FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Site changes

Site changes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curious if you were in charge of fab what changes if any would u make to the Site? I would have a like button instead of winks to alert someone that your interested as I don't think anyone ever checks winks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would make it that you can't see the site (forums) unless you are a member and if you have been bold and thrown off the site your ip address is blocked

If u don't photo verify as a real person within a short time of setting account your account is removed or u can't mail until your photo verified

An ability to post and view videos (brought up in a previous thread) and open additional preference related rooms..BDSM.Bi..Dogging etc.

More exact preferences ie ticking of boxes

All photos to be checked more strictly (too many robbed from others)

Ip address checked before joining to stop people who were banned from rejoining

"I would make it that you can't see the site (forums) unless you are a member and if you have been bold and thrown off the site your ip address is blocked "

This 100%

All of these are good suggestions

By *ingerrrrWoman  over a year ago

Meath

I'd like to be able to "like" or comment directly to peoples comments on the forum without having to copy and reply.

By *razycoupleniCouple  over a year ago

belfast

Need to be at least photo verified within 30 days of joining. Being able to like and comment under updates. There have been some cracker statuses which i would of liked to comment under (like spunky got verfied). A video section would be cool but that could also have some issues. Chat/messages with multiple people on it at once.

By *hSureFookItMan  over a year ago

Dublin/Drogheda

It should be made harder to join fab so as to avoid fakes and scammers joining and then again with different profiles names. As suggested maybe blocking the ip address or something.

By *ortadowncplCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

An option to video chat with a site moderator via cam in order to become meet verified might be helpful for some of the men. Even for a small fee.

Posting to forums while your profile is hidden. Being able to send or receive messages while your profile is hidden too. People hide their profiles for a reason!

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"Posting to forums while your profile is hidden. Being able to send or receive messages while your profile is hidden too. People hide their profiles for a reason!"

Sometimes there's a valid reason

middle of nowhere

Multiple profiles should be banned. Surely there's a way to stop this.

By *BelfastGuyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Would try and get rid of all the fake profiles.

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

Members that are not meeting should not be allowed post on the forum's.

Most members are here to meet. So those that aren't should only be allowed to PM and not use the forum's.

At the end of the day the main purpose of this site is to meet others.

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

An option where two people each state to Fab that they are meeting, the location and when (this is not public and can only seen by Fab and the people involved)

If one person doesn't show up... the aggrieved person can simply send evidence that they themselves did show up (hotel room receipt, bar receipt FOR ONE PERSON with date and time, etc)

This makes the no-show merchants accountable and if they do it more than once, they get banned (IP address too) from Fab

I'm sure in the future it will happen... so here's hoping

middle of nowhere

"Members that are not meeting should not be allowed post on the forum's.

Most members are here to meet. So those that aren't should only be allowed to PM and not use the forum's.

At the end of the day the main purpose of this site is to meet others. "

Well I can only speak for myself . Not meeting can cover a range of things. Like not meeting new people .

Forums are for debating views and ideas has nothing to do with a physical meet.

By *BelfastGuyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Well I can only speak for myself . Not meeting can cover a range of things. Like not meeting new people .

Forums are for debating views and ideas has nothing to do with a physical meet. "

"Posting to forums while your profile is hidden. Being able to send or receive messages while your profile is hidden too. People hide their profiles for a reason!

Sometimes there's a valid reason "

Exactly. There has to be a balance- if someone hides their profile, it shouldn’t be possible to contact them as they’ve done it for whatever reason. But they still should not be able to post publicly either. Maybe they can only be contacted if they make contact first?

Tuam

Forums are for debating views and ideas has nothing to do with a physical meet. "

As I clearly stated most are here to meet and it's the main purpose of the site. For those that like to debate views there is lots of forum sites on the internet.

The OP asked what people would change and this is what I would change. Can you please leave it at that and if you don't like my posts ignore them.

By *rishcouple12Couple  over a year ago

Cork County

As I clearly stated most are here to meet and it's the main purpose of the site. For those that like to debate views there is lots of forum sites on the internet.

The OP asked what people would change and this is what I would change. Can you please leave it at that and if you don't like my posts ignore them. "

To be fair the user was expressing their view of your idea , they didn't attack you personally nor ridicule your idea just gave their opinion .same way as others have agreed with people's suggestions.

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

I give the option of a couple more filters:

Fakes

Trolls

Journalists

Tourists

Tuam

The OP asked what people would change and this is what I would change. Can you please leave it at that and if you don't like my posts ignore them.

To be fair the user was expressing their view of your idea , they didn't attack you personally nor ridicule your idea just gave their opinion .same way as others have agreed with people's suggestions.

"

Agreed. And I politely asked her to ignore my posts.

I never mentioned "attack" or "ridicule". I expressed my view too and was avoiding an argument.

To be fair I'm not a member and probably never will be, the site isn't that major to me. I haven't met anyone either and for the time being can't as I've someone now. I made moves weeks ago with some girls and didn't get anywhere and there's no one that suits me at the moment. I won't meet someone unless they're exactly what I want. I'm not in any rush and could still be here in two years without having met anyone. I understand people's reasons for not trusting non meet verified people though.

I'd like to be able to search to a more specific standard like height for example.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

It's an oldie but still.

If two people Hotlist each other, they should receive a notification that they are a "match" or the like.

Would likely create a lot more meets.

Only members should be allowed post on forums. Photo verified can view but not comment on forums. Possibly allowed PM but not comment publicly.

