FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Upskirting !!

Upskirting !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So in the houses of Parliament today they voted not to make Upskirting and criminal offence...

I personaly think it's a violation of a woman and should be classed as an offence...

If a man put his hand up my skirt without my consent, it a sexual violation and a criminal offence

So why should it not be a violation if someone without my consent holds a phone under my skirt and takes a picture

Any views on this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lippery-when-wet-180Woman  over a year ago

South Dublin

If I caught them doing it they’d be very bloody sorry. I totally agree with you. I stopped wearing skirts out years ago a lot men can’t keep their hands to themselves. I ended up with a sprained wrist hitting one fella lol hit another with my handbag

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In a parliament composed mainly of men it is not a surprise ... but it is a violation & should be an offence ... peeping tom is an offence ... how is this different

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

First became aware of this a few years and personally I find it disturbing.

Mobile in general with cameras (i.e. smartphones) have changed social behaviour far too much and give an additional outlet to anyone with a perverted mind.

There should actually be a criminal act for ANY misuse of a smartphone, no matter the context, ranging from hacking mailboxes to using it to upskirt or take videos of people in toilet cubicles on a night out.

Upskirting is creepy. Not taking action in the highest legislative area in the country send out the wrong message to the pervs.

"If I caught them doing it they’d be very bloody sorry. I totally agree with you. I stopped wearing skirts out years ago a lot men can’t keep their hands to themselves. I ended up with a sprained wrist hitting one fella lol hit another with my handbag "

I would react the same

But yet I could be charged with assault !!

I agree...how is this different than a peeping tom..clearly they don't respect women in the house of parliament

South Dublin

"If I caught them doing it they’d be very bloody sorry. I totally agree with you. I stopped wearing skirts out years ago a lot men can’t keep their hands to themselves. I ended up with a sprained wrist hitting one fella lol hit another with my handbag

I would react the same

"

They’d have to admit why I hurt them too thou I’d take the charge lol

Cant believe this wasnt always a crime

Wtf !

"If I caught them doing it they’d be very bloody sorry. I totally agree with you. I stopped wearing skirts out years ago a lot men can’t keep their hands to themselves. I ended up with a sprained wrist hitting one fella lol hit another with my handbag

I would react the same

They’d have to admit why I hurt them too thou I’d take the charge lol"

So would I !

And the fecker would be in A @ E first before he spoke to the police !

South Dublin

I would react the same

They’d have to admit why I hurt them too thou I’d take the charge lol

So would I !

And the fecker would be in A @ E first before he spoke to the police ! "

No better place for the scumbags

"So in the houses of Parliament today they voted not to make Upskirting and criminal offence...

I personaly think it's a violation of a woman and should be classed as an offence...

If a man put his hand up my skirt without my consent, it a sexual violation and a criminal offence

So why should it not be a violation if someone without my consent holds a phone under my skirt and takes a picture

Any views on this? "

And what is a woman does this to a man under a kilt? Is that accecptable? I think not!

Ive not seen the wording of the bill and by when ive read of the mp that objected, he objects to every bill but maybe he is ensuring the wording of the bill means it covers all genders.

We dont need another law that only applies to one gender.

"So in the houses of Parliament today they voted not to make Upskirting and criminal offence...

Any views on this?

And what is a woman does this to a man under a kilt? Is that accecptable? I think not!

Ive not seen the wording of the bill and by when ive read of the mp that objected, he objects to every bill but maybe he is ensuring the wording of the bill means it covers all genders.

We dont need another law that only applies to one gender."

It should apply to anyone wearing a skirt/kilt or any outerwear that has a hem that is open to the genital area !

Btw i bwlieve it should be a law but should protect everyone if they are male or female.

You often hear of guys in kilts getting the kilts lifted up etc which is just as wrong as if a ma was to lift a womans skirt.

By *ifeisforliving2016Man  over a year ago

waterford

Was at a vanilla fancy dress party a few years ago dressed as a Roman centuriun,it was cold so had boxers on I was amazed how many women had to drop the hand by the end of the night ,they thought it was a great laugh.

Should be made hold a bill board on o connells street saying what he did

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

UK was used as an example for Ireland to have an abortion, so lets use them as an example here and say upskirting should not be a crime.

By *iffaWoman  over a year ago

wherever

"UK was used as an example for Ireland to have an abortion, so lets use them as an example here and say upskirting should not be a crime."

"UK was used as an example for Ireland to have an abortion, so lets use them as an example here and say upskirting should not be a crime."

Off Topic !!

By *ornyDubMan25Man  over a year ago

Berlin

Wtf?

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

Upskirting is an invasion of privacy which leaves victims feeling degraded and distressed...A woman started the campaign to change the law after two men took a picture up her skirt while she was at a concert in London's Hyde Park last July.

Police said they were unable to prosecute as the picture was not graphic enough because she was wearing underwear.

Scotland outlawed upskirting about 10 years ago with hefty criminal charges and possible prison time. Oh yeah, men in Scotland wear skirts.

By *uietman1964Man  over a year ago

carlow

Must say I do try a sneaky peak when I see a lady wearing a skirt crossing her legs and I dont know many lads who dont. Yes taking pics is offside but I am just wondering would it have included as an offence women who go up to guys wearing kilts and lift the kilt up uninvited ..or is that just women having a bit of fun

Why would someone want to make a call from under a woman's skirt?

"Why would someone want to make a call from under a woman's skirt?"

Trying to get a signal

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

Some people must be sick I would never touch a lady like that unless we were playing together .

Agree with you it's violation of women privacy

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

"Why would someone want to make a call from under a woman's skirt?"

I blame the government for taking away all the phone boxes. The lengths people have to go to now just to get some privacy...

