FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > 17 hours.....

17 hours.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eracity OP   Man  over a year ago

the big smoke

One person in Ireland is diagnosed with HIV every 17 hours. While the rest of Europe has seen a decline in HIV, Ireland has drastically increased. Why? The reporter who carried out the study said it was the lack of sexual education and the near negative coverage of the illness in Ireland (sure sweep it under the rug. Be grand so it will).

Well done Ireland. Keep up the bad work.

Personally I use Dr Derek Freedman in Ranelagh Village twice a year.

Get feckin checked and remember, AIDS kills so don’t be silly. Wear a condom on your willy.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouncytitsbitchWoman  over a year ago

wouldnt you like to know.

Couldn’t agree more. The sex education is terrible. If you were to go for a sexual health screening you are looked down apon by peers.

By *eracity OP   Man  over a year ago

the big smoke

Alas such is the way. When people should be applauded for getting the finger out and getting the fingers in they aren’t. Sexual health is still seen as a dirty deed in this wee backward country.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

I have to agree, the amount of people who are completely ignorant of risk is mind-boggling. Not just about Aids and HIV but even the more common infections that are spread sexually.

1. Many STIs can be transmitted through oral sex. You don't have to fuck to catch one.

2. Condoms are no guarantee of safety. They just reduce risk.

You don't have to go to a clinic to be tested. Your GP can do it, or another GP if you're not comfortable with your own GP, but regular testing is as important as smear tests, breast checks and prostate exams... We may not enjoy them, but it's better to know and look after your body than to be ignorant, especially when your ignorance might spread the infection to others.

And for Christ's sake... If you do have an infection, inform previous partners so they can get tested, take appropriate steps and inform their other partners. All it takes is for one person to stick their head in the mud and say nothing for these infections to spread... Some infections can lay dormant for up to 3 months before someone will test positive, in which time the people they have met may have met other people, who will then go on to meet other people... You get the idea. Ireland is a small country.

Be responsible. Be informed. Be honest. Get tested - regularly. Most people opt for once a year... Its not ideal, but better than not going at all. Every 3 months would be better. Doesn't matter how few people you meet, you really don't know how many people they are meeting (and people lie). The only truly safe sex is none at all... And that isn't much fun now is it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"people should be applauded for getting the finger out and getting the fingers in. "

I no marketing expert but that right there should be the hse’s new slogan for sexual health screening

You just have to look at the way STI's are discussed on Fab usually to see why people don't get tested more or don't come out with positive tests. Not HIV persay but somethindlg more treatable and common.

STI's are used to ridicule people and as insults and its stigmatising by a community that should be far more enlightened about the risk we all take.

I’d say increase could be due to the increase in people getting tested now could be wrong

Every so often groupon do an sti deal for cherry wood where it is 59e for a full test. I go twice a year for a test. I also donate blood so I can't sleep with bi men, I know it's hard to eliminate all bi men because you don't know everyone's past sexual history but if you knowing sleep with bi men you can't donate blood.

"Every so often groupon do an sti deal for cherry wood where it is 59e for a full test. I go twice a year for a test. I also donate blood so I can't sleep with bi men, I know it's hard to eliminate all bi men because you don't know everyone's past sexual history but if you knowing sleep with bi men you can't donate blood. "

It is about fucking time they ditched that archaic rule!

» Add a new message to this topic