FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Which would you choose?

Which would you choose?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had an interesting chat today and the following question sprang from it.

Which would you choose? A life of great sex but no intimacy or a life of deep intimacy but no sex.

I didn't actually have a good answer at the time but I'm interested in seeing the opinions of others

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The former

By *auraLucyLuLuWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I had an interesting chat today and the following question sprang from it.

Which would you choose? A life of great sex but no intimacy or a life of deep intimacy but no sex.

I didn't actually have a good answer at the time but I'm interested in seeing the opinions of others "

Good question ...

If I had to choose it would be intimacy and over sex...

Interesting debate but hard to see how you could have great sex without a certain amount of intimacy

"Interesting debate but hard to see how you could have great sex without a certain amount of intimacy"

That could be our next thread. Can you have great sex without intimacy.

By *ork fellaMan  over a year ago

Macroom

Would deep intimacy not lead to great sex?

"Would deep intimacy not lead to great sex? "

Not necessarily

"Interesting debate but hard to see how you could have great sex without a certain amount of intimacy

"

Absolutely

By *armel and FrancisCouple  over a year ago

North wex

Intimacy over sex every time. It's all about the journey not the destination

"The former "

Funny enough any time I think of you geordie it's not intimate I think of. I'm going to self edit here so I don't seem too creepy

Macroom

"Would deep intimacy not lead to great sex?

Not necessarily "

Wouldnt agree with ya on that.If you have that deep intimate connection with your partner then surely when it comes to sex you would go over and above to make sure you rock their world like?

"The former

Funny enough any time I think of you geordie it's not intimate I think of. I'm going to self edit here so I don't seem too creepy "

It's perhaps all subjective? Different perceptions of what "great sex" and "intimacy" are?

I would always pick intimacy, even though its much scarier than great sex

And a great cup of tea, intimacy and tea and toast are your only man x

Jesse

Not necessarily

Wouldnt agree with ya on that.If you have that deep intimate connection with your partner then surely when it comes to sex you would go over and above to make sure you rock their world like? "

I'm anti relationships so i don't want an intimate connection

I'd rather have great sex with someone i don't know too well

"It's perhaps all subjective? Different perceptions of what "great sex" and "intimacy" are?

Jesse"

if I made the tea no. Other people's tea is always better

"It's perhaps all subjective? Different perceptions of what "great sex" and "intimacy" are?

Jesseif I made the tea no. Other people's tea is always better "

ok so intimacy with someone who makes an amazing cup of tea? That's your only man...and obviously real toast not gluten free "toast" if you want to be pedantic.

Geordie, anti romantic relationship? I have had several relationships that aren't sexual/romantic but are quite intimate. Maybe you get intimacy from friendships ? (Again subjective as to what intimacy is)....

Jesseif I made the tea no. Other people's tea is always better

ok so intimacy with someone who makes an amazing cup of tea? That's your only man...and obviously real toast not gluten free "toast" if you want to be pedantic.

Geordie, anti romantic relationship? I have had several relationships that aren't sexual/romantic but are quite intimate. Maybe you get intimacy from friendships ? (Again subjective as to what intimacy is)....

"

Nah - I'm a queer one, i don't do friendships either Trust noone

Jesseif I made the tea no. Other people's tea is always better

Nah - I'm a queer one, i don't do friendships either Trust noone "

fair enough you are a great dancer though!

"fair enough you are a great dancer though!"

More self editing.

I'm proud of how uncreepy I'm trying to be

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Great sex without any intimacy sounds impossible because I think some chemistry and connection is part and parcel of really great and memorable sex...

Intimacy over just sex for me

By *kmanMan  over a year ago

Letterkenny

"Intimacy over sex every time. It's all about the journey not the destination"

Macroom

Not necessarily

Wouldnt agree with ya on that.If you have that deep intimate connection with your partner then surely when it comes to sex you would go over and above to make sure you rock their world like?

I'm anti relationships so i don't want an intimate connection

I'd rather have great sex with someone i don't know too well"

Is this where I put my hand up and shout mise mise mise??

Not necessarily

Wouldnt agree with ya on that.If you have that deep intimate connection with your partner then surely when it comes to sex you would go over and above to make sure you rock their world like? "

Ok.

I have participated in deep bdsm scenes that had no intimacy but really intense emotions. Some of the best nights have been life have been

I have also participated in deep bdsm scenes that had no sex and only intimacy and sensation play ... again sometimes they are nights I will never forget

They are not mutually exclusive in my humble opinion

Deep Mr.A

[Removed by poster at 27/04/17 00:18:59]

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"Deep Mr.A "

Makes for good pillow chat alright

"Deep Mr.A

You know me. I like to think. Plus I'm working in the bar waiting for the barfly to fuck off home "

"Deep Mr.A

You know me. I like to think. Plus I'm working in the bar waiting for the barfly to fuck off home "

LOL...now I'm thinking too

"Deep Mr.A

You know me. I like to think. Plus I'm working in the bar waiting for the barfly to fuck off home

LOL...now I'm thinking too "

That's a good thing probably

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Interesting debate but hard to see how you could have great sex without a certain amount of intimacy

"

Great sex starts in the mind. That tingle the look in a person's eye the thought of shared pleasure the connection the first touch of skin on skin even brushing the hair from someone's cheek to kiss their neck ...and beyond.

