FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > I’ll miss her forever

I’ll miss her forever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onygirl19 OP   Woman  over a year ago

co dublin

I had to make the most heartbreaking decision of my life last month and get my nearly 15 year old Labrador Lala put to sleep . I can’t describe how devastated we are . I’m absolutely lost without her , and I’m finding it really really difficult to get over her death . She was my best friend , and was with me through thick and thin when I had no one else by my side , I had my dog. I miss her , my daughter is in bits , even the cats miss her . Anyone else had to make the most awful ( but also the most loving) decision to let their beloved pet go , and how did you cope ? Not a day goes by that I don’t cry at least once for my baby , there is a Lala shaped hole in my heart and soul

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hortbutsweet84Man  over a year ago

limerick

Sorry too hear , can only imagine your pain , never lost a dog yet my girl is 7 and can’t imagine the day she is gone, to say she’s a best friend is a understatement !!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Big hugs lady!! I lost my girl to canine lymphoma almost a year ago and miss her every day. They become part of the family and the grief is just as much as losing any other family member xx

By *usketeerMan  over a year ago

Cork

Dogs become part of the family, they are family, so it is devastating when they pass away.

She will be in the heaven of dogs remembering what a happy life she had with you.

I am very sorry for your loss.

co dublin

"Sorry too hear , can only imagine your pain , never lost a dog yet my girl is 7 and can’t imagine the day she is gone, to say she’s a best friend is a understatement !!"
that’s the worst this about having a pet , once she got to 9/10 I knew I’d only have another few years with her . I absolutely loved her more than I could ever express . Thank you so much for your message xx

co dublin

"Big hugs lady!! I lost my girl to canine lymphoma almost a year ago and miss her every day. They become part of the family and the grief is just as much as losing any other family member xx"
Thank you so much for the virtual hug , and I’m so sorry for your sad loss as well . Sending love your way xx

co dublin

"Dogs become part of the family, they are family, so it is devastating when they pass away.

She will be in the heaven of dogs remembering what a happy life she had with you.

I am very sorry for your loss.

"

Thank you, that’s really comforting to think of her over rainbow bridge , hopefully running and playing with her friends . xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Awk I'm sorry, OP, my heart sank reading that! I'm a huge softie when it comes to dogs

Pets aren't just like a member of the family, they are a member of the family and the pain of losing one is no lesser.

The simplest of things like taking pictures of your pet can be the most cherished thing you can do. As well as any act of remembrance, big or small; personally, I've volunteered at a local shelter for the better part of a year in part to being unable to home a dog since I was a child and not wanting any to go wanting.

Even planting a flower in your garden as a means to remember them may seem small but can help raise a smile in tough times when you look out at it because it's important that we do remember them. So, please, don't be afraid to cry as much as you need.

Ultimately, the biggest and hardest thing to do is to go on with your life while remembering them in your own way. After all, she sought and gained happiness through your own happiness.

By *hicotime123Man  over a year ago

dublin

Sorry to hear about your dog

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Sorry to hear that but 15yrs is 105yrs in dog years so she lived for a long time. A very long time with many happy times. You were lucky to have her so long, so be happy that she gave you so much, for so long and that you had a loving companion for such a long time.

Sweet memories

I hear your pain op. Just lost my dog of fifteen years. Never thought I would feel so sad.

By *amrod400Man  over a year ago

belfast

Feel your pain .... lost my boxer 9 months ago , still think of him!!!!...have now got his great great nephew as part of our family... new pup has made it easier but il never forget

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

We had a lab for 12 years, we got him from a rescue shelter so he was 15 also when we had to make a decision about letting him go.

It was like losing a child. Since that I have promised I'll never get a dog again as I couldn't go through it all again.

By *rossflow daveMan  over a year ago

Mullingar

You made the right decision even though it was the hardest one, I hope you can take some comfort in knowing your dog had a long and happy life and never wanted for any thing !

Hugs xxxx hope your ok

I had to make the very same decision myself last year had my dog 16 years. It was a real Marley and me moment, i was in tormoil trying to make the decision. One I did I was so glad that i was able to be by her side and give her a good send off. At least I did not find her in the bed or garden passed. It gets easier, perhaps maybe think of getting another dog if your circumstance allow in good time. I had another dog aswell so it was not to bad but i still missed the loud mouth yorkie, she had such great personality. I wish you all the best, time is a healer xox.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Get another 1 dogs are 10 a penny..the shelters are full of them for free x

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Sorry to hear this OP ,we have gone through this aswell and it's heartbreaking ,it will get easier tho and as much as we didn't think we could take on another dog we did a few months later .As the guy above says the shelters are full so if you can eventually give your love to another dog please consider re homing a rescue dog .Big hugs xx

co dublin

"I hear your pain op. Just lost my dog of fifteen years. Never thought I would feel so sad. "

So sorry for your sad loss, it’s so bloody painful . It’s literally like in times in my life when I had no one or nothing my dog seemed like my only friend , who was my friend no matter what. That total unconditional love you rarely get from humans , but dogs give it in abundance. I’ll never forget her .

co dublin

"Feel your pain .... lost my boxer 9 months ago , still think of him!!!!...have now got his great great nephew as part of our family... new pup has made it easier but il never forget "

Aww good luck with the new puppy xx

co dublin

"We had a lab for 12 years, we got him from a rescue shelter so he was 15 also when we had to make a decision about letting him go.

