we can all agree to disagree. Doesn't mean its a fight. In fact if it gets tetchy, I normally lose interest.

In my opinion, the forum is banter, and yes there is a bit of slagging sometimes but isn't any group of people not got the wind up merchant, who will obviously make a witty smartass comment cos some people are easily wound up. Trick is not to get wound up and take the comments personally.

Yes, there are sometimes rude comments but I don't see that these are always directed at newbies. The rude arrogrant posters treat all posters with equal rudeness.

I not sure OP what you wanted to gain from this, only to antagonise forum posters

There is no 'them' and 'us' scenario like you suggest

If you have ability to stand your ground by the ability of humour then hell ya give them all in forum socks but if you stand your ground by use of insults then sorry you have lost the battle already in my eyes and i direct this to everyone.... and if all goes South there is always Pizza peace out

Some people put up threads just to rub people up the wrong way....

There's a particular person who has several profiles, always has one on the ready if he gets a ban or goes UNLOS...... now I'm sure a lot here will know who I'm talking about......

.... To the non newbies.... I wish to God you would ignore those threads because he'll get bored when he's sees that he's being ignored & his tactics aren't working anymore.... And maybe he will give up on the site then who knows but by commenting on his threads you're only encouraging him & by continuously commenting you're egging him on....

.... if there's a thread you don't like, why comment on it because it causes people to bicker & fight & you know what, it's sad & pathetic to see that...... we're all adults here but some of you choose to behave like children..... maybe you want to I don't know but PLEASE STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND GROW THE HELL UP!!

Well that's my 2 cents worth, I hope people take heed of what I say!!

The tone of your post I.e. 'fight back' provides some insight into your approach to the forum.

I never see the forum as a fight, debate yes, we can all agree to disagree. Doesn't mean its a fight. In fact if it gets tetchy, I normally lose interest.

In my opinion, the forum is banter, and yes there is a bit of slagging sometimes but isn't any group of people not got the wind up merchant, who will obviously make a witty smartass comment cos some people are easily wound up. Trick is not to get wound up and take the comments personally.

Yes, there are sometimes rude comments but I don't see that these are always directed at newbies. The rude arrogrant posters treat all posters with equal rudeness.

I not sure OP what you wanted to gain from this, only to antagonise forum posters

"

I put up this thread to prove a point. I think by the replies received I've provide my point.

Great, can we move on now?

"Great, can we move on now?"
I have no problem with that.

I put up this thread to prove a point. I think by the replies received I've provide my point. "

...you've proved it to yourself mabye...don't think you convinced anyone else. Imo of course

I spent 3 years on a Liverpool FC forum .... THAT was a humbling experience. Discussing the qualities of vagard heggem without starting a fight was impossible.

So i guess my perspective is off. By comparison to that here is a cake walk.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Whilst i don't agree with how the op has raised the subject, i absolutely agree that that the Ireland sub can be very unwelcoming to a newbie. I'm not defending the 'fuckingbitcheswhycan'tigetameet' post.

Its impossible to deny there are certain forum users bully deride dismiss and derail topics. The same posters are then very quick to take offence and then use this to justify their tone and remarks.

There was a recent thread here where there was savage brutal feral bullying of a guy that made a post here. A number of comments on the thread were saying they were just waiting until the guy went UNLOS. I couldn't believe that they were brave enough to say that it only a matter of time before he went offsite given the remarks made about him and his profile.

Because someone says something inappropriate or uses the forum to post a meet request doesn't justify the savagery and rudeness of the responses.

On a related topic, white knights....grow a pair. Some of the craven sycophantic responses are beyond embarrassment.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Seen as you insist on banging on about pubes,shaved. I'd rather shaved. Jeez

I put up this thread to prove a point. I think by the replies received I've provide my point. ...you've proved it to yourself mabye...don't think you convinced anyone else. Imo of course"

Well to have proved it to myself is good enough for me. after all its every man and woman for themselves and god for us all

I put up this thread to prove a point. I think by the replies received I've provide my point. ...you've proved it to yourself mabye...don't think you convinced anyone else. Imo of course Well to have proved it to myself is good enough for me. after all its every man and woman for themselves and god for us all"

...no bother

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I was actually expecting this thread. It was hanging in the air....now it came down, anyway why not?

I know the forum can be a bit daunting when you freshly join up here. Here's my tip for a newbie: Read the forum for a while, maybe post here or there a comment. Observe and make notes with your eyes and ears wide open and you will meet some of the regular forum characters and get a feeling for the dynamic. Some people you might like others you won't but you will find how to deal with their comments or simply avoid them. Like that you can slowly grow into this forum that can provide a good laugh sometimes, advise or just to meet the forum fabbers.

However if you turn up here as a newbie with a bulldozer posting derogative sounding sentences like 'look just above who posted on this thread' putting us all down in one go, you will find that the peeps won't give you a cuddly ride.

I'll just add that a new profile doesn't mean new fabber or new forumites. Reincarnation is real

Lucan

You weren't criticised for the content of the thread. You were criticised for your complete overreaction to two light hearted comments.

I hear the saying grow a pair used a lot on this site.some people should practice what they preach.

"I'll just add that a new profile doesn't mean new fabber or new forumites. Reincarnation is real "

Hear, hear.

What DH said is right. Newbies should take their time to get the feel for people on here. Work out who's who, work out peoples character.

