FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > New TV Licence ad

New TV Licence ad

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *P_80 OP   Man  over a year ago

Waterford

Before they used to say where the money was (supposed to be) going.

Now the tag line at the end is "That's just one of the terms and conditions of life in Ireland"

It's like they couldn't be arsed any more and are just basically saying, "Look, we're taking your money, get over it"

Wankers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vpamelaTV/TS  over a year ago

kinkville

"Before they used to say where the money was (supposed to be) going.

Now the tag line at the end is "That's just one of the terms and conditions of life in Ireland"

It's like they couldn't be arsed any more and are just basically saying, "Look, we're taking your money, get over it"

Wankers "

I'd rather spend it on a new wig and killer heels

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

All of the tv licence fee goes to fund rte..some people dont have rte and i think people like this should be exempt from paying..the add says even if you stream how to vids from youtube on your phone to your tv you must pay a tv licence..youtube and other streaming sites have absolutely nothing got to do with rte so how can they justify this

Waterford

"All of the tv licence fee goes to fund rte..some people dont have rte and i think people like this should be exempt from paying..the add says even if you stream how to vids from youtube on your phone to your tv you must pay a tv licence..youtube and other streaming sites have absolutely nothing got to do with rte so how can they justify this "

My understanding of it is if you have any device that you can access RTE content on then you have to have a licence whether you view it or not.

So by that logic, couldn't I set up a website and charge anyone who has a device that can access my site whether they view it or not?

I always hated the explanation of, "It's the law"

Waterford

Wankers .

I'd rather spend it on a new wig and killer heels"

louth

"All of the tv licence fee goes to fund rte..some people dont have rte and i think people like this should be exempt from paying..the add says even if you stream how to vids from youtube on your phone to your tv you must pay a tv licence..youtube and other streaming sites have absolutely nothing got to do with rte so how can they justify this

My understanding of it is if you have any device that you can access RTE content on then you have to have a licence whether you view it or not.

So by that logic, couldn't I set up a website and charge anyone who has a device that can access my site whether they view it or not?

I always hated the explanation of, "It's the law""

If you pay it once well then they have you for the rest of yur life..best bet is to keep the curtains closed and dont answer the door

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Shiver me timbers! You now need a licence to be TV... the country is gone to the dogs

"Shiver me timbers! You now need a licence to be TV... the country is gone to the dogs "

It's not just TVs, it's CDs too!

"Shiver me timbers! You now need a licence to be TV... the country is gone to the dogs

It's not just TVs, it's CDs too!"

Thank heavens for Spotify

When I moved to my new place got a letter saying our records show there's no tv licence at the property and it's mandatory or you will be fined , sent them a reply , there's a good reason for this property have no licence .....cause there is no TV.

They warned me if I claim that an inspector can show up , my reply ...... send it anytime

louth

"When I moved to my new place got a letter saying our records show there's no tv licence at the property and it's mandatory or you will be fined , sent them a reply , there's a good reason for this property have no licence .....cause there is no TV.

They warned me if I claim that an inspector can show up , my reply ...... send it anytime "

I get letters all the time..I dont correspond with them in any way..there is no tv in my place so why should I?

they get very threatening stating that an inspector called at such a time and there was no reply to the door and tht there is clear evidence of a tv on the premises ie a satellite dish outside that previous tenants had..i just dont respond..

Wankers "

A quick question... If I have smart tv but mostly use Netflix, and YouTube should I pay the licence too?

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Wankers

A quick question... If I have smart tv but mostly use Netflix, and YouTube should I pay the licence too? "

If your smart tv can access the RTE player, then yes.

louth

[Removed by poster at 15/03/19 20:34:58]

Wankers

A quick question... If I have smart tv but mostly use Netflix, and YouTube should I pay the licence too?

If your smart tv can access the RTE player, then yes."

I don't think so

louth

Wankers

If your smart tv can access the RTE player, then yes."

It doesn't matter whether or not your tv can access rte content..the fact that you have tv means you need a tv licence..not fair I know

Wankers

A quick question... If I have smart tv but mostly use Netflix, and YouTube should I pay the licence too? "

Yes as long you have a tv device you have to pay for the licence , my brother got fined an inspector came over even though he showed the TV was just for the PlayStation and not even an internet connection , he had a TV so it's pay up

Wankers

It doesn't matter whether or not your tv can access rte content..the fact that you have tv means you need a tv licence..not fair I know"

Not fair! Ok who wants this tv?

louth

Wankers

Yes as long you have a tv device you have to pay for the licence , my brother got fined an inspector came over even though he showed the TV was just for the PlayStation and not even an internet connection , he had a TV so it's pay up "

Thats exactly how it works

Wankers

Yes as long you have a tv device you have to pay for the licence , my brother got fined an inspector came over even though he showed the TV was just for the PlayStation and not even an internet connection , he had a TV so it's pay up "

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

The "If it can access rte player" thing is for people who claim its a pc monitor.