Aren't those sensations that lead to great sex themselves intimate and without that level of intimacy is the sex really great or just a mechanical exercise easily forgotten?

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

Sex and intimacy go together , I don't think you can have one without the other . Sex is just bang bang thank you mam. But intimacy is at least an hour of hugging kissing making luv slowely sensually and falling asleep in each others arms

Ive been hurt too many times to consider intimacy.. so id pick sex over intimacy..

Altho i enjoy my own company and have two dogs so id prefer to just to have their love. And their loyal and wont hurt me or answer back haha.

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

Exactly op

"Ive been hurt too many times to consider intimacy.. so id pick sex over intimacy..

Altho i enjoy my own company and have two dogs so id prefer to just to have their love. And their loyal and wont hurt me or answer back haha. "

My dogs answer me back all the time..

To me, a life without love and intimacy would be worthless.

Macroom

Not necessarily

Ok.

I have participated in deep bdsm scenes that had no intimacy but really intense emotions. Some of the best nights have been life have been

I have also participated in deep bdsm scenes that had no sex and only intimacy and sensation play ... again sometimes they are nights I will never forget

They are not mutually exclusive in my humble opinion"

I'm not familiar with the bdsm world so I couldn't say to be honest. Id say like everything everyone would have different opinions on intimacy sex etc.

If I had to choose....The intimacy. To find someone who you know you can tell anything & everything to is special.

And you can have great sex with a stranger...

It's like choosing between food or water

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

One of those hypothetical choose-either-or threads..... Luckily I've both.

"Great sex starts in the mind. That tingle the look in a person's eye the thought of shared pleasure the connection the first touch of skin on skin even brushing the hair from someone's cheek to kiss their neck ...and beyond.

Aren't those sensations that lead to great sex themselves intimate and without that level of intimacy is the sex really great or just a mechanical exercise easily forgotten? "

I love this. And yes, I agree with you, those little things can be incredibly intimate, and are what lead to a great connection and therefore great sex. Great sex is what I have with people I really like, people who have an interest in me and I in them, people who take time out to ask if I'm ok when they know I haven't been. Great sex is a rare and wonderful thing, made so by the little intimacies that go on between people who connect on every level.

If I HAD to choose, I'd choose to do without the sex and have the intimacy instead. Intimacy makes my world go round

Very hard one to choose for me, intamacy is something i just cant have right now or want in the future

Sex definitely but to go never without intamacy does sound scary.

Great question OP, you definitely have me thinking

It's like that tv programme countdown where you have vowels and constants you can't have one with out the other

"It's like that tv programme countdown where you have vowels and constants you can't have one with out the other "

So true, its like having sex without kissing. I just can't do it

"It's like that tv programme countdown where you have vowels and constants you can't have one with out the other

So true, its like having sex without kissing. I just can't do it"

Really? I can do that no bother

Am i really such an odd fish?!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"It's like that tv programme countdown where you have vowels and constants you can't have one with out the other

Am i really such an odd fish?! "

Not at all, I can do that too

Am i really such an odd fish?! "

No your not, sure if we are all the same fab wouldn't be any fun

"Great sex starts in the mind. That tingle the look in a person's eye the thought of shared pleasure the connection the first touch of skin on skin even brushing the hair from someone's cheek to kiss their neck ...and beyond.

Aren't those sensations that lead to great sex themselves intimate and without that level of intimacy is the sex really great or just a mechanical exercise easily forgotten?

I love this. And yes, I agree with you, those little things can be incredibly intimate, and are what lead to a great connection and therefore great sex. Great sex is what I have with people I really like, people who have an interest in me and I in them, people who take time out to ask if I'm ok when they know I haven't been. Great sex is a rare and wonderful thing, made so by the little intimacies that go on between people who connect on every level.

If I HAD to choose, I'd choose to do without the sex and have the intimacy instead. Intimacy makes my world go round "

I wonder if perhaps intimacy is under rated. Their always needs for me to be some level of intimacy before there can be great sex but perhaps even that is transient.

Is the real intimacy that where the sex is merely a part of the whole package. That feeling where you wake up in the morning and the other person is your first thought where you know that place is where you both belong. Where a single look smile gesture conveys a message you both understand. A place where the others life is more important than your own. Where even if you disagree or argue that mutual desire for each other is never diminished.

Where even if it's scary it's still that one place in the world where we really belong.

Perhaps without that intimacy we all are less than we can be and the sex lacks a connection that takes our breath away...

"

I wonder if perhaps intimacy is under rated. Their always needs for me to be some level of intimacy before there can be great sex but perhaps even that is transient.