You wouldn't start a new job or using a new pub and just plow right in, you'd take your time.

I take the 'smart' comments as humour - people aren't always having a go - its just banter.

And not all newbies get a doing. We were all newbies once and we're still here

By *ohn MingoMan  over a year ago

Dublin

The OP has convinced himself that "people disagreeing with my opinion" equals "ganging up on me" If that's the case then there's no point in further discussion, but i'll throw my oar in anyway.

There was a long thread the other day about a certain taboo subject here on the forums. It was eventually pulled, but got to over 100 posts. none of those involved in the discussion resulted to bullying tactics, or name calling or insults. WHY? because it was conducted in a civilised manner. opinions were stated as such, as were facts.

What the more experienced users here are jaded by, is the fact that a lot of people wade into this forum with a particular online persona, and proceed to either make inane, trolling or downright cringeworthy posts.

think of it as attending a party. If you went to a party and knew nobody and stood in the room and the first thing you said was "hey idiots, come talk to me or else you're all stuck up cunts" what do you think the reaction would be?

or if you said "hey all i'm new, but i'd like to be friends, can you help?" .....everything goes well for an hour or two, then when you've mingled and spoken to a few people and THEN you say "hey, you're all idiots i don't know why i'm even at this party now"

now imagine the regular party goers have to put up with that at every party.....wouldn't they be wary of every newcomer?

The point is, we've seen so many people here come and go, they start out "nice" and soon turn nasty. People are wary about helping newbies as they can turn around within 24 hours and abuse you, or the community itself.

I'm sorry you, and other newbies feel hard done by, but sadly it's the nature of the forum. we've been burned so often that we're wary, and some of us are keeping an eye out for the next troll attack.

because the rules of the forum actually allow trolls to thrive (in my opinion) the state of the forum is not likely to change any time soon, so if we have to suck it up about trolls, newbies are gonna have to grow a thick skin and get used to it.

I wish it wasn't that way, I really do. but it is what it is.

to sum up, if you behave like a reasonable normal person, you'll get a bit of slagging, and some banter, but you'll be grand.

if you behave like an asshole then don't be surprised if people "gang up on you"

There is always a clique on forums it happens. I wouldn't say forums are unfair on newbies but most newbies don't know the ettique for them so without lurking for a few days and getting the vibe they could over step some lines.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Simple light hearted humour was seen as a personal attack on ur thread and once it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped

Same as down the pub with a few lads and they see they are getting under ur skin they up the tempo of ur annoyance

It's simple really u don't arrive in to the pub start a subject and scold anyone that deviates from the original content of subject

By the way there's countless threads by newbies where they jellied right in even look at me I am new here threads have gone down well because they joined in rather than tried to rule

It's humane nature

limerick

"I was actually expecting this thread. It was hanging in the air....now it came down, anyway why not?

I know the forum can be a bit daunting when you freshly join up here. Here's my tip for a newbie: Read the forum for a while, maybe post here or there a comment. Observe and make notes with your eyes and ears wide open and you will meet some of the regular forum characters and get a feeling for the dynamic. Some people you might like others you won't but you will find how to deal with their comments or simply avoid them. Like that you can slowly grow into this forum that can provide a good laugh sometimes, advise or just to meet the forum fabbers.

However if you turn up here as a newbie with a bulldozer posting derogative sounding sentences like 'look just above who posted on this thread' putting us all down in one go, you will find that the peeps won't give you a cuddly ride. "

I do like a cuddly ride at times

"I hear the saying grow a pair used a lot on this site.some people should practice what they preach."
...what a coincidence. ..I gave you that same advice yesterday. ...practice what you preach. ....

"There is always a clique on forums it happens. I wouldn't say forums are unfair on newbies but most newbies don't know the ettique for them so without lurking for a few days and getting the vibe they could over step some lines."

I don't even think theres really cliques. Its just people that have been around the forums for years know one another - either just on the forums or have met in 'real life'.

If you walk into a pub, you join your friends you don't go and stand with a bunch of strangers.

(I'm not having a go here at your use of the word clique )

"I hear the saying grow a pair used a lot on this site.some people should practice what they preach....what a coincidence. ..I gave you that same advice yesterday. ...practice what you preach. .... "
Well you see I do listen to what people say.

on the hill NordWest of

"Whilst i don't agree with how the op has raised the subject, i absolutely agree that that the Ireland sub can be very unwelcoming to a newbie. I'm not defending the 'fuckingbitcheswhycan'tigetameet' post.

Its impossible to deny there are certain forum users bully deride dismiss and derail topics. The same posters are then very quick to take offence and then use this to justify their tone and remarks.

There was a recent thread here where there was savage brutal feral bullying of a guy that made a post here. A number of comments on the thread were saying they were just waiting until the guy went UNLOS. I couldn't believe that they were brave enough to say that it only a matter of time before he went offsite given the remarks made about him and his profile.

Because someone says something inappropriate or uses the forum to post a meet request doesn't justify the savagery and rudeness of the responses.

On a related topic, white knights....grow a pair. Some of the craven sycophantic responses are beyond embarrassment. "

Yeah, I've noticed a while ago that you're a pop up knight....

What are you standing your ground against? People not agreeing with you? You better dig in so, cause you'll get that a lot on the internet.

I'm a relative newbie, as in there are probably only about 5 posters here, who were on Fab when I was before. I comment on whatever gets my attention, sometimes people engage, sometimes they don't. So what? I really can't get my head around what you're complaining about.

