FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > interview

interview

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

have a interview coming up for a new job and I'm pretty nervous. havnt completed a interview in a long time and memory of my last one is pretty blank as I have been working with a while. can anyone give me tips/pointers. would be appreciate.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"have a interview coming up for a new job and I'm pretty nervous. havnt completed a interview in a long time and memory of my last one is pretty blank as I have been working with a while. can anyone give me tips/pointers. would be appreciate. "
Wear some clothes.

Tipperary

"have a interview coming up for a new job and I'm pretty nervous. havnt completed a interview in a long time and memory of my last one is pretty blank as I have been working with a while. can anyone give me tips/pointers. would be appreciate. Wear some clothes. "
stating the obvious. good man, thanks

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Grey or blue suit black shoes no shirt pocket and a dark tie no mad colours

Arrive in plenty of time and know ur cv as in read it a few times before u go in

Research the company, prepare for any gaps in your employment b able to explain, tell them what you can bring to the job, check what the salary is or what the going rate is and best of luck

Oh and dress smartly best advice given by a HR manager even if a cleaners job dress well

Prepare a sensible question or two to ask yourself. Good luck!

Think about the job and how you either add value or be better for the company.

CEO's / MD's / Business Owners are all trying to do the same thing which is increase sales and increase the profit.

You need to figure out how you can do that for the company your being interviewed by.

Good luck BTW.

Tipperary

thanks. would you wear a suit for any interview or would it really depend?

As an MD, make plenty of eye contact and no scratching of the head.

What is the job?

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"thanks. would you wear a suit for any interview or would it really depend?"

Suited and booted for any interview unless it's aboard a fishing vessel then dress appropriately

"have a interview coming up for a new job and I'm pretty nervous. havnt completed a interview in a long time and memory of my last one is pretty blank as I have been working with a while. can anyone give me tips/pointers. would be appreciate. Wear some clothes. stating the obvious. good man, thanks "
One question I would advise is - ask them to tell you something that they see as a weakness in your candidacy. This gives you a chance to try and persuade them in person. It also shows them you are s strong character who is not afraid of tough questions.

Best of luck lad.

Tell them their beautiful and run your hands through their hair while singing

'thinking out loud' by Ed Sheeran

Yup this is the wrong thread, as you were.

Tipperary

thanks all

Keep talking and when your done, talk more, awkward silences aren't good. Hands on knees. Eye contact,on the questioner if there's more than one interviewer. Be truthful, lies and bendy truths are usually spotted even if you think you're convincing. Make sure you have questions at the end, not just remuneration related ones,avoid that if you can. And above all else...that handshake at the start and finish is massively important, dead fish hands are not what you want, a firm solid hand shake is gold. And best of luck kid.

Know your Cv because they will question you on it. As others have said be prepared to explain any gaps in your Cv if you were out of work etc. Research the company you are applying to because it shows you are interested and want the job. Eye contact is important. Goodluck

Know your cv inside out.

Dress smart.

Clean shaven if you don't have a full beard.

Expect in some cases, a question in the beginning about what you know about the company.

Explain your daily tasks and roles in your most relevant previous jobs/companies.

Be confident not cocky and speak like you know your stuff 1000%.

Smile often and look like you love what you do.

Short pauses are okay to gather your thoughts but make sure you deliver a good answer after that pause.

Don't be over friendly. Be professional.

When they ask you if you have any questions at the end, it's an idea to maybe (tactical thing here) ask them if THEY have any specific questions.

After theirs.....

Then you ask them maybe two questions.

Job specific questions.

Team size. Progression in the role etc.

And at the lift on the way out, make sure to smile, say thanks for your time and "hope to see you soon".

Best of luck with your interview!!

(I'm a manager)

By *sir88Man  over a year ago

Donaghmede

1. Do your research

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail. You are certain to be asked specific questions about the company, so make sure you've done your homework on things like their last year's profits and latest product launches. Also take a look at the latest developments in the industry so you can converse with confidence. Find out more.

2. Practice your answers

Although there is no set format that every job interview will follow, there are some questions that you can almost guarantee will crop up. You should prepare answers to questions about your personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as being able to explain why you would be the best person for the job. Find out more.

3. Look the part

Appearances shouldn't matter, but the plain fact is that you are often judged before you've even uttered a word. Make sure your shoes are polished, your clothes fit correctly and that your accessories are subtle. Dressing one level above the job you're applying for shows a desire to succeed. Find out more.

4. Stay calm

Good preparation is the key to staying in control. Plan your route, allowing extra time for any unexpected delays and get everything you need to take with you ready the night before. Remember to speak clearly, smile and remember that your interviewers are just normal people, and the may be nervous too! Find out more.

5. Ask questions

You should always have some questions for your interviewer to demonstrate your interest in the position. Prepare a minimum of five questions, some which will give you more information about the job and some which delve deeper into the culture and goals of the company.

Very good tips above.

When hiring one of the main things I look out for is the person's motivation for wanting the job.

I want to hear enthusiasm about the job and its tasks.

If someone focuses too much about how they want to do something different and new or that they're looking to join a company where they can progress, alarm bells go off.

Wear no underwear and play footsie with them under the table

Tipperary

"Know your cv inside out.

Dress smart.

Expect in some cases, a question in the beginning about what you know about the company.

Explain your daily tasks and roles in your most relevant previous jobs/companies.

Short pauses are okay to gather your thoughts but make sure you deliver a good answer after that pause.

When they ask you if you have any questions at the end, it's an idea to maybe (tactical thing here) ask them if THEY have any specific questions.

After theirs.....

Job specific questions.

And at the lift on the way out, make sure to smile, say thanks for your time and "hope to see you soon".

(I'm a manager)"

Can you mail me please

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

All of the above but remember they are as concerned about getting the right fit as you are getting the job.

Try and think of it like a conversation rathet than a interview.

And good luck P.O. I hope it turns out to be your dream job

always ask at least 2 questions if they ask for them example whats the atmosphere like in the company

By *ean0001Man  over a year ago

Dublin West

Some great advice above.

Relax and be confident in your own ability. Get someone to practice the inverview with you if you can in advance. You can register with a job agency for free in most cases and they will put you through an interview.

Dressed to impress will never be wrong.

Dont be late. Have your research done.

And the handshake so important. You only get one chance to make a first impression and i have not hired people in the past because they had a handshake of a dead person.

And good luck. If nothing else it will be good experience for the next job.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Just remember that there's loads of jobs out there.. but only one of you

Value yourself

Dress smart.

After theirs.....

Job specific questions.

(I'm a manager)Can you mail me please "

I can't.

Your privacy settings have us blocked.

If it is a competency based interview be sure to have clear real examples ready of your skills and experience. Match the examples you have ready to the profile of the role......a bit like a fab role play!!

Sam

Wear a sharp suit, polished shoes, shave etc.

Take your time answering and be natural, the first 3 minutes seals the deal and a strong handshake and eye contact will tell them a lot.

Never had to do an interview really to learn how to jump out of a moving helicopter at 3am but best of luck.

Dress smart.

After theirs.....

Job specific questions.

(I'm a manager)"

Let me know if you're ever hiring buddy

I'm here for the male gigolo position

» Add a new message to this topic