FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > In real life

In real life

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You often hear on here that “in real life” some people on fab wouldn’t get a second look. This comment is generally aimed at women and the rationale is that because of the number of women versus the number of men on here, men are willing to “lower” their standards. It also seems to be implied that because of this imbalance women suddenly turn into prima donnas.

We have been very lucky I think in that we have mostly only had positive interactions with folks on here, be that men, women or couples, but equally we take a lot of what is said to us with a pinch of salt and tend not to take umbrage too easily!

What are your views?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

"You often hear on here that “in real life” some people on fab wouldn’t get a second look. This comment is generally aimed at women and the rationale is that because of the number of women versus the number of men on here, men are willing to “lower” their standards. It also seems to be implied that because of this imbalance women suddenly turn into prima donnas.

We have been very lucky I think in that we have mostly only had positive interactions with folks on here, be that men, women or couples, but equally we take a lot of what is said to us with a pinch of salt and tend not to take umbrage too easily!

What are your views?"

-------------------------------

Tbh the guys who constantly whinge about "the ratio of women to men" : being unfair are the same men who are too bloody lazy or self-defeatist in attitude to get meets. These are more-or-less the same fellas who go to a night club, drink their assses off to get dutch courage and end up standing in the same spot all night wondering why they're not meeting women

If any man here can pen a half decent profile, put up a few cheeky pics and is able to converse with women or couples beyond "Fancy a f@ck?" ...he should be able to get a coffee meet at the very least...

Ratios aside, it's easier here for a man to meet a woman with a lower chance of "rejection" than in any night club in front of all his mates so myself I wouldn't look into standards being dropped in any way as there's loads of sexy singletons & cozy couples around these parts

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"You often hear on here that “in real life” some people on fab wouldn’t get a second look. This comment is generally aimed at women and the rationale is that because of the number of women versus the number of men on here, men are willing to “lower” their standards. It also seems to be implied that because of this imbalance women suddenly turn into prima donnas.

What are your views?"

Agree completely - 99% of the folk we’ve interacted with on Fab have been sound as a pound. Respectful, honest and trustworthy. We’ve met wonderful people here.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tell us of this "Real Life" you speak of

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

What are your views?"

At this moment my view is that u have a lovely bottom

i think it's more of a retort form the folks whose egos are hurt when they can't get the ride from what they see as dial a ride

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"

At this moment my view is that u have a lovely bottom "

Thank you but maybe it isn’t by real life standards!!

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Honestly, I think some will meet and play with people they wouldn't even acknowledge in 'real life'. Not everyone, but some will. Just as some would pick up someone in a bar or club while dr*nk that they wouldn't usually go for. It applies to both men and women, but we more commonly see it with men (perhaps simply because there are more men here!). Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the person they've met (others may find them irresistible!), it's more of a reflection on their own character and moral compass, or lack of it, that they've compromised their own impeccable standards.

"

Thank you but maybe it isn’t by real life standards!!"

Beg to differ

Been very lucky to meet great people over the years ...but also some that were not that great

so its life real life you meet all sorts .....

"Honestly, I think some will meet and play with people they wouldn't even acknowledge in 'real life'. Not everyone, but some will. Just as some would pick up someone in a bar or club while dr*nk that they wouldn't usually go for. It applies to both men and women, but we more commonly see it with men (perhaps simply because there are more men here!). Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the person they've met (others may find them irresistible!), it's more of a reflection on their own character and moral compass, or lack of it, that they've compromised their own impeccable standards. "

"i think it's more of a retort form the folks whose egos are hurt when they can't get the ride from what they see as dial a ride"

That's my thinking on it too

limerick

"

Thank you but maybe it isn’t by real life standards!!

Beg to differ "

Mmmm two lovely bottoms

limerick

"i think it's more of a retort form the folks whose egos are hurt when they can't get the ride from what they see as dial a ride

That's my thinking on it too "

Jayus drowning in lovelh bottoms here

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

1) ratio diff is huge. Common knowledge

2) does it make it alot more difficult for men? Of course it does, especially if you're extremely fussy.

3) do alot of men need to up their game ? Yes most certainly

4) is no strings sex in general, attitude wise different for men and women? Imo yes, women need alot more before she'll jump into bed with you

5) do I think some men get bored on here and frustrated? Yep. Alot of the time if you're actively looking it can be an extremely slow process with very little progress.

6) overall? I personally don't get why anybody with an active outgoing life would need to use fab for their main outlet of fun. I don't just mean pubs, I mean any social outlets where u can mingle. I'd also wonder when people sign up here are they out and out swingers or just here for no strings fun. There is also alot of messers here with no interest whatsoever in meeting.

"1) ratio diff is huge. Common knowledge

2) does it make it alot more difficult for men? Of course it does, especially if you're extremely fussy.