We will all have opinions and all have the right to express them .. if done in respectful even humourous manner then they are respected done in insulting derogatory way then sorry they are not... i wont disrespect someones opinion. I might not agree but will respect it if they dont try force on myself in insulting derogatory manner. Here life to short to worry about this stuff ... smile have a laugh and enjoy the ride (literally) from the reason you joined Fab.

I disagree, i think it depends how the new user approaches forum use, if they set out to be controversial then of course they will get flack. If they get involved and contribute positively the response will be positive

Lucan

What are you standing your ground against? People not agreeing with you? You better dig in so, cause you'll get that a lot on the internet.

I'm a relative newbie, as in there are probably only about 5 posters here, who were on Fab when I was before. I comment on whatever gets my attention, sometimes people engage, sometimes they don't. So what? I really can't get my head around what you're complaining about. "

Well said!

peninsula

Do look back at my post, let me know were I went wrong please. Constructively of course.

Simple light hearted humour was seen as a personal attack on ur thread and once it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped

Same as down the pub with a few lads and they see they are getting under ur skin they up the tempo of ur annoyance

It's simple really u don't arrive in to the pub start a subject and scold anyone that deviates from the original content of subject

By the way there's countless threads by newbies where they jellied right in even look at me I am new here threads have gone down well because they joined in rather than tried to rule

It's humane nature "

it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped

Now what you say above, I would classify that as bullying.

Also, so called light hearted banter, constantly derailing threads with look at me aren't I witty comments, gets very tiresome. This is what I was trying to point out, but standing up for yourself is seen as whining. I am a newish poster to forum but have been around a while and read the Ireland Forum too, I should have known what to expect I suppose.

Some folk here see themselves as self appointed Forum arbitrators.just because they have been here longer? My advise, go check out other countries and compare to this one.

Derry

"Whilst i don't agree with how the op has raised the subject, i absolutely agree that that the Ireland sub can be very unwelcoming to a newbie. I'm not defending the 'fuckingbitcheswhycan'tigetameet' post.

On a related topic, white knights....grow a pair. Some of the craven sycophantic responses are beyond embarrassment.

Yeah, I've noticed a while ago that you're a pop up knight.... "

Why thank you, i would prefer to liken myself to a dog with a boner. Prepared to show and use my teeth when the situation arises. My default is to be civil and polite.

OP. Stick around, you'll see this particular dance again. Its all a bit of craic, light hearted banter....don't take it seriously.....Remarks said by bullies and their enablers since forever. As much as I would love to get my teeth into this topic, the real world has to take priority for me today.

Dublin

" My advise, go check out other countries and compare to this one. "

You might be right, but i don't think the other countries forums have to put up with the bullshit we do (correct me if i'm wrong)

OP I said it on your last thread in relation to this subject - you wouldn't choose to interact with people you dislike in the real world, so why do it here?

Derry

" My advise, go check out other countries and compare to this one.

You might be right, but i don't think the other countries forums have to put up with the bullshit we do (correct me if i'm wrong)

"

'But Miss, he started it'

You're responsible for your own utterances, don't blame anyone else.

peninsula

"

Agree John mungo. Lots of bullshit, and I have stood on the sidelines observing and now been treated to some myself for my troubles

Dublin

'But Miss, he started it'

You're responsible for your own utterances, don't blame anyone else."

Advice that should be taken by a lot around here.

Nine times out of ten my utterances are in response to other utterances.

Agree John mungo. Lots of bullshit, and I have stood on the sidelines observing and now been treated to some myself for my troubles

"

And I'm sure it wasn't newbies that give you the most trouble.More like the want to be comedians on the forum's.

on the hill NordWest of

Yeah, I've noticed a while ago that you're a pop up knight....

Why thank you, i would prefer to liken myself to a dog with a boner. Prepared to show and use my teeth when the situation arises. My default is to be civil and polite.

"

I know what your default is and I'm not impressed at all.

Dublin

And I'm sure it wasn't newbies that give you the most trouble.More like the want to be comedians on the forum's. "

Serious question: do you still think the people on this thread disagreeing with you are ganging up on you?

Everyone gets abuse on here not just newbies. I get it all the time on the forums.

But I don't complain about because I don't know you so your opinion means nothing to me.

Seriously do you really care? How important is peoples opinion to you? If you're not getting on well in the forums there are still loads to talk to in private chats.

I agree with everything John Mingo said in his post...

Plus don't take it personally if somebody disagrees with you or makes a joke of something you say...

To be honest the forums are a great and a terrible way of getting to know people...

When I see smart arsed comments of guys slagging big/skinny girls it's like "yawn" another brown nosed poster...

And private note functions I keep a note of somebody who's been nasty or unfair or nice and I agree if I get a mail it's usually followed by I'm not interested or I'm glad you mailed...

But I love the funny replies...

The messers like McCarthy Warrior Fooie and Cj..the place would be boring as hell without them...

" What are you standing your ground against? People not agreeing with you? You better dig in so, cause you'll get that a lot on the internet.