I have a pc monitor, I work on it, it has netflix etc, if an inspector called they could demand a second tv licence for it because it can access the rte player.

Same as a tablet if you play the rte player on it.

In theory they only use this to catch you if you have no tv licence at all and are acting smart with them. But really its a real dick move. Maybe phone up your isp and ask them to block you from rte.

"The "If it can access rte player" thing is for people who claim its a pc monitor.

I have a pc monitor, I work on it, it has netflix etc, if an inspector called they could demand a second tv licence for it because it can access the rte player.

Same as a tablet if you play the rte player on it.

In theory they only use this to catch you if you have no tv licence at all and are acting smart with them. But really its a real dick move. Maybe phone up your isp and ask them to block you from rte."

Its not a big deal. Ill pay it. Thanks for explanation!

Do you think being charming might work if the inspector actually knocking the doors to check my tv licence?

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"Its not a big deal. Ill pay it. Thanks for explanation!

Do you think being charming might work if the inspector actually knocking the doors to check my tv licence? "

I have no idea, I did get stung in the UK for it.

Licence guy knocked at the door, said tv inspector. I said didnt have a tv, he said "its right behind you I can see it", I said "thats not my tv mate, I only rent a room here no tv in my room".

There was a tv in my room.

Anyway I flirted with him but he wasnt having any of it, wanted me to pay or take me to court, so I told him id get my debit card knowing it wouldnt work in his UK payment system, and then played dumb "Id love to pay mate trying the card only arrived its not working dunno why, blah blah blah"

anyway, that was the end of that.

I'm sure youre better at flirting than me though.

Wankers "

I actually appriciate the honesty and lack of bs

"Its not a big deal. Ill pay it. Thanks for explanation!

Do you think being charming might work if the inspector actually knocking the doors to check my tv licence?

I have no idea, I did get stung in the UK for it.

Licence guy knocked at the door, said tv inspector. I said didnt have a tv, he said "its right behind you I can see it", I said "thats not my tv mate, I only rent a room here no tv in my room".

There was a tv in my room.

Anyway I flirted with him but he wasnt having any of it, wanted me to pay or take me to court, so I told him id get my debit card knowing it wouldnt work in his UK payment system, and then played dumb "Id love to pay mate trying the card only arrived its not working dunno why, blah blah blah"

anyway, that was the end of that.

I'm sure youre better at flirting than me though."

I wont check if the flirting will work or not. Better to pay lol

Waterford

So why can't I set up a website that shows my own original content, and charge everyone who has a device that can access my website, regardless of whether they view it or not?

Isn't this what RTE are essentially doing?

"So why can't I set up a website that shows my own original content, and charge everyone who has a device that can access my website, regardless of whether they view it or not?

Isn't this what RTE are essentially doing?"

You are a private person. RTE is not a private tv so maybe this is the reason?

Waterford

"So why can't I set up a website that shows my own original content, and charge everyone who has a device that can access my website, regardless of whether they view it or not?

"

I suppose so

louth

Well you have to ask yourself who owns rte? The government does and they can enforce laws however crazy they are..rte is a sinking ship..the wage bill is insane..some of their presenters are on close to half a million a year so you know the tv licence fee pays their wages..wouldnt mind paying it if there was decent homegrown tv shows the likes of love hatel but no we have fair city thats about as good as it gets and i dont know anybody who watches the late late show anymore..it died alongside T-rex and the other dinosaurs

By *ockhard and SweetcheeksCouple  over a year ago

City

Got caught once years ago and paid it, then could be arsed paying for shite Rte puts on!! Don't watch it, haven't paid a tv licence in about 6 years since and they haven't sent any letters or no one Knocking either!! So I'll get away with it for as long as we can!!!!

By *en474Man  over a year ago

antrim

I have an old tv licence photo copied, and show them that, and say all I watch is repeats, lol lol

louth

"I have an old tv licence photo copied, and show them that, and say all I watch is repeats, lol lol "

Joke of the day

"I have an old tv licence photo copied, and show them that, and say all I watch is repeats, lol lol "

Hahaha

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

I very rearly watch rye. Vergin media is a far better station that's unless you want to watch repeats of the late late .fair city .dancing with the stars .the list goes on and on

.Does anyone know if vergin get any of the tv fees ...they have more films sport .soaps .etc .great station

Do I require a TV Licence even though I am unable to receive RTÉ and other Irish regulated broadcasts?

Yes. The position is that once you are in possession of a television set capable of receiving television broadcasts, you are required to have a Television Licence. Effectively, it is the set that is licensed, not the ability to receive television broadcasts.

Do I require a TV Licence for a computer which can access television-like services (e.g. the RTÉ Player or streaming services)?

No. So long as the computer is unable to display television channels distributed by conventional television broadcasting networks (i.e cable, satillite, IPTV, analogue terrestrial, digital terrestrial or MMDS) e.g. using a television tuner card or similar device, then there is no requirement to hold a Television Licence.

Do I require a TV Licence for each TV set I have in my home?

