FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How do you know?

How do you know?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lippery-when-wet-180 OP   Woman  over a year ago

South Dublin

My teenage daughter asked me today “how do you know when you are in love” I really didn’t know what to say as I don’t think I’ve ever really been in love!

My sis says she knows her hubby is the one cause as much as she wants to kill him the thought of him not being with her is stronger

So how do you know? Is it like what my sis said? And what made you realise you did love that special one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *quirt hunter1Man  over a year ago

all over

Think ive only been in love once in my life dunno how to explain it it was just chemistry or maybe I wasnt and it was just teenage hormones lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I really did think I was , almost married but didn't work out now not sure if it ever was true love ??

all over

Yap I think its a teenage thing and as you get older its harder to find although I do know couples who are truely in love but then again there a bit mad

Could be still to come lol

all over

You never know whats around d corner

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

When you get a pain in your stomach when they haven't called you in more than a day. When they do call you, your chest and legs get warm.

That's what I recall from my early teens, pre-sex, just foreplay stage.

As I have always separated sex from love, occasionally I got caught out and the first sex was amazing and emotional. When it was emotional, I'd an idea it might be love and, sometimes it was and a relationship flourished. Being me, it didn't stop me from having gratifying sex with others, minus the heightened emotions.

Now, as sex is so rare, I'd probably find it difficult not to have sex without any emotion but find it easier to separate those from love.

Hope that makes sense to you, as it does to me.

"When you get a pain in your stomach when they haven't called you in more than a day. When they do call you, your chest and legs get warm.

As I have always separated sex from love, occasionally I got caught out and the first sex was amazing and emotional. When it was emotional, I'd an idea it might be love and, sometimes it was and a relationship flourished. Being me, it didn't stop me from having gratifying sex with others, minus the heightened emotions.

Now, as sex is so rare, I'd probably find it difficult not to have sex without any emotion but find it easier to separate those from love.

Hope that makes sense to you, as it does to me."

Ya makes a lot of sense

By *rxmrsCouple  over a year ago

Dublin westmeath galway

If he the first person she thinks of in the morning and the last person she thinks off at night then yes she's in love believe me

When that person's happiness is almost as important as your own and you take their needs and feelings into consideration when making decisions.

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

In love once, my last relationship. Long, long distance, but always felt we were right beside each other. We knew each other better than we knew ourselves. Just couldn't work due to circumstances beyond our control first time I split up with someone were neither of us wanted it to end. Life can be cruel.

It's a cliché....... but if it happens, you know. If you have to say to yourself "I think I'm in love" .............. you are not. Not in the true purest sense of the word at least. It is a sentence, quite often, that can be said just for the sake of saying it. If it happens once in a lifetime, I've definitely already been dealt that card.

Dunboyne & Dublin

"When you get a pain in your stomach when they haven't called you in more than a day. When they do call you, your chest and legs get warm.

Hope that makes sense to you, as it does to me.

Ya makes a lot of sense "

Were you living in London in the 90's too?

Dunboyne & Dublin

"In love once, my last relationship. Long, long distance, but always felt we were right beside each other. We knew each other better than we knew ourselves. Just couldn't work due to circumstances beyond our control first time I split up with someone were neither of us wanted it to end. Life can be cruel.

It's a cliché....... but if it happens, you know. If you have to say to yourself "I think I'm in love" .............. you are not. Not in the true purest sense of the word at least. It is a sentence, quite often, that can be said just for the sake of saying it. If it happens once in a lifetime, I've definitely already been dealt that card. "

Be happy you got the card. The dealer may shuffle the deck, or call for new cards, after them being played so well, then it may come up again. Recognise it when it does

By *rxmrsCouple  over a year ago

Dublin westmeath galway

"If he the first person she thinks of in the morning and the last person she thinks off at night then yes she's in love believe me "
and happy to say were still in love after 17 years of marriage

Dunboyne & Dublin

"If he the first person she thinks of in the morning and the last person she thinks off at night then yes she's in love believe me and happy to say were still in love after 17 years of marriage"

Sweet and congratulations

By *lowersMan  over a year ago

Derry

I had a four year affair with a work colleague. It was only after it ended I realised she is the only woman I’ve ever really loved. We broke up six years ago and I still think of her and miss her everyday.

Well suppose Wen you think about them all time and would do anything for them and they make you happy when there around that be sign of love

"My teenage daughter asked me today “how do you know when you are in love” I really didn’t know what to say as I don’t think I’ve ever really been in love!

My sis says she knows her hubby is the one cause as much as she wants to kill him the thought of him not being with her is stronger

So how do you know? Is it like what my sis said? And what made you realise you did love that special one "

Would not expect many people on site to understand what being truly in love feels like.

South Dublin

"My teenage daughter asked me today “how do you know when you are in love” I really didn’t know what to say as I don’t think I’ve ever really been in love!

So how do you know? Is it like what my sis said? And what made you realise you did love that special one Would not expect many people on site to understand what being truly in love feels like."

You would say that

Foreigner had a great hit with I want to know what love is,don't know if they ever found out

South Dublin

"Foreigner had a great hit with I want to know what love is,don't know if they ever found out "

One of my fav songs

By *arry and AnnCouple  over a year ago

Louth

You just know. The butterflies will tell you

So is your daughter in love with some pesky boy lol

You only know you love her when you let her go - passenger

I have no idea.. i dont think its something that can be described really. Its a feeling. Its inside you. Makes u want to cry and vomit and smile and laugh all at the same time cause u dont know ur arse from ur elbow and daily life stuff starts to become insignificant and that person is all you want and care about..