I'm a relative newbie, as in there are probably only about 5 posters here, who were on Fab when I was before. I comment on whatever gets my attention, sometimes people engage, sometimes they don't. So what? I really can't get my head around what you're complaining about. "

I totally agree with Rounders (as much as it pains me to say it ). I read the forums daily but tend not to comment on many of the threads for several reasons mainly because they don't interest me or I have nothing of use to add. With all respect OP you don't seem like a happy chappy as some of your recent comments on various threads have been negative ones about how newbies are mis-treated but some of them reap what they sow! Not everyone is going to agree with everything that is posted and by posting threads like this only makes you come across in a negative manner which in my opinion is not very attractive.

Ladies ladies ladies

And gentlemen too

.....One Two ....Three.....

Big big group hug......

.....Now, isn't that much much bettter!

"I agree with everything John Mingo said in his post...

Plus don't take it personally if somebody disagrees with you or makes a joke of something you say...

To be honest the forums are a great and a terrible way of getting to know people...

When I see smart arsed comments of guys slagging big/skinny girls it's like "yawn" another brown nosed poster...

And private note functions I keep a note of somebody who's been nasty or unfair or nice and I agree if I get a mail it's usually followed by I'm not interested or I'm glad you mailed...

The messers like McCarthy Warrior Fooie and Cj..the place would be boring as hell without them...

"

limerick

It's humane nature

it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped

Also, so called light hearted banter, constantly derailing threads with look at me aren't I witty comments, gets very tiresome. This is what I was trying to point out, but standing up for yourself is seen as whining. I am a newish poster to forum but have been around a while and read the Ireland Forum too, I should have known what to expect I suppose.

Some folk here see themselves as self appointed Forum arbitrators.just because they have been here longer? My advise, go check out other countries and compare to this one. "

I disagree with ur interpretation of bullying however that's only my opinion

Bullying however is a very serious accusation which should be kept for serious instances of this despicable action not bandied around a forum where the subject was wheather u like a bit of fuzz on a pussy or not

Threads are just conversations amongst a group of people and in any conversation amongst a group of people they will go off topic at some stage,some of those off topic posts are aimed to lighten the subject others branch off and become the main topic for other threads. Usually u find if u go with the ebb and flow they end up where u were going That's life u live and learn that u have to allow for other people's dalliance and the sooner u learn to laugh along and even some times laugh at ur self ull find that zen space ur looking for

on the hill NordWest of

It's humane nature

Some folk here see themselves as self appointed Forum arbitrators.just because they have been here longer? My advise, go check out other countries and compare to this one.

Bullying however is a very serious accusation which should be kept for serious instances of this despicable action not bandied around a forum where the subject was wheather u like a bit of fuzz on a pussy or not

Threads are just conversations amongst a group of people and in any conversation amongst a group of people they will go off topic at some stage,some of those off topic posts are aimed to lighten the subject others branch off and become the main topic for other threads. Usually u find if u go with the ebb and flow they end up where u were going That's life u live and learn that u have to allow for other people's dalliance and the sooner u learn to laugh along and even some times laugh at ur self ull find that zen space ur looking for "

Hey cj, is there a zen spot?

limerick

It's humane nature

Threads are just conversations amongst a group of people and in any conversation amongst a group of people they will go off topic at some stage,some of those off topic posts are aimed to lighten the subject others branch off and become the main topic for other threads. Usually u find if u go with the ebb and flow they end up where u were going That's life u live and learn that u have to allow for other people's dalliance and the sooner u learn to laugh along and even some times laugh at ur self ull find that zen space ur looking for

Hey cj, is there a zen spot? "

It's just there beside the g spot stimulate the g spot and the zen appears

Hey stop derailing the thread

I will treat people here like I do in everyday life. If someone goes on like a smartass I treat them so.if someone is funny without putting people down I will laugh with them. If I'm wrong about someone I will apologies.

limerick

"I will treat people here like I do in everyday life. If someone goes on like a smartass I treat them so.if someone is funny without putting people down I will laugh with them. If I'm wrong about someone I will apologies. "

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve

"I agree with everything John Mingo said in his post...

"

I personally would remove a few names from your list.

"I will treat people here like I do in everyday life. If someone goes on like a smartass I treat them so.if someone is funny without putting people down I will laugh with them. If I'm wrong about someone I will apologies.

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve "

Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you.

peninsula

It's humane nature

Threads are just conversations amongst a group of people and in any conversation amongst a group of people they will go off topic at some stage,some of those off topic posts are aimed to lighten the subject others branch off and become the main topic for other threads. Usually u find if u go with the ebb and flow they end up where u were going That's life u live and learn that u have to allow for other people's dalliance and the sooner u learn to laugh along and even some times laugh at ur self ull find that zen space ur looking for "

I disagree wholeheartedly. My interpretation is correct

Bullying is.Bullying, no. Matter if you.think it is serious or not. What this person said quite clearly is a former of bullying. " it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped " Very clearly bullying

He even admits to.doing it. Classic bullying behaviour. Can't mistake that. tell me that what was said about seeing someone , in their view, not handling a situation, and then joining in with the "bamter" to make them feel worse is not bullying. Please.

"

......can you tell us what exactly you were treated to? ....I've just re read the full thread?

peninsula

It's humane nature

Bullying is Bullying, no Matter if you think it is serious or not.

What this person said quite clearly is a former of bullying.

" it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped "

Very clearly bullying

He even admits to.doing it. Classic bullying behaviour.

Can't mistake that. tell me that what was said about seeing someone , in their view, not handling a situation, and then joining in with the "banter" to have a go and make them feel worse, is not bullying. Please.