No. One TV Licence is required per household.

If a house is divided into different units, apartments, or flats, does each require a separate TV Licence?

Yes, each unit, flat or apartment with a TV set requires a TV Licence.

Do I require a TV Licence for a Holiday home?

Yes. Any premises with a television set must have an accompanying Television Licence.

Do I require a TV Licence even though I do not use my TV for watching broadcasts?

Yes. Once a television set is capable of displaying conventional television broadcasting services e.g. RTÉ One, TV3 and BBC One then the licensing requirement applies.

Some love freedom, others love licence.

By *oghunter33Woman 46 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

I found this and thought I'd recycle. Any opinions on the newest controversy.

By *ohng69Man 46 weeks ago

athenry

I'm waiting to see what else will be uncovered over the next few days and weeks

By *leasurer77Man 46 weeks ago

Athlone

Storm in a tea cup. Bug fuss made of everything these days unfortunately.

By *oghunter33Woman 46 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Storm in a tea cup. Bug fuss made of everything these days unfortunately."

I'd love an extra 75'000 in a tea cup.

By *ohng69Man 46 weeks ago

athenry

"Storm in a tea cup. Bug fuss made of everything these days unfortunately.

I'd love an extra 75'000 in a tea cup. "

345,000 that we know of

By *thloneros38Man 46 weeks ago

athlone/roscommon

I pay for a sky subscription plus netflexs so i shouldnt have to pay for rte when its included in my sky

By *ot neuteredMan 46 weeks ago

Kildare

Hopefully we never hear or see this rightous woke p*ick again, misery porn became the hallmark of the LLS with him at the helm, another product of nepotism in RTE

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Think you mean an only fans account

Wankers "

They don't need to tells us as it a legal requirement (of a bygone age) to have one for a premises that has a TV. After the latest scandal we all should refuse to pay it and let's see I'd the well send 100kplus people to jail. Years ago I have only just moved out (19) no TV service connection in the house, the TV only used for the PlayStation, inspector called as it was a new housing estate, told them I can't access rte as I have no TV service or Internet, so I won't be be getting one , now kinda fuck off my property your trespassing.

19months later and several letters later and a court date , told the judge I don't have a TV service connection or Internet so explain why I need a TV license, the response was its the law. Was told I had 3 months to sort it or I would be fined and possibly sent to prison. Never heard a thing again for the 10years o lived in the house.

By *ohn heaneyMan 46 weeks ago

kildare

They don't call it a TV licence anymore as people were saying they didn't have a TV. They call it a broad casting licence now. Either way it's a sham

By *og-ManMan 46 weeks ago

somewhere

Pay it once when you move to a house and you have it for life

Its the one tax I absolutely hate paying......its very rare I watch RTE but Id hate to get a fine or a court case

By *rish_GuyMan 46 weeks ago

Foxford

Hate paying meself. I don't have a TV connection or broadband connection. I do have a TV alright, with no how to watch it. I pay it to them away from me.

Knowing my luck I'd get the biggest fine & the longest term possible in jail for it. I listen to the radio or use my hotspot on the phone to use my laptop or tablet to lookup stuff or watch some programs on them.

Didn't try to change the name of it about 15 year's ago? When Pat Rabbit was a TD. Didn't he not try to change it to "The Entertainment Licence" or something like that, cause people were trying to get out of not paying it. As they didn't have a TV connection in the place. Would have a broadband connection, so they'd use the that, to watch TV.

By *alvin.Man 46 weeks ago

Cork/Dublin

"I found this and thought I'd recycle. Any opinions on the newest controversy. "

I refer to my profile when it comes to the afore mentioned TV thingymebob.

As for Tyan Rubidy. The national scandle is his lack of talent and empathy as a broadcaster. But sure he's a national treasure worth every penny

By *itemeagainMan 46 weeks ago

Wexford

Wankers "

Just don't pay it ... simples

Wexford

Wankers

It doesn't matter whether or not your tv can access rte content..the fact that you have tv means you need a tv licence..not fair I know

Not fair! Ok who wants this tv? "

Yes tv lisence is like a gun license.... however they also added the clause, where if you view Rte on anything other than tv you also need to pay lisence...

Total shitbGs

Wexford

"

Because of one simple difference. You don't have the government to legislate you unfair idea into law ...shitbags rte do

Wankers

Not fair! Ok who wants this tv?

Yes tv lisence is like a gun license.... however they also added the clause, where if you view Rte on anything other than tv you also need to pay lisence...

Total shitbGs"

Just don't answer the door to them, I live in an apartment and have been doing that since 2014, have never paid it since I moved in

Wexford

"Storm in a tea cup. Bug fuss made of everything these days unfortunately."

Corruption with tax payers money isn't a storm in a tea cup tbf

Wexford

"I pay for a sky subscription plus netflexs so i shouldnt have to pay for rte when its included in my sky"

Noone pays for rte as such... you pay for the right to own a TV in you residence... I know ... its so stupid its hard to believe

» Add a new message to this topic