"Why would someone want to make a call from under a woman's skirt?

Trying to get a signal "

Oh right! But what if the woman moves? Then the line will drop.

"Why would someone want to make a call from under a woman's skirt?

I blame the government for taking away all the phone boxes. The lengths people have to go to now just to get some privacy..."

In the city centre you still have phone boxes, the other day i saw a guy injecting inside one of them.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Section Two of the Bill

Voyeurism (Offences) Bill (HC Bill 174)

Could easily be cause innocent photos coming into the scope of the bill. It would be very difficult to prove that the photo had been taken for the wider picture rather than the titillation of the exposed knickers or private parts.

That is why it is important that such bills are debated properly as government bills rather than private members bills which have very limited time allowed for debate.

The time taken to read these two upskirting threads is longer than the time allowed for a private members bill

Wakefield

By the way those pictures often shown where the sun reveals a woman's figure through her skirt would be illegal under the proposed bill.

It is not just pictures where the man puts a camera between a woman's legs without her knowledge, read the Bill

By *hors.HammerMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

It should be illegal. It's wrong.

I've had my own issues. I wear a kilt and every time i go out a woman either lifts it, puts Their hand up it, or puts a phone under to take a picture. I always say if it was roles reversed with a man doing it they would be hit it done for sexual assault. Every single woman that has done that has not seen the issue with it because I'm a man. Apparently if i didn't want it I wouldn't have worn a kilt was what more than one has said to me.

Guess some see it as a double standard.

By *lay2018Couple  over a year ago

westmeath & roscommon.

Have never heard of it

"If I caught them doing it they’d be very bloody sorry. I totally agree with you. I stopped wearing skirts out years ago a lot men can’t keep their hands to themselves. I ended up with a sprained wrist hitting one fella lol hit another with my handbag "

HA ha i nearly broke my wrist also one night when i was in a long term and a swing Virgin lol. I giggled when I seen your post.

"It should be illegal. It's wrong.

I've had my own issues. I wear a kilt and every time i go out a woman either lifts it, puts Their hand up it, or puts a phone under to take a picture. I always say if it was roles reversed with a man doing it they would be hit it done for sexual assault. Every single woman that has done that has not seen the issue with it because I'm a man. Apparently if i didn't want it I wouldn't have worn a kilt was what more than one has said to me.

Guess some see it as a double standard.

"

Double standards will never change. I remember going for jogs at 15/16 and grown women were beeping the car horn and shouting sexy legs etc.. Cause we did it in groups. We thought it was great and I still do but imagine grown men doing that to younger girls. Another thing is in work women make sexual innuendos all the time and most of the guys while all beaming from ear to ear are careful of what they say. I don't care about these things though (well the women doing things uninvited to your kilt is a bit more outrageous) that being said up skirting is horrible. Anyone caught in the act deserves a dig or 10 and a court appearance for sexual assault

"

Could easily be cause innocent photos coming into the scope of the bill. It would be very difficult to prove that the photo had been taken for the wider picture rather than the titillation of the exposed knickers or private parts.

"

Hang on...........WHAT????????

How the fuck can putting a camera under a woman's skirt and taking a photo be in any shape or form innocent or for the wider picture? "Ohhh Im sorry officer, I was taking photos of the clouds and she walked over my camera" wise up!

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

"

How the fuck can putting a camera under a woman's skirt and taking a photo be in any shape or form innocent or for the wider picture? "Ohhh Im sorry officer, I was taking photos of the clouds and she walked over my camera" wise up!"

That's not what was said read it again what it refers to is taking a picture and something as simple as the sun shining behind a woman shows the outline of her body under her dress will be deemed upskirting and there for an offence.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

I think we stay old school.

Shine the bejaysus out of the toe of your black brogues and just place your foot at the right angle and enjoy the view without recording it. These kids and their smartphones have no clue

"

How the fuck can putting a camera under a woman's skirt and taking a photo be in any shape or form innocent or for the wider picture? "Ohhh Im sorry officer, I was taking photos of the clouds and she walked over my camera" wise up!

That's not what was said read it again what it refers to is taking a picture and something as simple as the sun shining behind a woman shows the outline of her body under her dress will be deemed upskirting and there for an offence."

Sun shining......I despair! Nobody should be taking photos of a man or woman or child or anyone without their permission! If I wanted to take a photo of the sun, or any scenery/object and thre was a person in the foreground I would fucking move round them to take it! Anybody who cares about their photos will not want anyone in the way ruining their shot anyway! Just creepy bastards using that as an excuse, "ohhh I was taking a photo of that big sun thing about 150MILLION KMs away and she just happened to be bending over 5 feet in front of me when I took the photo"

Wakefield

"

How the fuck can putting a camera under a woman's skirt and taking a photo be in any shape or form innocent or for the wider picture? "Ohhh Im sorry officer, I was taking photos of the clouds and she walked over my camera" wise up!"

Have you read the Bill?

The wording could easily be cause innocent photos coming into the scope of the bill. It would be very difficult to prove that the photo had been taken for the wider picture rather than the titillation of the exposed knickers or private parts.

The way the Bill is worded any picture that shows a woman's knickers under her skirt is covered by the Bill.

The photographer would then have to prove he/she was not taking the photo to turn himself/herself or other people on.

It is not possible to prove such a thing therefore an innocent photographer could be found guilty and put on the sexual offenders list.

That is why such Bills need proper scrutiny to enable them to be worded correctly to catch the offenders but not be so wide ranging to ensure the innocent.

Nobody is arguing that what is commonly thought of upskirting is wrong it is just the broad scope of the Bill that is wrong.

» Add a new message to this topic