Lucan

I don't give a shite. I shall post as and when I feel like it. If that's a problem for some then so be it. I have no concern as to whether or not everyone agrees with me. If anyone wishes to be offended by anything I've posted, work away, it's not going to trouble me unduly. I can't recall ever posting anything offensive but still people manage to take offense. I discovered that there was no point in worrying about it when I turned 16.

limerick

It's humane nature

Bullying is.Bullying, no. Matter if you.think it is serious or not. What this person said quite clearly is a former of bullying. " it was seen that u couldn't handle people bantering the masses flooded, the more u protested the more joined and u flipped " Very clearly bullying

He even admits to.doing it. Classic bullying behaviour. Can't mistake that. tell me that what was said about seeing someone , in their view, not handling a situation, and then joining in with the "bamter" to make them feel worse is not bullying. Please. "

And constantly ramming ur opinion right or wrong down people's throats is also bullying

U ur self pointed out u posted a thread on a subject and it went west the very next day a very similar thread was posted and it was dealt with in a completely constructive Manor. Can u go read both threads compare them and tell us why urs went west and the other blossomed

Or do I have to point it out to u

OP true but new members in their enthusiasm don't stop to think 'maybe I am not the first person on a swinger's site to ask do women like:anal, pubes, big cocks...etc'.

Successful newbies also tend to have a bit of common sense and don't expect instant attention and sexual gratification based on a few forum posts and 3-4 cock pics from different angles.

While I would never be harsh to a newbie I can see why it happebs.

It's humane nature

He even admits to.doing it. Classic bullying behaviour. Can't mistake that. tell me that what was said about seeing someone , in their view, not handling a situation, and then joining in with the "bamter" to make them feel worse is not bullying. Please.

And constantly ramming ur opinion right or wrong down people's throats is also bullying

U ur self pointed out u posted a thread on a subject and it went west the very next day a very similar thread was posted and it was dealt with in a completely constructive Manor. Can u go read both threads compare them and tell us why urs went west and the other blossomed

Or do I have to point it out to u "

The difference between the two threads one wasn't taking over by the self proclaimed comedians.

"I don't give a shite. I shall post as and when I feel like it. If that's a problem for some then so be it. I have no concern as to whether or not everyone agrees with me. If anyone wishes to be offended by anything I've posted, work away, it's not going to trouble me unduly. I can't recall ever posting anything offensive but still people manage to take offense. I discovered that there was no point in worrying about it when I turned 16."
......I promise to adopt the same mindset when I turn 16 mac...

peninsula

It's humane nature

Or do I have to point it out to u "

I will point it out to you.

The thread yesterday was not invaded by folk who have to leave a sarcastic or silly comment on nearly every thread. And I did point out that it was good to see.

Standing up for myself and my opinions is not bullying

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have will respect that, but if I am.being treated unfairly like the other poster has admitted happened, then I will defend myself. There is a difference . are you blaming me for being bullied?

"I will treat people here like I do in everyday life. If someone goes on like a smartass I treat them so.if someone is funny without putting people down I will laugh with them. If I'm wrong about someone I will apologies.

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. "

....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ...

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ..."

That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me.

limerick

It's humane nature

Or do I have to point it out to u

I will point it out to you.

The thread yesterday was not invaded by folk who have to leave a sarcastic or silly comment on nearly every thread. And I did point out that it was good to see.

Standing up for myself and my opinions is not bullying

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have will respect that, but if I am.being treated unfairly like the other poster has admitted happened, then I will defend myself. There is a difference . are you blaming me for being bullied? "

That's ur opinion and for better or worse I will accept it

However my opinion is that u replied in a negative controlling manner which others seen and jumped on the boat to which u threw ur toys out of the pram calling out the clique and self appointed arbitrators who replied with the respect u deserved

The second poster replied in a positive manner to those that posted and didn't reply to those he had no interest in, in my opinion he managed his thread in a positive productive Manor u turned ur negative hence reaping the rewards of the seeds u had sown

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me."

...someone like me?

God learn to use quotes sparingly...bloody newbies.

"God learn to use quotes sparingly...bloody newbies."

Is That a criticism Bref?

How very dare you ...

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me?"

Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot.

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. "

That's some lovely passive afressive work right there. And youre saying you're being picked on?

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. "

That should be list not last.

Dublin

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot.

That's some lovely passive afressive work right there. And youre saying you're being picked on? "

Agreed. thats fairly passive agressive there OP.

....oh im not famous or comedic at all...im just a frequent forum user, who hasn't insulted, bullied or treated any other forumite disrespectfully. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. ....oh im not famous or comedic at all...im just a frequent forum user, who hasn't insulted, bullied or treated any other forumite disrespectfully. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong. "

I would not know what you did or didn't do .But you're name was mentioned above as someone this site could not survive without or words to that affect.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot.

That's some lovely passive afressive work right there. And youre saying you're being picked on? "

And can I just say....I have been on this site now for over 2 years. Not a regular user on the forums but do enjoy the odd banter ones and not once has cj, fooey and Michael ever come across as bullies. Comedians yes but never bullies

Which 2 threads are being referred to?

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. ....oh im not famous or comedic at all...im just a frequent forum user, who hasn't insulted, bullied or treated any other forumite disrespectfully. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong. I would not know what you did or didn't do .But you're name was mentioned above as someone this site could not survive without or words to that affect."

.....you seem to have a problem reading posts....thats not what was said at all..Please have another look. .