Is the real intimacy that where the sex is merely a part of the whole package. That feeling where you wake up in the morning and the other person is your first thought where you know that place is where you both belong. Where a single look smile gesture conveys a message you both understand. A place where the others life is more important than your own. Where even if you disagree or argue that mutual desire for each other is never diminished.

Where even if it's scary it's still that one place in the world where we really belong.

Perhaps without that intimacy we all are less than we can be and the sex lacks a connection that takes our breath away..."

Now you're talking about lurve and I feel quite

If I HAD to choose, I'd choose to do without the sex and have the intimacy instead. Intimacy makes my world go round

Perhaps without that intimacy we all are less than we can be and the sex lacks a connection that takes our breath away..."

I think that what you've described is magical, and extremely rare. It's not what most people here are looking for or really want, and it scares the bejaysus out of a lot of people. That amazing connection doesn't have to lead to monogamy and marriage, but I think some people rail against it because they think it does.

Intimacy...

Intimacy is not really to do with sex at all. Intimacy is letting another person really see you. Dropping all your walls and standing there. Hoping they don't destroy you.

"

Perhaps without that intimacy we all are less than we can be and the sex lacks a connection that takes our breath away...

Now you're talking about lurve and I feel quite

"

Oops...

Here it makes the world go round

Great sex... makes the room spin round

"Intimacy...

Intimacy is not really to do with sex at all. Intimacy is letting another person really see you. Dropping all your walls and standing there. Hoping they don't destroy you. "

Exactly, there is no greater compliment a person can pay you than to make themselves emotionally vulnerable to you.

"Intimacy...

Intimacy is not really to do with sex at all. Intimacy is letting another person really see you. Dropping all your walls and standing there. Hoping they don't destroy you.

Exactly, there is no greater compliment a person can pay you than to make themselves emotionally vulnerable to you."

True. Even if it doesn't work out it's better to have taken that risk and failed than to never dare to risk it all and wonder what might have been.

"I had an interesting chat today and the following question sprang from it.

I didn't actually have a good answer at the time but I'm sure interested in seeing the opinions of others "

ah jesus you need sex

Cheers guys and gals. Your input was very helpful

Don't need to choose. I got both. King

We have both too. But it was interesting to see that people had very different ideas on the subject. Some people even avoid intimacy.

"We have both too. But it was interesting to see that people had very different ideas on the subject. Some people even avoid intimacy. "

And some have walls..

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

Oh I'd pick intimacy over sex any day..

I crave that connection and when you find it, it's wonderful. But I think once you have it, the sex is so much better..

without some level of intimacy I have no motivation to have sex with someone. I might as well just do myself and stay at home.

"We have both too. But it was interesting to see that people had very different ideas on the subject. Some people even avoid intimacy.

And some have walls..."

yes. For protection.

When someone slips past your walls it can hurt like hell

"We have both too. But it was interesting to see that people had very different ideas on the subject. Some people even avoid intimacy.

And some have walls.."

Currently adding another few rows of blocks to mine

And some have walls..

Currently adding another few rows of blocks to mine"

is it just walls or is there a gate where you let some people through?

I have massive wall's but they were not built for that purpose. And ignore the question if it's too personal.

And some have walls..

Currently adding another few rows of blocks to mineis it just walls or is there a gate where you let some people through?

I have massive wall's but they were not built for that purpose. And ignore the question if it's too personal. "

Yeah, I've heard about your massive walls.

And some have walls..

Currently adding another few rows of blocks to mineis it just walls or is there a gate where you let some people through?

I have massive wall's but they were not built for that purpose. And ignore the question if it's too personal. "

There is a gate - long overgrown - and I'm not sure I remember the password meself

And some have walls..

I have massive wall's but they were not built for that purpose. And ignore the question if it's too personal.

Yeah, I've heard about your massive walls. "

oh no.

I do have a bad habit of over sharing

And some have walls..

Yeah, I've heard about your massive walls. oh no.

I do have a bad habit of over sharing "

Could be talking about anything but most likely me tits!

[Removed by poster at 28/04/17 13:45:14]

And some have walls..

Sometimes walls just come tumbling down...its ok so long as you don't get crushed in the rubble..

I'm well beyond walls..

I live in a tower surrounded by a castle with a huge moat and cannons to ....

And some have walls..

Sometimes walls just come tumbling down...its ok so long as you don't get crushed in the rubble..

I'm well beyond walls..

I live in a tower surrounded by a castle with a huge moat and cannons to ...."

You've changed your tune

And some have walls..

Currently adding another few rows of blocks to mine"

Ditto

And some have walls..

I'm well beyond walls..

I live in a tower surrounded by a castle with a huge moat and cannons to ....

You've changed your tune "

Not really. Just an incurable romantic... who doesn't have the balls to follow his own advice...or the opportunity

I think intimacy would b the most important for me I couldn't imagine not having it.

yes u can have great sex without initamcy as u can make a women orgasm without touching them if u do it right

» Add a new message to this topic