FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Rudeness in all its forms

Rudeness in all its forms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just emailed a couple who said they were looking for meets. Suggested a meet, and got a reply back saying "no...."

Was going to reply back saying no bother thanks for the reply at least, but guess what? Blocked.

Methinks some folk use this site to get even with the world!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I don't that as rude,they replied which a lot of people don't

They may have blocked you because some guys can't take no for an answer or because they have said no and don't feel that further contact is neccessary

I take your point but hugely disagree the reply was very much of the having a go variety, and why assume someone is not going to take no for an answer?

If i was a dopey fucker and emailed them saying oh please please, then by all means block my sorry ass, but to block just because smells of someone who is unhappy in their own little world.

Just curious what other folk think.

And ahem before anyone asks why I dont make the point to the people that blocked me, I cant ya know!

well they can still read what you write on the forum. They probably blocked you in case you messaged them again in the future. This happens to us quite a lot, say no thank you politely then a month or so later can get a msg from the same person asking the same thing. It is very annoying and maybe that's how that particular couple deal with things now. The best way to deal with this site is to not take it so seriously, its not a matter of life or death is it?

they blocked you,life goes on,no real harm done,get over it,moaning about it isnt attractive

Isnt it funny that we encourage people to use the forums and make comments, warn them not to make personal attacks on other users on risk of banning, and when a guy follows the rules and makes a point (that you can agree or disagree with), other users personalise it and have a go at the person making the point?

The question he asked was is it rude, might be worth dealing with the point folks....

And who is being rude?? The advice given is pretty good to be honest, he is best blocking and moving on, dwelling on it is just going to cause more problems than solving any.

i fail to see who was having a go at the op,from what i see,its only advice,how one takes that advice is up to themselves

By *ougarbelfastWoman  over a year ago

belfast

"Isnt it funny that we encourage people to use the forums and make comments, warn them not to make personal attacks on other users on risk of banning, and when a guy follows the rules and makes a point (that you can agree or disagree with), other users personalise it and have a go at the person making the point?

The question he asked was is it rude, might be worth dealing with the point folks...."

Well the original post did not ask if it was rude he felt it was rude if you look at the title of his post. Other members were giving the poster their experience and what I would call helpful advice. Nobody is attacking the poster or having a go it just seems that certain single men (note the word certain and not all) are a touch too sensitive at times. We all deal with things in different ways

By *arlo123Man  over a year ago

Clontarf

Hi there , yes that's annoying , I suppose at least you got a reply , I mailed a couple recently and mentioned I was married , got a reply to say we don t want married men , which was fine and acceptable ... Until I viewed a post from them going dogging .... I m sure a few married guys do partake ? Go figure ???

I agree with nylons, a polite no thanks and leave it at that but then if down the line if you get the same message use the block button, no point in repeating yourself over and over again.

By *allfungent24Man  over a year ago

city

I wouldnt worry about it.....loads of guys on here so your going to get a lot of nos and blocks.

Just concentrate on making friends with people who want to talk to you.

By *HandDNCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

At the end of the day a complete stranger who was polite enough to respond to your message doesn't want any more contact with you. It's not the end of the world. It may be a tad bit rude but if I was you I would worry more over why you are so sensitive about it? Move on, plenty more fish in the sea

Just go get a bottle of Vodka, listen to some Heavy Metal Music, then go hunt em down.. teach em to do that on you again !!!!

I can see the headline in the sun......

"Swinger swings axe over rejection"

Get used to it plenty of rudeness to be found on the site just make sure it don't get to you. Be yourself and enjoy the experience with the better mannered people

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

tbf getting a reply should make you happy.

at least they didnt ignore you and block your ass.

ateotd people block people for different reasons. maybe they have had the 'person who cant take no for an answer' and would rather not take the risk. maybe they didnt like the meet you organised or felt rushed? we dont know without ALL the facts.

as has been said, move on, be happy, plenty more people you may be able to meet with

sometimes that's just the way it goes if they've had better offer or rethink dont take it personally

Not sure you read the original thread but thats exactly what they did, "block my ass".

Amazing reaction to my thread and thanks to all you guys for giving your views. Of course the guys who blocked me in the first place didnt dare post and didnt dare comment, but thats sad people for you.

I guess its the think that saddens me about people who use the block button so quickly. they dont have the wit or confidence in themselves to stand up for their point of view so they just block and take the "whatever" approach to life. Which is sad for them not for the rest of us.

Again thanks again for the comments. As they ad says, its good to talk...

but i did read it, hence saying at least they didnt ignore you and block you, they replied and blocked you.

we block people for all sorts of reasons, being pushy, their messages coming over suspiciously (mrs has fallen out with a really nasty little cunt of a person so we have to be VERY careful as to who we talk to/share pics with), so just to say they have done this or that for X reason is merely your opinion and without insight, nobody can say why they actually blocked you, or indeed without seeing the whole conversation history we dont get the fullpicture.

"

Amazing reaction to my thread and thanks to all you guys for giving your views. Of course the guys who blocked me in the first place didnt dare post and didnt dare comment, but thats sad people for you.