4) is no strings sex in general, attitude wise different for men and women? Imo yes, women need alot more before she'll jump into bed with you

5) do I think some men get bored on here and frustrated? Yep. Alot of the time if you're actively looking it can be an extremely slow process with very little progress.

6) overall? I personally don't get why anybody with an active outgoing life would need to use fab for their main outlet of fun. I don't just mean pubs, I mean any social outlets where u can mingle. I'd also wonder when people sign up here are they out and out swingers or just here for no strings fun. There is also alot of messers here with no interest whatsoever in meeting. "

Well, maybe it's easy on fab than social meet and mingle in real life?

It's not my own experience, just observation.

I don't have any issues to meet people from real world but didn't find yet the right one to be my FwB (incl sex), so fabworld is actually okay to me. I found what I was looking for and I'm happy

Fab is it's own world and many people have a Fab persona, a part of them that will never or rarely be seen in the so called real/ Vanilla world.

Fab is not necessarily the place for friendships or long term relationships, for most it is NSA fun, 1 or 2 playdates with a profile and then move on.

however when looking to meet someone the profile is their calling card, if you can perceive little of interest in the profile, then chances are you will not be looking to meet.

the photos are the cover but you really cant judge the Fab book by the cover.

on Fab it's not about dropping standards but about finding shared interests ... and that may be where you least expect.

What are your views?"

.....would you not also think that any ladies here would have met guys from here that in " real life " wouldn't have got a second look because they'd have seen them in " real life " other than just photos or is there any ladies here that even though they hold all the aces as regards meeting men ( as in its their choice )...have met guys and regretted they met them...and only realised then that if they would have seen them in " real life " wouldn't have gave them a second look...as in ,the photos did not resemble the guy ..has that happened any lady here ??

Personally I put the same effort and standards into meeting people here on fab or outside fab.

Who I meet or play with dosent change only difference being fab isn't a dating site.

But have chatted to several lads in the past here that met ladies and had playmeets .they received their glowing verts and then gone on to tell me that they dropped their standards when they played and fucked them ladies.unusally enough the ladies verts were kept up even though the sex was just ok and they let their standards drop.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Personally I put the same effort and standards into meeting people here on fab or outside fab.

Who I meet or play with dosent change only difference being fab isn't a dating site.

But have chatted to several lads in the past here that met ladies and had playmeets .they received their glowing verts and then gone on to tell me that they dropped their standards when they played and fucked them ladies.unusally enough the ladies verts were kept up even though the sex was just ok and they let their standards drop."

Dropping standards and quality of sex aren't really or necessarily the same thing. You normally drop your standards when you choose to meet someone you normally wouldn't based on looks, personality, intelligence, interests etc. At that stage you have no idea what the sex is going to be like. You might be surprised when you meet with the best sex you've experienced in a while.

To say you dropped standards because sex wasn't good is dropping standards in hindsight. So were exactly did it all go wrong?

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

And to answer the op's question, yes there's a lot of that going, not everyone, but just being realistic it's quite present including the prima donna.

Doesn't mean that those meets are necessarily a bad sexual match if both have a good time.

"Personally I put the same effort and standards into meeting people here on fab or outside fab.

But have chatted to several lads in the past here that met ladies and had playmeets .they received their glowing verts and then gone on to tell me that they dropped their standards when they played and fucked them ladies.unusally enough the ladies verts were kept up even though the sex was just ok and they let their standards drop.

Dropping standards and quality of sex aren't really or necessarily the same thing. You normally drop your standards when you choose to meet someone you normally wouldn't based on looks, personality, intelligence, interests etc. At that stage you have no idea what the sex is going to be like. You might be surprised when you meet with the best sex you've experienced in a while.

To say you dropped standards because sex wasn't good is dropping standards in hindsight. So were exactly did it all go wrong?

"

Probally a question for the people that use the phrase they have dropped standards

Maybe different expectations of a meet or unclear communications who knows

By *oreThanOnceMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Life in general and Fab in particular, thought me not to judge a person or a couple by age/looks/size.

Instead I am looking for chemistry, hygiene, safe sex and last but not least, interest in SM play, as I like a bit of spice when sex or sexual play is involved.

So far, I was lucky enough to meet decent people, very straight forward to deal with.

It wasn't an easy journey so far, but I've learnt a lot about myself and my sexuality.

A lot of people on here are looking for a boyfriend!/girlfriend and even love or a partner to share their normal life outside of Fab too, that might start to love them in time.

Life is a string of compromises, some small and some a lot more significant, but ultimately is the sum of things that makes a relationship of any kind.

I am not sure myself how much I've "dropped standards", or how much others dropped theirs and accepted to meet me.

The verification system and the forum, makes Fab kind of unique and straight forward in finding a partner for an intimate relationship, compared to other dating apps.

By *oseredWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Life in general and Fab in particular, thought me not to judge a person or a couple by age/looks/size.

Instead I am looking for chemistry, hygiene, safe sex and last but not least, interest in SM play, as I like a bit of spice when sex or sexual play is involved.

