FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > TimeWasters/No-Shows

TimeWasters/No-Shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If we took all the time wasters off fab they could literally form their own site, so far we've have 5 no shows and 12 short notice cancellations (fortunately the ones that id show were all decent types).

I mean seriously why join a site justto mess others around, is anyone with me on this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think some are just fantasists, they get a kick out of just the thought of being on here...

Some are lurkers, who probably show up but sit in the background or at a distance and observe you without you knowing...

Then the 'attached' can't manage to get away.

But I'm sure you're aware that there's always decent people still around and will put the effort in

"I think some are just fantasists, they get a kick out of just the thought of being on here...

Some are lurkers, who probably show up but sit in the background or at a distance and observe you without you knowing...

But I'm sure you're aware that there's always decent people still around and will put the effort in "

yeah of course i'm totally aware the decent ones are decent as we've met a good few decent ones, just the wasters piss me right off and spoil it for us

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

Time wasters fool nobody only themselves. What comes around goes around, they always trip up to show the fools they really are. Had my fair share lately and its frustrating, Their should be a special section to name and shame these idiots.

"I think some are just fantasists, they get a kick out of just the thought of being on here...

But I'm sure you're aware that there's always decent people still around and will put the effort in

yeah of course i'm totally aware the decent ones are decent as we've met a good few decent ones, just the wasters piss me right off and spoil it for us "

Cud be worse, myself and an ex partner had a guy turn up to a gang bang and then stand in the corner of the room with his hands in his pockets talkin about the best route home lol

No offence but if it's happening that often to you then you need to reevaluate your selection method

But I'm sure you're aware that there's always decent people still around and will put the effort in "

This is it in a nutshell foo

"If we took all the time wasters off fab they could literally form their own site, so far we've have 5 no shows and 12 short notice cancellations (fortunately the ones that id show were all decent types).

I mean seriously why join a site justto mess others around, is anyone with me on this? It's a joke it's happened us many times then all of a sudden there profile disappears

"

Pretty much spot on.

As a single guy here it can be difficult enough to get a meet in the first place, between obvious preferances of people and the known volume of timewasters. If you have no intention of showing to a meet don't agree to it in the first place.

"Time wasters fool nobody only themselves. What comes around goes around, they always trip up to show the fools they really are. Had my fair share lately and its frustrating, Their should be a special section to name and shame these idiots. "

You get banned for 48 hours from forms if you name and shame but totally worth it, I agree with you it fucking sucks.

"Time wasters fool nobody only themselves. What comes around goes around, they always trip up to show the fools they really are. Had my fair share lately and its frustrating, Their should be a special section to name and shame these idiots. "

You get banned for 48 hours from forms if you name and shame but totally worth it, I agree with you it fucking sucks.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

no shortage of messers on this site..think they just love attention..the last thing on their mind is actually meeting in person

When we first joined we couldn't believe how many fakes and timewasters there actually were on fab. Trying to ruin people's fun

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

So annoying, id love to name and shame one in particular that had me travelling quite a bit

By *edserMan  over a year ago

City Centre

I totally agree, they ruin it for those of us who appreciate the valve of time

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Barring a genuine emergency, if you organise to meet someone, you go and meet them. Simple as... If "a better offer" comes along, have a bit of class and meet the first person as arranged.

There just seems to be some experienced Fabbers here who should know better but cancel at very short notice. The irony is usually that their profile often says no timewasters written on it.

(and no Admin, am not having a go at anybody here so nerrr )

Anywat, on a positive note, if it was Fab policy to rate others on attendance or lack of, we'd see the real Fab talent rising to the top but that's a long way off yet

"No offence but if it's happening that often to you then you need to reevaluate your selection method "

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man  over a year ago

Tip Meath, Louth border of..Monaghan..

name and shame these idiots .there is its your status box

I see posting there now & then beware no show & time wasters.Maybe not the right place tho.

iv seen myself waiting for almost 45 mins & almost gone when the other member landed , got held up in traffic .

If i had of left i was a no show.

