FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Unread messages

Unread messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was just wondering I know women get flooded with messages on here but how long do you leave an unread message before deleting it I have one or 2 that's sitting there 3 weeks any thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iffaWoman  over a year ago

wherever

Go to your sent items. Delete the messages from there. Forget about them. The end

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Nobodys replying 3 weeks later. It doesnt matter if its left sitting unread, it just means its never going to get read.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just concentrate on the messages in my inbox

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

A few Weeks maybe

Very hard to catch up with them at times so mass delete is inevitable.

I do try to reply to as many as Possible though there's. Only so many "hey what's up?"essages you can reply to before losing the plot

"Was just wondering I know women get flooded with messages on here but how long do you leave an unread message before deleting it I have one or 2 that's sitting there 3 weeks any thoughts "

...as in you've sent messages to ladies and you can see she hasn't read them ...and you think you should delete them yourself ..is that what you're asking ?...well personally l think if they're there that long in her Message box she'll never read them now simply because she's getting hundreds more every day/ week ..so l don't think it's gonna matter either way if you delete them or not because the bottom line is she's not gonna read them if she's constantly getting more new ones everyday but l also wouldn't let it get into my head why she hasn't replied..the majority of ladies here open their mail to a complete yellow wall every day ..my tuppence worth...

"A few Weeks maybe

I do try to reply to as many as Possible though there's. Only so many "hey what's up?"essages you can reply to before losing the plot "

...I'd believe that last sentence ..must be unreal for ladies ...

By *hy_bangor_bi-girlWoman  over a year ago

Bangor

"A few Weeks maybe

I do try to reply to as many as Possible though there's. Only so many "hey what's up?"essages you can reply to before losing the plot

...I'd believe that last sentence ..must be unreal for ladies ..."

Yes it's unreal at times, and some of them are so unrealistic ie a guy from mainland wanting to visit our a couple from Norwich asking me am I ever in their neck of the woods..

not getting a message is a message ... move on

If the message has been unread for a few weeks it probably means that she is getting 100's of messages a day and yours got lost in them.

My advice would be to resend it every two weeks (if you really fancy her) but if she reads it and does not reply then its time to move on. Plenty of fabbers in the sea!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

"Was just wondering I know women get flooded with messages on here but how long do you leave an unread message before deleting it I have one or 2 that's sitting there 3 weeks any thoughts "

Has the person been online in that time? If they have... Forget about it. After that long you haven't a hope. If not, well......

your imagination

"If the message has been unread for a few weeks it probably means that she is getting 100's of messages a day and yours got lost in them.

My advice would be to resend it every two weeks (if you really fancy her) but if she reads it and does not reply then its time to move on. Plenty of fabbers in the sea! "

If you only knew the amount of guys I've blocked completely for resending messages...!

"If the message has been unread for a few weeks it probably means that she is getting 100's of messages a day and yours got lost in them.

My advice would be to resend it every two weeks (if you really fancy her) but if she reads it and does not reply then its time to move on. Plenty of fabbers in the sea!

If you only knew the amount of guys I've blocked completely for resending messages...! "

your imagination

If you only knew the amount of guys I've blocked completely for resending messages...!

"

Think about it.... You don't reply to someone (according to Fab faqs no reply = not interested) but he or they keep sending messages every week/couple of weeks... And if you use the new mailbox, each time you open the message, you can see allllllll the previous unanswered messages from him/them listed underneath the latest one. Very often it's exactly the same copy/paste or generic 'hey there' message. You may even be able to see where you did reply at one point to say you weren't interested, but he/they keep messaging regardless..... Wouldn't you block them too at that point?

Think about it.... You don't reply to someone (according to Fab faqs no reply = not interested) but he or they keep sending messages every week/couple of weeks... And if you use the new mailbox, each time you open the message, you can see allllllll the previous unanswered messages from him/them listed underneath the latest one. Very often it's exactly the same copy/paste or generic 'hey there' message. You may even be able to see where you did reply at one point to say you weren't interested, but he/they keep messaging regardless..... Wouldn't you block them too at that point? "

I was talking about an example where your message has never been read. If she reads it and doesn't reply then it is time to move on

your imagination

Your mailbox shows you the first 10-12 words of each message.... If someone sends you 'hey there xx' or 'you look sexy x' you don't have to actually open the message to read it. You've read it. In a likelihood guys, this is why you think your messages aren't being read... Because they were so short and generic that the lady in question didn't need to open it to read it. Look at your own mailboxes. How many full messages can you read just from the listed mail without opening them?

