FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fake profiles

Fake profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *auljuliet OP   Couple  over a year ago

south sligo

There are so many fake profiles on fab, these can be both dangerous and at best annoying . example , we traveled 2 1/2 hours to a address only to find the profile was completely fake. What kicks do these people get?? When a profile is found to be fake ,Genuinely fake then there should be away of warning others. Can Admin please help?? if enough genuine people shout then maybe we can get something done!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andomCaptainMan  over a year ago

Roscommon

"There are so many fake profiles on fab, these can be both dangerous and at best annoying . example , we traveled 2 1/2 hours to a address only to find the profile was completely fake. What kicks do these people get?? When a profile is found to be fake ,Genuinely fake then there should be away of warning others. Can Admin please help?? if enough genuine people shout then maybe we can get something done! "

Seriously admin!?! When i raised concern on a forum post yestetday over some guys motives after a very crude comment which implied taking sexual advantage of people... what happened? The complete forum thread vanished!! I mean seriously i worry sometimes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The first thing I do before chatting to someone is right click and Google search their photos to see are they off the net. I check the verifys are from legit people as well. I always meet for a coffee during the day in a public place. I also get live Kik picture as well. It's not fool proof but this method works for me.

By *hors.HammerMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

I've come across a few profiles the last couple of days with images taken from Google. I've reported them to Admit but they haven't been removed.

"I've come across a few profiles the last couple of days with images taken from Google. I've reported them to Admit but they haven't been removed. "

I had two arguments with guys with fake photos yesterday

One argued that he's private person and his body kind of looked like the photos he stole. But he insisted he was "100 % genuine"

The other had stolen photos of a Indian actor. He said he looked like the actor so that's why he used photos.

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble people are having and I have to say I've been very lucky in that the fake profile thing hasn't affected me yet.

I think its not solvable though. The admins are generally volunteers and are a little overrun, so unfortunately you need to take your own precautions.

In addition to Rosys tips above, I would only offer that a profile which shows as being on the site for a longer time is more likely to be real.. I'm always dubious of new people as they are more likely to be bored curious Saturday night types after a few drinks.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

"I've come across a few profiles the last couple of days with images taken from Google. I've reported them to Admit but they haven't been removed. "

This

Yet my own photos are frequently rejected several times before being approved.

Newbridge

"I've come across a few profiles the last couple of days with images taken from Google. I've reported them to Admit but they haven't been removed.

One argued that he's private person and his body kind of looked like the photos he stole. But he insisted he was "100 % genuine"

The other had stolen photos of a Indian actor. He said he looked like the actor so that's why he used photos."

I just don't understand why people do that. I know myself I'm not everyone's cup of tea. I'm more like a shot of whiskey. But I'm me not going to mislead anyone with fake photos. I've even seen profiles that have stolen the text from other fabbers. I had a mail last week from a guy asking me would I write his profile for him.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Yeah there are actually way more fakes than you could imagine, I think there are thousands upon thousands.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

"The first thing I do before chatting to someone is right click and Google search their photos to see are they off the net. I check the verifys are from legit people as well. I always meet for a coffee during the day in a public place. I also get live Kik picture as well. It's not fool proof but this method works for me."

This... You have to be thorough and check people out. Chat on kik, exchange photos or videos. I know there is still no guarantee but generally a genuine person will oblige sending you a pic touching their nose or something to prove theyre real. Fakes usually go quiet when the requests on kik start. And this is just another reason i wont meet unverified men... The amount of people using fake pics is rife.

By *andomCaptainMan  over a year ago

Roscommon

"I'm sorry to hear about the trouble people are having and I have to say I've been very lucky in that the fake profile thing hasn't affected me yet.

I think its not solvable though. The admins are generally volunteers and are a little overrun, so unfortunately you need to take your own precautions"

Totally appreciate that they are overun but have to question their motives on occasion?

Newbridge

"I'm sorry to hear about the trouble people are having and I have to say I've been very lucky in that the fake profile thing hasn't affected me yet.

I think its not solvable though. The admins are generally volunteers and are a little overrun, so unfortunately you need to take your own precautions

Totally appreciate that they are overun but have to question their motives on occasion? "

for a lot I think it's the fantasy of it for some. Others they have something to hide and the rest is down to low self-esteem issues, where they think they won't be desired if they use their own pictures.