By *edaceMan  over a year ago

Carlow

It's happens too often I drove to Naas twice an no shows did not answer phone or texts. So frustrating.

By *ub_leitrim_guyMan  over a year ago

Out in the sticks

As a genuine guy on here who always shows up and on time it does get to the stage where one really is pissing against the wind!

Am sure there are many couples/females and males that feel the same.

It's a pity but just the way things go on all sites like this.

I had 3 cpls canceling and a lady didnt show up. It a pity u cant name and shame as it can be taken as bullying. I been told.

Guess we all here moaning about the same thing, its hard enough to arrange a meet as it is with other commitments and then a last minute cancellation or worse.

Chin up folks but the sooner I found a couple of regulars who I know are genuine the sooner I can dispense with the hassle....

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's a difference between a no show and cancellations. Cancellations are annoying but sometimes you have to cancel due to circumstances. A last minute cancellation is an absolute pain, I'd imagine, especially when a hotel room is booked but at least they/he/she let you know.

Name and shame doesn't work cos there would be a sea full of false allegations.

"There's a difference between a no show and cancellations. Cancellations are annoying but sometimes you have to cancel due to circumstances. A last minute cancellation is an absolute pain, I'd imagine, especially when a hotel room is booked but at least they/he/she let you know.

Name and shame doesn't work cos there would be a sea full of false allegations. "

Name and shame might work especially if the same name keeps keeps popping up , after all there can of course be genuine reasons why someone cancels or fails to turn up a the last minute but if there name pops up time and agian then let's not be nieve there most likely time wasters and should be exposed.

"There's a difference between a no show and cancellations. Cancellations are annoying but sometimes you have to cancel due to circumstances. A last minute cancellation is an absolute pain, I'd imagine, especially when a hotel room is booked but at least they/he/she let you know.

Name and shame doesn't work cos there would be a sea full of false allegations. "

The way I see it the Irish forum is already a sea of cleverly put false allegations.... posts being ripped down on a daily basis anyways...

I think having a no show and a cancellation box for fables would clean up things. I think most genuine fables would accept a couple cancellation ticks but if they mounted up it would identify someone who may be unreliable as well. Any system can be abused...but if one has good verifications then these would offset any cancellations one has to make due to life.

I know it'll never happen for other reasons other than stated earlier too...but I guess it helps to show the real face of fab to newbies joining and a reminder to established long termer not to become complacent either.

There is a report a no show option . I'm guessing that admin won't act on one no show report but if they get half a dozen?

Problem then of course is they delete and rejoin.

The biggest and complete nut jobs here know the rules backwards. Can you imagine these fuck tarts with a name and shame section available? Their lists would be pages long!

The only way to protect yourself is think with your brain not your balls and try to satisfy yourself about the meeting. Especially if it's a 100 mile drive.

As we found out this week you can't rely on the verification system. When you have people with 100 verifications themselves who give fake verifications because they think it might get them something it cheapens the whole system. Pity admin doseht have a zero tolerance approach to people giving fake verifications.

By *ackandsashaCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

We drove Dublin to Tipperary before,paid for an expensive hotel,then were let down. Annoyed is not the word !

"We drove Dublin to Tipperary before,paid for an expensive hotel,then were let down. Annoyed is not the word !"

Who would let you down

Made arrangements with a couple a few weeks ago. To meet the 3 of us. Set times dates etc. We got dressed then set around for an hr waiting for the couple to call. Next a single TV said bi tv submissive etc. But he would not play with any of the males only wanted to play with the female. And would not dress up like he was asked to.

So seems like everyone gets time wasters lol

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I had to cancel at d last minute but met her a day later n made up for it . It was d only time I had to cancel. If I plan a meet I usually turn up . It's hard enough to get meets as a single guy so I try my best not to let ladies down .

Good to hear Chocko. Always think face to face meetings are great. Clears up all sorts of issues. The adding and subtracting issues on profiles for instance.......