If they have been online for a few hours and not been read then I delete from my sent items and forget about it. Although I did get a reply from a message just there I sent a while ago so sometimes these “lost” messages do sometimes get read and replied to

Think about it.... You don't reply to someone (according to Fab faqs no reply = not interested) but he or they keep sending messages every week/couple of weeks... And if you use the new mailbox, each time you open the message, you can see allllllll the previous unanswered messages from him/them listed underneath the latest one. Very often it's exactly the same copy/paste or generic 'hey there' message. You may even be able to see where you did reply at one point to say you weren't interested, but he/they keep messaging regardless..... Wouldn't you block them too at that point? "

Completely agree with this! Once I found out that you get a warning if you've messaged someone and not gotten a reply, I started blocking way more people. Especially if it's just the same "Hey what's up" over and over

Isserley

Think about it.... You don't reply to someone (according to Fab faqs no reply = not interested) but he or they keep sending messages every week/couple of weeks... And if you use the new mailbox, each time you open the message, you can see allllllll the previous unanswered messages from him/them listed underneath the latest one. Very often it's exactly the same copy/paste or generic 'hey there' message. You may even be able to see where you did reply at one point to say you weren't interested, but he/they keep messaging regardless..... Wouldn't you block them too at that point?

Completely agree with this! Once I found out that you get a warning if you've messaged someone and not gotten a reply, I started blocking way more people. Especially if it's just the same "Hey what's up" over and over

Isserley"

...it's like anything in life ...the bucket eventually fills up and you gotta say enough is enough..

"Go to your sent items. Delete the messages from there. Forget about them. The end "

I have had people reply after a few days. But as Tiffa said, delete your sent mail after an hour or two and forget about it. If they get back with a reply then great but no point in thinking about it. I like to send a mail when that profile is 'online'....better chance they will see it. If they are offline when sending....when they log back on they can have a sea of unread emails stacked up and I think your email can get lost. I am sure it is very difficult to be met with loads of unread emails. They cannot be all read so I understand the bulk delete. So single lads, that is why it is important to stand out.

-decent email subject

-attached picture

-green tick verified

-decent profile avatar picture

-decent profile picture

-decent profile headline, text, interests

I realise I said decent alot

Just forget about it , if they deleted , or didn't reply , its simple not interested , move on and don't take it personally

"Go to your sent items. Delete the messages from there. Forget about them. The end

I have had people reply after a few days. But as Tiffa said, delete your sent mail after an hour or two and forget about it. If they get back with a reply then great but no point in thinking about it. I like to send a mail when that profile is 'online'....better chance they will see it. If they are offline when sending....when they log back on they can have a sea of unread emails stacked up and I think your email can get lost. I am sure it is very difficult to be met with loads of unread emails. They cannot be all read so I understand the bulk delete. So single lads, that is why it is important to stand out.

-decent email subject

-attached picture

-green tick verified

-decent profile avatar picture

-decent profile picture

-decent profile headline, text, interests

I realise I said decent alot

"

...that's a decent reply..

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you to all very helpfully happy fabbing

Peace

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

They delete themselves after 4 weeks anyway.

"Go to your sent items. Delete the messages from there. Forget about them. The end "

This

Does this not suggest he's no longer interested and moved on, much like when a woman deletes and moves on?

I give 3 days, no reply shows no interest as per fab rules so just delete and block. Saves wasting each others time if forgotten you once messaged and they weren't interested.

I delete them all at the same time I send them.

I recommend you resend it and at the bottom of the message just add in “WB xxx”.

It’s fairly common with fab that there can be a glitch in the system and it’s in your sent box as unread but it never actually reaches the intended target.

"Was just wondering I know women get flooded with messages on here but how long do you leave an unread message before deleting it I have one or 2 that's sitting there 3 weeks any thoughts

I recommend you resend it and at the bottom of the message just add in “WB xxx”.

It’s fairly common with fab that there can be a glitch in the system and it’s in your sent box as unread but it never actually reaches the intended target."

Fairly common? I’m calling bollocks on that one. I have never known that to happen to anyone.

your imagination

"Was just wondering I know women get flooded with messages on here but how long do you leave an unread message before deleting it I have one or 2 that's sitting there 3 weeks any thoughts

It’s fairly common with fab that there can be a glitch in the system and it’s in your sent box as unread but it never actually reaches the intended target.

Fairly common? I’m calling bollocks on that one. I have never known that to happen to anyone. "

Shush now Bond... You'll be telling folk there's no Santa Claus next. Let folk have their little dreams

Fairly common? I’m calling bollocks on that one. I have never known that to happen to anyone.

Shush now Bond... You'll be telling folk there's no Santa Claus next. Let folk have their little dreams "

;-)

It’s fairly common with fab that there can be a glitch in the system and it’s in your sent box as unread but it never actually reaches the intended target."

we have been on and off fab as singles and couples for over six years and that's the first time i have ever heard of that. think a few profiles have been pulling your leg

» Add a new message to this topic