An auto cancel of any posts if your phone/PC detects you have had more than 10 drinks, to help you avoid Naughty Step or embarrassment the following day

A self help group for those unable to use the forums search function to see if the question they have has been discussed in the past month.

Obviously this ties in to a ban on any thread previously discussing same topic in the previous 30 days.

No sky remotes in pictures or wide open flange pics where cervix is almost visible

Ability to use standard emoji's, not just site approved ones.

That's all for now. Get that done and then I'll get out my other list

middle of nowhere

"It's an oldie but still.

If two people Hotlist each other, they should receive a notification that they are a "match" or the like.

Would likely create a lot more meets.

Only members should be allowed post on forums. Photo verified can view but not comment on forums. Possibly allowed PM but not comment publicly.

An auto cancel of any posts if your phone/PC detects you have had more than 10 drinks, to help you avoid Naughty Step or embarrassment the following day

A self help group for those unable to use the forums search function to see if the question they have has been discussed in the past month.

Obviously this ties in to a ban on any thread previously discussing same topic in the previous 30 days.

No sky remotes in pictures or wide open flange pics where cervix is almost visible

Ability to use standard emoji's, not just site approved ones.

That's all for now. Get that done and then I'll get out my other list "

The hotlist one is a good one.

middle of nowhere

"I would make it that you can't see the site (forums) unless you are a member and if you have been bold and thrown off the site your ip address is blocked "

You mean the way anyone can look at forum??. Yes that's pure madness.

Dunboyne & Dublin

Not 100% sure on this but, if you are a mobile phone user of the site, I think your IP address constantly changes, by your mobile provider. So the site couldn't block IP addresses as it would just drive the trolls to using mobiles but likely not reduce their BS.

Happy to be proven incorrect by someone more technical, if that's the case.

Tuam

"Not 100% sure on this but, if you are a mobile phone user of the site, I think your IP address constantly changes, by your mobile provider. So the site couldn't block IP addresses as it would just drive the trolls to using mobiles but likely not reduce their BS.

Happy to be proven incorrect by someone more technical, if that's the case."

If you use a VPN does it not hide your IP address John?

An auto cancel of post if you have drink I like...mine..when your browsing through profiles and they say in "your town" tonite and you see it 2 days later..a way to browse who's near you...making sence..? Let's get back to the drink ideas ....

Dunboyne & Dublin

[Removed by poster at 27/01/18 00:58:24]

Dunboyne & Dublin

"Not 100% sure on this but, if you are a mobile phone user of the site, I think your IP address constantly changes, by your mobile provider. So the site couldn't block IP addresses as it would just drive the trolls to using mobiles but likely not reduce their BS.

If you use a VPN does it not hide your IP address John?"

It does indeed Tor and you can change it as often as you like to, to appear from different countries. Again, this is probably why site does not bother blocking IP address as it's a minefield that is quite easily circumvented

Tuam

It does indeed Tor and you can change it as often as you like to, to appear from different countries. Again, this is probably why site does not bother blocking IP address as it's a minefield that is quite easily circumvented"

So it's seems virtually impossible to block them by IP address.

Dunboyne & Dublin

It does indeed Tor and you can change it as often as you like to, to appear from different countries. Again, this is probably why site does not bother blocking IP address as it's a minefield that is quite easily circumvented

So it's seems virtually impossible to block them by IP address."

Yes, exactly. So, sorry to the above posters suggestions but it's just impossible, unless you are Homeland security and they don't survive on the pittance that is Fab membership fees, to be able to do that.

We would make it so you can't post on do anything until you are photo verified.

A support group or forum just for single men to vent about how useless the site is(their inability to seduce anyone) would clear up a lot of the forums.

Like the hot list match idea.

Think anyone verified should be allowed to use the forum, just because they haven't met yet or meeting all the time shouldn't exclude them from the scene. Its a swing site, no ones obliged to meet anyone until they find what they want.

Unfortunately blocking IP or MAC addresses wont do anything as they are easily bypassed or changed. You can embed cookies in their browsers but they can work around that too. Best way is to track em down and flog em.

By *squaredCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/westmeath/kildare

I'd like meets changed.

Instead of dublin, meath , Kildale, ,,,,,, give option to set as leister or look within leister we are on boarder & willing to travel a bit but havin to click in to each individually is annoying.

Ip block for banned people.

Liked prior suggestion of cam verification by moderator for fee esp for single guys. Would be nice to verify profile that way as don't like idea of sending face images on here with user name.

Moderators to reverse Google more images as so many are just pulled off Web.

Dunboyne & Dublin

"I'd like meets changed.

Instead of dublin, meath , Kildale, ,,,,,, give option to set as leister or look within leister we are on boarder & willing to travel a bit but havin to click in to each individually is annoying.

Liked prior suggestion of cam verification by moderator for fee esp for single guys. Would be nice to verify profile that way as don't like idea of sending face images on here with user name.

Moderators to reverse Google more images as so many are just pulled off Web. "

You can can on Kik now and it's free. If you don't like the person, you can block them there after. Free and easy and anonymous

Dunboyne & Dublin

"I'd like meets changed.

Moderators to reverse Google more images as so many are just pulled off Web.

You can can on Kik now and it's free. If you don't like the person, you can block them there after. Free and easy and anonymous "

Can cam

We'd agree with this, but do away with the 30 days part.

People should be at least photo verified to be able to join.

That way you know the profile is real at least.

This would make a huge difference.

We know sites like this allow anyone to join just to boost numbers.

But in reality, having more verified profiles would mean a lot more.

Still wouldn't solve the timewasters, but it's a good start.

» Add a new message to this topic