"

What is sad is you are assuming that the couple in question have even seen thread let alone " dare" post to it

You mailed a couple, they said thanks and no thanks and rather go through the email table tennis they blocked you as no further contact from you was wanted by them. How was that in any way shape or form rude? They replied to your initial contact and said no. They didnt block you without replying

Fuck the Vodka..

Go get some Black Label Vodka.. and baseball bat.....

By *ornyAndHung4FunMan  over a year ago

Lisburn

I don't know if it was intentionally rude as they did reply whereas most wouldn't.

In my humble opinion, and I stress that this is just my personal opinion, I would find it pretty arrogant if I opened a message from a stranger who just suggested a meet straight away without at least chatting to see if we would even 'click'.

Now I know this is a sex site and some people can be very blunt, and indeed some people prefer not to swap endless emails and prefer to get straight to the action. However I personally would compliment someone, tell them abit about myself, I always read their profile top to bottom, I'd then say something like if you would like to read my profile and want to respond I'd look forward to that, if not, the very best of luck.

I don't think I'd be as brazen as to just suggest a meet in an opening email, as that may make me seem abit pushy. But that's just me. Each to their own,

On the flipside if that coin, I've yet to be verified by another member, so prob don't listen to me as I'm full of sh!t lol

Ger i totally agree, if i get a no, and thats a big IF (most times no reply),i think its only common decency to thank them for a reply, but i have had the experience of being blocked BEFORE i even got the chance to introduce ,myself lol...i look on it as their loss....i love what i do and i am damn good at it!

Abbey, i agree with the heavy metal part 100% and the drink....the rest i am not so sure about

we block peeps with shite profiles

get over it

"tbf getting a reply should make you happy.

Not sure you read the original thread but thats exactly what they did, "block my ass".

I guess its the think that saddens me about people who use the block button so quickly. they dont have the wit or confidence in themselves to stand up for their point of view so they just block and take the "whatever" approach to life. Which is sad for them not for the rest of us.

Again thanks again for the comments. As they ad says, its good to talk..."

dammit, and you dont soft play! lol

"we block peeps with shite profiles

get over it

lifes tuff....... what does not

kill u makes u stronger.... ha

"dammit, and you dont soft play! lol

we block peeps with shite profiles

get over it

As folk may have guessed this is indeed the couple who blocked me. Can I suggest their eloquence proves the title of my original post "ignorance in all it's forms "

not at all.

look at the difference between your profile and those of people that have posted.

most a informative. yours just says you wanna chat and whatever, not really saying anything about you is it???

By *weet threesome wifeCouple  over a year ago

Kilrea

your op is almost twice as long as your profile, if you message us with a 23 word profile and no pix it would be no thanx too, sorry but most people like to know a bit about the sender of message without having to ask, and i can only assume you must have indeed tried to message them back to find yourself blocked, so that would seem they wanted no more contact and did what they felt was needed, you ask where they rude?? i dont know you said they only said no thanx, is that rude?? but they didnt bad mouth you, yet you did bad mouth them with a challaange to post, some may find your attatude to be rude, not so easy going and respecful!! maybe just put it behind you and move on, we have been blocked it's not nice but at least we wont be wasting our time on them

Lovinit you said a mouth full there, and yes you are correct,but forums are a place to get an issue out there, but i fall squarely behind you in the fact that it is NOT nice to be blocked, but i am very much a believer that each to their own as i said in an earlier post, if ppl want to block you then they can,not nice i know,and i know thats your point, but we are all different.

Where you and i might have handLed it differently, that couple chose to handle it their way....all i can say is so what Ger, just keep looking,One thing i do know for every one you would consider rude there are atleast 10 who are not....you prob tired listening to this now....but pick yourself up man and move on.....and for the love of God ppl remeMber one thing

We are all here for a little bit of fun and we are harming no one, been blocked? what odds move fun to be had else where

( well unless you are over 45 which seems to be the magical cut off point) oooppppsssss i nearly broke my own rule.....now i have to move on LMAO

hi jerry

if you messaged us about a meet and we looked at your profile and seen that you have no pics and your verification was hidden we would not even answer you.

your on here over a year put up some pics, show that your verified.

couples that get a lot of messages are not going to bother with profiles that have no pics.

if you don,t show an interest in your own profile why should other people.

update and try a little harder

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

thats our wee bigbear.

people that have been on for ages yet still have a crappy little profile, no pics and no veri's.

ok, they arent the be all and end all, but to know who, or what you are dealing with, they help massivly.

looks like your moaning thread has gone pearshaped as people arent backing you up, fella.

i would suggest you follow the helpful hints of the other succsessful single guys on here.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The blocks are there for everyone to use as they wish.

No one has to justify why they block people and they also shouldn't have to put up with people bad mouthing them on the forums for doing so.

Badmouthing people on a forum is against rules, even if you don't name them.

If you think it is rude to block people, then I think this might be the wrong site for you...with this being an adult site.

Thread has run it's course now.