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. ....oh im not famous or comedic at all...im just a frequent forum user, who hasn't insulted, bullied or treated any other forumite disrespectfully. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong. I would not know what you did or didn't do .But you're name was mentioned above as someone this site could not survive without or words to that affect."

It didn't say that at all

Dublin

That was someone else's opinion. We're asking for YOUR opinion.

who is "someone like" warrior queen?

I keep clicking on the "make an arse out of yourself" thread thinking it's this one.

Hmmm picking on someone and naming and shaming them. Do you not see that you've just done what you're accusing others of? In my eyes you're a bully now.

limerick

"I keep clicking on the "make an arse out of yourself" thread thinking it's this one. "

Just bumped the two similar threads there for ur perusal

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. ....oh im not famous or comedic at all...im just a frequent forum user, who hasn't insulted, bullied or treated any other forumite disrespectfully. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong. I would not know what you did or didn't do .But you're name was mentioned above as someone this site could not survive without or words to that affect.

who is "someone like" warrior queen?"

I personally think she's a sexy hot bit of stuff does that answers your question.

Are we ganging up in established poaters now in a bizzare turn of events?

peninsula

thank you cj . You will have to tell me where and when I said something controlling and negative to others, I believe I pointed out that some folk on here post on here in a sarcastic manner, and feel the need to contribute to threads as a piss take, especially to new posters. Now I agree, and correct me if I'm wrong, that threads go off topic etc. But it is the constant knocking down smart replies that get tiresome and do not encourage others to join in with the forum.

I have every right to challenge them on that and defend myself, I don't see it as.throwing toys out of pram.

"I keep clicking on the "make an arse out of yourself" thread thinking it's this one. "

"I keep clicking on the "make an arse out of yourself" thread thinking it's this one.

Just bumped the two similar threads there for ur perusal "

Ta CJ. is the OP here arguing about the hairy thread as the one that went south?

Dublin

Exactly and u shall be treated with the respect u deserve Unfortunately not everyone here thinks like you. ....oh I agree with that wholeheartedly. ... That means a lot to have someone like you agree with me....someone like me? Well you're name was on the comedian last above and to have someone as famous as you to agree with me helps a lot. ....oh im not famous or comedic at all...im just a frequent forum user, who hasn't insulted, bullied or treated any other forumite disrespectfully. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong. I would not know what you did or didn't do .But you're name was mentioned above as someone this site could not survive without or words to that affect.

who is "someone like" warrior queen? I personally think she's a sexy hot bit of stuff does that answers your question."

not completely no, but i've a feeling it's the best i'll get.

peninsula

Those that posted, posted respectfully not like in my case. Compare them and you will see. Thank you for your replies.

"Those that posted, posted respectfully not like in my case. Compare them and you will see. Thank you for your replies. "

Ah. Well if you read yours again, you might understand the difference. The other one made sense.

limerick

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quot

This is the passage referred to in think it's plain to see we were referred to as messers not people the site can no possibly survive without

"Those that posted, posted respectfully not like in my case. Compare them and you will see. Thank you for your replies. "
.....when you disregard advice given to you, in a completely respectful manner, and instead give a thumbs up to a known troll...you lost my respect. ..sorry

Dublin

"Those that posted, posted respectfully not like in my case. Compare them and you will see. Thank you for your replies. .....when you disregard advice given to you, in a completely respectful manner, and instead give a thumbs up to a known troll...you lost my respect. ..sorry"

who's the known troll? serious question.

By *p4it2someCouple  over a year ago

kerry

I've only just started on the forums, been a member for a while (of fab) I never realised they were such crack. I check on posts I've made but not had any interaction yet, as a newbie I suppose that takes a while?

Lucan

All I said was "that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah himself"

You're missing a couple of somes in your post, ie SOME newbies get unfair treatment and SOME more established forum users (seem to) gang together to put them down.

I agree in part with what you're saying, but I can't agree with all of it. I'm more of a watcher than a poster, I read it all, but comment on very little.

I've been a forum mod before, not here, and your comments are very familiar. Indeed, this whole thread is familiar. New people post, there is always a 'gang' of people who reply, take the piss, offer advice, encouragement etc. Some newbies go with it, some don't. One person's humour is another person's bullying. It seems to be how forums operate. Some people take it on the chin, others don't.

Forums can be great fun, I actively chose this site because it has a forum. They can also be hard and harsh. I've learned, for the most part, to take or leave it. There are some (there's that word again) people here who I find very abrasive, very quick to jump on some people, so i tend to ignore them and not interact with them. There are however, many more fun people here than not, and if you try to take it all with a pinch of salt, you will probably soon find you're laughing with them, and NOT at anyone's expense. The banter between fooey and Michael Mac is often hilarious and I always think CJ is very funny while also being a calming and thoughtful influence on the place.

It takes time to find your feet, but you will.

peninsula

This is in reply to CJS last post to me.

peninsula

You're missing a couple of somes in your post, ie SOME newbies get unfair treatment and SOME more established forum users (seem to) gang together to put them down.

I agree in part with what you're saying, but I can't agree with all of it. I'm more of a watcher than a poster, I read it all, but comment on very little.

I've been a forum mod before, not here, and your comments are very familiar. Indeed, this whole thread is familiar. New people post, there is always a 'gang' of people who reply, take the piss, offer advice, encouragement etc. Some newbies go with it, some don't. One person's humour is another person's bullying. It seems to be how forums operate. Some people take it on the chin, others don't.

