FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Old school meet and greet ????

Old school meet and greet ????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *trawberryCutie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

Hi I was just wondering did anyone pay for this social through pay pal . Now that it's cancelled will people get the money back . (I was asked to pay for it this way but a friend said it sounded a bit fishy so I didn't pay)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *safunwituMan  over a year ago

Enniscorthy

I did pay for it and as soon as it was cancelled I did get the money back.

I am sure there was a good reason for it being cancelled, as he did hold one last year and that went well, by all accounts.

Dublin

"I did pay for it and as soon as it was cancelled I did get the money back.

I am sure there was a good reason for it being cancelled, as he did hold one last year and that went well, by all accounts."

. I'm a bit odd when it comes to paying anything with my card . I'd pay cash not a problem.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes all money was returned . It was unfortunate that it had to be cancelled but real life has to come first unfortunately . Payments were made through PayPal which I think are quite secure for everyone ?? Hopefully another night will be arranged soon by the organiser

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I dunno why there was an issue with paying 15 euro through paylpal? The organiser is a long term and well verified member of fab. Hes held a social before that was brilliant and I cant praise him enough for his previous effort. Ive no doubt the next one will be truly amazing.

Dublin

"I dunno why there was an issue with paying 15 euro through paylpal? The organiser is a long term and well verified member of fab. Hes held a social before that was brilliant and I cant praise him enough for his previous effort. Ive no doubt the next one will be truly amazing. "
I never said he wasn't. Just don't see why you can't pay on the night

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

"I dunno why there was an issue with paying 15 euro through paylpal? The organiser is a long term and well verified member of fab. Hes held a social before that was brilliant and I cant praise him enough for his previous effort. Ive no doubt the next one will be truly amazing. I never said he wasn't. Just don't see why you can't pay on the night"
Because the organiser was paying upfront for the venue etc. This was a Fab event he was doing and himself shouldn't be out of pocket with no shows not attending.... In the past other events have been Paid upfront too.

Dublin

"I dunno why there was an issue with paying 15 euro through paylpal? The organiser is a long term and well verified member of fab. Hes held a social before that was brilliant and I cant praise him enough for his previous effort. Ive no doubt the next one will be truly amazing. I never said he wasn't. Just don't see why you can't pay on the night"

So who covers the cost of those that dont show up? The organiser? Thats not fair is it? Considering the room and finger food had to be paid for,plus hire of dj equipment,speakers etc and he was doing dj himself to keep the costs down as it was.

Sometimes a small amount of trust and faith in event organisers wouldnt go amiss here.

Enniscorthy

Used to organise parties and play the decks years ago, always a few of us to cover the cost.

Can only imagine the hassle of doing it by his self.

Between the cost of the room, equipment, etc and worrying if people show, it could be hard on one person to pull off.

Dublin

"Used to organise parties and play the decks years ago, always a few of us to cover the cost.

Between the cost of the room, equipment, etc and worrying if people show, it could be hard on one person to pull off. "

How true is that. The way i see it is, if they pay upfront and dont show up, its their own fault and not the event organiser. It would be a bitter pill to swallow when so much effort is put into these events, without it leaving the event organiser out of pocket

Enniscorthy

"Used to organise parties and play the decks years ago, always a few of us to cover the cost.

Between the cost of the room, equipment, etc and worrying if people show, it could be hard on one person to pull off.

How true is that. The way i see it is, if they pay upfront and dont show up, its their own fault and not the event organiser. It would be a bitter pill to swallow when so much effort is put into these events, without it leaving the event organiser out of pocket "

It was a small charge, after all...

"Hi I was just wondering did anyone pay for this social through pay pal . Now that it's cancelled will people get the money back . (I was asked to pay for it this way but a friend said it sounded a bit fishy so I didn't pay)"

Confused by this topic

You didn't pay so why does it bother or concern you about money being returned??

All money was returned, i have a non refundable room booked but am not on asking who refunding me, shit happen's and things get cancelled take it on chin and move on in my book.

Tho.i will be in hotel on 24th if fancy discussing it over a class of wine mrs strawberry lol

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

"Hi I was just wondering did anyone pay for this social through pay pal . Now that it's cancelled will people get the money back . (I was asked to pay for it this way but a friend said it sounded a bit fishy so I didn't pay)"

bein asked to pay by pay pal is just a new way for the organisers and it's not a bad way either I think it should be done that way

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Lol op didn't pay anyway....

By *hite NoiseMan  over a year ago

Dublin

I dont see what your issue is? You asked to be invited and when I told you I was taking payment upfront you were still ok with it until you decided you werent coming. Ive paid for meet and greets on fab upfront by paypal myself so I dont have a clue what either your concern with it was or your reason to talk trash about it on a dedicated thread? Its shit stirring at best and fairly ignorant. Anyone who were genuinely attending paid within minutes of asking for their invite and were refunded within seconds of it being cancelled. Its shit stirrers like you who make this site the pain in the ass it can be at times.

You werent attending. You didnt pay. So why are you starting a thread about it? Absolutely pointless. If you ever organised a social you would get an idea of th costs associated and the risk of people not turning up on the night and leaving you out of pocket. Its not a money making scam, its a break even event for the fab community but luckly enough there arent as many small minded people on fab as yourself.

Real shame this didn't go ahead but these things happen. What would be a bigger shame is if the organiser after seeing this crap decides feck that I won't bother again.

15 quid is sod all for a good night out and the amount of stress and worry that the guy would have went through for others happiness mostly goes unnoticed.

I think paypal is a great way of paying for m&g's. Why should the organisers be out of pocket after going to the trouble of organising nights out

"I think paypal is a great way of paying for m&g's. Why should the organisers be out of pocket after going to the trouble of organising nights out"

Dublin

"I think paypal is a great way of paying for m&g's. Why should the organisers be out of pocket after going to the trouble of organising nights out"
Defo and for anyone who fully intends to come and not be a stolen place on the list on the night to the organiser its perfect sense. No handing envelopes around and arousing suspect. Just not sure what the OP tried to achieve as she wasnt coming and hadnt paid. Anyone who paid was refunded.

So sorry to hear it was cancelled and while those dates didn't fall in our favour, hopefully the next one will. Look forward to it

Madame B

Dublin

"So sorry to hear it was cancelled and while those dates didn't fall in our favour, hopefully the next one will. Look forward to it

Madame B"

Dublin

"Hi I was just wondering did anyone pay for this social through pay pal . Now that it's cancelled will people get the money back . (I was asked to pay for it this way but a friend said it sounded a bit fishy so I didn't pay)

Confused by this topic

You didn't pay so why does it bother or concern you about money being returned??

All money was returned, i have a non refundable room booked but am not on asking who refunding me, shit happen's and things get cancelled take it on chin and move on in my book.

Tho.i will be in hotel on 24th if fancy discussing it over a class of wine mrs strawberry lol

"

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

It has been known also that some fabbers give empty envelopes on the night so paying up front by PayPal would stop this

» Add a new message to this topic