It was like losing a child. Since that I have promised I'll never get a dog again as I couldn't go through it all again."

Would you think if rescuing a needy dog? I’m planning to do that in time , but unfortunately at the moment my landlord is saying no more animals .

It’s so easy to get over attached to pets like this and when something happens to them it can be very difficult, time will help OP

co dublin

"I had to make the very same decision myself last year had my dog 16 years. It was a real Marley and me moment, i was in tormoil trying to make the decision. One I did I was so glad that i was able to be by her side and give her a good send off. At least I did not find her in the bed or garden passed. It gets easier, perhaps maybe think of getting another dog if your circumstance allow in good time. I had another dog aswell so it was not to bad but i still missed the loud mouth yorkie, she had such great personality. I wish you all the best, time is a healer xox. "

Same , I held her in my arms comforting her and telling her how much we loved her ( my daughter couldn’t bare to be in the room, but had been with her right up until she was sedated) she was sedated and comfortable as she passed , a beautiful but heartbreaking moment

co dublin

"Get another 1 dogs are 10 a penny..the shelters are full of them for free x"

I’ve been in touch with a few rescues, unfortunately now my landlord is saying no to another dog , I’ll probably be able to talk him round but for now I can’t get another xx

co dublin

"Sorry to hear this OP ,we have gone through this aswell and it's heartbreaking ,it will get easier tho and as much as we didn't think we could take on another dog we did a few months later .As the guy above says the shelters are full so if you can eventually give your love to another dog please consider re homing a rescue dog .Big hugs xx"

That’s definitely the way I’d go , rescue all the way ! Thank you and sorry for your loss also xx

"I had to make the very same decision myself last year had my dog 16 years. It was a real Marley and me moment, i was in tormoil trying to make the decision. One I did I was so glad that i was able to be by her side and give her a good send off. At least I did not find her in the bed or garden passed. It gets easier, perhaps maybe think of getting another dog if your circumstance allow in good time. I had another dog aswell so it was not to bad but i still missed the loud mouth yorkie, she had such great personality. I wish you all the best, time is a healer xox.

Same , I held her in my arms comforting her and telling her how much we loved her ( my daughter couldn’t bare to be in the room, but had been with her right up until she was sedated) she was sedated and comfortable as she passed , a beautiful but heartbreaking moment "

It is very heartbreaking I was bawling and in bits after it, but also had a sense of relief. What I mean by that is she was no longer suffering. It would have be cruel to keep her alive, she had a great life and only died of old age. It was actually a very proud moment also as an owner i managed to keep her in good health for 16 years her life span was 17. So take the positive in your situation also you did the right thing. Its such a pity yoyr not allowed no more animals. Would you not volunteer to walk dogs maybe or something like that where you can interact with dogs.

By *adeiteWoman  over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

They really are humans best friend. I like to think that their lives are shorter than ours because they already know how to love and they're here to teach us how to love and be kind. They really do change our lives. Best friends who do not judge and are always there for cuddles and nose boops to cheer us up.

Just think of all the fun they're having with the other doggies that have passed over the rainbow bridge. I imagine they're all in a gigantic field. Toys and treats galore, bounding around together. No bed time. No need to stop their walkies. Makes my heart happy knowing my old doggies are together having a wonderful time, maybe even sharing stories of their owners together. And of course, maybe chasing the odd kitty hahah

Chin up sweet, things will get easier, and you gave that doggy the best home they could have wished for.

co dublin

"They really are humans best friend. I like to think that their lives are shorter than ours because they already know how to love and they're here to teach us how to love and be kind. They really do change our lives. Best friends who do not judge and are always there for cuddles and nose boops to cheer us up.

Just think of all the fun they're having with the other doggies that have passed over the rainbow bridge. I imagine they're all in a gigantic field. Toys and treats galore, bounding around together. No bed time. No need to stop their walkies. Makes my heart happy knowing my old doggies are together having a wonderful time, maybe even sharing stories of their owners together. And of course, maybe chasing the odd kitty hahah

Chin up sweet, things will get easier, and you gave that doggy the best home they could have wished for. "

In floods reading this

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

Sorry to hear that, been there done that, time is the healer. I ended up getting another dog at a later stage.