Forums can be great fun, I actively chose this site because it has a forum. They can also be hard and harsh. I've learned, for the most part, to take or leave it. There are some (there's that word again) people here who I find very abrasive, very quick to jump on some people, so i tend to ignore them and not interact with them. There are however, many more fun people here than not, and if you try to take it all with a pinch of salt, you will probably soon find you're laughing with them, and NOT at anyone's expense. The banter between fooey and Michael Mac is often hilarious and I always think CJ is very funny while also being a calming and thoughtful influence on the place.

It takes time to find your feet, but you will. "

Feckin' Hell! What a long thread! And most of it not about the OPs point! Get that, eh?

Right - the thing is, there are certain people who use Multiple profiles [sometimes all at the same time!] precisely to - TROLL the Forum.

They are easy to recognise, and that's when they get responses that might [to the unaware] look like 'bullying', 'trolling' ect - but which in actuality is simply banter by those who have seen it soooooooooooo many times before that it becomes a sort of 'in-house' joke.

Dublin

totally agree, and will add that if they "WANT" to find their feet or just be purposely inflammatory.

"Those that posted, posted respectfully not like in my case. Compare them and you will see. Thank you for your replies. .....when you disregard advice given to you, in a completely respectful manner, and instead give a thumbs up to a known troll...you lost my respect. ..sorry

who's the known troll? serious question."

....sligo

"I've only just started on the forums, been a member for a while (of fab) I never realised they were such crack. I check on posts I've made but not had any interaction yet, as a newbie I suppose that takes a while?"

It will take a little time but keep at it and you'll get noticed - eventually lol

"Those that posted, posted respectfully not like in my case. Compare them and you will see. Thank you for your replies. .....when you disregard advice given to you, in a completely respectful manner, and instead give a thumbs up to a known troll...you lost my respect. ..sorry

who's the known troll? serious question.....sligo"

Jaysus is he back again

Dublin

who's the known troll? serious question.....sligo"

Anything's possible i suppose.

who's the known troll? serious question.....sligo

Anything's possible i suppose. "

To be fair, newbies wouldn't know about him

Jaysus is he back again "

....he was back for a brief period yesterday. ..I reported him, and he was removed. I will make no apology for that

Jaysus is he back again ....he was back for a brief period yesterday. ..I reported him, and he was removed. I will make no apology for that"

Who was he yesterday?

Dublin

I find it interesting that no one, OP included has challenged the arguments I put forward.

Maybe because they can't?

Well said sally

Jaysus is he back again ....he was back for a brief period yesterday. ..I reported him, and he was removed. I will make no apology for that"

Dude needs a girlfriend

By *p4it2someCouple  over a year ago

kerry

"I've only just started on the forums, been a member for a while (of fab) I never realised they were such crack. I check on posts I've made but not had any interaction yet, as a newbie I suppose that takes a while?

It will take a little time but keep at it and you'll get noticed - eventually lol"

Thanks ??

Jaysus is he back again ....he was back for a brief period yesterday. ..I reported him, and he was removed. I will make no apology for that

Who was he yesterday?"

....or more importantly. ..who is he today?

To be fair, newbies wouldn't know about him"

He wishes he was our boogieman but he's such a clown.

You used a great analogy - and spoke the Truth - no further comment needed.

"I find it interesting that no one, OP included has challenged the arguments I put forward.

Maybe because they can't?"

Thank God only 28 posts to go... plz just type anything positive and let it end in peace and harmony

Dublin

"You used a great analogy - and spoke the Truth - no further comment needed.

I find it interesting that no one, OP included has challenged the arguments I put forward.

Maybe because they can't?"

Exactly.

Freeeeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooommmmmmmmmm

"Thank God only 28 posts to go... plz just type anything positive and let it end in peace and harmony "

Dublin

"Thank God only 28 posts to go... plz just type anything positive and let it end in peace and harmony "

Why? I think this is a discussion that needs to happen.

"Freeeeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooommmmmmmmmm

Thank God only 28 posts to go... plz just type anything positive and let it end in peace and harmony "

oh i like that Alba Ga Braghhhhhhhh

"Thank God only 28 posts to go... plz just type anything positive and let it end in peace and harmony

Why? I think this is a discussion that needs to happen."

Because the point has been made , The main players havent changed their view but instead of saying ok i respect your view but Imo i disagree and we will leave at that... they are just repeating their point over and over again... thats why it should end IMO but i will respect if you disagree and will leave it at that.

Wheres Rain and her boobies to cheer all the grumpy men up?

"Thank God only 28 posts to go... plz just type anything positive and let it end in peace and harmony

Because the point has been made , The main players havent changed their view but instead of saying ok i respect your view but Imo i disagree and we will leave at that... they are just repeating their point over and over again... thats why it should end IMO but i will respect if you disagree and will leave it at that. "

Trouble is, human nature is such that arguing with people only causes them to become more entrenched in their views.

"Wheres Rain and her boobies to cheer all the grumpy men up?"
...did you not get the memo?....rain is on vacation. ...you're her replacement. .

Because the point has been made , The main players havent changed their view but instead of saying ok i respect your view but Imo i disagree and we will leave at that... they are just repeating their point over and over again... thats why it should end IMO but i will respect if you disagree and will leave it at that.

Trouble is, human nature is such that arguing with people only causes them to become more entrenched in their views."