By *loki_38Man  over a year ago

Rural

Posted on here recently about a profile using my pics. Obviously I reported it straight away.The next day I get a message from FAB banning me from forums for a set time because I named the fake profile. To say I was pissed was an understatement. Finding out from a friend 2 days later the fake profile was still up only made me worse. Fab would be much better off protecting the sites credibility, by removing the fake profiles and banning accounts being set up from that IP address, instead they ban me for making it public.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I've come across a few profiles the last couple of days with images taken from Google. I've reported them to Admit but they haven't been removed.

The other had stolen photos of a Indian actor. He said he looked like the actor so that's why he used photos."

Fakes aren't funny, but that is slightly comical.

We have been caught out in the past twice by fakes, kinda knocked us back a bit and were very close in deleting our profile.

"The first thing I do before chatting to someone is right click and Google search their photos to see are they off the net. I check the verifys are from legit people as well. I always meet for a coffee during the day in a public place. I also get live Kik picture as well. It's not fool proof but this method works for me."

But how do you search for their pics in google? Very good advice but how?

By *laveishMan  over a year ago

kildare

Finally I get why people ask for kik photos. Doh

"The first thing I do before chatting to someone is right click and Google search their photos to see are they off the net. I check the verifys are from legit people as well. I always meet for a coffee during the day in a public place. I also get live Kik picture as well. It's not fool proof but this method works for me.

But how do you search for their pics in google? Very good advice but how?"

If you are on your phone right click on the photo you want to search. Option to search in Google. If it's a match a list of sites will come up. Need any further information please Pm me

Newbridge

I use a site for mine as it works better than google. google will sometimes not find them

city

You can get a chrome/firefox plug in and it will search google/tineye/yandex/baidu and a few more to the rightclick/popup menu.

your imagination

Also folks.... It's worthwhile to do a reverse image search on your own photos from time to time... Just to see if anyone else is using them

city

"Also folks.... It's worthwhile to do a reverse image search on your own photos from time to time... Just to see if anyone else is using them "

I searched mine and it didnt even tell me they were used on this site, said they were unique on the internet.

"The first thing I do before chatting to someone is right click and Google search their photos to see are they off the net. I check the verifys are from legit people as well. I always meet for a coffee during the day in a public place. I also get live Kik picture as well. It's not fool proof but this method works for me.

But how do you search for their pics in google? Very good advice but how?

If you are on your phone right click on the photo you want to search. Option to search in Google. If it's a match a list of sites will come up. Need any further information please Pm me"

Just tried to pm but can’t get through your filters. Nothing appears in my iPhone

"I use a site for mine as it works better than google. google will sometimes not find them "
. Which one?

your imagination

"Also folks.... It's worthwhile to do a reverse image search on your own photos from time to time... Just to see if anyone else is using them

I searched mine and it didnt even tell me they were used on this site, said they were unique on the internet."

Because you were searching from this site?

"Also folks.... It's worthwhile to do a reverse image search on your own photos from time to time... Just to see if anyone else is using them

I searched mine and it didnt even tell me they were used on this site, said they were unique on the internet.

Because you were searching from this site? "

I think there’s a function in the privacy settings where you can choose if you show up in google searches or not.

I used to cum across pics but age has meant I need more stimulation to achieve a result!

Though seriously, commiserations to all who have been duped. I have. What people get out of it confounds me.

city

Because you were searching from this site? "

Google says the current one I have is "Album Cover", that its basically art.

Google says my other one is a bare chest, then show "similar" photos and they are all sexy men topless.

By *hocoholicWoman  over a year ago

The big D

It’s part of d lifestyle. If I think a profile is fake I just don’t engage, simple. If I’m arranging a meet I pick from d pool of contacts Iv made thru attending socials. If it does tickle my fancy to go meet some1 Iv not met before it’s always profiles with plenty of verifs plus i contact 1of their verifs for private chat. I also will get a posed pic or call before meeting.

Everyone here is an adult & needs to ensure their own safety & do their homework on others so these let downs are avoidable.

Red live kik pic genius...

» Add a new message to this topic