I like yourself lost a very dear companion myself, a golden retriever whom i accidentally ended up owning while living in a flat, lets just say we found each other, he was about 4 years old, and we were inseparable, he ended up getting cancer in his throat, and he had good days and some bad, on this particular day he wasn't able to move, i lifted him into back of my van and went to vet, when i pulled he hoped out of the van like a spring chicken, anyhow went into the vet first thing he said was, "your back with your mate" this must of being the tenth time back and forth to him, i told him he couldn't walk to the van and how he hoped out no bother, he said with the disease it will only get worse, i asked his option and was dreading the answer, we put him to sleep there and them, i held him till he stopped breathing and it was one of the hardest things i ever done, tears were rolling down my face, i ran out and it took a good long time to get over him, when i say he was my mate, he was that and more, i had him about 10 years and several moves, i miss him terrible and understand exactly what your going through, just remember the good times yes had together

Just remember that some dogs have an absolute shit life. Are never loved or cared for.

You gave you dog a lifetime of love and happyness. You should be glad they were able to have such a privilaged life because of ypur families love

So sorry to hear this. We lost our lab almost ten years ago and I still miss her Can't beat a dog for love and affection

By *iver80Man  over a year ago

south side ,

Sorry to hear that ,my two digs are buried out my back

co dublin

"I like yourself lost a very dear companion myself, a golden retriever whom i accidentally ended up owning while living in a flat, lets just say we found each other, he was about 4 years old, and we were inseparable, he ended up getting cancer in his throat, and he had good days and some bad, on this particular day he wasn't able to move, i lifted him into back of my van and went to vet, when i pulled he hoped out of the van like a spring chicken, anyhow went into the vet first thing he said was, "your back with your mate" this must of being the tenth time back and forth to him, i told him he couldn't walk to the van and how he hoped out no bother, he said with the disease it will only get worse, i asked his option and was dreading the answer, we put him to sleep there and them, i held him till he stopped breathing and it was one of the hardest things i ever done, tears were rolling down my face, i ran out and it took a good long time to get over him, when i say he was my mate, he was that and more, i had him about 10 years and several moves, i miss him terrible and understand exactly what your going through, just remember the good times yes had together "

I did the same , I held her and told her how much I loved her until she passed away in my arms . It does give me comfort to know that she knew she was loved. Thank you so much for your understanding and kind words xx

co dublin

"Just remember that some dogs have an absolute shit life. Are never loved or cared for.

You gave you dog a lifetime of love and happyness. You should be glad they were able to have such a privilaged life because of ypur families love "

This is also true , and yes she was loved and cared for extremely well in her life . Thank you for your kind words xx

By *lue TopazWoman  over a year ago

dublin

We had to have our golden retreiver put down on the morning we were going on holiday. She had been poisoned and suffered from kidney failure. We couldnt afford dialysis as we didnt have pet insurance.

By *aughtyTippcplCouple  over a year ago

Nearby

OP I'm so sad to read this post

I'm heartfelt sorry for your loss. I have my fur baby for the last 9 years, he's been with us since he was 3 months old. My kids have grown up with him. It's so true, they become such a massive part of the family. He's a big dog but he's an absolute teddy bear, so gentle and playful.

My heart goes out to you and your daughter.

Tina

By *obroyman17Man  over a year ago

"Just remember that some dogs have an absolute shit life. Are never loved or cared for.

You gave you dog a lifetime of love and happyness. You should be glad they were able to have such a privilaged life because of ypur families love "

Totally agree x

By *obroyman17Man  over a year ago

Can’t DM you OP but hugs and love to you xxxxx

co dublin

Thank you all so much for all your warm and kind words and for all the private messages , I’m really touched . Getting her ashes back this week , that’s going to be another tough one . Again thanks for sharing your stories and sending love , I really felt it xxx Pony aka Gráinne

By *r_mrs_studmuffinCouple  over a year ago

narnia

So very sorry for your loss pg I'm crying for you I'm such a big baby when it comes to dogs I've 2 here like children and dread the day I've too go through this too im sure your one is flying high no more suffering xxx

Sending love to you and your poor daughter. A dog is just a pet to some but to many they are family. My dogs are a huge part of my life. My favourite greeting after work don't get as much joy seeing people . I had to put my boxer dog Coco down after a battle with heart disease. Watching her deteriorate despite all interventions was so hard. Putting her to sleep was drained my soul. I sympathise wholeheartedly with you xxx

Op I’m so so sorry for your loss.

Reading all these stories have brought a tear to my eye.

We lost our Penny a year ago - she was 14yrs and such a big part of the family.

She was the one that met me after work and knew when I had a bad day.

She would have nuzzled me and cheered me right up.

We shall never forget her and shall always be in our hearts.

Thank you for sharing op - sending big squishy hugs darling.

Psyche

» Add a new message to this topic