After all its important that we are upfront at meetings so as to avoid disappointments

By *rishcouple12Couple  over a year ago

Cork County

We have been let down a few times

We kinda have a rule now social meet first before we will consider having a play meet , to us its a vetting process and shows who is willing to make the effort

We found it extremely disheartening at start the amount of people we would mail/would mail us and would be all about meeting, up until we actually tried to arrange something

"If we took all the time wasters off fab they could literally form their own site, so far we've have 5 no shows and 12 short notice cancellations (fortunately the ones that id show were all decent types).

I mean seriously why join a site justto mess others around, is anyone with me on this?

"

It's an absolute load of crap. I've been let down twice with no shows. Drove nearly 100 kms for 1 meet to be told on fab 5 mins before - meets off

It's bullshit. And not respectful to others who've made the effort.

There's some amount of fakes/ weirdos and fantasists ( in a bad way ) on fab

Best bet in my view - try a social meet first and see if they're even real!'

I wouldn't let you down, View us!!

"When we first joined we couldn't believe how many fakes and timewasters there actually were on fab. Trying to ruin people's fun "

FAB Is full of fakes

By *exmark12Man  over a year ago

Rathcoole/Roscommon/Mayo

Fab not full of fakes.Many very nice and respectful people.Have been a victim of no shows but I suppose have myself to blame.Travelled a long distance to.meet an unverified (lady)think the person was there but didn't come forward.From now on no unverified.

"We drove Dublin to Tipperary before,paid for an expensive hotel,then were let down. Annoyed is not the word !"

Thats dreadful hun... hugs xx

Haha so sweet itslife

It's an absolute load of crap. I've been let down twice with no shows. Drove nearly 100 kms for 1 meet to be told on fab 5 mins before - meets off

It's bullshit. And not respectful to others who've made the effort.

There's some amount of fakes/ weirdos and fantasists ( in a bad way ) on fab

Best bet in my view - try a social meet first and see if they're even real!'

I wouldn't let you down, View us!! "

By *len-cocoMan  over a year ago

Cork

What's acceptable practice if it's getting close to meet time and the other party isn't getting back to you? Assume it's off and make alternate plans and risk being seen as a time waster if they do get back, or make no alternate plans and risk having no fun that night?

Cork

In hindsight option B is always the right choice...

"What's acceptable practice if it's getting close to meet time and the other party isn't getting back to you? Assume it's off and make alternate plans and risk being seen as a time waster if they do get back, or make no alternate plans and risk having no fun that night?"

If I hadn't heard from someone close to meet time I wouldn't necessarily make other plans - but I wouldn't leave my house to go to the meeting place

Cork

[Removed by poster at 20/01/17 23:27:43]

Cork

"What's acceptable practice if it's getting close to meet time and the other party isn't getting back to you? Assume it's off and make alternate plans and risk being seen as a time waster if they do get back, or make no alternate plans and risk having no fun that night?

If I hadn't heard from someone close to meet time I wouldn't necessarily make other plans - but I wouldn't leave my house to go to the meeting place"

I wouldn't normally but when an opportunity presents itself it's hard not to consider it!

West Dublin

"We drove Dublin to Tipperary before,paid for an expensive hotel,then were let down. Annoyed is not the word !

Who would let you down "

Aw tnx xx

West Dublin

"We drove Dublin to Tipperary before,paid for an expensive hotel,then were let down. Annoyed is not the word !

Thats dreadful hun... hugs xx"

Tnx guys. xxx

Thats dreadful hun... hugs xx

Tnx guys. xxx"

your welcome hun

"

Possibly if you had time to vet all reply you would fine a genuine person willing to meet

"

Well you can't get everything in life and every1 isn't prefect and yes there is dick that would waste ur time I drive to Limerick to a meet and got stud up yes it was annnoy so I says fuk it I go out in Limerick fr the nite and ended up meeting a sexy blonde out and went back to her house and had lots off fun and wasn't exspecting anything like that she was a amazing

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"every1 isn't prefect "

Truer words were never spoken.

"every1 isn't prefect

Truer words were never spoken. "