But arguing gives impression of hostility so no good comes from that but discussion gives the impression of respect in when expression different views. Maybe its time human nature looks at how to express views better and life be bit easier still have disagreements but least everyone respects each other

"Wheres Rain and her boobies to cheer all the grumpy men up?...did you not get the memo?....rain is on vacation. ...you're her replacement. . "

I'm going out lol

Trouble is, human nature is such that arguing with people only causes them to become more entrenched in their views.

But arguing gives impression of hostility so no good comes from that but discussion gives the impression of respect in when expression different views. Maybe its time human nature looks at how to express views better and life be bit easier still have disagreements but least everyone respects each other "

And accept that some people simply wish to be antagonistic and learn to walk away

Dublin

But arguing gives impression of hostility so no good comes from that but discussion gives the impression of respect in when expression different views. Maybe its time human nature looks at how to express views better and life be bit easier still have disagreements but least everyone respects each other "

the internet and the anonymity it brings lends itself to hostility. we're all quick to argue and slow to discuss.

I've a feeling the OP was hoping for some bullying and hostility on this thread, and for the most part hasn't got it. They're doubling down on their viewpoint now because it's all they have left.

But arguing gives impression of hostility so no good comes from that but discussion gives the impression of respect in when expression different views. Maybe its time human nature looks at how to express views better and life be bit easier still have disagreements but least everyone respects each other

And accept that some people simply wish to be antagonistic and learn to walk away"

Totally 100% agree

Well looks like I'm more popular than I first thought. Thanks for all your comments. Sorry I couldn't reply to all but life got in the way.

"Wheres Rain and her boobies to cheer all the grumpy men up?...did you not get the memo?....rain is on vacation. ...you're her replacement. .

I'm going out lol"

....sorry. ..read the small print. ...you're up...

I'm pretty new here, joined months back but only decided to interact a couple of days ago. I think some of the hostility felt is caused by people joining and expecting to be included right away. I don't think being part of this site will lead to any real life meets for me, especially due to the amount of men already on here. That's OK though, not the end of the world. To be totally honest since I can't manage a date in real world I'm not surprised I can't manage it online either.

Dublin

"Well looks like I'm more popular than I first thought. Thanks for all your comments. Sorry I couldn't reply to all but life got in the way. "

who says you're popular? we're merely discussing a topic you started, and it seems the majority disagree with you.

And i don't think you can't reply to all the comments, I think you just won't.

Dublin

"I'm pretty new here, joined months back but only decided to interact a couple of days ago. I think some of the hostility felt is caused by people joining and expecting to be included right away. I don't think being part of this site will lead to any real life meets for me, especially due to the amount of men already on here. That's OK though, not the end of the world. To be totally honest since I can't manage a date in real world I'm not surprised I can't manage it online either.

"

That's not the attitude to have man, you've as much chance as the rest of us.

Chin up, you'll get there.

"I'm pretty new here, joined months back but only decided to interact a couple of days ago. I think some of the hostility felt is caused by people joining and expecting to be included right away. I don't think being part of this site will lead to any real life meets for me, especially due to the amount of men already on here. That's OK though, not the end of the world. To be totally honest since I can't manage a date in real world I'm not surprised I can't manage it online either.

That's not the attitude to have man, you've as much chance as the rest of us.

Chin up, you'll get there. "

......yes...and fyi.....doghunter handles the inaugural rides...

"All I said was "that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah himself" "

Blessed are the Cheesemakers!

(I always thought they should get something)

Thanks, I didn't mean for that to come off so negatively. It would be nice to meet up with people here, but its not the only thing that matters. Ireland is a very small field after all.

"All I said was "that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah himself"

Blessed are the Cheesemakers!

(I always thought they should get something) "

.....finish the quote....blessed are the cheesemakers. ..for they shall inherit the internet.....you're welcome. .

"

You can type a coherent sentence, that's giving you a headstart. Get rid of the cock pics too and flesh out your profile info.

By *ouple 0073Couple  over a year ago

donegal

unfortunately this appears to be true.. Unless you're a woman..!

"Well looks like I'm more popular than I first thought. Thanks for all your comments. Sorry I couldn't reply to all but life got in the way.

who says you're popular? we're merely discussing a topic you started, and it seems the majority disagree with you.

And i don't think you can't reply to all the comments, I think you just won't. "

You really know how to burst a man's bubble.

" It's my opinion that newbies get unfair treatment on forums. Then when they decide to fight back the more established forum users gang together to put them down. unfortunately this appears to be true.. Unless you're a woman..! "
Very true.

peninsula

To be fair, newbies wouldn't know about him

He wishes he was our boogieman but he's such a clown."

If I have agreed with someone who's view I share, or I agree with their comment so what, that's my prerogative.

So, because I agree with someone who you don't or you have a beef with then that makes me someone who you can't respect or interact with.

That's very childish.

Also, am I supposed to read every thread so that I can see who you deem a troll and therefore not agree with? Jeez, grow up.

limerick

Op can I ask honestly has this thread changed ur view in any way

"

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quot

This is the passage referred to in think it's plain to see we were referred to as messers not people the site can no possibly survive without "

I meant this in the nicest possible way...

As in sometimes when things get heated you often make jokes and light heart the situation...

I didn't mean as in messers or bullies...

Lucan

Ah feck, I was enjoying this thread!

Damn it, have I missed it again?