So far, I was lucky enough to meet decent people, very straight forward to deal with.

It wasn't an easy journey so far, but I've learnt a lot about myself and my sexuality.

A lot of people on here are looking for a boyfriend!/girlfriend and even love or a partner to share their normal life outside of Fab too, that might start to love them in time.

Life is a string of compromises, some small and some a lot more significant, but ultimately is the sum of things that makes a relationship of any kind.

I am not sure myself how much I've "dropped standards", or how much others dropped theirs and accepted to meet me.

The verification system and the forum, makes Fab kind of unique and straight forward in finding a partner for an intimate relationship, compared to other dating apps.

"

Well said my friend, something for everyone. I wouldn't drop my standards here or anywhere else. Chemistry is not based on looks or physique alone and sometimes not at all. The main thing is to have respect for people and have fun.

I was always a prima donna

By *oseredWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I was always a prima donna "

Brilliant!!!!!

Tipperary

6) overall? I personally don't get why anybody with an active outgoing life would need to use fab for their main outlet of fun. I don't just mean pubs, I mean any social outlets where u can mingle. I'd also wonder when people sign up here are they out and out swingers or just here for no strings fun. There is also alot of messers here with no interest whatsoever in meeting.

I don't have any issues to meet people from real world but didn't find yet the right one to be my FwB (incl sex), so fabworld is actually okay to me. I found what I was looking for and I'm happy "

I'd find mingling in real life and getting rewards alot easier then fab. Maybe it's because your meeting face to face straight away and not trying to judge or second guess a person through a profile on a screen. Profile wording or lack of wouldn't put me off a person on here. Lack of attraction to pics would. If I wasn't 100 % sure on someone, would I give them a chance? Of course I would.

I don't have any issues to meet people from real world but didn't find yet the right one to be my FwB (incl sex), so fabworld is actually okay to me. I found what I was looking for and I'm happy I'd find mingling in real life and getting rewards alot easier then fab. Maybe it's because your meeting face to face straight away and not trying to judge or second guess a person through a profile on a screen. Profile wording or lack of wouldn't put me off a person on here. Lack of attraction to pics would. If I wasn't 100 % sure on someone, would I give them a chance? Of course I would. "

....am absolutely stone useless in chatting up ladies in real life...just wayyyyyyyyyy too shy and don't have the confidence but here l can relax more and be myself a lot easier and if fortunate enough to get chatting to a lady and keep her attention and interest and get to meet ..l know going to meet her that l won't be all nerves...so l suppose for me ,here offers me more confidence...

I don't have any issues to meet people from real world but didn't find yet the right one to be my FwB (incl sex), so fabworld is actually okay to me. I found what I was looking for and I'm happy I'd find mingling in real life and getting rewards alot easier then fab. Maybe it's because your meeting face to face straight away and not trying to judge or second guess a person through a profile on a screen. Profile wording or lack of wouldn't put me off a person on here. Lack of attraction to pics would. If I wasn't 100 % sure on someone, would I give them a chance? Of course I would. "

William, for you it's easy at any point and enjoy every second us given to you

Remember, that there are some shy people, including myself, where they need more time.

Tipperary

I don't have any issues to meet people from real world but didn't find yet the right one to be my FwB (incl sex), so fabworld is actually okay to me. I found what I was looking for and I'm happy I'd find mingling in real life and getting rewards alot easier then fab. Maybe it's because your meeting face to face straight away and not trying to judge or second guess a person through a profile on a screen. Profile wording or lack of wouldn't put me off a person on here. Lack of attraction to pics would. If I wasn't 100 % sure on someone, would I give them a chance? Of course I would.

William, for you it's easy at any point and enjoy every second us given to you

Remember, that there are some shy people, including myself, where they need more time.

"

it's nothing to do with shyness in my book, it's knowing straight off if there is an attraction. A woman ain't trying to scan your profile and words on a screen when you're face to face. I have even seen women say in the past on here that they got on like a house on fire with lads at meet and greets, same lads they wouldn't chat to on fab through a screen. That proves my point. I remember asking one woman why she didn't chat to the lad on here. She said his profile didn't interest me but yet he did interest her face to face. It's just I think we can over react to lack of profile content at times. Pictures for me are the very important thing.

Dontbesilly, totally agree with you

"it's nothing to do with shyness in my book, it's knowing straight off if there is an attraction. A woman ain't trying to scan your profile and words on a screen when you're face to face. I have even seen women say in the past on here that they got on like a house on fire with lads at meet and greets, same lads they wouldn't chat to on fab through a screen. That proves my point. I remember asking one woman why she didn't chat to the lad on here. She said his profile didn't interest me but yet he did interest her face to face. It's just I think we can over react to lack of profile content at times. Pictures for me are the very important thing."

a neet in person is wirth a 1000 words & no personality lost in the reading or writing

» Add a new message to this topic