South Dublin

"So is your daughter in love with some pesky boy lol "

No she’s an inquisitive girl and wanted to know and god love her asking me she did say I know you are probably the wrong person to ask

Foreigner had a great hit with I want to know what love is,don't know if they ever found out

One of my fav songs

A blast from the past

You only know you love her when you let her go - passenger

I have no idea.. i dont think its something that can be described really. Its a feeling. Its inside you. Makes u want to cry and vomit and smile and laugh all at the same time cause u dont know ur arse from ur elbow and daily life stuff starts to become insignificant and that person is all you want and care about..

!-

Not a bad way of putting it,

How do you know when you're in love?

When she slaps you on the arse and says

"You're in, Love"

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"How do you know when you're in love?

"You're in, Love""

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

At that age it’s all consuming and all you can think about , they will soon learn lol

By *ichael MeathMan  over a year ago

Dublin

So how do you know? Is it like what my sis said? And what made you realise you did love that special one "

Isn't that just the question that we, as human beings, have been asking forever (like the meaning of life). I think you just know. Your body knows it, your soul knows it, one just needs to listen and be present. I can't think of any other answer...

I suppose 'in love' is two people feeling the same about each other, wanting the best for each other and working to keep that. Loving someone is different, to me anyway. Loving someone is being happy for them to be with someone else, because you know that other person makes them happier than you did. Loving someone is shit, but worth it when it's good

By *lowersMan  over a year ago

Derry

"I suppose 'in love' is two people feeling the same about each other, wanting the best for each other and working to keep that. Loving someone is different, to me anyway. Loving someone is being happy for them to be with someone else, because you know that other person makes them happier than you did. Loving someone is shit, but worth it when it's good "

In theory that is so right. I don’t miss my ex in a selfish way. I just miss her

"I suppose 'in love' is two people feeling the same about each other, wanting the best for each other and working to keep that. Loving someone is different, to me anyway. Loving someone is being happy for them to be with someone else, because you know that other person makes them happier than you did. Loving someone is shit, but worth it when it's good

In theory that is so right. I don’t miss my ex in a selfish way. I just miss her"

I hear you x

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

I agree with a lot of things said above. When you know you just know. The thought of being without that person scares you. You care for their needs and happiness over yours. You can recognise their flaws and look beyond them. You would do anything for that person.

Its an evolving thing though. When youre a teenager it just consumes you and nothing else matters. As you mature i think it feels different but equally as exciting.

By *ensualandslow321Man  over a year ago

Tullamore

"I agree with a lot of things said above. When you know you just know. The thought of being without that person scares you. You care for their needs and happiness over yours. You can recognise their flaws and look beyond them. You would do anything for that

Its an evolving thing though. When youre a teenager it just consumes you and nothing else matters. As you mature i think it feels different but equally as exciting. "

Very well put. If both people put the others needs before their own automatically without thinking about it, then it's something special.

By *llie and ApplesCouple  over a year ago

where ever

Love is...

"A misunderstanding between two fools"

A wise woman once told me

Olliepops

South Dublin

"How do you know when you're in love?

"You're in, Love""

Oh is that where I’ve been going wrong

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Dr. Seuss

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

Dr. Seuss"

This sums up my life.. hee hee.

I always thought love was when they didn't want chips after

"I always thought love was when they didn't want chips after "

Thought it was when they shared a bag of chips

Confused now

When my now hubby told me at 11 he loved me and was going to marry me I giggled (as you do) but knew he was right. We don't work without each other (soppy I know) he's my best friend that probably knows me better than I know myself. Does he make me angry of course but never anything we can't fix... And hey he let's me have as much cock as I want it's win win really

As others have said you just know

South Dublin

"When my now hubby told me at 11 he loved me and was going to marry me I giggled (as you do) but knew he was right. We don't work without each other (soppy I know) he's my best friend that probably knows me better than I know myself. Does he make me angry of course but never anything we can't fix... And hey he let's me have as much cock as I want it's win win really

As others have said you just know "

Soppy fuckers

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

" “how do you know when you are in love” "

When she starts to gargle

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

When it's over and you're heartbroken

When you meet someone when you are 17 and cannot imagine lifecwithout him. The kissing, the passion, the trust, the butterflies when you know you are going to meet him. You share laughter, pain, passion, kisses, birth and death. And still look at him and feel the the flutters in your tummy and cant resist stealing a kiss impulsively no matter where you are. Knowing he is my rock.

That is love for me.

"When you meet someone when you are 17 and cannot imagine lifecwithout him. The kissing, the passion, the trust, the butterflies when you know you are going to meet him. You share laughter, pain, passion, kisses, birth and death. And still look at him and feel the the flutters in your tummy and cant resist stealing a kiss impulsively no matter where you are. Knowing he is my rock.

That is love for me."

Well said Pheonix ... you are obviously among the lucky ones ... some of us here are still looking, others found but lost it

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

[Removed by poster at 28/06/18 22:50:13]

Its when she slaps you on the arse and says "your in love"

Is it that hard to chat to people on this ?? Can’t seem to chat with anyone !!

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

when you get butterflies in your tummy when they come in the door after not seeing them all day , when they are the last thing u think of before u fall asleep and the first thing you think of when u wake up , or when you have an argument , you feel sick and want to make things feel good again, and wanting to be cuddled and kissed passionately by them too just a few i feel

mrs crazy

I think it is when you meet a person all you want is them happy even if you are not that person sounds mad to say it like that but it is my opinion

» Add a new message to this topic