FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > I can't tell, can you?

I can't tell, can you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *evilinsideme OP   Man  over a year ago

Trim

Every post (well 99%) I make is firmly with my tongue in my cheek, mainly because even using emoticons, text has no emotion or feeling.

What reads as a joke to one, reads as an insult to another or even a compliment can seem underhanded.

So can you tell when someone us actually trolling or just misunderstood? And how?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Or could it be misunderstood trolling..which wouldn't be really trolling cos its misunderstood...or it could really be trolling but misunderstood as well.

I hope this clears it up

By *evilinsideme OP   Man  over a year ago

Trim

"Or could it be misunderstood trolling..which wouldn't be really trolling cos its misunderstood...or it could really be trolling but misunderstood as well.

I hope this clears it up "

Completely thread closed....

Or maybe not, explain it too me again.

"Every post (well 99%) I make is firmly with my tongue in my cheek, mainly because even using emoticons, text has no emotion or feeling.

What reads as a joke to one, reads as an insult to another or even a compliment can seem underhanded.

So can you tell when someone us actually trolling or just misunderstood? And how? "

The more you read, the more you see. Jibes hidden in plain sight behind a smiling emoji, bullying hiding in a joke, nastiness wrapped up in false compliments. Usually by the same few people, directed at another same few people. The Irish forum is full of it. Maybe I need to get myself a new hobby.

"Every post (well 99%) I make is firmly with my tongue in my cheek, mainly because even using emoticons, text has no emotion or feeling.

So can you tell when someone us actually trolling or just misunderstood? And how?

The more you read, the more you see. Jibes hidden in plain sight behind a smiling emoji, bullying hiding in a joke, nastiness wrapped up in false compliments. Usually by the same few people, directed at another same few people. The Irish forum is full of it. Maybe I need to get myself a new hobby. "

Passive aggression is the national sport

The more you read, the more you see. Jibes hidden in plain sight behind a smiling emoji, bullying hiding in a joke, nastiness wrapped up in false compliments. Usually by the same few people, directed at another same few people. The Irish forum is full of it. Maybe I need to get myself a new hobby. "

Spot on

By *isdirtygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Agree totally Sally

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

"Or could it be misunderstood trolling..which wouldn't be really trolling cos its misunderstood...or it could really be trolling but misunderstood as well.

I hope this clears it up "

just brillant

Oh I can tell especially when same people make a habit of it -very unattractive trait !!

By *ungdublinguyMan  over a year ago

Dublin/Leitrim

the trolls are the one's that comment on nearly every thread, think they are at open mic night for shit comedians and derail the thread with inane bullshit. Usually the same people that when called out for it get their usual friends to descend on people like vultures.

By *o hassleMan  over a year ago

moira

So easy to me misunderstood as op says written word doesn't show emotion or sense of humour

» Add a new message to this topic